• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

MrBaked.co

ALP works perfectly with 0.1 and even quite a bit less, just use a screen over the bowl (I use S&B fine screens cut to measure) and bowl cover uncrewed to the max. I also use the same on the mighty for small dosis.
Haha weirdly. This is exactly what I done and came here to say so and boom you'd beat me to it 🤣.

It works tremendously. I had one bowl, didn't weight it but it wasn't a lot, chucked it to 180c and ripped it for the 2x3min seshes.

I then weighed out 0.1 chucked it in, screen on, bowl adjuster out max and ripped it for about 5 or 6 draws and it was spent. Done it all in about 3 mins or less.

So for me. It took until the 2nd bowl to decide I was keeping this over my mighty. It's perfect for when out and about and discreetnes is a must.

Also. It's not that bad to load and empty imo. I just tipped it out.

My mouthpiece is very loose though and having got the bong attachment, no way I'd trust it without holding.

The BB stem is excellent. I never even tried it without but I'm just assuming. The vape was much cooler than my mighty.
👍👍

vandalizedbythelotus

ok well damn my units are here, do i need to clean it before 1st use? burnoffs? battery seems fully charged.

edit:
1st impression i love it, seems solid and compact.
started a max temp burnoff, getting a just hint of robot fart now.
3d burnoff now, still smelly and unfortunately loose MP. apparently the EU shop is out, hopefully they get some along with caps soon.
4th, here's hoping the smell of baked plastic subsides.
5th and still unusable with the plastic smell, i'll give it a rest until i cut a 16mm mesh and finish my vapmap hash session.
9th still stinks, and wow it's a bit of a job to open the cover... not easy at all, i can imagine herbs flying everywhere from the effort.
11 heat cycles in i think the burnt plastic smell is starting to dissipate.

after 13 burnoffs and ISO wipe. i decided to vape bowl, the effects and vapor production are nice but i think the PEEK part around the bowl still smells a bit.
the heater, oven and microdosing disk are impressive bits of engineering, <3 the flat MP too but i'd like a round option too.
great performer ondemand! still has plastic hints but the cooking flavor seems promising.
does anyone have any tips for opening the door? the extremely small narrow cutout there kinda hurts my fingers...

@Gary-Airvape i would rather have a more solid bottom, mine has a light leak on the bottom near the power button, and flexes underneath the USB charging port which i now notice is a bit crooked.

hmm could a wood cover be used on the bottom instead of plastic in the future?
or perhaps a bit thicker plastic and a different door design like:
lower 1/3 covering the oven segment (current metal) with bottom retention clip, hinge, upper 2/3 same as plastic bottom with direct access to airpath and cell with top retention clip.

Last edited:

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I have had the ALP for about a month now and feel like I can give some honed feedback.

I bought the ALP with intent of it filling the role of a beater vape to compliment or take the place of a FW7.

First and foremost I would like to say that I would love to see a tear down of the unit and identification of materials and solder points...nothing wrong with peace of mind.

Pros:
1. Great Tasting Vapor
2. Very Large Chamber
3. Natively Cool (use at 435f)
4. Battery Life
5. Feel of Construction
6. Removable Battery
7. Convection Operation

Cons:
1. Extremely Messy- I despise dosing capsules and this is the first vape I am considering using them.
2. The oval screen next to the chamber becomes clogged quickly and anecdotally the device works better without it and the screen hack mentioned previously in the thread.
3. Orientation of Operation- the mouthpiece reduces the amount of usable positions with native use. A round stem option would fix this.

Narrative Notes:
I use the device in on demand at 435f
At the amount I paid (~$140) I really think this was a steal. It feels great in the hands and has survived multiple drops. The thermometer of my unit is very accurate, and comes to temp quickly. I use a lot of heavier hitters so I wanted something that I could rail and not have to sip on or pull forever. This thing can generate great vapor in little time, and with such a large bowl it lasts me multiple large hits. A full bowl I can get about 5 good hits from. The first is very terpy with good visible vapor. The second draw is the best with a great balance of vapor and flavor. Subsequent hits are all a roasted flavor but great vapor.

Not bad. Would buy again if at the right price mark.

seedy53

I have had the ALP for about a month now and feel like I can give some honed feedback.

I bought the ALP with intent of it filling the role of a beater vape to compliment or take the place of a FW7.

First and foremost I would like to say that I would love to see a tear down of the unit and identification of materials and solder points...nothing wrong with peace of mind.

Pros:
1. Great Tasting Vapor
2. Very Large Chamber
4. Battery Life
5. Feel of Construction
6. Removable Battery
7. Convection Operation

Cons:
1. Extremely Messy- I despise dosing capsules and this is the first vape I am considering using them.
2. The oval screen next to the chamber becomes clogged quickly and anecdotally the device works better without it and the screen hack mentioned previously in the thread.
3. Orientation of Operation- the mouthpiece reduces the amount of usable positions with native use. A round stem option would fix this.

Narrative Notes:
At the amount I paid (~$140) I really think this was a steal. It feels great in the hands and has survived multiple drops. The thermometer of my unit is very accurate, and comes to temp quickly. I use a lot of heavier hitters so I wanted something that I could rail and not have to sip on or pull forever. This thing can generate great vapor in little time, and with such a large bowl it lasts me multiple large hits. A full bowl I can get about 5 good hits from. The first is very terpy with good visible vapor. The second draw is the best with a great balance of vapor and flavor. Subsequent hits are all a roasted flavor but great vapor.

so far i love this alp, a mod or 2 is a sipper or with wpa is powerball unit or j hook or water bong is a fricking powerful. never had a bad plastic taste.
i found workarounds for loading and cleaning, easy pee-z.
this unit is under rated and made with quality and a wonderful addition to vap world.

Dr. G

Old Resident

Pros:
1. Great Tasting Vapor
2. Very Large Chamber
4. Battery Life
5. Feel of Construction
6. Removable Battery
7. Convection Operation

Cons:

Narrative Notes:

That was a very nice review of your experience! I loved reading it. Thank you.

MrBaked.co

Im loving this thing at the end of my first day.

A thought that i think would make it even better. We need a mode in the middle of sesh and on demand... Kinda like the tetra p80(or my tubo dual anyway) eco mode..

So on sesh mode but when you aren't taking a draw the temp drops a certain %. Prolonging the length of your bowl by not cooking the Herb as much or using as much battery in-between draws.

stinkbud

Damn my enthusiasm...it's a day with my ALP and only now I'm realizing I just shoved herb into it without a burn down. Oops. Oh well, if what I read regarding the NYC grey market weed is accurate, I've smoked worse.

That being said I'm getting the hang of it. I really love wax in it. I did not expect that.

I jumped on the Black Friday deal. Only prior experience with vaping was owning an xmax v3 pro (with capsules) for about a year. I was happy with it but I eventually lost my noobie's tolerance and found swapping and loading the little xmax caps with only 80mg capacity became too much fuss. So, the main reason I got the ALP was for the bigger chamber but also better airflow. I've only tested it with hemp flower so far, but so far so good.

StennyH2013,
Reactions: davesmith

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Well, after purchasing the ALP back in April, I can say without reservations….this thing rocks!! Granted, it can be a bit messy at times, but not too arduous. I mean we all have clean our vapes as maintenance, so it is a little more often. I am not really concerned about loading caps, because I feel it would make the vaping more on the conduction side versus convection. Just hoping that AirVape can devise a loading instrument. And a carrying case….
The ALP is an amazing device. I have found myself using the session mode more often. I start at 350F and step to 362F and finally 376F to finish. This one powerful tool for someone like me….I use it as a daily driver. I am disabled with spinal disease and PTSD. I chose not to go in the pharmaceutical direction for relief of pain, which is constant. Neuropathy is a real issue for me, due to nerve damage, ie…the spinal problem. Meditation and weed are my tools. At my age, 62 years old, I cannot deal with being hooked on opiates and the like. There is so much to see and do without sacrificing my coherence, nasty crawling skin and lower GI problems. I have been doing this protocol for over 30 years. I started using weed back 1973, it seemed to calm me down and relieve the stress of being abused by my folks, hence PTSD. People ask me if I get stoned, after all these years? My body may have built a certain amount of tolerance, but it makes me high to not acknowledge my pain. Pot will not eradicate all my pain, but it diverts my thinking about it. And believe me, that is more than half a panacea.
Thank you Gary @ AirVape for being on board here at FC, it is very appreciated. AirVape has done a fine job with this vape. Namaste✌️❤️

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

is the flexing/movement on the hinge/door, bottom and USB slot normal?
3rd cell in, after multiple burnoffs and a couple of (surprisingly hard hitting) bowls, i think the plastic aroma is barely noticeable (max temp).
and covering the bottom air intake and testing airflow restriction reveals the airpath is not that well isolated on my unit, certainly not sealed, is that normal?

edit: well i opened up the other one and the wobbly door hinge, flexing bottom, plastic stank and lack of airpath isolation are there also, i guess it's "normal"...
tbh, the only thing really bothering me is the plastic hint at max temp, hopefully it dissipates soon, that and the potential safety concern of not having well isolated airpath.

and found a tiny gold flake on the silicone near the disk in the other one, def needs a wipe out the box, since burnoff woudn't work for metal particles..

Last edited:

tashian

Well, after purchasing the ALP back in April, I can say without reservations….this thing rocks!! Granted, it can be a bit messy at times, but not too arduous. I mean we all have clean our vapes as maintenance, so it is a little more often. I am not really concerned about loading caps, because I feel it would make the vaping more on the conduction side versus convection. Just hoping that AirVape can devise a loading instrument. And a carrying case….
The ALP is an amazing device. I have found myself using the session mode more often. I start at 350F and step to 362F and finally 376F to finish. This one powerful tool for someone like me….I use it as a daily driver. I am disabled with spinal disease and PTSD. I chose not to go in the pharmaceutical direction for relief of pain, which is constant. Neuropathy is a real issue for me, due to nerve damage, ie…the spinal problem. Meditation and weed are my tools. At my age, 62 years old, I cannot deal with being hooked on opiates and the like. There is so much to see and do without sacrificing my coherence, nasty crawling skin and lower GI problems. I have been doing this protocol for over 30 years. I started using weed back 1973, it seemed to calm me down and relieve the stress of being abused by my folks, hence PTSD. People ask me if I get stoned, after all these years? My body may have built a certain amount of tolerance, but it makes me high to not acknowledge my pain. Pot will not eradicate all my pain, but it diverts my thinking about it. And believe me, that is more than half a panacea.
Thank you Gary @ AirVape for being on board here at FC, it is very appreciated. AirVape has done a fine job with this vape. Namaste✌️❤️
If you are in the EU I would recommend to search in France for the best possible loading "tool" that is a small leather "tray" called "Mixelle" is one of my best purchases ever and perfectly suitable to easily load this and any other vapeI ever used.

tashian,

MrBaked.co

is the flexing/movement on the hinge/door, bottom and USB slot normal?
3rd cell in, after multiple burnoffs and a couple of (surprisingly hard hitting) bowls, i think the plastic aroma is barely noticeable (max temp).
and covering the bottom air intake and testing airflow restriction reveals the airpath is not that well isolated on my unit, certainly not sealed, is that normal?

edit: well i opened up the other one and the wobbly door hinge, flexing bottom, plastic stank and lack of airpath isolation are there also, i guess it's "normal"...
tbh, the only thing really bothering me is the plastic hint at max temp, hopefully it dissipates soon, that and the potential safety concern of not having well isolated airpath.
Mad how pedantic some are.

Mines has these things... but they are so minimal that they ain't even worth mentioning. There ain't a plastic device in the land that doesn't flex a little,

If I cover the bottom air flow it seems pretty tight to me. Maybe the slightest bit of air makes it through but it's extremely low. But judging by the other stuff you're moaning about, it's probably the same on yours 😉

And I didnt even do a single burn of and within 3 or 4 bowls it tastes the same as my mighty. 🤷‍♂️.

vandalizedbythelotus

Mad how pedantic some are.

Mines has these things... but they are so minimal that they ain't even worth mentioning. There ain't a plastic device in the land that doesn't flex a little,

If I cover the bottom air flow it seems pretty tight to me. Maybe the slightest bit of air makes it through but it's extremely low. But judging by the other stuff you're moaning about, it's probably the same on yours 😉

And I didnt even do a single burn of and within 3 or 4 bowls it tastes the same as my mighty. 🤷‍♂️.
did i offend you somehow? what's with the personal attacks lol?

regarding airflow, i was testing for leaks, in what's supposed to be an isolated airpath. it's not sealed unfortunately.

after opening the other ALP, the plastic smell is much more noticeable on that one so the good news is surely it dissipates.
i guess i'm more sensitive than most, also part of the reason i didn't buy the mighty and other plastic vapes.
i'm making an exception for ALP due to raving reviews (shilling) but besides really good performance in ondemand, 1st impression on build quality and certain design decisions is meh.
the door and hinge are metal, IMO they shouldn't tilt like that, my cheaper plastic phone doesn't flex like that.

loading (even with the mesh screen workaround) and cleaning the ALP is kind of a chore, really takes away from an enjoyable hassle free, experience.
hopefully those issues can be fixed with capsules and an entirely removable vape path in the next iteration.
the performance of the heater and bowl design are stellar, too bad the aforementioned aspects severely affects my experience/impression with it.

edit: cleaned all the parts and both units as well as possible.
the other unit appears a bit more solid overall and the USB slot looks straight.
also the robot farts seem to be dissipating faster.

@Dr. G i don't think there's anything horrid with it hahaha, far from it i think it's a great ondemand performer, however those aspects i mentioned (bowl interaction, entire vapepath removable) could make it so much better in a future version. convenience and maintenance are huge factors for me.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I own three Pro's...all of them came perfect. Sorry some of you are experiencing shit. My second one even fell in the toilet and my family member got it working and kept it. This vape is strong, good, gets the job done. The mouth piece on all three is in solid. Door closes. There is a mess. I CLEAN IT and start again. I don't have any problems with mine. I bought mine directly from the company. Out of all the friggen vapes I have this is certainly in my top three. There is no doubt that this is just a fucking great vape. The end. My review.

If there is something horrid about this vape and we say something the engineers fix it on the next round. That is a fact. So, I am waiting for the capsules to solve the mess problem. But, in all honesty what mess???? My dog is more of a mess, my kids are more of a mess, I have to clean a friggen bowl the size of a dime and complain? No shit. LOL....anyway, thanks PRO for listening to all of us...

MrBaked.co

I own three Pro's...all of them came perfect. Sorry some of you are experiencing shit. My second one even fell in the toilet and my family member got it working and kept it. This vape is strong, good, gets the job done. The mouth piece on all three is in solid. Door closes. There is a mess. I CLEAN IT and start again. I don't have any problems with mine. I bought mine directly from the company. Out of all the friggen vapes I have this is certainly in my top three. There is no doubt that this is just a fucking great vape. The end. My review.

If there is something horrid about this vape and we say something the engineers fix it on the next round. That is a fact. So, I am waiting for the capsules to solve the mess problem. But, in all honesty what mess???? My dog is more of a mess, my kids are more of a mess, I have to clean a friggen bowl the size of a dime and complain? No shit. LOL....anyway, thanks PRO for listening to all of us...
I agree with all of this. I have a loose tip but that's easily resolved so I'm told..

Hopefully they listen to the eco sesh mode suggestion. 🤣

MrBaked.co,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I used to wonder if the ALP would hit as hard as a Dynavap but my fears were allayed.

Just fired up the ALP in session mode (I'm lazy) and took a few rips off a packed bowl of coarse ground Astro Pink Kush @370F. Wow. ALP beat me like I owed it money.

Not that the Dynas don't hit hard but the bowl is just bigger on this beast and the draw is so cool and easy. My problem is I don't put it down as early as I should. Awful problem to have to be sure 😏

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
So I used to wonder if the ALP would hit as hard as a Dynavap but my fears were allayed.

Just fired up the ALP in session mode (I'm lazy) and took a few rips off a packed bowl of coarse ground Astro Pink Kush @370F. Wow. ALP beat me like I owed it money.

Not that the Dynas don't hit hard but the bowl is just bigger on this beast and the draw is so cool and easy. My problem is I don't put it down as early as I should. Awful problem to have to be sure 😏
I wonder flower weight for flower weight and you did the comparison with a difference would be? What a few caps that match the size of the bowl of the ALP?

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: davesmith

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I wonder flower weight for flower weight and you did the comparison with a difference would be? What a few caps that match the size of the bowl of the ALP?
Interesting test. I could straw-load a dyna and then dump it into the ALP to see.

I'm guessing they'd probably be the same pound-for-pound. The dyna's bowl is so small that the conduction can pretty much do a perfect extraction most times. ALP's bowl with 0.1g (typical dyna bowl) is no problem for total extraction either.

I'd say the ALP is just cooler and nicer with temp stepping options whereas you need skill on the dyna to heat differently. Ease of reloading definitely goes to the Dyna but you reload ALP less often. They're both great.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Kaaotic

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Interesting test. I could straw-load a dyna and then dump it into the ALP to see.

I'm guessing they'd probably be the same pound-for-pound. The dyna's bowl is so small that the conduction can pretty much do a perfect extraction most times. ALP's bowl with 0.1g (typical dyna bowl) is no problem for total extraction either.

I'd say the ALP is just cooler and nicer with temp stepping options whereas you need skill on the dyna to heat differently. Ease of reloading definitely goes to the Dyna but you reload ALP less often. They're both great.
Absolutely agree.

That's also a good idea straw method and try it on the other vape That's how I always set my benchmark. They all have their purposes for sure

MrBaked.co

I just tried dynavap amount in the ALP as yous mentioned it. . Filled the dynavap, emptied it in the ALP, put the screen on top with the adjuster thing screwed out.

Got 3 or 4 decent rips on-demand. Flavour was gone after the 2nd. Even the second was a bit meh and that was at 180c.

But it works which is cool

Top Bottom