AirVape Legacy Pro

davesmith

Glass Blower
Here's a little hack I've been running: a dynavap cooling unit from The Rogue Wax Works inside the glass air path tube. Gets some good turbulence going in there (presumably), cools the vapor a bit, and doesn't restrict airflow at all. IIRC they're about $15. I had one laying around.

Photo:

Think ive still got a lamart intercooler somwhere ill have to dig it out at christmas when i open my alp. Thanks for the idea!

Mndeadhead

lol I know, I read the manual too when I got it. But this has nothing to do with my problem. My session mode is set to 5 minutes, but after just 1 minute without movement the device turns off for "safety" reasons, thats what I'm trying to turn of
That sounds like on demand mode to me? Sorry to be insulting, but you are sure you are in session mode and not on demand? On demand will shut off after a minute of inactivity, but session should not.

Pepeluis33

Today I had some nice long sessions (4-5 min) doing temp stepping from 190ºC to 240ºC
That sounds like on demand mode to me? Sorry to be insulting, but you are sure you are in session mode and not on demand? On demand will shut off after a minute of inactivity, but session should not.
It's a feature described in the manual (Tips & Tricks section): https://airvapeusa.com/pages/legacy-pro-user-manual
The safety shut-off sensor will turn the unit off after 60 seconds of no movement detected.

Finessseee

Is everyone here using the stock wpa when connecting to j hooks and water pipes? Or is there a third party wpa that I should consider instead?

Finessseee,

OyVape

I just bent a screen around the gold round part, trimmed the excess off with scissors. Then drilled a hole in the center. I made the hole a little smaller than the threaded post, so that it locks on the threads.
So how does this improve the draw, etc?

it must be a larger screen to start with, and you have considerable precision to bend ithe ring around itself so perfectly at the right depth to mate with the bowl.

also, are you saying this spins on the threads to adjust kind of like the disk? does it get sticky easily?

sorry for the barrage of questions, but this is fascinating (especially if it works well). I’m like “ How did he do THAT??"

Last edited:
OyVape,

Pepeluis33

This is a reminder to register your devices within 30 days after purchase for lifetime warranty: https://airvapeusa.com/pages/warranty-registration
I did it (I'm EU based) and got an answer in no time:
Congratulations!
Your AirVape Legacy PRO is now registered to our Limited Lifetime Warranty!

I've been doing these days some long sessions starting at low temps as suggested (170ºC) and I'm having very pleasant, consistent and long sessions (4-5 min) with 0.08-0.1g fluffy loads. Definitely this has replaced the V3Pro for out and about (I love it for dog walks) and now I'm debating if is going also to replace the Mighty for sessions. Honestly my expectations about this device were low at the beginning and I picked the 2x1 deal by a pure VAS impulse, but I'm liking it more and more.

thx1138

Mad how pedantic some are.

Mines has these things... but they are so minimal that they ain't even worth mentioning. There ain't a plastic device in the land that doesn't flex a little,

If I cover the bottom air flow it seems pretty tight to me. Maybe the slightest bit of air makes it through but it's extremely low. But judging by the other stuff you're moaning about, it's probably the same on yours 😉

And I didnt even do a single burn of and within 3 or 4 bowls it tastes the same as my mighty. 🤷‍♂️.
moaning? pedantic? (definitely wrong word choice, now thats pedantic) how about some decent manners? plastic is a generic term, and lots of plastic things have no flex in them - its better to help w/o coloring the person posting as moaning

gabs021

No insult taken, but I'm sure it's on session mode. Turn on, wait for it to hit 240 and vibrate and then I get great hits, but after 1 minute stopped on the table it turns off. Only happens during bong hits when I'm not moving it

Pepeluis33

IMG-4903.jpg

Rate this ABV

Pepeluis33,
Reactions: davesmith

JustAnotherCritic

It's my birthday today. It would be a great present to release the dosing caps today :) I will also accept free dosing caps :)

For real though, I'm going to have to make sure I don't miss out on the first batch, and I'll have to remember to pick up a wpa in the same order to save on shipping, been waiting for the caps to have an excuse to make the order.

seedy53

DOSE CAPS: Release Date: ? don't know....Still a crap-shoot.
Come on, Apollo/Airvape reps, the release date of the Dose Caps, has to be possible by now, is Dec 8th?
or at least, take pre-orders
Asking Nicely, i am.😇

Here's a little hack I've been running: a dynavap cooling unit from The Rogue Wax Works inside the glass air path tube. Gets some good turbulence going in there (presumably), cools the vapor a bit, and doesn't restrict airflow at all. IIRC they're about $15. I had one laying around.

Photo:
Just use a short, coarse, steel drill bit, instead. correct diameter bit, of course. lol

vandalizedbythelotus

Lotus, it’s worth asking for replacement of the unit with the light leak, crooked door, etc. I’m glad you also got a good unit so you know how it’s supposed to be, and don’t think we’re all nuts for loving this thing 😉
well i took your advice and reached out to airvapeusa, thank you. the now famous bernadette completely turned things around for me by offering a replacement unit free of charge (obviously gladly accepted)!

meanwhile the smell of plastic completely went away on both of the units currently in my possession. taste is indeed the best i've had from a mass produced vape by a huge margin. seems like oven material (whatever touches herb) matters at least as much as vape path.

and i figured out how to use a fully removable glass vape path with the ALP, it seals by just holding it pressed there, and i imagine a bit of silicone tubing on the joint edge would make it easier.

StringTheorista

Well *that* is an intriguing hack, Lotus! Assuming that’s a 14mm joint, a silicone hookah grommet would fit it perfectly, fyi (I use them on my 14mm VonG to make it fit an 18mm water piece). Glad it all worked out for you, happy vaping!

I think you’re right about the gold oven, because the other vape I own that has a gold oven, the vapman, also has exceptional flavor

And finally, one more time: C’MON DOSING CAPS! “Mid-December” is upon us

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

Well *that* is an intriguing hack, Lotus! Assuming that’s a 14mm joint, a silicone hookah grommet would fit it perfectly, fyi (I use them on my 14mm VonG to make it fit an 18mm water piece). Glad it all worked out for you, happy vaping!

I think you’re right about the gold oven, because the other vape I own that has a gold oven, the vapman, also has exceptional flavor

And finally, one more time: C’MON DOSING CAPS! “Mid-December” is upon us
thank you, that's a lamart stem (probably by glass charile) 18mm joint. it seals with the PEEK opening above the bowl. but i think 14mm with thick grommet should work even better if it can be somewhat jammed in the bowl for a more secure fit.

hear hear on the dosing caps, jingle jingle, santa's closing in fast :))

edit: as with other devices, turns out less is more with the ALP too.
half bowls covered with mesh hit hard and vape evenly to dark coffee brown, no stirring required with max temp ondemand.
this is not to say a full bowl in lower temp session isn't the beez kneez too haha

i'm very impressed with the heater and bowl, excellent balance of convection/conduction and performance with outstanding power efficiency.

Last edited:

someTooL

At first I thought I was enjoying this device because I had set my expectations low.

Glad to report that after using for a few weeks (not a DD, but in rotation) I really enjoy the dosage that it delivers.

Some “session” type devices leave me with a feeling of, “I think I’m medicated?”. The legacy pro does not leave me guessing lol.

Only problem I have now is that I deleted my order email and have no way to register it lol.

vandalizedbythelotus

At first I thought I was enjoying this device because I had set my expectations low.

Glad to report that after using for a few weeks (not a DD, but in rotation) I really enjoy the dosage that it delivers.

Some “session” type devices leave me with a feeling of, “I think I’m medicated?”. The legacy pro does not leave me guessing lol.

Only problem I have now is that I deleted my order email and have no way to register it lol.
don't think you need the order number, check out the form here.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: davesmith
Top Bottom