AirVape Legacy Pro

OyVape

Actually, while we’re on the subject, the gold disc seems kind of gimmicky without serving that much purpose other than getting sticky. Even more puzsling to me is why they used that flat bit of rubber or silicone around it. It seems permanently sticky. I have to clean it with alcohol, although doing so can’t be good for it.

OyVape

I am referring to the little flat plate that is under the gold disc. I am under the impression that softer material like rubber and silicone can deteriorate if left soaking in a solvent like alcohol. Please correct me if that is not correct.

actually, anything sticky all ended up coming off under hot running water and a drop of Dawn detergent

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am referring to the little flat plate that is under the gold disc. I am under the impression that softer material like rubber and silicone can deteriorate if left soaking in a solvent like alcohol. Please correct me if that is not correct.

actually, anything sticky all ended up coming off under hot running water and a drop of Dawn detergent
I do not soak anything rubber...I do clean and wipe with an alcohol wipe...I did read that soaking certain rubber parts is not good for it.

I did order a hat and it came today...need I say that I love it. The bottom flap has a nice green leaf design...

Dr. G,
Reactions: felvapes

felvapes

Are some of the screens in this page what people are suggesting?

Mighty screens

*edited to fix typo
Yes those are the screens I use
Get the wide mesh ones
Actually, while we’re on the subject, the gold disc seems kind of gimmicky without serving that much purpose other than getting sticky. Even more puzsling to me is why they used that flat bit of rubber or silicone around it. It seems permanently sticky. I have to clean it with alcohol, although doing so can’t be good for it.

It is silicone not rubber - there is a huge difference and we need to use the correct terminology
One is safe and the other ilike smoking cones through a rubber hose

The silicone I do not soak (what are you doing?)
I never removed it from the device
I use a qtip dipped in iso and wipe it clean no soaking
Then I use a mouth moistened qtip to wipe any residual leftovers
And I can go over a week or more before I need to wipe it at all, it doesn't build up there, almost all build up over time is in the glass tube

The disc is meant for making the bowl a smaller size and helps stop avb fly around if you don't mod it and use a mighty screen
Definitely has a purpose if used as factory setup
For me it hold the screen in place until I get dosing caps then I'll remove it
If you unscrew it about half way it won't matter that the holes clog as vapour goes around and under it

They also need the silicone on the door and around the PEEK that surrounds the bowl as this is what creates the sealed and isolated airpath if you take note of the design and how it functions

vandalizedbythelotus

Yes those are the screens I use
Get the wide mesh ones

It is silicone not rubber - there is a huge difference and we need to use the correct terminology

I never removed it from the device
I use a qtip dipped in iso and wipe it clean no soaking
Then I use a mouth moistened qtip to wipe any residual leftovers
And I can go over a week or more before I need to wipe it at all, it doesn't build up there, almost all build up over time is in the glass tube

The disc is meant for making the bowl a smaller size and helps stop avb fly around if you don't mod it and use a mighty screen
Definitely has a purpose if used as factory setup
For me it hold the screen in place until I get dosing caps then I'll remove it
If you unscrew it about half way it won't matter that the holes clog as vapour goes around and under it

They also need the silicone on the door and around the PEEK that surrounds the bowl as this is what creates the sealed and isolated airpath if you take note of the design and how it functions
the peek and silicone vapor path segments are the main concern for me with this device. i'm thinking the areas around and on top of the bowl should become sticky from 1st use. are you saying there's actually very little to no sticky buildup around the bowl?

vandalizedbythelotus,

felvapes

the peek and silicone vapor path segments are the main concern for me with this device. i'm thinking the areas around and on top of the bowl should become sticky from 1st use. are you saying there's actually very little to no sticky buildup around the bowl?
Almost every device has PEEK near the bowl
There are no safety concerns with PEEK
The silicone isolates the PEEK from the airpath - this is it's purpose - to create and airtight and isolated airpath

There are no safety concerns with high temp silicone

The silicone airpath gets some reclaim after one use
It builds a little and then tends to stop building up
The elbows people whine about also do not tend to build up

The glass tube is where most of the reclaim collects
I have gone two weeks without cleaning and I could have gone longer

Remove small gold screen
Mighty screen on bowl
Disc unscrewed half way

This keeps the unit very clean and reclaim will not build up in a bad way
The glass tube collects the most

This is the one of the easiest to maintain and very low maintenance vapes I've owned if used as mentioned

getsoutalive

I bought the ALP a few weeks back when the 50% code was available. I was not in the market for a new vape as I already own a DC-Elev8r for home and TM OG for portable use. But at half off, I couldn't help but buy a back-up portable device.

I will likely not use the ALP for DHV on the road as loading the bowl is messy (esp outdoors) and loading a stem by pushing it into a small container is too simple. The TM is just easier to load. Flavor and effects are similar, cleaning will likely be more difficult with the ALP also. So for ease of loading and cleaning reasons, the TM will still be the choice for dry herb portable.

What I have been loving the ALP for is hash. Get some cotton wicking material, break a nugget off of a temple ball and wrap it up in a cotton wad. Set the device to 460 and for a 5 minute session. She needs a few more seconds to really heat the load after the initial at temp buzz. But once things are moving, look out. She rips. Having a proper oven means the ALP does hash much better than the TM and I will often carry both depending upon where and how long I will be out.

Very pleased with my purchase at a ridiculously low price. Perhaps the dosing caps will help with loading outside, but my history with them has been less than stellar.

Edit to add that a 5 minute hash sesh is much easier to pass around to friends as if sharing a joint. Something that has been missing with DHV overall.

Last edited:

StringTheorista

I decided to look up PEEK, this is what I found:
7-D4-B68-CE-8436-470-C-B2-E2-481-B09-E28-D44.jpg

9-F20-FE29-279-F-4-BEF-A85-A-CF5-FF74-C0-B42.jpg
Everyone has different tolerances for what materials they feel safe using. I don’t see the point in arguing about this; some folks want an all glass airpath, and that’s fine. The TM provides that. I will say I don’t taste any hint of silicone or plastic or electronics with the ALP, and the vapor is the best tasting of any electronic vape I own (V3, splinter, solo II, dead POTV One). The silicone is well cured (unlike the One, which stank even after several burn offs, tho that smell eventually did fade with use), and is odor-less. It’s also just used to form seals, so the amount actually contacting vapor is negligible, if any. There is PEEK in both elbows. I can’t taste anything, and after reading the spec sheet for this particular plastic, I feel comfortable with it touching vapor. It doesn’t impart any flavor, as far as I can tell. I would have expected reclaim to collect in the elbows, since that is where the vapor path is bending, but it actually mostly collects on the glass, and a bit under the mouthpiece, which is simple to clean.

Gary or Bernadette, is there a reason the screen under the mouthpiece is not also gold-plated, like the bowl and the much-despised mini-screen?

1973PortlandToker

What I have been loving the ALP for is hash.

I'll try it, but I doubt it will measure up to my Vapman for hash.

Same here. Just wipe it clean and let it dry for a few seconds.

Last edited:
1973PortlandToker,
Reactions: felvapes

Bazinga

Are some of the screens in this page what people are suggesting?

Mighty screens

*edited to fix typo
The "course" screen worked well. I tried the "fine" screen and found that it restricted essentially all vapor production. I visited several vape shops and could only find the "fine" screens. Searching Amazon and EBAY I found many offerings. However, visually I was unable to determine if the screens were course or fine. Any links, other than S&B, to the proper screens would be appreciated.

Bazinga,

ld

I found this to be a very good way to keep it clean, then went one step further. I unscrew the gold disc completely and place one of the screens linked below over a full bowl of herb, concave side up. Even less mess ime, plus a bigger bowl capacity and the screen is easier to clean

Thank you so much for the recommendation, ordered yesterday, received today, much better than the mesh ones.

ld,

Pukka

The disc gives you the ability to reduce bowl size by extending it into the bowl. IMO 2 or 3 sized discs, like 3/4-1/2-1/4 or 2/3-1/3, plus full bowl would work better.

As for that silicon rectangle, it's replaceable and available from Airvape down towards the bottom of the accessory page just before the hats.

Backpack

Thank you so much for the recommendation, ordered yesterday, received today, much better than the mesh ones.
Did you get the half inch ones that were linked? I have a few of those around from a different project and they seemed too small. Have been thinking of getting some of the 5/8" ones since that's just under 16mm which would be about the same as the Mighty screens folks have been using.

Backpack,

greenpager

The "course" screen worked well. I tried the "fine" screen and found that it restricted essentially all vapor production. I visited several vape shops and could only find the "fine" screens. Searching Amazon and EBAY I found many offerings. However, visually I was unable to determine if the screens were course or fine. Any links, other than S&B, to the proper screens would be appreciated.
ordered mine from potv 🍰

greenpager,

Archive

Still don’t see much difference from removing the small gold screen. I doubt I could blind-test this thing with and without and tell the difference… maybe my draw speed isn't as fast as others.

I've been finding myself just using the ALP native lately, brushing off the mess with every re-load. I might end up needing a better brush, though. I managed to accidentally melt mine down on one side.

I've been playing around with lower temperatures on my ALP lately. I sat and sipped on a session-mode 300F for awhile and really enjoyed a light-headed clean feeling that lasted hours. It's a nice break from doing 464F on-demand straight to the face. I love that I can get such a varied experience from the same vape.

I can't really decide on a "best" way to use it. I just keep on messing around with the settings and generally enjoying myself.

felvapes

Still don’t see much difference from removing the small gold screen. I doubt I could blind-test this thing with and without and tell the difference… maybe my draw speed isn't as fast as others.

I've been finding myself just using the ALP native lately, brushing off the mess with every re-load. I might end up needing a better brush, though. I managed to accidentally melt mine down on one side.

I've been playing around with lower temperatures on my ALP lately. I sat and sipped on a session-mode 300F for awhile and really enjoyed a light-headed clean feeling that lasted hours. It's a nice break from doing 464F on-demand straight to the face. I love that I can get such a varied experience from the same vape.

I can't really decide on a "best" way to use it. I just keep on messing around with the settings and generally enjoying myself.
If you leave that gold screen in for a few bowls you will soon see the difference as it clogs up, not an issue if it isn't there
A few bowls vs a week or so between cleaning
Big difference ime

I get no mess by putting the mighty screen over the weed
Empty while it's warm/hot, open door, turn upside, tap on table, empty clean

Pretty sure any vape that one sticks a brush into while hot will get melty bits
My mate just did the same thing and melted bits and had to clean the bowl
I told him not to brush (at least not hot)
Just use a mouth moistened qtip in the bowl and it's all good (there's no avb anywhere else using the screen over weed)
Occasionally I blow back through the intake holes too

Even when I use low temps I use on demand mode
Unless on water, then it was session mode to get a bit better clouds with the conduction
There's lots of ways to enjoy it
I played with lots of different settings when I first had it for the first few weeks
All pretty enjoyable, but I ended up using on demand high temps most of the time
I like clouds and favour and hard hits
Sometimes a lower temp is good for flavour chasing

StringTheorista

The Storz and Bickel brushes are great with this vape, and don't melt. They’re natural bristle, as @vandalizedbythelotus recommended

gabs021

We probably wont see the dosing capsules during black friday right? Thinking about ordering from the website the wpa, mouthpiece and replacement stem and also the capsules, would do it all once since the shipping is insanely expensive to Brazil.

2tiki

I read a post on reddit that someone used the included concentrate pad on top of the bowl instead of a mighty screen. Can someone try that and let me know if it works? Then I won't have to try and track down a screen before I order the ALP. Thanks!

I am also wondering if I could just drill out a bunch more holes with a tiny drill bit (that I already have) in the included disk on the door if I take it off first. Is the only thing people don't like about that disk is that it gets clogged too quickly?

2tiki,
Top Bottom