AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

I haven't tried the Angus yet but theoretically it should be a better dedicated session device and probably has better flavor. In all other categories the air vape Legacy Pro should win and is therefore an all-around better and more portable vape. Angus might be less messy also with the way the heating chamber opens also.
The Angus will be a contender when they are released to world market. But I hope quality doesn't tank (fall-off), like many new models do. I love my ALP.

Danez4twenty

I use it dry
It was nice on a jhook
But I found it is so smooth I just hit it dry
And I use most of my vapes through water
Same. I love the fact that I can just use it and never get any harsh hits!

I still look at the TM2 sometimes
What did you like with the ALP vs TM?
Do they hit the same?

Love my ALP since getting it
It has retired my other portables
I love them both! The TM2 gets hotter as you hit it consecutively but the vape feels fuller maybe is the way I’d describe it. I still haven’t used mine with the wpa either but it definitely gets hot. I will say I finally tried the titanium stem and I don’t like it at all. I wish I had gotten a long glass tube too. But I love my ALP and I use them both sometimes in the same night if battery runs low on one.

felvapes

Same. I love the fact that I can just use it and never get any harsh hits!

I love them both! The TM2 gets hotter as you hit it consecutively but the vape feels fuller maybe is the way I’d describe it. I still haven’t used mine with the wpa either but it definitely gets hot. I will say I finally tried the titanium stem and I don’t like it at all. I wish I had gotten a long glass tube too. But I love my ALP and I use them both sometimes in the same night if battery runs low on one.
Have you tried the ALP on demand at full temp 464
Remove small gold screen, disc on door half way out and a mighty screen on the weed
Decent strength draws and clouds happen with nice hits :)

Do they seem to hit as hard as each other for you or do you find one hits more than the other?
Cheers for your opinion owning both :)

Thumos

Remove small gold screen, disc on door half way out and a mighty screen on the weed

Do they seem to hit as hard as each other for you or do you find one hits more than the other?
Hi. Hijacking a moment as I am currently comparing ALP and TM2 (and Tafee Bowle). I've had my ALP a couple weeks (and my TM2 a few days), so any statements here could change as I gain experience with them.

My first impressions are that the ALP performs as well or better any way I try it. Full temp fast extraction and low temp terp sipping sessions, ground flower or finger-torn nugs. Actually, to this point, the ALP usually beats my TM2 on these head to head tests. But, again, that may be due to having relatively more experience with it.

The one place the TM2 wins is airflow. It is noticably easier to pull on. I have taken out the inside screen on the ALP per this thread, and that helped a lot. But the TM2 just has a less restrictive airflow.

So far, flavor has consistently been better on my ALP. I have had a couple magical hits (super terpy tasty) on the TM2, but they have been a little random and hard to find consistently... Need more practice, lol.

The surprise for me is a feature I never really looked for in a vape--wireless charging. My phone's charging port recently stopped working, so I bought the cheapest wireless charger on Amazon (about $7). Since I have it handy, I set down my ALP on it whenever I'm not using it, so it is constantly topped off. Gotta admit, this has been super convenient and a real unforeseen benefit. (Battery gurus... Please do advise if this is really harmful... If it's not super bad for the battery or device, I'll stay with the convenience).

Anyway, that's my short term experience with both. I'll have to make myself a chart with the relative pros and cons of each in order to decide. Preliminary ones are these:

ALP: consistently good flavor, cooler vapor with stock set up, seemingly better battery life, wireless charging, very good CS--have an OG legacy MP coming my way in response to my email request (great service!), loyalty program, digital display

TM2: more open air flow, faster heat up time, more accessories available (thinking the ALP WPA looks pretty restrictive... Compared to an 18mm WPA on a TM2).

At this point, I can't imagine giving up the ALP for it. But again, I've only had the TM2 a few days, and airflow is a big factor for me. I HATE feeling like I'm sucking hard through a straw...ruins my chill. The feeling of an almost natural breath is what I'm after. TM2 is a little closer. Sadly, their standard of comparison is my vapbong. And that's a totally unfair comparison!

Cheers, y'all. I sure enjoy following the conversations and learning!

Last edited:

felvapes

Hi. Hijacking a moment as I am currently comparing ALP and TM2 (and Tafee Bowle). I've had my ALP a couple weeks (and my TM2 a few days), so any statements here could change as I gain experience with them.

My first impressions are that the ALP performs as well or better any way I try it. Full temp fast extraction and low temp terp sipping sessions, ground flower or finger-torn nugs. Actually, to this point, the ALP usually beats my TM2 on these head to head tests. But, again, that may be due to having relatively more experience with it.

The one place the TM2 wins is airflow. It is noticably easier to pull on. I have taken out the inside screen on the ALP per this thread, and that helped a lot. But the TM2 just has a less restrictive airflow.

So far, flavor has consistently been better on my ALP. I have had a couple magical hits (super terpy tasty) on the TM2, but they have been a little random and hard to find consistently... Need more practice, lol.

The surprise for me is a feature I never really looked for in a vape--wireless charging. My phone's charging port recently stopped working, so I bought the cheapest wireless charger on Amazon (about $7). Since I have it handy, I set down my ALP on it whenever I'm not using it, so it is constantly topped off. Gotta admit, this has been super convenient and a real unforeseen benefit. (Battery gurus... Please do advise if this is really harmful... If it's not super bad for the battery or device, I'll stay with the convenience).

Anyway, that's my short term experience with both. I'll have to make myself a chart with the relative pros and cons of each in order to decide. Preliminary ones are these:

ALP: consistently good flavor, cooler vapor with stock set up, seemingly better battery life, wireless charging, very good CS--have an OG legacy MP coming my way in response to my email request (great service!), loyalty program, digital display

TM2: more open air flow, faster heat up time, more accessories available (thinking the ALP WPA looks pretty restrictive... Compared to an 18mm WPA on a TM2).

At this point, I can't imagine giving up the ALP for it. But again, I've only had the TM2 a few days, and airflow is a big factor for me. I HATE feeling like I'm sucking hard through a straw...ruins my chill. The feeling of an almost natural breath is what I'm after. TM2 is a little closer. Sadly, their standard of comparison is my vapbong. And that's a totally unfair comparison!

Cheers, y'all. I sure enjoy following the conversations and learning!
Nice breakdown
Please let me know even via inbox how you go after sitting with the TM2 a bit longer
The things you have stated make me wonder if I should bother to try it or not

I'm interested in how hard they hit compared to each other too

I absolutely love the ALP and the CS and loyalty rewards
The trio is really top notch together

I also recently got a portable power bank wireless charger
Love it also and never knew I needed it it prior

Last edited:

Thumos

Nice breakdown
Please let me know even via inbox how you go after sitting with the TM2 a bit longer
The things you have stated make me wonder if I should bother to try it or not

I will definitely report back with my own final judgment. I really am seeing that we have some amazingly high quality vapes today, and it really is true that it comes down to personal preference.
I'm interested in how hard they hit compared to each other too
Bear in mind I have only tried the stock MP/stems on these, but I'll tell you this. Either one can roast flower and can rip my face off at high temp. I was a swimmer growing up, and my lung capacity is pretty big. If I want mammoth clouds with either one of these, grind some flower, turn up the volume and hang on! That's been my experience.

felvapes

I will definitely report back with my own final judgment. I really am seeing that we have some amazingly high quality vapes today, and it really is true that it comes down to personal preference.

Bear in mind I have only tried the stock MP/stems on these, but I'll tell you this. Either one can roast flower and can rip my face off at high temp. I was a swimmer growing up, and my lung capacity is pretty big. If I want mammoth clouds with either one of these, grind some flower, turn up the volume and hang on! That's been my experience.
Yea I call my ALP my mini baller/modded plenty vape
Hits hard af for a portable on full temp on demand mode

felvapes,
Reactions: Thumos

felvapes

What screen are y'all removing from the ALP? Mine comes in today
I remove the small oval gold screen right next to the bowl
Unscrew the disc on door half way
Put a mighty screen (or any 16mm) on top of the weed in bowl

Keeps everything much cleaner and easier to use
Better airflow and vapour production and no more worries with that little screen getting clogged quickly etc

When dosing caps are released next month I will remove the disc on the door also

I like it at full temp 464 in on demand mode
Decent strength draws

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I'd love to hear your thoughts on it compared to the others in your list as well!
Honestly, it tastes GREAT. But I cannot get a thick hit out of it to save my life. I filled the bowl up and it's vaped but it took like 12 tiny hits to get there. I tried slow long hit and fast long hit and ton of stuff in between. What am I missing here?

Edit: battery was NOT charged all the way. That fixed it. I feel silly

Last edited:

Thumos

If I grind rather than just pull a nug apart and then go either on-demand or sesh at max temp, I get crazy clouds and one hit extraction. Needs a full bowl and a moderate tamp. Definitely remove that little screen next to the bowl. I pull pretty hard and it busts my lungs. Sometimes it takes two draws for me, but mine will scorch the herb at max temp if I'm not careful. I'd try: finer grind and fuller bowl. My two cents.

Thumos,

Finessseee

Honestly, it tastes GREAT. But I cannot get a thick hit out of it to save my life. I filled the bowl up and it's vaped but it took like 12 tiny hits to get there. I tried slow long hit and fast long hit and ton of stuff in between. What am I missing here?
I don’t own the device yet, but maybe let it heat soak, pack looser / tighter, remove the top screen, try different herb, hold down the on demand. Personally finer grind with a firmer pack always works better for me with vaping even though most people prefer coarse / medium with a looser pack.

Finessseee,

average_joe

Edit: battery was NOT charged all the way. That fixed it. I feel silly
Hello mate, I can see you own the P80 and the ALP and would really appreciate your opinion about the ALP, do you like it more? The same? Are some things better? I noticed that you got it recently so take your time but please come back to let us know. I am sorry if this was asked already but couldnt find an answer using the magnifying glass and the thread is too long already. Lamart vapes and sticky bricks put an end to my vas but all the amazing reviews about the ALP and the really cheap price are making me think about getting one :o. Thanks for your time.

average_joe,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hello mate, I can see you own the P80 and the ALP and would really appreciate your opinion about the ALP, do you like it more? The same? Are some things better? I noticed that you got it recently so take your time but please come back to let us know. I am sorry if this was asked already but couldnt find an answer using the magnifying glass and the thread is too long already. Lamart vapes and sticky bricks put an end to my vas but all the amazing reviews about the ALP and the really cheap price are making me think about getting one :o. Thanks for your time.
I think, now that I figured out my issue, it's pretty great, especially for the price. It's no tinymight but it's a much more even extraction and it's far less fiddly than the p80 and tinymight. The flavor is INSANE and the hits are satisfying even though they aren't AS thick as other options. To me, it's a session vape with on demand function. Great for a joint like experience or for microdosing throughout a day but definitely not a one and done bowl. It's really for my girlfriend and she's struggling to get good hits out of it because it takes her whole lung capacity to get one but she'll get there

felvapes

I think, now that I figured out my issue, it's pretty great, especially for the price. It's no tinymight but it's a much more even extraction and it's far less fiddly than the p80 and tinymight. The flavor is INSANE and the hits are satisfying even though they aren't AS thick as other options. To me, it's a session vape with on demand function. Great for a joint like experience or for microdosing throughout a day but definitely not a one and done bowl. It's really for my girlfriend and she's struggling to get good hits out of it because it takes her whole lung capacity to get one but she'll get there
Try the settings I described
Remove small gold screen
Disc on door half way unscrewed
Mighty screen on bowl of weed

Full temp 464 on demand mode
Decent strength draws

The clouds and hits will come easily
This is how to get results
Otherwise you will get the slightly underwhelming feeling you have
I did at first too

Try the above settings and see how you go mate

Danez4twenty

Overall I think the tinymight2 hits a little harder. For me, if I never experienced the TM2 and just ordered the ALP, I wouldn’t think a thing about it. What I think would be amazing is for a new vaper to find the ALP and buy it as their first vape, avoiding all of the mess in between.

felvapes

Overall I think the tinymight2 hits a little harder. For me, if I never experienced the TM2 and just ordered the ALP, I wouldn’t think a thing about it. What I think would be amazing is for a new vaper to find the ALP and buy it as their first vape, avoiding all of the mess in between.
Do you get the black bits I see in avb shots on the TM2?

There's definitely options now that people can buy decent vapes and miss the shit in the middle

felvapes,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
We probably should keep it ALP
But I've seen pics....
Me and the gf have been doing our bowls at 430. It's a good 5 min sessions for us. At like 450 I get hotspotting. We're also finding temp has more to do with speed of extraction than extraction level, to an extent.

Zuhdj,

felvapes

Me and the gf have been doing our bowls at 430. It's a good 5 min sessions for us. At like 450 I get hotspotting. We're also finding temp has more to do with speed of extraction than extraction level, to an extent.
Session mode is not as good as on demand
420/430 in session mode is best - above this the avb gets too dark
Session mode is not where this one shines though, I've not seen hot spotting at all - the icing layer top of the puck is lighter than the rest - the entire puck is uniform under that
Over 430 it gets too roasted though in session mode and not where I like my avb

But on demand all day is the way
Full temp 464 decent strength draws
Taste, cloud, hit is all improved - full extraction with even avb
And the screen removal and mighty screen on bowl, disc half way out (it gets clogged otherwise)
You can take large or short draws and get vapour, stretch for a longer sesh or finish in a couple huge draws

I sold my mighty after getting this and I've owned a couple over the years - they never hit as hard as people say though

I have no list of vapes i own written down, I have over 30 vapes though and gift on many
The ALP beats my other portables when used as described
comparing it to other vapes is allowed no? it's very useful info.
on that note i'd like to know more about draw restriction on ALP, how does it compare to v3pro (too restriced) and mighty (decent)?
Mighty got sold after buying this
No comparison imo

V3pro is not restricted? It needs the bottom two holes blocked to get better vapour production and draws with running out of breath
It's less restriction than a mighty or at least the same

If you remove the gold screen like I've said and unscrew the door disc half way it has good airflow
When caps are available that disc on the door is gone for even better airflow

Top Bottom