• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

GymWolf

I can't find any info about the on demand mode to save my life...

How does it work? The device stay on for a period of time and if you don't hit the fire button to engage the heather it turn off after a while? How much time before it turns off? 1 min? 3 min?

And when you turn it on again, does it start on the last mode you were using or i always need to switch from session to on demand?

Last edited:

Dargin B

I can't find any info about the on demand mode to save my life...

How does it work? The device stay on for a period of time and if you don't hit the fire button to engage the heather it turn off after a while? How much time before it turns off? 1 min? 3 min?

And when you turn it on again, does it start on the last mode you were using or i always need to switch from session to on demand?
Mine came from the factory set to session and 3 min. I turn the unit on and it goes right to me last temp. 15 seconds and you can rip, however I usually wait a little longer. you can set session for shorter or longer I believe. Bong rips are easier with session for me. On demand could fun fun for dry hits. I havent been able to achieve the lung expansion I get with the Tiny with Ed’s stem or the P80. It’s in the family and has it’s place in the rotation though.

GymWolf

Mine came from the factory set to session and 3 min. I turn the unit on and it goes right to me last temp. 15 seconds and you can rip, however I usually wait a little longer. you can set session for shorter or longer I believe. Bong rips are easier with session for me. On demand could fun fun for dry hits. I havent been able to achieve the lung expansion I get with the Tiny with Ed’s stem or the P80. It’s in the family and has it’s place in the rotation though.
I just need to know HOW the on demand mode works because i'm not buying the device for the session mode.

A dude in here told me that you have to do a combo of buttons to switch to on demand mode, but other than that i know nothing about it, is it like the on demand mode in the xmax v3?

I don't use water pieces, so only dry hits for me.

jbm

I just need to know HOW the on demand mode works because i'm not buying the device for the session mode.

A dude in here told me that you have to do a combo of buttons to switch to on demand mode, but other than that i know nothing about it, is it like the on demand mode in the xmax v3?

I don't use water pieces, so only dry hits for me.
Legacy Pro manual. About 8 pages in, says pressing and holding up and down buttons together switches to On Demand mode.

Okla68

If the unit detects No Movement for a minute or two it will shut off !
The On Demand Mode works for 1 minute at a time...(pressing Power button) as many times as you want to press it until the bowl is spent !
You press Power Button until the desired temp is reached, it will vibrate when ready. The timer will display time of fire remaining. Continue holding button while taking draw. When draw is finished or buzz, let go of power button, you can hit it again or shut off and use later. Again, if it detects No Movement it will Shut Off itself !
IMO...NO NEED FOR WATER !!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Thanks guys, i'm reading the instruction manual as we speak.

Edit: i just have a question that is not specified in the manual, so when the device shut off because you don't touch it for 60 sec in on demand mode, when you turn it on again, is it in session mode or it remember the last mode you were using?

Because it would be a bit cumbersome to always change to on demand mode everytime you turn it on.

Last edited:

jbm

Thanks guys, i'm reading the instruction manual as we speak.

Edit: i just have a question that is not specified in the manual, so when the device shut off because you don't touch it for 60 sec in on demand mode, when you turn it on again, is it in session mode or it remember the last mode you were using?

Because it would be a bit cumbersome to always change to on demand mode everytime you turn it on.
If it works in the same way as the OG, it remembers temperature and mode.

farmerpalmersnt

Seen a lot of people ask and nobody answer, what is in the airpath? And is that mouthpiece plastic?

farmerpalmersnt,

Okla68

Sugar Rush
Jarred 8/21
Approx 0.14 gms
Legacy Pro results
Left...Untouched
Middle...On Demand mode, 420°F..10 minutes (not allowed to shut off)
Right....Session mode..420°F...also not allowed to shut off.

Well, it looks as tho there IS CONDUCTION occurring by the looks of the Right example in Session Mode...sigh!
And YEAH...the middle example, On Demand Mode seems to show NO HEATING of the material..TRUE CONVECTION !

GRRR...Cant get pic to post !

Basically, the On Demand mode has NO EFFECT on herb in the bowl, while Session Mode seems to Cook the material, drawing or not !

Last edited:
Okla68,

mulciber

Seen a lot of people ask and nobody answer, what is in the airpath? And is that mouthpiece plastic?

I want to give you a bit more detail. First, the mouthpiece is ceramic, and it's one of my favorite things about the unit. Feels right, pulls right, easy to clean, more or less unbreakable.

The path on the pro works like this: hot air through the material in the bowl, vapor rises and goes through a gold-plated "distributor disk" that is removable and easy to clean. The vapor is distributed across a small open expanse that is lined with silicone but is immediately drawn down into a small gold screen-covered "pit". The "pit" has an aperture on one side with a silicone bushing, like a tiny washer. It holds a ~3/8" tempered glass tube, about 2.25" long (about the same length as an 18650 cell). Then there's another silicone bushing, and another tiny pathway that leads to the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece sits in a kind of silicone "boot" that also contains a steel screen. That's the entire path.

Some object to the complexity of this path. But in my opinion, unlike the path of, for example, a Mighty/Crafty mouthpiece, there are fewer nooks and crevices, no thermoplastic, and the silicone bits, glass condensing tube, ceramic mouthpiece, pits and passages are all dead easy to clean with a swab.

schenkadere

Can someone explain to me how one would actually use the built in Microdosing disk?
Seems like a useless feature. Something inside the bowl to reduce the chamber would make a lot more sense. This is total guesswork otherwise.
Just put less in the bowl. Silly.

mulciber

Can someone explain to me how one would actually use the built in Microdosing disk?
Seems like a useless feature. Something inside the bowl to reduce the chamber would make a lot more sense. This is total guesswork otherwise.
Just put less in the bowl. Silly.

You've got it right, it's useless. I posted about this before — it's just a fail. I suspect they'll figure it out and issue a fix, but they'll probably charge for it. The "theory" was that as you turn it anticlockwise the cap would extend downward and make the chamber smaller and compact it. But the mechanism just doesn't work. The cap hangs loosely and moves around. It's a total fail. What's needed is caps of several sizes, and as I say, when they realize this they'll probably try to sell them to us. Not evil, just not good designers, imo.

I have found, in any case, that a bit of tamping really makes all the difference with the Pro, whatever amount you choose to fill the crucible with.

mulciber

Ive found that a smaller load vapes better ON DEMAND. The SESSION mode seems to work better with a Full load. I think it goes back to Session loads using the Conduction aspect better when Full or Tamped.

I've played around with these variables too, and you may be right. It's a fairly subtle difference. I think a bit too much may be made of the conduction angle. I do think the redesign may put a little more weight on the heat retained by the chamber, but I don't think you've got a real conduction action of any note going on. I may be wrong, of course. The testing is fun though, that is for certain.

jbm

You've got it right, it's useless. I posted about this before — it's just a fail. I suspect they'll figure it out and issue a fix, but they'll probably charge for it. The "theory" was that as you turn it anticlockwise the cap would extend downward and make the chamber smaller and compact it. But the mechanism just doesn't work. The cap hangs loosely and moves around. It's a total fail. What's needed is caps of several sizes, and as I say, when they realize this they'll probably try to sell them to us. Not evil, just not good designers, imo.

I have found, in any case, that a bit of tamping really makes all the difference with the Pro, whatever amount you choose to fill the crucible with.
Not evil, but you would think they would have learned from their mistakes with the first attempt, the "microdosing basket," which wouldn't even fit in the bowl. As per your allusion, they released the microdosing disk and charged shipping for it. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just refuse the package arriving today and get a refund.

jbm,

mulciber

Not evil, but you would think they would have learned from their mistakes with the first attempt, the "microdosing basket," which wouldn't even fit in the bowl. As per your allusion, they released the microdosing disk and charged shipping for it. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just refuse the package arriving today and get a refund.

Up to you, but I can assure you that there's _plenty_ to like about this unit. I am very glad I have it, as I was with the OG, despite any shortcomings. It does more things v. well than most comparable devices, imo.

Okla68

Ive found that a smaller load vapes better ON DEMAND. The SESSION mode seems to work better with a Full load. I think it goes back to Session loads using the Conduction aspect better when Full or Tamped.
I've played around with these variables too, and you may be right. It's a fairly subtle difference. I think a bit too much may be made of the conduction angle. I do think the redesign may put a little more weight on the heat retained by the chamber, but I don't think you've got a real conduction action of any note going on. I may be wrong, of course. The testing is fun though, that is for certain.
There is Definitely Conduction going on in the Session Mode. I couldn't get it to load here, but, I took a pic of 3 loads(0.13gms), one Native, one ON DEMAND and one in SESSION MODE.
The 1st 2(native & Demand)you can basically tell No Difference, the Session Mode was Definitely COOKED after 10 minutes at 420°F. They were just left to run...No Draws were taken.

Last edited:

DryBonesufo

I actually found the opposite for me… I find that the session works wonders on small loads compared to the Ondemand but that may be due to how I’m pulling maybe? I don’t know but I find my self using Ondemand on a loose half pack bowl and sometimes a full loose bowl. That way I can tap the unit like a firefly to “stir” the bowl.
took two hits of Biscotti in the Pro on demand at 403 an hr and a half ago and I’m here still buzzing… working from home is great lol.

It’s worth it aside from the microdosing disk.. trust me.

Anyone else hoping for dosing capsules? I think it would def help in the cleanliness department Forsure lol. I had brought the Pro with me to a couple of food fests over the memorial weekend… clutch

Complexity

They most definitely need dosing capsules. I'm really hoping for some.
This is killing me waiting for them to ship it!! Ordered late Friday and the wait has been hard. lol

DryBonesufo

There is Definitely Conduction going on in the Session Mode. I couldn't get it to load here, but, I took a pic of 3 loads(0.13gms), one Native, one ON DEMAND and one in SESSION MODE.
The 1st 2(native & Demand)you can basically tell No Difference, the Session Mode was Definitely COOKED after 10 minutes at 420°F. They were just left to run...No Draws were taken.
I think it’s more hybrid during session and than on demand may be fully convection. It is advertised as a hybrid vape.

Last edited:
Top Bottom