AirVape Legacy Pro

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Damn, VAS is real. That 50% code got me. Ordered one today. This is going to be my first convection vape and I want the experience to be great. I love terpy hits and I don't prioritize massive hits (well, not on the regular). My IQ2, Argo and dynavap/ispire wand have served me well in the conduction world but I'm ready to experience convection.

I like to take quick hits throughout the day so I'm looking forward to on-demand mode. What's the consensus on the best settings for on-demand tasty hits? I've seen things like 464F but won't this combust flower? Isn't this a wax mode setting?

Also the mini-screen removal mod thing while adding a 15-16mm screen on the bowl... Is it absolutely necessary if I'm just looking for tasty hits and not necessarily massive vapor?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JustAnotherCritic

Damn, VAS is real. That 50% code got me. Ordered one today. This is going to be my first convection vape and I want the experience to be great. I love terpy hits and I don't prioritize massive hits (well, not on the regular). My IQ2, Argo and dynavap/ispire wand have served me well in the conduction world but I'm ready to experience convection.

I like to take quick hits throughout the day so I'm looking forward to on-demand mode. What's the consensus on the best settings for on-demand tasty hits? I've seen things like 464F but won't this combust flower? Isn't this a wax mode setting?

Also the mini-screen removal mod thing while adding a 15-16mm screen on the bowl... Is it absolutely necessary if I'm just looking for tasty hits and not necessarily massive vapor?

Personally, I use session mode as an on-demand mode. I've tried the on-demand mode, and it does work well, but I don't always want to hold the button the entire time. This will come down to personal preference, so try both modes and see which one you prefer.

As for the temperature, I'm not a fan of it at max. Even in on-demand mode I keep it in the 370-380 range because I go more for flavor and full extraction rather than big clouds. So, since you want tasty hits you'll probably not want it too high, but that you can also play around with and see what you like.

Onto the screen to cover the bowl, I use a screen and remove the mini screen not because it gives bigger clouds, but because it increases the airflow making it more comfortable to use and decreases the mess since the screen keeps the crumbs contained. I use a 15mm screen because it sits free making it easy to dump out and remove. I found the 16mm screen was just a touch too snug.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Personally, I use session mode as an on-demand mode. I've tried the on-demand mode, and it does work well, but I don't always want to hold the button the entire time. This will come down to personal preference, so try both modes and see which one you prefer.

As for the temperature, I'm not a fan of it at max. Even in on-demand mode I keep it in the 370-380 range because I go more for flavor and full extraction rather than big clouds. So, since you want tasty hits you'll probably not want it too high, but that you can also play around with and see what you like.

Onto the screen to cover the bowl, I use a screen and remove the mini screen not because it gives bigger clouds, but because it increases the airflow making it more comfortable to use and decreases the mess since the screen keeps the crumbs contained. I use a 15mm screen because it sits free making it easy to dump out and remove. I found the 16mm screen was just a touch too snug.
Appreciate all the advice, thanks.

TigoleBitties,

felvapes

Actually, what attracts me about this vape is the claimed flavor and coolness of vapor rather than facemelting power.
I’ve had a Mighty for years, but I usually consume alone so it has been way too much for me. The caps help but still my throat gets irritated with flower In the Mighty.

Been dabbing almost exclusively for a few years now, so actually, that power might be needed because of high tolerance. I want to get back to a relaxing vape at the end of the day and enjoying the flower entourage effects.
The mighty was always rough on the throat and not smooth
Too much plastic too, which I could taste
I think you’ve forced my hand with the 50% code! I’m new to dry herb vapes and didn’t know VAS could set in this early. Oh well, at least we’re not combusting.

Any further tips and tricks for the ALP besides a 16mm screen on top of the flower for cleanliness? Going to order mine today and I already feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Remove the small gold screen
Set up a poll. I'm wondering also.
The screen sizes will work the same
One will let more weed out though as it's a smalller diameter
I use a mighty screen which is about 15.6mm and it's perfect

Remove the small screen it clogs up and restricts airflow
Putting a screen on the bowl will keep everything clean
The whole vape is better like this

Session mode works
Is not as good or tasty though
Cooks the weed too much in the bowl
On demand full temp - strong draws is the key
You get great flavour as the rush of fresh air stops it cooking the terps off
This isn't one of those old slow draw stare at the wall vapes
Full extraction comes here too
I don't hold my finger on it the entire time, that defeats the purpose of on demand and why it isn't much different to session for you and the flavoyisnt there at full temp
Hold button, buzzes at temp, draw with decent strength, let go of button just before you stop inhaling, blow out vapour, repeat when ready for another draw

A mighty screen is the go
It is wide mesh for airflow and it is approx 15.6mm so perfect fit without letting avb past so keeps all clean yet stays from scrubbing the edges of the gold plated bowl

Last edited:

JustAnotherCritic

I don't hold my finger on it the entire time, that defeats the purpose of on demand and why it isn't much different to session for you and the flavoyisnt there at full temp
Hold button, buzzes at temp, draw with decent strength, let go of button just before you stop inhaling, blow out vapour, repeat when ready for another draw

I meant I don't always want to hold it for those 15 or so seconds until it buzzes. When in session I turn it off partway through my hit so it doesn't cook and the bowl can cool down, same as how you describe your on-demand technique.

I've always been a fan of low temp extractions and in wax mode it just gets too hot for my tastes. If I do it the way you describe I lose the nuanced tastes of the lower temp terps. It just comes down to preference in temperature, that's why I said to play around and see what you like, there is no one right way to do it.

JustAnotherCritic,
Reactions: Okla68

felvapes

I meant I don't always want to hold it for those 15 or so seconds until it buzzes. When in session I turn it off partway through my hit so it doesn't cook and the bowl can cool down, same as how you describe your on-demand technique.

I've always been a fan of low temp extractions and in wax mode it just gets too hot for my tastes. If I do it the way you describe I lose the nuanced tastes of the lower temp terps. It just comes down to preference in temperature, that's why I said to play around and see what you like, there is no one right way to do it.
Of course it always comes to preference
Session mode still heats differently
Even at lower temps on demand is better flavour and vapour quality

I played a lot with it from factory settings to other
So I'm not saying how I use it is the only way to do so at all
But on demand definitely has better flavour regardless of what temp is comfortable for you

TeaCup

Just saw this code
4 days to go
50% off the ALP using the code
CHRISSY420
There are alot of things that I think won't happen as I leave for work every morning. Ordering a vape was about as high up that list of things I knew wouldn't happen before I left for work this morning. Boy was I very very wrong this morning, lol. Thanks @felvapes! :rockon:

OyVape

Maybe this is a question for @Gary-Airvape :

what is the purpose of the little gold oval shape screen next to the bowl? Especially Apparently some say the airflow is better without it.

OyVape,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So I have a question regarding the microdosing screw cap adjuster. If you unscrew it appropriately to touch the top of the weed in your bowl, doesn't it prevent a lot of material from flying around? Why the need for a 15 or 16 mm screen on the bowl if you try the mod ppl have discussed here (removing the little gold screen before glass airpath).

what is the purpose of the little gold oval shape screen next to the bowl? Especially Apparently some say the airflow is better without it.
Afaik it's to prevent any loose material from making it into the glass airpath (and then possibly into your lungs).

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: seedy53

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Yes, Tigole just answered for me, Thanks:) It is designed to capture material in a way that is easy to clean and wipe off... The material would not go further than the mouthpiece, but it is easy to wipe off after a session.

StringTheorista

It’s a screen at the top of the vapor path. If you just use the vape as configured, it gets covered with particles pretty fast. Adding a screen over the bowl contains particles inside the bowl, so that screen becomes superfluous.

I am hoping for quick release of capsules, because I find the screen over the bowl solution less than optimal

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
It’s a screen at the top of the vapor path. If you just use the vape as configured, it gets covered with particles pretty fast. Adding a screen over the bowl contains particles inside the bowl, so that screen becomes superfluous.

I am hoping for quick release of capsules, because I find the screen over the bowl solution less than optimal
So the adjustable microdosing screw cap doesn't do a good enough job keeping the weed from flying around? I would have thought it would act like a screen that keeps the material in place for the most part.

TigoleBitties,

JustAnotherCritic

So I have a question regarding the microdosing screw cap adjuster. If you unscrew it appropriately to touch the top of the weed in your bowl, doesn't it prevent a lot of material from flying around? Why the need for a 15 or 16 mm screen on the bowl if you try the mod ppl have discussed here (removing the little gold screen before glass airpath).

Most of the mess comes from opening it to dump it. Crumbs can get stuck to the disk and fall off when it's opened, while the 15mm screens keep it contained until you dump it out.

gabs021

does anyone use the legacy pro with a water piece? I got a mega globe and I'm wondering how well it works with the ALP

Also finding it weird how I can't find a single video of the vape being used with a bong lol, I know it's a new vape but there are almost no videos of people using it

seedy53

Most of the mess comes from opening it to dump it. Crumbs can get stuck to the disk and fall off when it's opened, while the 15mm screens keep it contained until you dump it out.
If you back-off the gold micro-wheel, almost completely , and load a med grind, full bowl (packed somewhat) then vap either in session or on demand mode until done, ready for AV jar.
Before opening the door, turn unit upside down and tap the back of the unit with 2 fingers a few times.
Then while in the upside down position open the door and you should see a brown AV puck on the golden micro-wheel. Just wipe or brush it into av jar. Then blow anything left, off door and oven chamber area.

felvapes

The small gold screen is to prevent avb and weed getting through the airpath
It clogs up waaay to quick and restricts airflow (far from easy to wipe off after a sesh, it gets sticky and clogged)
Using a mighty screen over the weed does a better job and keeps the unit clean

So the adjustable microdosing screw cap doesn't do a good enough job keeping the weed from flying around? I would have thought it would act like a screen that keeps the material in place for the most part.
The dosing disc doesn't stop avb getting around the sides of it and the vape gets messy as well as avb getting down the airpath if you remove the small gold screen
The mighty screen on top keeps everything clean - even if you left the gold screen the mighty screen on weed keeps all clean and not messy - so once you put that screen on the bowl you may as well remove the restrictive and clogging good one
does anyone use the legacy pro with a water piece? I got a mega globe and I'm wondering how well it works with the ALP

Also finding it weird how I can't find a single video of the vape being used with a bong lol, I know it's a new vape but there are almost no videos of people using it
I used it on a bong
But I found there's no need
It is so smooth dry that I get bigger and better hits without the water robbing me if terps and thc
I usually use all my vapes on a bong
Not with the ALP though
A jhook is nice though for extra cooling and big draws

Pukka

If you back-off the gold micro-wheel, almost completely , and load a med grind, full bowl (packed somewhat) then vap either in session or on demand mode until done, ready for AV jar.
Before opening the door, turn unit upside down and tap the back of the unit with 2 fingers a few times.
Then while in the upside down position open the door and you should see a brown AV puck on the golden micro-wheel. Just wipe or brush it into av jar. Then blow anything left, off door and oven chamber area.
I'm duplicating your techniques with a couple of small changes: 1) I've added a silicon o-ring to the post allowing the gold disc 1 full turn and ~1/2 turn to secure the puck; 2) Like you I use a medium grind (SCS) filled to the top of the bowl with absolutely as little pack down as possable, just leveling the load out. And again, like you, I'm getting a lovely little golden-brown puck in the end ...

Pukka,
Reactions: seedy53

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So this will be my first convection vape. Are fine grinds not recommended? Loose pack or tight pack? I've read many different techniques in this thread. Maybe this vape is forgiving and works well in many situations? Thanks in advance for any advice.

felvapes

So this will be my first convection vape. Are fine grinds not recommended? Loose pack or tight pack? I've read many different techniques in this thread. Maybe this vape is forgiving and works well in many situations? Thanks in advance for any advice.
I don't pay too much attention to pack
I don't pack it down tight though
Just load and use

This vape can be used in a variety of ways
But there are a couple of ways that make it shine over other ways and vapes

I fine grind in all my vapes
This one works "fine" with such a grind 😋

StringTheorista

The key with convection vapes is airflow thru the load is what extracts. So you want to at least cover the whole bottom of the bowl, so all the heated air moving thru the bowl touches material. Tight pack is not necessary as it often is in full conduction vapes, and just makes drawing harder.
I don’t load enough material, nor pack it down enough, to get that “puck” of AVB folks talk about, but am getting very satisfying results nonetheless. Using medium grind

Ariwe

The key with convection vapes is airflow thru the load is what extracts. So you want to at least cover the whole bottom of the bowl, so all the heated air moving thru the bowl touches material. Tight pack is not necessary as it often is in full conduction vapes, and just makes drawing harder.
I don’t load enough material, nor pack it down enough, to get that “puck” of AVB folks talk about, but am getting very satisfying results nonetheless. Using medium grind
I do .05g ground with a Herbripper. Covers all the bottom, and maybe half or so up the bowl. Also never get pucks but it cooks evenly every time.

Top Bottom