AirVape Legacy Pro

greenpager

*checks calendar again and sighs while one foot taps gently and unconsciously but incessantly* Is it September yet? 😁

A few more trial runs - at home and away - have confirmed my initial impressions. Really great device, but I'm back with the V3 Pro until I can better manage microdosing and fallout. Truly excited about the release of the dosing capsules!

P.S. Ofc I know not to expect availability on Sept 1. If - IF - something happens to shift timeline to, like October 15, notice of delay will enable me to calmly recalibrate my expectations and stay happy in the meantime. IJS.

P.P.S. SO excited LOL

slick

What did yall pay for yours? I saw the alp for about $150 (ish?) a while back. Unemployment was looming so I decided I didn't need it, but frankly I regret my decision.

slick,

Lennyyyyy

I’ve just ordered this device
I would like to know how fine is better to grind my herb and if I have to pack tight ( like pax 3 for example ) or not

Cleaning the unit is really difficult ?
Some tips for me ?

Thanks everybody

Lennyyyyy,

jbm

I dearly wish AirVape would get the bowl on the device right the first time one of these iterations. The same thing happened with the original Legacy and the “microdosing basket.” The microdosing disk has proved equally as useless and filling and emptying are still a big mess. The forthcoming capsules may solve the problem but now we have to spend additional money to get the device to work as it should have in the first place.

Pukka

I would like to know how fine is better to grind my herb and if I have to pack tight ( like pax 3 for example ) or not

Some tips for me ?

Thanks everybody
I've been using a medium-ish grind from a santa cruz shredder and a Stach Grynder. Both work well with a light pack (more like a couple of taps to level) and I'm able to open the device top side down and have a lil' abv cake left on the disc. Cleaning's easy, get a pack of GUM Proxabrushs to clean out the hard-to-reach corners and you're golden.

OTT, remember this is a convection vape, not conduction like a PAX. Long slowish drags until things get going then have at it. Start at a lower temp than usual (for you), especially in session mode. Have fun and get lit!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I have had extremely good success using the MiniVAP baskets/screens in the Legacy Pro to keep it clean/improve performance.

Using it without the screens, I see why everyone here mentions mess - it gets grimy! Aside from that, the unit has been stellar and now is my go-to portable unit when out of the house.

Flow

Some tips for me ?

Thanks everybody
Hi @Lennyyyyy
Whole nug, easiest, cleaniest... dump your AVB when finished and still a bit warm and you're done !
Just some iso soaking from time to time, depending on how fast reclaim build up with your use of the device...

I tried the 15mm screen and with medium grinded herb, loose pack, it's perfect and clean as with whole nugs...
My screens were too wide, so i used 2 socket from a socket wrench, nearly same diameter, and a clamp to hold these 2 with the mesh screen in the middle.
I then use a good pair of cisors to cut nicely to the diameter i want... worked perfectly !

bigheaded1

What did yall pay for yours? I saw the alp for about $150 (ish?) a while back. Unemployment was looming so I decided I didn't need it, but frankly I regret my decision.

$155, but I'm not sure I was supposed to see the deal.

I just order one and I have a question to anyone here who might know. I'm going to shoot Airvape CS an email too but I thought I'd ask here. I saw a few pages back people were getting access to other peoples coupon codes from the Capital One plugin that searches for coupon codes. I don't have that or any coupon code plugin installed.

I did Google and found a 21% off code, but when I was looking at the product page I noticed there was a link that said something to the effect of a special offer on the legacy pro for $169. I know if you own a regular or SE (I don't) they give you a code for 50% off a pro. But $169 isn't 50% so I'm not even sure what I found. I'm wondering if that link was supposed to be there. It wasn't a coupon code inserted by accident either because I had the 21% code during check out and it worked. I'm not sure what happened, but the deal I got seems to be beyond too good. I mean the link was on their site and my order did go thru, but I can't help but think I shouldn't get my hopes up here that it actually ships out lol. But if it does, MAN OH MAN I feel like I hit the lottery, I know people in this thread were commenting on some of the crazy discounts Airvape offers, so maybe I will get it *rubs hands together*

Did anyone else who ordered one get the $169 special offer link?

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I got mine for $140 USD shipped to Canada via the 50% upgrade program. Excellent deal and stellar unit, amazing of Airvape to offer so many deep discounts can't remember the last time I've seen a company do that this much

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: Okla68

Lennyyyyy

thanks everyone for help

removing and replacing the screen near the oven is difficult ?
In the Videos I’ve seen seems to be easy but uses different techniques ( first insert the gasket ;first insert the screen and after the gasket )

What technique did you use ?

Lennyyyyy,

newola

thanks everyone for help

In the Videos I’ve seen seems to be easy but uses different techniques ( first insert the gasket ;first insert the screen and after the gasket )

Agreed, worst part of cleaning it. Otherwise good.

newola,

JustAnotherCritic

thanks everyone for help

Cleaning for me has been kept to a minimum by using the 15mm screens I mentioned earlier on top of the bowl, and by using a folded post it note to scoop the bud into the bowl. The folded note lets me get the weed in the bowl without it getting all over the mini screen.

Cleaning the mini screen is a bit of a hassle, using a brush helps with getting into the small holes to get the resin blocking them. The rubber part of it is a little too floppy but I find it easier to put the gasket around the screen, holding it in place with my thumb and forefinger. Then just shove it in place. The metal screen can be adjusted if it's a bit out of place once it's in position.

Putting the gasket in first doesn't work well for me, the gasket fits too loose without the screen, making it bunch up when trying to insert the screen.

Overall, the cleaning is significantly easier and needed less frequently after I started using the screens. The screen on top works so well I think that the vape should come with its own.

Lennyyyyy

Cleaning for me has been kept to a minimum by using the 15mm screens I mentioned earlier on top of the bowl, and by using a folded post it note to scoop the bud into the bowl. The folded note lets me get the weed in the bowl without it getting all over the mini screen.

Cleaning the mini screen is a bit of a hassle, using a brush helps with getting into the small holes to get the resin blocking them. The rubber part of it is a little too floppy but I find it easier to put the gasket around the screen, holding it in place with my thumb and forefinger. Then just shove it in place. The metal screen can be adjusted if it's a bit out of place once it's in position.

Putting the gasket in first doesn't work well for me, the gasket fits too loose without the screen, making it bunch up when trying to insert the screen.

Overall, the cleaning is significantly easier and needed less frequently after I started using the screens. The screen on top works so well I think that the vape should come with its own.
Thank You for your kindness and your perfect explanation

goldenbrown

@Gary-Airvape How powerful is the heater in watts? I want to know because I'm trying to make some kind of comparison between vaporizers, only taking in account objective technical values.

Thanks!

goldenbrown,

Pukka

@Gary-Airvape How powerful is the heater in watts? I want to know because I'm trying to make some kind of comparison between vaporizers, only taking in account objective technical values.

Thanks!
I'm not so sure your comparison is going to yield in any valid results. You're ignoring airflow in the equation. Without airflow (which is pretty non-objective) heater wattage isn't very useful, unless it's really out of average spec (ie average = 25w, test = 200w), without airflow in the equation to transfer heat to the load.

Lennyyyyy

After a lot of practice I can say this device is really fantastic.
Thanks to all the tips you gave to me.
Great taste and clouds , easy to use , easy to clean.
The best vape I have tried

However I’d like to have an advice
Opening the main door sometimes is hard and my nail is broken 😅 so I use a little metallic tool ( for pack pax 3 lid ) that helps me to open the device
Do You thing I could damage the legacy pro or can I continue using this type of tool even scratching a little the opening space ?

Thanks a lot one more time

Last edited:
Lennyyyyy,

JustAnotherCritic

After a lot of practice I can say this device is really fantastic.
Thanks to all the tips you gave to me.
Great taste and clouds , easy to use , easy to clean.
The best vape I have tried

However I’d like to have an advice
Opening the main door sometimes is hard and my nail is broken 😅 so I use a little metallic tool ( for pack pax 3 lid ) that helps me to open the device
Do You thing I could damage the legacy pro or can I continue using this type of tool even scratching a little the opening space ?

Thanks a lot one more time

It could eventually scratch it and rough it up some. Try something like a popsicle stick, or something plastic if you want to avoid scratches.

Pukka

Try using a guitar pick like most grinders include to scrape up tricomes. No scratches 🙃

Top Bottom