AirVape Legacy Pro

StringTheorista

comparing it to other vapes is allowed no? it's very useful info.
on that note i'd like to know more about draw restriction on ALP, how does it compare to v3pro (too restriced) and mighty (decent)?
I don’t find the V3 to be very restricted, myself, but the ALP is freer flowing than the V3, in my experience.

Also, has anyone tried this type of screen over the bowl? I like to lift the screen to check avb color, and am finding doing that with a regular mesh screen to be fiddly. Thought this could be good because I can stick a pick into a hole to get some purchase on the screen.
Just wondering if the holes will let too much stuff through…

Last edited:

bobothevaper

Tried removing the little screen next to the bowl and putting a 15mm screen over the bowl and I instantly got the biggest thick clouds. What a machine. I think I’m in love.

Just waiting for capsules as loading is still a pain and havent asked for a better mp yet as asking for free stuff gives me anxeity :). But man what a nice vape. Well done. Highly recommended.

Pukka

The surprise for me is a feature I never really looked for in a vape--wireless charging. My phone's charging port recently stopped working, so I bought the cheapest wireless charger on Amazon (about $7). Since I have it handy, I set down my ALP on it whenever I'm not using it, so it is constantly topped off. Gotta admit, this has been super convenient and a real unforeseen benefit. (Battery gurus... Please do advise if this is really harmful... If it's not super bad for the battery or device, I'll stay with the convenience)
Agreed, I hope more companies see how useful this is and develope this tech in their lines. As for effects on the battery, wireless charging is easier on your cells than pass-thru charging and slightly harder on them than using a seperate charging brick. My current battery scheme is to replace cells annually, with either manufacturer's cells or high draw/quality replacement cells, demoting older cells to back-up use. My theory is, reguardless of _how_ you charge your cells, they lose punch and capacity (even slightly) over the year.

felvapes

I don’t find the V3 to be very restricted, myself, but the ALP is freer flowing than the V3, in my experience.

Also, has anyone tried this type of screen over the bowl? I like to lift the screen to check avb color, and am finding doing that with a regular mesh screen to be fiddly. Thought this could be good because I can stick a pick into a hole to get some purchase on the screen.
Just wondering if the holes will let too much stuff through…
They would work, but the airflow would not be quite as good
I never open during a sesh, look at that shiz when it's done lol
November is not far, I would get dosing caps instead of those screens if it were me
Tried removing the little screen next to the bowl and putting a 15mm screen over the bowl and I instantly got the biggest thick clouds. What a machine. I think I’m in love.

Just waiting for capsules as loading is still a pain and havent asked for a better mp yet as asking for free stuff gives me anxeity :). But man what a nice vape. Well done. Highly recommended.
Glad the screen removal helped 😊
Beast of a machine when you get it set right

I would email mate and ask for the MP from the OG legacy
It's not free shit, it's a replacement for the part that didn't work
Think of it like a factory recall to fix something on a car for example hahaa

StringTheorista

… havent asked for a better mp yet as asking for free stuff gives me anxeity :). But man what a nice vape. Well done. Highly recommended.
Dude, think of it this way: it’s not “free stuff,” it’s “the correct MP for the unit”. They are gonna put it on all newer units going out, so if you have the looser fitting MP, it’s out of spec, and @Gary-Airvape has said here multiple times that he is happy to send you out the right MP. It makes a big difference, fits way more securely. Hope this helps; if not, just disregard

edit: oops, shoulda read everything before responding. TLDR: yeah, what felvapes said

Last edited:

JustAnotherCritic

You guys just convinced me to pick up a cheap wireless charger. Found a reliable brand on sale for like $10 and it should suit me perfectly. I love the idea of never having to plug it in. Plus, with a replaceable cell it makes me less worried I'm going to stress the battery into an early death.

xJawlz

Sorry if this is not the place but I feel that I am doing something wrong.

The ALP is my first experience with an herbal vaporizer. I have had it for 6 days now but something certainly feels wrong. I have tried the device from 350 degrees up to 425 degrees over multiple various sessions. The first small hit or two seem okay but by the third-ish draw I get a strong plastic-y chemical-y taste. This continues through the rest of the bowl making it not very enjoyable at all. For further info I am only using session mode. "Premium" medical flower.

I want to continue using the device but I need to get rid of that plastic taste to keep from going back to combustion. Please if anyone has any pointers I would love the assist. I am not ready to give up on this device. There are too many positive reviewers here so I am sure I must be doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance

Of all the different testing styles I tried I never had this problem with the ALP
If it is truly a plastic taste you are getting I would contact Apollo by email, they have always been extremely accommodating to me there
I don't get any taste but clean vapour with this vape and I have had robot fart with others - the flavour is less terpy after the first few but I get no bad taste at all
I only use on demand mode now but throughout getting to know the vape I used many settings and session mode temps
I'd try reaching out to them via email
Thank you for advising me to reach out via email to CS.
The comment "Premium" medical flower is funny...probably have visited 25-30 different Dispensary's. The best Premium flower ranks as SWAG compared to what I can grow myself.
I had the1st OG Legacy in FC and now the Pro...NEVER EVER any Plastic taste...and use Session 10 mins 80% of the time !
I wound up sending the ALP back to them. They deemed it faulty and sent me a new replacement. That foul taste is certainly gone now. I am happy with my very first dry herb vape purchase now. Giselle with CS was lovely to work with.

felvapes

Thank you for advising me to reach out via email to CS.

I wound up sending the ALP back to them. They deemed it faulty and sent me a new replacement. That foul taste is certainly gone now. I am happy with my very first dry herb vape purchase now. Giselle with CS was lovely to work with.
Glad you got a new unit and it is working fine
This vape had no plastic or robot fart for me unlike a lot of others
never tasted that plastic taste, so i lucked out.
You didn't luck out, that is how the vape is meant to be
Unfortunately for the poster they were unlucky - but have now been sorted :)

JustAnotherCritic

Has anyone else’s gold bowl become quite stained?

Here's mine after 4 months of daily use (about 2 bowls per day). I had just dumped out a fresh bowl and blew it out, the loose particles there can easily be wiped out, just didn't feel like it. The middle of the bottom has become darker than the rest, but overall it's still in decent shape.

I never scrape the bowl out or brush it, I only ever just dump it into my vaped weed jar and give it a quick blow, on rare occasion a q-tip with iso to deep clean it.

Not sure how stained you would consider this.

felvapes

The bottom is darker than the sides
The sides are clean and shiny
I wipe out with qtips after most bowls if home
Just blow out if not home
Iso qtip to wipe properly clean when I do a full vape clean (which is rare)

EDIT
Just saw this code
4 days to go
50% off the ALP using the code
CHRISSY420

Last edited:

Okla68

Here's mine after 4 months of daily use (about 2 bowls per day). I had just dumped out a fresh bowl and blew it out, the loose particles there can easily be wiped out, just didn't feel like it. The middle of the bottom has become darker than the rest, but overall it's still in decent shape.

I never scrape the bowl out or brush it, I only ever just dump it into my vaped weed jar and give it a quick blow, on rare occasion a q-tip with iso to deep clean it.

Not sure how stained you would consider this.

Your "stained" bowl looks brand new compared to mine. Unfortunately dont know how to post a pic of it.

Okla68,

bobothevaper

EDIT
Just saw this code
4 days to go
CHRISSY420
Must be US store only

bobothevaper,

Finessseee

EDIT
Just saw this code
4 days to go
CHRISSY420
Damn… I’m assuming the Black Friday code won’t top this one right? I mean $130 for the AVLP sounds like a steal..

Puddentain

Code worked for me! I have a Mighty+ but have been looking for an on-demand companion. I have been ogling the TM2 from afar but choking a bit on both the price and the occasional discouraging word that makes it thru the new vape zealotry. When I saw Troy’s 420 Vapezone review, I spent some time looking at this forum and considered the ALP a potential alternative. At 50% off, the ALP is on its way!

felvapes

Code worked for me! I have a Mighty+ but have been looking for an on-demand companion. I have been ogling the TM2 from afar but choking a bit on both the price and the occasional discouraging word that makes it thru the new vape zealotry. When I saw Troy’s 420 Vapezone review, I spent some time looking at this forum and considered the ALP a potential alternative. At 50% off, the ALP is on its way!
This was kind of my path to the ALP
I had a mighty and various other vapes
But the mighty never quite hit hard enough for me, sometimes the v3pro felt better to use
Anyway I like you were eyeing the TM for a while (but didn't like black bits in pics and circuit boards in airpath) and then the TM2 for a good while - the latter I like more as it now has an isolated airpath and improvements in other places
The hard hitting and quick extraction plus taste had my attention
The ALP was new and there were early good reports here some people liking it like the TM so also had my eye

The 60% off ALP code mentioned above came to my attention and I was lucky enough to get one at that time - like you said I couldn't say no and my decision was made for me (the price of the other one also had me waiting for 420 sales that never came)

Now I have the ALP and with slight mods I love it
Sold my mighty finally after years
I still look at the TM2 and wonder how much more it has to offer at times, if only they did 420 or black friday sales
But am not as itchy about it now
The ALP has taste, hard hits, and quick extraction
It's like my mini baller the way I use it and has pretty much retired my other portables atm

OyVape

Actually, what attracts me about this vape is the claimed flavor and coolness of vapor rather than facemelting power.
I’ve had a Mighty for years, but I usually consume alone so it has been way too much for me. The caps help but still my throat gets irritated with flower In the Mighty.

Been dabbing almost exclusively for a few years now, so actually, that power might be needed because of high tolerance. I want to get back to a relaxing vape at the end of the day and enjoying the flower entourage effects.

Dachshunds

I think you’ve forced my hand with the 50% code! I’m new to dry herb vapes and didn’t know VAS could set in this early. Oh well, at least we’re not combusting.

Any further tips and tricks for the ALP besides a 16mm screen on top of the flower for cleanliness? Going to order mine today and I already feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

seedy53

I think you’ve forced my hand with the 50% code! I’m new to dry herb vapes and didn’t know VAS could set in this early. Oh well, at least we’re not combusting.

Any further tips and tricks for the ALP besides a 16mm screen on top of the flower for cleanliness? Going to order mine today and I already feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
15mm screens are perfect, don't think 16mm screens are better? VOTE?

seedy53,
Top Bottom