AirVape Legacy Pro

Archive

I read a post on reddit that someone used the included concentrate pad on top of the bowl instead of a mighty screen. Can someone try that and let me know if it works? Then I won't have to try and track down a screen before I order the ALP. Thanks!

I am also wondering if I could just drill out a bunch more holes with a tiny drill bit (that I already have) in the included disk on the door if I take it off first. Is the only thing people don't like about that disk is that it gets clogged too quickly?
I've tried this, and it works... a bit...

The concentrate pad is slightly too small, so some flower can get around it. It's also got tons of nooks and crannies so you end up clogging it up with bits of flower. Do not recommend.

ld

Did you get the half inch ones that were linked? I have a few of those around from a different project and they seemed too small. Have been thinking of getting some of the 5/8" ones since that's just under 16mm which would be about the same as the Mighty screens folks have been using.
I got the 5/8 and it's perfect.

2tiki

I've tried this, and it works... a bit...

The concentrate pad is slightly too small, so some flower can get around it. It's also got tons of nooks and crannies so you end up clogging it up with bits of flower. Do not recommend.
Thanks for letting me know.

You haven't seen any signs of the gold plating coming off of the bowl from getting scratched by the screen, have you?

2tiki,
Hey guys, I've had my ALP for about a week now and I just have a few questions on the fit and finish. Mainly, is the oven door supposed to be open slightly even when closed? My door doesn't close flush, the bottom half is tilted open a bit. It's open enough that the stir tool can slide freely through the open space. The pictures of everyone else's devices look like your ovens close all the way but its kinda hard to see. I just wanna make sure this isn't messing with my airflow since its an opening so close to the bowl.

How do we know if we got the corrected mouth piece? Mine isn't terrible but it does pop off in my pocket usually and it feels very loose when using the WPA but it's not terrible(just not necessarily great either) so I'm uncertain if I got the revised one or not.

RAG

I read a post on reddit that someone used the included concentrate pad on top of the bowl instead of a mighty screen. Can someone try that and let me know if it works? Then I won't have to try and track down a screen before I order the ALP. Thanks!

I am also wondering if I could just drill out a bunch more holes with a tiny drill bit (that I already have) in the included disk on the door if I take it off first. Is the only thing people don't like about that disk is that it gets clogged too quickly?
This works, the airflow becomes a bit more restrictive but it works!

And yes the thing is that it becomes sticky and drags the whole bowl with it when you open it. Not sure if drilling holes is a good idea as I dont know what material is being used underneath the gold coating..

@Gary-Airvape we're still waiting for what's exposed and materials used in the airpath.

RAG,

Archive

You haven't seen any signs of the gold plating coming off of the bowl from getting scratched by the screen, have you?

The bowl definitely doesn't look as clean/golden anymore. I can't say if it's scratched or just dirty, but I can't get it completely clean even with iso/191 and I don't want to scrape it with something metal. I'm not too worried about it. I'll give it a cleaning and take a pic later so you can see what it looks like. I daily drive this thing so it might help to see that. A mighty screen doesn't seem to do any damage, but I suppose anything could if you jam it up against the edges and scrape it around.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Ok...the Taffee Bowle you can drink when you are doing a session...how about this idea Gary...a vape that can have wi-fi so you can hook a nice headset and hear music while you session? Are there any vapes like this? I would buy one...it seems like such a great idea. @Gary-Airvape

One of the best things about the PRO is the wireless charging...its a game changer.

Dr. G

Old Resident
So you want a vape with a headphone jack and media playback from streaming services? We are very different customers. 😄
I get very creative when I am medicated. I picked up Bubba Kush and all I hear is music. I thought maybe combing would be something....lol

...an Apple vape. HAHAHA.

OyVape

Mainly, is the oven door supposed to be open slightly even when closed? My door doesn't close flush, the bottom half is tilted open a bit. It's open enough that the stir tool can slide freely through the open space. The pictures of everyone else's devices look like your ovens close all the way but its kinda hard to see. I just wanna make sure this isn't messing with my airflow since its an opening so close to the bowl

Same thing with mine. The door lid is slightly loose on the end closest to the bowl. @Gary-Airvape, should it be?

On the other hand, it makes it easier to open. The latch thingy broke my fingernails.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Same thing with mine. The door lid is slightly loose on the end closest to the bowl. @Gary-Airvape, should it be?

On the other hand, it makes it easier to open. The latch thingy broke my fingernails.
I had this issue with the lid not totally closing tight.ly, but the lid was not loose.
I unscrewed the gold disk and removed it completely from the lid, I just use a Mighty screen to cover my bowl.
The lid now closes shut without any air leaks.
Hopefully this works for you

Last edited:

StringTheorista

I get very creative when I am medicated. I picked up Bubba Kush and all I hear is music. I thought maybe combing would be something....lol

...an Apple vape. HAHAHA.
I still have, somewhere, a compact camera I bought about 15 years ago that would also play MP3s. I didn’t understand then, and I still don’t, why someone would want to run down their camera (or vape) battery playing music.

My door also looks a bit askew, higher at the bowl end, but not enough of a gap to slide the poker tool in, as @Bad News Beards mentioned. Am also curious to know if the door is supposed to be completely flush

OyVape

I had this issue with the lid not totally closing tight.ly, but the lid was not loose.
I unscrewed the gold disk and removed it completely from the lid, I just use a Mighty screen to cover my bowl.
The lid now closes shut without any air leaks.
Hopefully this works for you
Same thing even with the gold disc removed

OyVape,

2tiki

I still have, somewhere, a compact camera I bought about 15 years ago that would also play MP3s. I didn’t understand then, and I still don’t, why someone would want to run down their camera (or vape) battery playing music.

My door also looks a bit askew, higher at the bowl end, but not enough of a gap to slide the poker tool in, as @Bad News Beards mentioned. Am also curious to know if the door is supposed to be completely flush
Maybe if they get so high that they forget that their phone can play music? 🤣

2tiki

Same thing even with the gold disc removed
Do you feel like it's effecting the quality or amount of vapor you are consuming with it? Or is it more of an esthetic annoyance? In other words, do you feel it's causing the silicone seal around the bowl to not stay sealed?

2tiki,
Do you feel like it's effecting the quality or amount of vapor you are consuming with it? Or is it more of an esthetic annoyance? In other words, do you feel it's causing the silicone seal around the bowl to not stay sealed?

If I squeeze the door shut while hitting there is a very noticeable difference in draw. It hits a lot harder when I'm squeezing the device closed. I'm just wondering if that's by design or not. I suppose its possible the door is ajar a little on purpose to add a bit of extra fresh air.

Bad News Beards,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

Old Resident
I was just sitting outside my house and it is so beautiful and vaping with my Pro and wanted to hear music...I thought shit. It would have been nice just to press a button. But, I realize its kinda...well, I would buy one. I have my other vapes to keep me sane. This would be a great beach thing.

Maybe if they get so high that they forget that their phone can play music? 🤣
I don't carry my phone when I vape....hell no. No calls. I have MY time. My meds. MY healing time. I look around and everyone is on the damn phone.

Dr. G,
Reactions: OyVape

vandalizedbythelotus

If I squeeze the door shut while hitting there is a very noticeable difference in draw. It hits a lot harder when I'm squeezing the device closed. I'm just wondering if that's by design or not. I suppose its possible the door is ajar a little on purpose to add a bit of extra fresh air.
what? no way that's by design. it's counterproductive especially for a convection heater. sounds like a fault to me.
could it be the silicone parts or the disk are not seated properly?

Holy cow, I just did a whole bowl while holding the door shut and it got me way more blasted than it ever has when I was using it as-is. It was a hotter draw but I got a lot more vapor from each hit. Would be nice to use my WPA like this but having to squeeze the device shut makes this a two handed operation that I don't think would be so easy on a bong.

what? no way that's by design. it's counterproductive especially for a convection heater. sounds like a fault to me.
The way people put their finger over intake hole to get better hits on the Xmax V3 came to mind and we already have the gold disc/screen mod that makes the device better so I didn't want to jump to conclusions and say mine had a fault. I don't think it is by design but I suppose it always could be. I'm guessing yours stays closed flush though?

Bad News Beards,
Reactions: Dr. G

vandalizedbythelotus

The way people put their finger over intake hole to get better hits on the Xmax V3 came to mind and we already have the gold disc/screen mod that makes the device better so I didn't want to jump to conclusions and say mine had a fault. I don't think it is by design but I suppose it always could be. I'm guessing yours stays closed flush though?
i don't have one yet but know a thing or two about flow and heating, and mixing in fresh air like a carb via leaky seal in a battery powered convection portable doesn't make any sense to me.
the thing with the v3 is restricting/slowing airflow intake before the heater, in order to increase temp. not after it like in this case.
are you sure the silicone bits and disk are seated properly?

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,
i don't have one yet but know a thing or two about flow and heating, and mixing in fresh air like a carb via leaky seal in a battery powered convection portable doesn't make any sense to me.
the thing with the v3 is restricting/slowing airflow intake before the heater, in order to increase temp. not after it like in this case.
are you sure the silicone bits and disk are seated properly?
Everything is seated properly. I even took off the silicon pad entirely to see if that was the issue and even without the pad it's still ajar at the bottom.

Archive

Close up shot of the oven. This is cleaned after every few uses with 191 or iso using the brush and a cue tip. This is actually post-cleaning, so you can see some residue has started to pile up. I think there are some faint scratches too, probably from the little metal stir tool that is inside the cover. I tried to scrape some of the black off the edges but gave up.

D2-D1-B106-C889-415-A-B6-DF-38-EC12426470.jpg

Here’s a zoomed out shot to see how it looks in general:

A8-A39293-F637-416-B-8037-1-B98181442-C7.jpg

Max temp burn offs and attempts to scrape the dark residue off with the stir tool/brush have been unsuccessful at returning it to perfect. That said, I was able to scrape a bit off in the center (as you can see).

Seems pretty impossible to get it back to like-new. Maybe I’ll try a few of my plastic scrape tools and see if I can get it cleaner later. If it’s possible to keep that crucible sparkling, I haven’t found it :).

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

@Archive i think some chemical and heat would help more than just scraping (gold is soft).
i'd try placing some white vinegar soaked cotton or tissue inside the upside down bowl.

hmm i might just try this for a vapman without the hassle of removing the pan for soaking.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Top Bottom