AirVape Legacy Pro

RAG

Couldn't keep away from this the Legacy Pro, ordered two units one for me and one for my girlfriend. My girlfriend already has replaced the Crafty with the Legacy Pro. I´m still a bit on the fence due to the mess whilst loading and unloading, but will wait for the capsules before judging it completely. The on device mode is super nice, better than the TM in my opinion (hated the TM). Will put up an in dept review once the capsules arrive. But loving the portability of the unit so far.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am still medicating with this strictly. I am very impressed with the flavor and quality of unit. I do not have such a mess to clean up. What I do is that I use a heavier grain...sometimes small pieces I hand shred. Tiny nubs. When I do this I bake it at 268...the flavor is amazing wild. Instant euphoria like no other. I do not experience this with ANY of the fabulous vapes I own. Go figure. Cleaning is simple and with a brush that came with my Volcano I use it everywhere and then, I take a small alcohol wipe and clean. I do clean my unit at the end of everyday. So, the performance is at prime each time. This Legacy Pro is a beast. Don't let its elegant look deceive you.

felvapes

Received my device yesterday and very happy about it.

Quick review/first impressions:

Packaging is pretty solid, looks good and the illusion thingy is a neat detail, although I think the box could be smaller and sleeker, but everything was held tightly and felt sharp.

The device itself looks pretty, although I feel the appearance is subjective since my girlfriend called the amalgamation of metal, leather and cloth a bit tacky and cheap looking; a feeling that went away when she held the device.
The vape feels good in the hand having a good weight and grip. The buttons feels clicky and satisfying to press. User interface is pretty small and bare. I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the paint of the metal (where the logo is) as I already scuffed my unit twice just by being in my coat pocket with loose change so be careful about that.

Performance wise, the device is everything I expected. I usually start at around 180C and slowly go up to 210, staying on the lower end the longer I can. Vapor texture is excellent, being consistent enough to be felt, but not enough to be harsh. Even on the higher temps, it keeps the vapor "cool feeling" which surprised me. As of yet, with no modification, I feel I get the best result packing the chamber fully with the disk barely screwed in. Something I like is that even though it performs better with longer draw which is expected, I had pretty good results sipping and doing mouth to lung/ mouth to nose hits which is always something I prefered as it "emulates smoking" a bit. I wouldn't say the flavor is stellar as some users here claim, but it definitely is nice. What is notable is that the lack of unpleasing flavors, no burnt taste, hot plastic, or anything else, at most it taste vaguely toasted.

The work flow is its biggest flaw in my opinion, but I expected that from the many comments in the thread. I think the ALP is very efficient at extracting since there was honey/reclaim around the chamber after just my first session. Unfortunately, that makes the loading and unloading which is already messy even more messy due to its chamber's placement. As of yet, I found that I have to brush the chamber and its grilled filters every refill for good results. All in all, I don't really mind yet since I'll probably gonna get better at it and I also will buy the capsules eventually which I think will solve the issue completely.

That's pretty much all I have to say for now, I'm eager to use it more. I hope it gets more market traction so we get more accessories, maybe more 3rd party glass tube such as these one.

Cheers!
There is no mess at all if you remove the small gold screen and put a mighty screen over the weed

felvapes,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I do not ever have a mess...when I open the lid there is a ball of weed that sometimes is attached to the upper part and I use my finger to free it back down...but, it tosses itself back nicely. I just use a light brush in-between and I do clean the little grill with alcohol lightly each time. I find the mess that I have is just as much as with my other vapes-minimal...the flavor is so friggen good that I clean it with joy. Not a prob.

felvapes

I do not ever have a mess...when I open the lid there is a ball of weed that sometimes is attached to the upper part and I use my finger to free it back down...but, it tosses itself back nicely. I just use a light brush in-between and I do clean the little grill with alcohol lightly each time. I find the mess that I have is just as much as with my other vapes-minimal...the flavor is so friggen good that I clean it with joy. Not a prob.
I find this method still gets avb in places and stuck to reclaim
The screen on bowl keeps all completely clean, not a little clean - for me, ime

Dr. G

Old Resident
Can someone please post a photo of the Mighty screen...? Does it have to be that one?

Dr. G,

felvapes

I am going to give that a try. Thanks.
If you do this also remove the small gold screen
The problem is how to get the Mighty screen out.
No problem at all - you turn the device upside down and tap - the avb and screen come out easily and cleanly
Can someone please post a photo of the Mighty screen...? Does it have to be that one?
A mighty wide mesh works best as the wide mesh is better for airflow and tends to get less stuck to it than a fine screen
But you can buy 15/16 mm screens that will work

The mighty screen is about 15.5/15.6mm apparently so is the best for not touching the good bowl but being big enough to cover the bowl fully, plus the wide mesh

But it is possible to get good results using any 15/16mm screens

felvapes,

El Peligroso

Trying to decide between this, the Angus, tiny might 2, Arizer air max.

I think the extraction for the TM2 might be a bit too intense, but an only-session vape might be too slow. I take 3-4 hits and get on with my day but sometimes when I’m winding down the slow extraction of a session vape is pleasant.

Problem with AVLP is that the conduit from the chamber to the mouth piece is multifaceted, which requires more cleaning (vs a stem for the TM2/air max) and I’m not sure how inert the AVLP materials are since it’s going from the chamber, through the black portion to the filter then to the glassware, through the mouthpiece.

felvapes

Trying to decide between this, the Angus, tiny might 2, Arizer air max.

I think the extraction for the TM2 might be a bit too intense, but an only-session vape might be too slow. I take 3-4 hits and get on with my day but sometimes when I’m winding down the slow extraction of a session vape is pleasant.

Problem with AVLP is that the conduit from the chamber to the mouth piece is multifaceted, which requires more cleaning (vs a stem for the TM2/air max) and I’m not sure how inert the AVLP materials are since it’s going from the chamber, through the black portion to the filter then to the glassware, through the mouthpiece.
I hear that the TM stem is not as easy to clean as people say
Some people find it annoying with extras inside the stem to clean
The ALP is not hard to clean with the screen mod
This is also over stated, qtip up the holes and all is good - now there's one for the out of context thread hahaha

I went two weeks without cleaning and could have gone longer
Never had a vape work that well for maintenance

El Peligroso

I hear that the TM stem is not as easy to clean as people say
Some people find it annoying with extras inside the stem to clean
The ALP is not hard to clean with the screen mod
This is also over stated, qtip up the holes and all is good - now there's one for the out of context thread hahaha

I went two weeks without cleaning and could have gone longer
Never had a vape work that well for maintenance
Thanks. I looked at troy’s video and he used q-tip as well but don’t you worry about some of Q-tip particles getting caught in the little holes and being inhaled?

El Peligroso,

felvapes

Thanks. I looked at troy’s video and he used q-tip as well but don’t you worry about some of Q-tip particles getting caught in the little holes and being inhaled?
Nope
An iso qtip first, then a mouth moistened one
All is clean without leaving any behind
Also the MP has a screen too that would catch anything if it did make it through
But if any qtip bits got stuck in those elbows I would think they would stay there stuck in reclaim more than become loose and reach the MP screen

felvapes,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have a station set up at home where I can at the end of the day clean my vapes...whatever I rotated gets cleaned and since everything is available to me it does not seem tedious. I enjoy that process too. I find that having something like that for me encourages me to clean and connect with my vapes and my healing. I do not mind cleaning my TM as well...the stem cooling system goes in alcohol...you pull out the five bolts and you rinse it! Done. No prob. I have to remember when I smoked in a bong what a problem that was to clean! I would have to soak and brush for days...fuck that.

The only thing I own that gives me absolutely NO effort to clean is my Volcano. Fricken tank. No mess. At all.

Puddentain

I wouldn’t let that stop you. There are a lot of requests earlier in the string for an alternative round mouthpiece from current users, so I don’t think that you’re alone in your hesitation. However, I have found that I like it quite a bit. Great material, very cool to the touch and it “fits” with the overall vape shape.

Round would open up more whip/glass possibilities though and with all the requests, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a factory or aftermarket option at some point.

At the same time, different strokes for different folks.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I wouldn’t let that stop you. There are a lot of requests earlier in the string for an alternative round mouthpiece from current users, so I don’t think that you’re alone in your hesitation. However, I have found that I like it quite a bit. Great material, very cool to the touch and it “fits” with the overall vape shape.

Round would open up more whip/glass possibilities though and with all the requests, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a factory or aftermarket option at some point.

At the same time, different strokes for different folks.
I loved the end of your post...'different strokes for different folks.' I agree. The Legacy Pro is not just a good vape...it is a GREAT vape. This has to be. The mouth piece for me is EXCELLENT. I have never had such a nice experience. Its cool...in temp. Never gets hot. Mine does not. Its perfect. I wouldn't know how to improve it quite frankly. I love this more than glass or wood. It is just my preference. I own lots of all that for the TM...I love it too!!!! I LOVE IT ALL!

I am anticipating a nice case for my Legacy Pro...in the meantime, I purchased a case from USA GEAR...its kind of like the ANGUS case...round, zipper, strong. But, this is temporary until Airvape makes one to fit.

I recommend that everyone get a Legacy Pro...put it in your rotation. You will not regret it.

Top Bottom