• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

felvapes

Hi everyone, so, it was a fucked up day today. My Pro flew into the toilet. Yes. The toilet today. I took it out quickly and proceeded to dry it. Took out the battery, etc. I did not try to turn it on. So...please help me anyone. What should I do other than cry? Is there something I should be doing? Once something falls into water its not the same anymore right?

Shit. Ok. So I get a new one. This sucks. But, what is great is that I have my TM2 and my Volcano to the rescue. Until I get my Pro working and a new one.
I was going to suggest the rice idea as Gary suggested but maybe not now
put it rice for a day, and see if it turns on if not, DM me;)
This was my suggestion but I will have to re consider now
Please don't do that:
Interesting article
I found a Samsung s7 when they were new in the river - salt water too
Leaving to dry a few days it wouldn't turn on
I put in rice for two days and it powered on straight away and still works to this day as a back up phone

I'm sure the article is correct and opening and iso would be the best way
I'm wondering though if rice still helps at all on a sealed unit
Salt is even better at moisture collection but is a lot finer and might get inside the phone parts

I'm going to have to think about this more now after reading the article you shared and re consider the rice technique
It certainly has had practical benefits for me even if the theory says otherwise
I'm pretty sure it was the rice and not just time drying it out too - I've used for other devices too

But - I'll do more thinking now and reading and maybe I'll come to the conclusion rice doesn't work

Cheers for the link regardless

felvapes,
Reactions: LesPlenty

greenpager

greenpager,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Dr. G

Old Resident
Hello everyone, I realized this morning that the vape that I love from the moment go is dead. I killed it. Shit happens. Time to take action. There is a code WCBF that will get you $100 off a Pro. It is a legit code just in case anyone wants to get a Pro. $100 off with this code.

I cannot live without this vape...I NEED ONE ASAP! Thanks everyone for helping me with info about water damage. Bottom line: Your electronic equipment does not like water. It is pretty much fucked up until the end. Never the same again.

PS I now have a vape that can be taken apart for a tear down. Does anyone want to do that?

Dr. G

Old Resident
I don’t think we’ve seen a full tear down of the ALP yet. I’d love to see one documented if you end up tearing it open :).
I can't use my hands very well...I was offering it to a member of the board that wants and knows how to do that. I would send them my dead vape. It is an ideal situation if anyone wants to give it a shot. But, we would like to have a video of it right? Anyway, its there.

felvapes

I can't use my hands very well...I was offering it to a member of the board that wants and knows how to do that. I would send them my dead vape. It is an ideal situation if anyone wants to give it a shot. But, we would like to have a video of it right? Anyway, its there.
Some one could show what they found on a video after the fact maybe
But it would take some time and care to open
Would be easier for some one to take pictures along the way to document otherwise it might be a very long video

Just looking at mine here, if I were to do it I'm thinking iso and pick tools to remove the material on the base to gain access to what I'm assuming is a cover of sorts to the insides as the rest appears like a shell and one piece that the rest of the vape slides into I'm assuming

stinkbud

Really thinking about jumping on that $100 code. I'm hoping that the BF deal they emailed us all about will be better. I missed on the CHRISSY50 code by a day and I'm looking for another 50% off deal before I take the leap.

stinkbud,
Reactions: davesmith

getsoutalive

Said this a few pages back, but see that it has come up again, the ALP is a VERY capable electronic hash vape.

I am not happy with loading ground herb into the chamber outdoors. Too much work in a breeze and almost always messy.

BUT I can break off a few nuggets and wrap them in cotton ahead of any outing. Loading and unloading is simple, quick and clean. I have changed to a 10 minute session at max temp (5 minutes always seemed to get here too soon). I will wait at least another minute after the initial temp buzz. Once it gets cooking, look out. Flavor is wonderful for the initial session at least and shutting down to return later works just fine.

El Peligroso

the one thing im worried about is the hinge for the lid. Constantly opening and closing will likely lead to wear and tear. I know there is a warranty but I'd prefer not to deal with that when its not an electrical issue.

also waiting on the air path breakdown. thinking of buying the mighty bc of the Lindy effect, tried and tested over the years but saving $120+ with similar performance is hard to turn down.

El Peligroso,
Reactions: gabs021

felvapes

the one thing im worried about is the hinge for the lid. Constantly opening and closing will likely lead to wear and tear. I know there is a warranty but I'd prefer not to deal with that when its not an electrical issue.

also waiting on the air path breakdown. thinking of buying the mighty bc of the Lindy effect, tried and tested over the years but saving $120+ with similar performance is hard to turn down.
If you are concerned about the alp airpath - maybe you should avoid the mighty, a lot more plastic in that one lol

The airpath for the ALP has been discussed many times in this thread
PEEK, silicone, glass, metal screens

felvapes,

gabs021

How do you remove the oven screen? I know about the microdosing disk on top, but is there a removable screen inside the oven? How do you take it off?

Or when you say oven screen is the little screen right next to the oven, not inside of it?

gabs021,

El Peligroso

If you are concerned about the alp airpath - maybe you should avoid the mighty, a lot more plastic in that one lol

The airpath for the ALP has been discussed many times in this thread
PEEK, silicone, glass, metal screens
Their factory is medically approved. It would follow that their plastic is safe for consumption. It’s also been out for 8 years so that’s a lot of time for any health hazards to rear its head.

A few pages back there was a component to the air path that wasn’t disclosed yet so I’m looking to see if that was followed up on.

The small form factor is looking nice.

felvapes

Their factory is medically approved. It would follow that their plastic is safe for consumption. It’s also been out for 8 years so that’s a lot of time for any health hazards to rear its head.

A few pages back there was a component to the air path that wasn’t disclosed yet so I’m looking to see if that was followed up on.

The small form factor is looking nice.
What component are you eluding to but not mentioning?
Until it's opened we don't know if the heater is in the path - but we do what it's made of if you read this thread fully or ask via email and it's safe
Afaik all has been answered to us openly so far - especially via email

What I am not aware of is the "part" you don't trust
As for the mighty - the medically cert ones used to only go to 360° until more recently and the others went to 410
Make of that what you will - plus the melting hybrid chambers they had to fix

My hinge has been sturdy as so far with a lot of opening and closing for what it's worth

vandalizedbythelotus

are there any seams in the 2 plastic hollow segments in the vapepath, i mean under the oval sieve near the oven and the area between the glass and MP?
i know the segment next to the bowl is PEEK but what about the one next to the MP? is it still PEEK or same as the case?
what material is the case is made of (body underneath textile and leather bits)?
how are the 2 silicone seals holding the glass attached to the plastic? are they replaceable?

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

gabs021

I got my ALP this friday, been really enjoying it. Good feeling on hand, heavy weight to it and makes great vapor.

Only thing I been having problems with is on demand mode, I'm getting more vapor on session mode with the same temps, don't know if its something I'm doing wrong but... I get more vapor and more roasted avb on session mode.

Waiting for the dosing capsules too

arismistr

I got my ALP this friday, been really enjoying it. Good feeling on hand, heavy weight to it and makes great vapor.

Only thing I been having problems with is on demand mode, I'm getting more vapor on session mode with the same temps, don't know if its something I'm doing wrong but... I get more vapor and more roasted avb on session mode.

Waiting for the dosing capsules too
On demand the heat is convection and on session becomes hybrid which is the difference in vapor and colour of avb

Top Bottom