AirVape Legacy Pro

Dr. G

Old Resident
USA GEAR HS5 Vape Case on Amazon...I am using this one and it works perfectly until Airvape comes out with their version.

Last edited:
Dr. G,

Dr. G

Old Resident
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71izPTLmbOL._AC_SX679_.jpg
71izPTLmbOL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Dr. G,

RAG

This "tear down" is missing almost everything of interest. The electronics are no where to be seen. The lower airpath is not visible. This hardly sets the standard. This isn't remotely useful.

I would love to see more transparency from vape companies, but this ain't it.
I mentioned what you're writing and all of those things you just mentioned are what we're waiting for in the angus thread. See below :)
Thanks for the reply, but Yllvape has just set a new standard with their launch sharing a deconstructed picture with all materials listed (a few exceptions where we're waiting for the manufacturer to get back to us regarding) Can you share something like this?
As I said, I wont take your word for it until I can verify everything myself. It's very simple and it's a matter of principle ;) This is something I have come to demand of every vape I use nowadays. I wont be risking my life or the people I sell these devices to. This is not something personal but just being straight with you.
*a few exceptions where we're waiting for the manufacturer to get back to us ;)

Hopefully Airvape will get back to us with good details :)

RAG,
Reactions: Dr. G

2tiki

I'm 99% sure I'll be buying the ALP by the end of this month. Besides getting a screen (locally) to do the mod people keep talking about, is there anything else anyone who has been using it at least for a few weeks would say is definitely a good idea to have?

I'm hoping the vapor will be cool enough that I can just use it with the standard mouth piece (from what I've read here, it sounds like that is probably the case), but may occasionally want to run it through water. Should I order the WPA from Airvape at the same time I order the ALP? If the mouth piece isn't really locked onto the device, I am worried about it all being balanced on a glass piece.

I know some folks were having an issue about what type of battery to use, and I don't want to get that whole thing started again, but I was also thinking about just ordering an extra battery when I order the ALP because I doubt I'll need more than 2 since I already have a wireless charging pad for my phone, and will probably keep it on the pad any time it gets below 50% full. So the extra battery is more of a back up. I'll probably be doing 5-10 sessions each day spread out over most of the day. So I don't think it will be that hard to keep it charged up even off of one battery.

I've never used dosing capsules, but if they are available when I go to order the ALP, and they aren't that much money, I may get one or a couple of those.

I already have a small smell-proof bag that I used to carry my Solo2 and "supplies" around, so I don't need one of those. I'm thinking about looking at the dollar store for a small funnel for loading. Do any ALP owners wish they had a funnel, or is it really not that messy to load?

Anything else you think I should order either from Airvape, or elsewhere?

Dr. G

Old Resident
I'm 99% sure I'll be buying the ALP by the end of this month. Besides getting a screen (locally) to do the mod people keep talking about, is there anything else anyone who has been using it at least for a few weeks would say is definitely a good idea to have?

I'm hoping the vapor will be cool enough that I can just use it with the standard mouth piece (from what I've read here, it sounds like that is probably the case), but may occasionally want to run it through water. Should I order the WPA from Airvape at the same time I order the ALP? If the mouth piece isn't really locked onto the device, I am worried about it all being balanced on a glass piece.

I know some folks were having an issue about what type of battery to use, and I don't want to get that whole thing started again, but I was also thinking about just ordering an extra battery when I order the ALP because I doubt I'll need more than 2 since I already have a wireless charging pad for my phone, and will probably keep it on the pad any time it gets below 50% full. So the extra battery is more of a back up. I'll probably be doing 5-10 sessions each day spread out over most of the day. So I don't think it will be that hard to keep it charged up even off of one battery.

I've never used dosing capsules, but if they are available when I go to order the ALP, and they aren't that much money, I may get one or a couple of those.

I already have a small smell-proof bag that I used to carry my Solo2 and "supplies" around, so I don't need one of those. I'm thinking about looking at the dollar store for a small funnel for loading. Do any ALP owners wish they had a funnel, or is it really not that messy to load?

Since this is my go to vape now...what I noticed is that get extra little screens...they get dirty, small, a bit cumbersome...but, give yourself time to clean it and place it back. Some Legacy Pro users actually I read take that out altogether!

I love the Wireless battery charger is a must. I did go ahead and got that bag they sell...

I did get some extra mouth pieces and the inner glass tube. I did drop my vape on the first day from a low position...but, I hurried and took a look to see if that glass had broken. So, get an extra one. The mouth piece is friggen awesome. Never heats up. I tell you its spectacular. For me...I hope you get one. It is a very nice unit.

One more thing...get the water adapter...its very good.

Dr. G,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

After having owned it for a couple of weeks I'd say a funnel is a must. You can keep the cleaning after use to a minimum with the 16mm screen hack but loading it is often messy. I'm wondering if a small folded bit of stiff paper that could fit where the digging tool sits would work as a little loading ramp to avoid carrying a funnel around. Also because the extraction is so good I like to wipe it down at a minimum after every 2nd use. It gets sticky fast.

The battery life seems excellent to me although I use on-demand mode almost exclusively. I think one extra battery would be more than enough. A smell-proof bag is a must. Some vapes, like my IQ2 just don't smell but this one does.

Overall I really like this vape however I have an open question about the temperature. I lean towards tastier hits over massive clouds but I notice I have to keep the temp really low (like 310F) to get the most tasty hits out of a bowl or else I'll get hotter hits with less taste after the 2nd hit. Wondering if this is normal? I use a fine grind and pack the bowl full with a little tamp.

TigoleBitties,

El Peligroso

This "tear down" is missing almost everything of interest. The electronics are no where to be seen. The lower airpath is not visible. This hardly sets the standard. This isn't remotely useful.

I would love to see more transparency from vape companies, but this ain't it.
Which vapes have been tried and tested to have a clean airpath (besides dynavap)? You seem to know your stuff and would like to know as well. Thanks.

Edit: I also know the Mighty is the only medically approved vape (Germany has some strict medical standards), but unfortunately the slow heat up time and lack of interchangeable batteries is a turnoff.

El Peligroso,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Which vapes have been tried and tested to have a clean airpath (besides dynavap)? You seem to know your stuff and would like to know as well. Thanks.

Edit: I also know the Mighty is the only medically approved vape (Germany has some strict medical standards), but unfortunately the slow heat up time and lack of interchangeable batteries is a turnoff.
I saw a couple of tear downs of TM and also, the Firefly on Youtube...clear.

Greenpager....the case is smell proof. I have not had an issue with it. It is very nice.

El Peligroso

Rather than derail the thread, this is a great question to ask in the Ask FC section. Or find an existing thread over there. 👍
Feels like a stretch to post a few vapes as “derailing” then moving on. you could’ve listed a few vapes in the time it took me to post a question and wait for a reply. But I understand, rules are rules. I’ll be a good boy for you next time.

El Peligroso,

felvapes

People who use a Mighty screen (5/8 inch) and remove the small gold plate,

Have you notice any change in the extraction or function? Such as less roast, loss of the conduction heating factor, more convection, having to pack a bit differently, etc.

I tried with and without and I'm not sure.
Better airflow and vapour production
Same pack and use
Cleaner, easy maintenance
I totally get wanting to see a teardown, I wouldn't mind seeing that myself, but some folks are getting pretty nasty about it as if this company owes it to them and is the only one who doesn't show one. When in reality, most don't.

Could people please learn to ask nicely, and not make wild accusations if they do not get their way? I am well aware that some of the nasty ones will probably get nasty with me now, such is the internet.
I agree, this company has been more than accommodating when I have asked for any information via email
I think giving them a hard time before giving them a chance to reply is only going to make them less likely to engage at all
Certainly no need for the attitude when they have given every answer prior to what materials have been used etc and have already now stated that they will ask the factory for some kind of pictures they can share
As for teardowns - re read my Randy comments
An independent teardown reviewer would be brilliant as once was - the customer needs to want this for the community and companies will oblige eventually
Anyone can start making videos if they are willing to open a unit

This was also answered by CS via email and I gave that information here
Any battery that is over 10a draw can be used and you will keep your warranty

Complexity

Been a minute but I am STILL happily using my Airvape Legacy Pro exclusively. Absolutely loving the flavors on both modes, vapor production, efficiency and overall extraction potency.

The one thing I still gripe about to myself is...cleaning it.

I've been reading the posts on here and I have been heavily anticipating the arrival of those capsules to order!

Would really help keeping this unit clean and gunk out of the air path.

Also, I lost one of the small screens. It still bothers the heck out of me!

Dr. G

Old Resident
Been a minute but I am STILL happily using my Airvape Legacy Pro exclusively. Absolutely loving the flavors on both modes, vapor production, efficiency and overall extraction potency.

I've been reading the posts on here and I have been heavily anticipating the arrival of those capsules to order!

The tiny little bitch screen next to the loading dock....I know right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that little bitch. I almost lost mine too. So, I went ahead and ordered more....because I know that I am going to loose that little bitch soon. I love my Pro....the flavor, the flavor...like no other. The Firefly is the only thing comes close....

felvapes

The tiny little bitch screen next to the loading dock....I know right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that little bitch. I almost lost mine too. So, I went ahead and ordered more....because I know that I am going to loose that little bitch soon. I love my Pro....the flavor, the flavor...like no other. The Firefly is the only thing comes close....
Remove that little gold screen
Forget it exists

Put a wide mesh mighty screen (or any 15/16mm) over the weed on bowl

Unscrew disc on door half way

Everything stays clean and avb doesn't go anywhere, stays in bowl
Open door, turn upside when done and tap
Avb falls out
Everything clean
Also better airflow and vapour production without the little gold screen

When dosing caps are here I will remove the disc on the door also

vandalizedbythelotus

hate to break it to you but capsules won't save any vape from gunk/reclaim/sticky buildup, but it will make reloading easier.
this is why it's so important to make the entire airpath ideally, but at least the vape path, from easy to clean inert materials. and have well thought out access to the oven.
seems like a couple of plastic and silicone areas can degrade vapor quality and potentially make cleaning and reloading enough of a chore to ruin the experience/device.

sesh732

Imaginable
Remove that little gold screen
Forget it exists

Put a wide mesh mighty screen (or any 15/16mm) over the weed on bowl

Unscrew disc on door half way
I found this to be a very good way to keep it clean, then went one step further. I unscrew the gold disc completely and place one of the screens linked below over a full bowl of herb, concave side up. Even less mess ime, plus a bigger bowl capacity and the screen is easier to clean

OyVape

I found this to be a very good way to keep it clean, then went one step further. I unscrew the gold disc completely and place one of the screens linked below over a full bowl of herb, concave side up. Even less mess ime, plus a bigger bowl capacity and the screen is easier to clean

Funny, I just saw these on Amazon last night, but they looked a little small like weed would fall out around the edges

OyVape,

felvapes

Will restrict the airflow and get reclaim too much I would think and let avb through the holes (I fine grind)
I use a wide mesh mighty screen, it's better than the fine mesh and doesn't stick to avb
When dosing caps come I will remove the disc on the door too

felvapes,
Top Bottom