AirVape Legacy Pro

checkyourlibido

I’m assuming this is the best deal ever and black Friday won’t top it, but who knows?
Some BF sales start right after Halloween. But I don't see how it could get much better than this. Unless they also threw in an accessory or something, or if they just do a ridiculous sale to get it in more peoples hands and get the hype up, though I think this 50% off is already accomplishing that to some extent.

ld

The mighty was always rough on the throat and not smooth
Too much plastic too, which I could taste

Remove the small gold screen

The screen sizes will work the same
One will let more weed out though as it's a smalller diameter
I use a mighty screen which is about 15.6mm and it's perfect

Remove the small screen it clogs up and restricts airflow
Putting a screen on the bowl will keep everything clean
The whole vape is better like this

Session mode works
Is not as good or tasty though
Cooks the weed too much in the bowl
On demand full temp - strong draws is the key
You get great flavour as the rush of fresh air stops it cooking the terps off
This isn't one of those old slow draw stare at the wall vapes
Full extraction comes here too
I don't hold my finger on it the entire time, that defeats the purpose of on demand and why it isn't much different to session for you and the flavoyisnt there at full temp
Hold button, buzzes at temp, draw with decent strength, let go of button just before you stop inhaling, blow out vapour, repeat when ready for another draw

A mighty screen is the go
It is wide mesh for airflow and it is approx 15.6mm so perfect fit without letting avb past so keeps all clean yet stays from scrubbing the edges of the gold plated bowl
I have a question and suggestion, my question has to do with the rubber gasket that held the air path screen that I took off, is there any advantage or disadvantage to leaving it off? My suggestion is for the dosing capsule to somehow be screwed into the post that’s threaded?

ld,

felvapes

I have a question and suggestion, my question has to do with the rubber gasket that held the air path screen that I took off, is there any advantage or disadvantage to leaving it off? My suggestion is for the dosing capsule to somehow be screwed into the post that’s threaded?
I'd leave the gasket off as well as the screen
It holds no purpose but holding the screen in place

Imo the dosing cap would not be better as you described
I think a normal cap will be best for ease of use and also the whole idea of quick and easy swap out
Not sure what benefits attaching it to the door would have besides blocking extra airflow through the lid

Archive

After trying it with and without that little gold screen/gasket installed, I don't really see much of any difference either way. Doesn't seem to drastically change anything about the experience.

Which is to say... the experience is top notch either way.

felvapes

After trying it with and without that little gold screen/gasket installed, I don't really see much of any difference either way. Doesn't seem to drastically change anything about the experience.

Which is to say... the experience is top notch either way.
That screen clogs up so quickly and restricts airflow
Also by putting the mighty screen on the bowl it keeps the vape completely clean from avb

There is a massive difference with regular use to function, maintenance and cleaning

felvapes,
Reactions: Okla68

sickmanfraud

does anyone use the legacy pro with a water piece? I got a mega globe and I'm wondering how well it works with the ALP

Also finding it weird how I can't find a single video of the vape being used with a bong lol, I know it's a new vape but there are almost no videos of people using it

I have to say that my experience with the WPA was less than ideal.

I tried several times but I could not get visible vapor.

It actually turned me off to the ALP.

Prior to getting the WPA, I used my ALP at least once a day but I have not used it since the failed WPA attempt over a month ago.

felvapes

I have to say that my experience with the WPA was less than ideal.

I tried several times but I could not get visible vapor.

It actually turned me off to the ALP.

Prior to getting the WPA, I used my ALP at least once a day but I have not used it since the failed WPA attempt over a month ago.
You need the high temps for water - try 464
Session may help too
My first water attempt was similar to you, high temps are needed - but they don't combust there so all good

It's great with a jhook

I don't really use any way but dry though now

ld

I'd leave the gasket off as well as the screen
It holds no purpose but holding the screen in place

Imo the dosing cap would not be better as you described
I think a normal cap will be best for ease of use and also the whole idea of quick and easy swap out
Not sure what benefits attaching it to the door would have besides blocking extra airflow through the lid
Thank you for your reply, I just thought since it’s threaded already maybe something can be attached to help with the mess. I clean it after every load and it still is tough, just tried a screen on top of flower and it did help. I’m loving the vape (flavor is excellent). It has become my go to first vape bypassing Crafty+, Dynavap, DaVinci and all of the others.

average_joe

Hello nice ppl I would appreciate if the owners of the vape could be as critic as possible and let everyone know what they dont like about the vape or what you think it could be improved, please be super honest. On my part I am scared of all the parts the vape has, seems like a lot of little moving parts that I could lose, it also doesnt seem easy to clean compared to stem vapes like the Tetrax, I am also worried about the bowl, it seems like its funnel shaped so that would help for loading (I never liked bowls, I think its much easier to load and unload a stem), do you find the mouthpiece to get lose when carrying the vape on a backpack? Does it really compare to a hit from a TM or p80? Is the inner glass easy to brake if you drop the vape? I think those are my main concerns, I really dont need a new vape but for the price I feel like getting an ALP, its not vas... Im a leo so im curious xD. Thanks for your time.

JustAnotherCritic

Hello nice ppl I would appreciate if the owners of the vape could be as critic as possible and let everyone know what they dont like about the vape or what you think it could be improved, please be super honest. On my part I am scared of all the parts the vape has, seems like a lot of little moving parts that I could lose, it also doesnt seem easy to clean compared to stem vapes like the Tetrax, I am also worried about the bowl, it seems like its funnel shaped so that would help for loading (I never liked bowls, I think its much easier to load and unload a stem), do you find the mouthpiece to get lose when carrying the vape on a backpack? Does it really compare to a hit from a TM or p80? Is the inner glass easy to brake if you drop the vape? I think those are my main concerns, I really dont need a new vape but for the price I feel like getting an ALP, its not vas... Im a leo so im curious xD. Thanks for your time.

I'll do my best to cover everything you asked.

1) I find its main fault to be how messy it is. There is a learning curve to loading it properly without making a mess. The surface around the bowl gets sticky with resin so everything that doesn't land in the bowl can get stuck. This is easily mitigated by using something like a folded post it as a ramp to load it or like my funnel on Page 46

A very minor gripe I have is that the bottom isn't flat so it has to lay down. This obviously isn't a big deal, especially since I usually have it sitting on a wireless charger.

2) Cleaning isn't that bad. The glass air path is removable, and you can access the nooks and crannies easy enough. Not the easiest, but a full clean still won't take long. Basic maintenance like using a 15mm screen on top of the bowl can allow you to go much further between cleanings.

3) There are a few small pieces, but I can't see them getting lost unless you're taking it apart in strange places. It's only really the tiny screen next to the bowl and the microdosing disk, there's really not many pieces.

4) The bowl is fine. I've had zero issues with it. Like I mentioned it's made significantly easier to load by using a folded piece of paper or a funnel trimmed to size. Once dosing caps arrive it will become the only way I use it.

5) The stock mouthpiece does have issues, but they will send you a better fitting one at no cost making it a non-issue to me.

6) I've never dropped it, but the glass stem is sort of 'floating' between two rubber grommets which act as a shock absorber of sorts, I would assume that something else would break before the glass stem. It's a pretty thick glass stem.

7) I've never tried the tinymight or p80, but it hits as well as a mighty in my opinion. It's by far my best hitting vape and I've tested out a ton of them for my reviews.

Backpack

Hello nice ppl I would appreciate if the owners of the vape could be as critic as possible and let everyone know what they dont like about the vape or what you think it could be improved, please be super honest.

I once dropped the whole device from about waist high onto a hard floor. The glass airpath piece was totally fine, as was the rest of the device.

I have a few minor gripes:

- The power button, which is also used for on-demand mode, is not in a very good place ergonomically to hold down while hitting it in my opinion. It's not hard to use but it could be easier. And if I had hand strength issues or something like that, it might be a problem.

- most of the minor issues can be addressed easily: free replacement for the loose mouthpiece, you can remove the tiny oval screen and put a flat screen over the bowl, etc., but I wish all that was sorted so that it was already perfect out of the box.

- it is easy to clean but it is messy to load. A scoop helps a lot— I use an OGB scoop from TRWW.

- I'm a patient guy but it does bum me out a bit that we're still waiting on dosing capsules.

As far as comparing it to a TM or P80, I haven't used either, but it can indeed provide huge hits that are surprisingly smooth and cool. Performs closer to my Highlighter and Hydrobrick than to any portable I've used.

EarthworldTim

I dropped my legacy pro from about waist height when I was going to empty it once(dropped while open) and the two tabs on the battery door that get inserted first broke off but that's the only permanent damage. I think the pin for the chamber door popped out but that was reinstalled easily and hasn't come out again since. Still works the same as before except battery door falls off if it gets flipped.

I do feel that the design of this vape does lend itself to accidents/clumsy mistakes more than other designs just because of the door and having to change/adjust grip when dealing with the door for loading and unloading if not at a table or counter. I consider myself to be pretty careful in general and can't remember the last time I broke anything from clumsiness except a carb cap quite a long time ago.

That being said this vape is a hiking staple of mine because it has a fairly large chamber and handles a full pack with a concentrate center very well. The loading and unloading gets quite a bit easier and isn't a deal breaker for me. The mess others have mentioned is true but cleaning is easy and I've found more frequent tidying up around the chamber preferable to less frequent deep cleans. Flavor is good but not quite as good as TM, P80.

ld

I once dropped the whole device from about waist high onto a hard floor. The glass airpath piece was totally fine, as was the rest of the device.

I have a few minor gripes:

- The power button, which is also used for on-demand mode, is not in a very good place ergonomically to hold down while hitting it in my opinion. It's not hard to use but it could be easier. And if I had hand strength issues or something like that, it might be a problem.

- most of the minor issues can be addressed easily: free replacement for the loose mouthpiece, you can remove the tiny oval screen and put a flat screen over the bowl, etc., but I wish all that was sorted so that it was already perfect out of the box.

- it is easy to clean but it is messy to load. A scoop helps a lot— I use an OGB scoop from TRWW.

- I'm a patient guy but it does bum me out a bit that we're still waiting on dosing capsules.

As far as comparing it to a TM or P80, I haven't used either, but it can indeed provide huge hits that are surprisingly smooth and cool. Performs closer to my Highlighter and Hydrobrick than to any portable I've used.
You are 100% correct on the button placement, I‘m strictly on demand.

greenpager

The Ryot “HeadCase” fits. It’s a little bulky, has a lot of padding because I think it’s intended for a glass pipe. There’s a Ryot “HardCase” that looks slimmer and more like a sunglasses case. Not sure that one will fit, was hoping someone here has one and can do a fit check.

there’s also a davinci case for the IQ2 at POTV that looks promising
I'm almost certain that I have the case you describe. Happy to report that the ALP fits but with little room for anything else (no room for cord or stem other than stock mp, for example). Fwiw, the ALP also fits in the small Skunk case I once used for my HR Fury Edge2.

Hi,

I'm on holiday; allow me a few days to respond. Dosing capsules are coming, currently, we are waiting for shipment from the manufacturer (out of my hand right now) BF deal is slightly better, but not much.
Been waiting (mostly) patiently for caps since late June ... J u n e ... and I'm running out of headgames and ways to distract myself. 😬

Nice discount codes. Any chance Apollo will take pre-orders on capsules? The thought of the capsules selling out from under me (bc now I only let myself check once a week) brings tears to my eyes. Relieve my anxiety. Send when available, but Take My Money. Please.

OrsonWhales

Been waiting (mostly) patiently for caps since late June ... J u n e ... and I'm running out of headgames and ways to distract myself. 😬

Nice discount codes. Any chance Apollo will take pre-orders on capsules? The thought of the capsules selling out from under me (bc now I only let myself check once a week) brings tears to my eyes. Relieve my anxiety. Send when available, but Take My Money. Please.
I feel this. I usually travel with something different just because it’s easier. If you’re only going to hit one then that’s another story but who are we kidding. Now it’s spilling in your console…..

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I can't confirm because I don't have the unit yet but I read a Reddit thread where ppl were saying that placing the concentrate pad on top of flower in the bowl works to help keep the material from flying around. Maybe as good as a screen if you don't have a 15-16mm one handy?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kaaotic

I got mine for $140 USD shipped to Canada via the 50% upgrade program. Excellent deal and stellar unit, amazing of Airvape to offer so many deep discounts can't remember the last time I've seen a company do that this much
How long did it take to get to you?

Kaaotic,

Okla68

I can't confirm because I don't have the unit yet but I read a Reddit thread where ppl were saying that placing the concentrate pad on top of flower in the bowl works to help keep the material from flying around. Maybe as good as a screen if you don't have a 15-16mm one handy?
The Concentrate Pad does a Great job on top of flower. ABV comes out attached to bottom(bowl side) of pad. Session mode at 420. A light scrap of the pad and a quick brush of the bowl...Good to go !!! Does an excellent job of keeping the lil port clean also. No apparent draw constriction and nice thick exhales.

OrsonWhales

I tried it with a mighty pad and it diminished the bowl size by quite a lot. It also restricted the draw.

OrsonWhales,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom