• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

Lennyyyyy

Hi,
There will be no new PRO for this year, and Capsule will be accessories as not everyone needs it. We are in the final stage of mass production, it will be available soon. And yes, it will come with a case/loading platform. ;)
Thanks for the update

Capsules will make cleaning easier and same thing for stirring the bowl

But this thing could make the quality of the vaporisation worse?

Lennyyyyy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Pukka

Hi,
There will be no new PRO for this year, and Capsule will be accessories as not everyone needs it. We are in the final stage of mass production, it will be available soon. And yes, it will come with a case/loading platform. ;)
Oh man, I usually eschew capsules, but you have me quite interested.

IMNSHO they add some additional conduction due to the additional mass from the construction material. How much is waaayyyy above my pay grade. It sounds like it's going to be an interesting addition to a way cool extracter.

Last edited:
Pukka,

greenpager

Thanks for the update

Capsules will make cleaning easier and same thing for stirring the bowl

Not for one second do I mean to suggest to anyone that I am an expert. That said, I have been very happy using capsules in other devices. Using capsules in the hybrid device, I got best results once I removed the screen separating the mouthpiece/airpath from the top of the oven. The mesh/screen lid of the capsule effectively served the same function; the "double screen" effect was real but easily fixed (by removing screen in device).

Devil is in the details but, as a relatively light user, I personally would willingly trade a smidge of vaporization quality for the added convenience and tidiness. Reasonable minds can differ on this, ofc.

Using all my will power 😒 to hold off picking up a second, um, Other Device (such pretty colors ... and capsules)! Just a little while longer - right, @Gary-Airvape? - and I'll be on track to start nudging the Other Device aside ... so what am I doing even looking, ofc I shouldn't get one, I should be patient, I'll be fine, this'll aaalllllll be fine, everything's gonna be allllllllll right. 😮‍💨 (starts to hyperventilate, then stops).

Can I be done working now?

seedy53

Can you charge AirVape Legacy Pro with any wireless power bank for cellphones? Or must it be a powerbank that airvape makes? How can we know if it is safe if any generic power bank will work?

seedy53,

jbm

Can you charge AirVape Legacy Pro with any wireless power bank for cellphones? Or must it be a powerbank that airvape makes? How can we know if it is safe if any generic power bank will work?
I have a non-AirVape charging pad that works fine with the Legacy Pro (it also worked with the OG Legacy.) I think any wireless charging pad would work.

seedy53

thanks jbm, Nice to know. is it a bluetooth thing or do you just set alp on top of powerbank? I'm shocked owners of the ALP aren't taking advantage of this really cool feature tech? i think this is the only company doing this tech? i'm i wrong

MagnumMafia05

thanks jbm, Nice to know. is it a bluetooth thing or do you just set alp on top of powerbank? I'm shocked owners of the ALP aren't taking advantage of this really cool feature tech? i think this is the only company doing this tech? i'm i wrong
Well for one we have to buy another charger and when I have like 8 batteries and a nice external dual battery charger there isn't a need to pay more for something I don't really need or will use. Also have usb c chargers everywhere if needed. I could have went without that tech and paid less for the ALP.

MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I could have went without that tech and paid less for the ALP.
You do not know what you are missing until you have tried it, a USB powered wireless charging placemat costs under $5, my wireless charger is hooked up to solar so free charging and the device sitting on it is always ready with 100% battery (I value convenience over a cheap easily replaceable battery).

Pukka

You do not know what you are missing until you have tried it, a USB powered wireless charging placemat costs under $5, my wireless charger is hooked up to solar so free charging and the device sitting on it is always ready with 100% battery (I value convenience over a cheap easily replaceable battery).
This ^ 150%. And this is coming from an old-school nic vaper with more charging junk than I know what to do with. A new cell is fairly inexpensive, even if using wireless charging reduces cell life 50% (way over-estimating here) that's like 1 usd per month. You should, imho, replace cells annually anyway so realistically most won't notice any difference in performance using wireless charging.

I'm using a company matched 50 watt power block to charging pad via usb-c. Costs more than LesPlenty's (~25 usd) and has to be plugged in the wall but charges as fast as using a stand alone charger on devices that allow it. Add two Airvape power banks w/wireless (I have a SE Legacy, king of concentrate) and I'm more than set for out and about.

jbm

Can the software in the Legacy Pro be updated, like a new Bios in a PC?
I would like the option of going to 500F like the older Legacy model do. Why was the Pro model locked in a 464 F on Wax mode?
I can’t say definitively, but I strongly suspect the answer is no. I don’t know of any vapes that have user upgradeable firmware, except box mods.

seedy53

I can’t say definitively, but I strongly suspect the answer is no. I don’t know of any vapes that have user upgradeable firmware, except box mods.
Ok no user bios software upgrade but what about factory upgrade?
Upgrade-able software should be possible unless there is an IO chip made as a heat limiter purpose. I'm thinking why would they have it hardwired that way because the old legacy software is almost identical to the Pro. I doubt they would limit their programming abilities this way. It would be costly. I would love to see their wiring diagram. their maybe a key button combination that would allow the heat setting in wax mode to be increased to 500F.

Last edited:

jbm

Ok no user bios software upgrade but what about factory upgrade?
The dotLeaf1.0 could be sent back in for a firmware upgrade.

As for your other point, why you think a company that can’t get a microdosing disc/basket right is going to offer user upgradeable firmware is anybody’s guess.

seedy53

The dotLeaf1.0 could be sent back in for a firmware upgrade.

As for your other point, why you think a company that can’t get a microdosing disc/basket right is going to offer user upgradeable firmware is anybody’s guess.
don't see why not, wish a company rep would ask their engineer about software method to bypass the wax mode heat limit.
464f is ok but need more heat for diverse concentrate consumption. it would be more better lol

seedy53,

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Hi,

I did try the dosing capsule, and it is awesome! More even heat distribution and less chance to combust!

For the wax temperature, I hear you guys! I will address this with the engineering team! The problem is that people will use high temp with dry herb, which will combust, giving a bad user experience... Anyway, I will discuss it with the team.

As the wireless charger, All mobile charger will work perfectly:)

Lennyyyyy

Hi,

I did try the dosing capsule, and it is awesome! More even heat distribution and less chance to combust!

For the wax temperature, I hear you guys! I will address this with the engineering team! The problem is that people will use high temp with dry herb, which will combust, giving a bad user experience... Anyway, I will discuss it with the team.

Thanks for Your professionalism and kindness

I’ll buy dosing capsules as soon as they are available

jbm

don't see why not, wish a company rep would ask their engineer about software method to bypass the wax mode heat limit.
464f is ok but need more heat for diverse concentrate consumption. it would be more better lol
I agreee with you that it’s possible. That’s not the question. The question is whether vape companies want to open themselves up for the kind of support hassles that enabling firmware upgrades by the user would bring.

jbm,

seedy53

Hi,

There will be people that will abuse everything they can. But if Airvape wants the Pro to be a great concentrate vaporizer the heat needs to be at least 474F min. for certain concentrates. WAX mode notification/warning should be enough to protect Airvape from responsibility. As far as a bad experience for flower users that use wax mode for flower that's on them. I use flower more than concentrates but i know others who bad mouth the low wax mode temp too. ALP is promoted as a ALL in One portable and that's the hiccup in wax mode that make others buy a devoted wax pen products. Anyway i hope something positive can be done about wax mode max heat settings. maybe a step-up 10 degree at a time in wax mode or 2 setting 464F and 500F with a 1 minute limit

Last edited:

felvapes

Hi,

Can't wait for the dosing caps
Look forward to them very much
I haven't found the need for extra heat with rosin or feco
Feco usually needs more heat for me but the concentrate pad handles it okay in the ALP - session mode full temp for trates I use
I prefer other rigs for my trates usually though and love this as is so far for dry herb
Full temp on demand is where it's at for me with a decent strength draw - I find it works more like a mini baller vape like this and produces nice thick tasty clouds rather than the slow long draws of old
Better flavour/vapour quality for me like this with fresh airflow rather than letting it cook in the oven so much with the slow draws

seedy53

Can't wait for the dosing caps
Look forward to them very much
I haven't found the need for extra heat with rosin or feco
Feco usually needs more heat for me but the concentrate pad handles it okay in the ALP - session mode full temp for trates I use
I prefer other rigs for my trates usually though and love this as is so far for dry herb
Full temp on demand is where it's at for me with a decent strength draw - I find it works more like a mini baller vape like this and produces nice thick tasty clouds rather than the slow long draws of old
Better flavour/vapour quality for me like this with fresh airflow rather than letting it cook in the oven so much with the slow draws
agreed, but having more heat ability settings would improve the wax mode.
Higher heat would not necessarily cook the weed in a bad way.
Example would be the use of ball vap units.
they allow a sweet terpy one hit at 650F or 550F.
I want the extra heat for 1 or 2 big hits without the slow draw, like flower.

Top Bottom