AirVape Legacy Pro

bigheaded1

Another thumbs up for the guitar pick idea, I'm about to go super generic and predictable and order Bob Marley ones. They'll go with the Marley jersey I ordered the other day.

I can't wait for my Legacy Pro to get here, I ordered last Monday and no word on if it's even shipped yet. I should go listen to some Bob and channel him and practice patience.

sickmanfraud

Another thumbs up for the guitar pick idea, I'm about to go super generic and predictable and order Bob Marley ones. They'll go with the Marley jersey I ordered the other day.

I can't wait for my Legacy Pro to get here, I ordered last Monday and no word on if it's even shipped yet. I should go listen to some Bob and channel him and practice patience.

In my experience, AirvapeUSA will provide you with an email when shipped and another when out for delivery and, I believe another notice when delivered (left in the mailbox).

@Gary-Airvape mentioned previously that there were changes in the shipping department that were causing a backlog in fulfilling orders.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Okla68

bigheaded1

In my experience, AirvapeUSA will provide you with an email when shipped and another when out for delivery and, I believe another notice when delivered (left in the mailbox).

@Gary-Airvape mentioned previously that there were changes in the shipping department that were causing a backlog in fulfilling orders.

Yes, I read about them moving into a much better distribution center, but they're having some initial kinks to work out. And naturally, I ordered from them when the transition was still being smoothed out lol. I can't be too mad, 2 weeks ago I didn't even know the Airvape existed. it'll get here when it gets here. The other 3 things I ordered are coming from Jamacia, Canada & China. So I probably shouldn't expect to get any of the shit besides the Airvape anytime soon ha.

bigheaded1,

Velvet thunder

I have had extremely good success using the MiniVAP baskets/screens in the Legacy Pro to keep it clean/improve performance.

Using it without the screens, I see why everyone here mentions mess - it gets grimy! Aside from that, the unit has been stellar and now is my go-to portable unit when out of the house.
Thanks for sharing this! Did you use the medium or the small baskets? And did you use the screen on top of the basket with the basket inside the heating chamber? Trying to figure out the best way to keep this thing clean and trying to decide between getting the MiniVap supplies or some generic 15mm screens.

Velvet thunder,

bigheaded1

This thing is awesome, got it today and just tried it out. Crazy how it was even smoother than in the bubbler pipe I normally use. The flavor was cleaner, more enjoyable and I noticed notes I hadn't before. And the default session time seemed about perfect. The high hasn't even set in yet, but I dig how easy it is to use and how weighty it feels in my hand.

Definitely going to have to adjust to learn how to inhale, the 1st few tries I got nothing. The hits that worked, if I toked like that on my water bubbler I would have damn near killed myself lol

I can feel the high settling in, I smoked Apple Fritter and maybe overdid it lol. I didn't weigh anything out I just ground up a small bud and took like 7 hits in the 3 minute session.

Might have been too much to start with, but damn I feel good. And I don't even know if I have the good mouthpiece everyone's saying to use. This is a badass machine, and I still can't get over how it the flavor was even better than in the bubbler, where I already thought this bud was pretty damn tasty. I set it to 380f and it just worked.

Kudos to Airvape this is my new favorite toy!

Last edited:

Lennyyyyy

This thing is awesome, got it today and just tried it out. Crazy how it was even smoother than in the bubbler pipe I normally use. The flavor was cleaner, more enjoyable and I noticed notes I hadn't before. And the default session time seemed about perfect. The high hasn't even set in yet, but I dig how easy it is to use and how weighty it feels in my hand.

Definitely going to have to adjust to learn how to inhale, the 1st few tries I got nothing. The hits that worked, if I toked like that on my water bubbler I would have damn near killed myself lol

I can feel the high settling in, I smoked Apple Fritter and maybe overdid it lol. I didn't weigh anything out I just ground up a small bud and took like 7 hits in the 3 minute session.

Might have been too much to start with, but damn I feel good. And I don't even know if I have the good mouthpiece everyone's saying to use. This is a badass machine, and I still can't get over how it the flavor was even better than in the bubbler, where I already thought this bud was pretty damn tasty. I set it to 380f and it just worked.

Kudos to Airvape this is my new favorite toy!
Great review
Thanks @bigheaded1

I’m not inexperienced and I tried a lot of portable device.
This legacy pro is a beast.

I was worried about cleaning, in particular because I like to clean the device after every session.
But after a little practice ( really just a little) now it’s easy and pleasant and after a session I don’t find a mess inside

I’m so curious to try the dosing capsules
I hope they won’t make the experience worse in particular with regard to quality and quantity of the vapor that with standard configuration is really surprising

Last edited:

JustAnotherCritic

I’m so curious to try the dosing capsules
I hope they won’t make the experience worse in particular with regard to quality and quantity of the vapor that with standard configuration is really surprising

The dosing capsules sound pretty interesting, and I also hope AirVape gets it right.

A good dosing capsule could make cleaning significantly easier since you'd only need to clean resin, not caked on bud particles which can be stubborn to clean, especially in the smaller areas like the corner below the micro screen.

The Legacy Pro has become my all time favorite, and I've reviewed quite a few vapes by this point. A well built dosing capsule might be the thing that puts it over the edge as the best vape out there.

I did order a tiny funnel off of Aliexpress meant for loading glass vials that I'm hoping makes loading much cleaner. But a dosing capsule would be even better.

Ariwe

The dosing capsules sound pretty interesting, and I also hope AirVape gets it right.

A good dosing capsule could make cleaning significantly easier since you'd only need to clean resin, not caked on bud particles which can be stubborn to clean, especially in the smaller areas like the corner below the micro screen.

The Legacy Pro has become my all time favorite, and I've reviewed quite a few vapes by this point. A well built dosing capsule might be the thing that puts it over the edge as the best vape out there.

I did order a tiny funnel off of Aliexpress meant for loading glass vials that I'm hoping makes loading much cleaner. But a dosing capsule would be even better.
Any chance for a link to the funnel?

Ariwe,

JustAnotherCritic

Any chance for a link to the funnel?

Just checked the order, it was wish, not aliexpress, and it comes with a 'fancy' spoon meant for something else which will be perfect for loading the funnel.

You could also look for a "Flask funnel" for something similar

Hopefully posting this isn't against any rules.

bigheaded1

I hope the dosing caps have some sort of loading system. I saw the one from Storz & Bickel and it was way way way more than I'd ever need. fills 40 pods? Needs 6g of herb to function properly? And all 40 will be the same kind of herb? I know for some that would be fine and wouldn't even last that long. But I don't want 40 pods all with the same flower. and it would last me a long time lol. I understand it'll cost money here, but I'm fine to pay the price for something that can autoload. Even if it was just a plunger thing like Storz & Bickel sells I'd be happy.

Last edited:

johnnyCanuck

It's difficult to open due to some of the resin that is caught between the 2 plates. you can do one of two things if you don't want to use a guitar pic: If the lid starts to stick a little bit, do a quick wipe down of the surfaces of both surfaces of lids next time you unload your spent herb. if it's a bit stuck already, do a couple of quick hits (empty or not) to warm up the unit therefore warming up the resin causing the lid to be stuck... this will allow the lid to open up super easy.
After a lot of practice I can say this device is really fantastic.
Thanks to all the tips you gave to me.
Great taste and clouds , easy to use , easy to clean.
The best vape I have tried

However I’d like to have an advice
Opening the main door sometimes is hard and my nail is broken 😅 so I use a little metallic tool ( for pack pax 3 lid ) that helps me to open the device
Do You thing I could damage the legacy pro or can I continue using this type of tool even scratching a little the opening space ?

Thanks a lot one more time

Lennyyyyy

I hope the dosing caps have some sort of loading system. I saw the one from Storz & Bickel and it was way way way more than I'd ever need. fills 40 pods? Needs 6g of herb to function properly? And all 40 will be the same kind of herb? I know for some that would be fine and wouldn't even last that long. But I don't want 40 pods all with the same flower. and it would last me a long time lol. I understand it'll cost money here, but I'm fine to pay the price for something that can autoload. Even if it was just a plunger thing like Storz & Bickel sells I'd be happy.

I think exactly the same

It's difficult to open due to some of the resin that is caught between the 2 plates. you can do one of two things if you don't want to use a guitar pic: If the lid starts to stick a little bit, do a quick wipe down of the surfaces of both surfaces of lids next time you unload your spent herb. if it's a bit stuck already, do a couple of quick hits (empty or not) to warm up the unit therefore warming up the resin causing the lid to be stuck... this will allow the lid to open up super easy.
Thanks for your tip
Guitar pick works perfectly but I’ll try even as you say

Lennyyyyy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Pukka

I use an old Pax loading scoop (similar to that gold scoop) to neatly fill all kind of bowls on all sorts of devices. Works a dream and no messes. The non-scoop end is a small circular packing tool the same width as the Pax bowl (like the scoop).

Reguarding capsule loading tools, look at Delta3d's selection and Davinci's grind and load tool. Both tools work with a smaller number of capsules (like <8). The S&B capsule tool is really designed more for the "german" medical user who wants the effects from a certain amount of a specific strain. Airvape has created several grinders (look on their accessories page), maybe they have something like the Davinci tool up their sleeve.

newola

I finally got around to trying the 15mm pipe screen on top of the herb. It fits exactly and literally no mess. Works perfectly 👍👍👍

(Don't forget to remove the dosing disk from the door.)

newola,

JustAnotherCritic

I finally got around to trying the 15mm pipe screen on top of the herb. It fits exactly and literally no mess. Works perfectly 👍👍👍

(Don't forget to remove the dosing disk from the door.)

Yeah, I've tried using it with the microdosing disk just to avoid losing it but it just gets resiny and the screen sticks to it. The 15mm screens works better with the microdosing disk removed.

MagnumMafia05

Any update on the capsules? Checked their site and the accessories page when I scroll keeps refreshing on its own and can't look at all the accessories.

MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: SkyBucket
Top Bottom