AirVape Legacy Pro

MagnumMafia05

I was generally wondering if it’ll drop more than that! The included dosing cap for the November models is tempting too.. I’d buy it now, but wondering if it’ll drop under $170~ during BF
Where did you hear a dosing cap is included with the November models? Pretty sure Gary said they were not
Hi,
There will be no new PRO for this year, and Capsule will be accessories as not everyone needs it. We are in the final stage of mass production, it will be available soon. And yes, it will come with a case/loading platform. ;)

felvapes

I've had my Legacy Pro for about a week now, and there really is only one issue. Apparently you can't hold a temp in on demand mode. I hope I'm wrong.

When you select on demand mode, you increase the temperature by holding the power button down. When it reaches the temp you want, if you take your finger off the power button, the temp will immediately drop to about 100F. IF you continue to hold the power button, it will reach 464.

Customer service suggested you can take a quick hit when it reaches your temp, then repeat the process. But apparently the unit takes 15 seconds to heat up, at which point it will vibrate. The drop to 100 or so is immediate, so that's not enough time to heat up to your desired temp.

I repeated this process several times last night, and the unit eventually vibrated. But did it vibrate because it reached 370 (my original desired temp) or 104? Or somewhere in between?

Perhaps the solution is to go to session mode, and immediately turn it off after my first draw. Then turn it back on and repeat for each hit.
On demand mode you set your temp using arrows
Hold power button until it reaches temp
Continue to hold power button whilst inhaling - let go of button just before you finish inhaling
When you are ready for another hit - repeat

Full temp on demand with strong draws is best for great hits and flavours

Enjoy

Okla68

Okay. So you press the arrows first to the temp you want, then the power button to heat. I was pressing the power button first, which also raises the temp but with no control.

I'll give it a try.
Set the desired temp with the arrow buttons, when reached press the power button. When unit heats to your set temp, it will buzz, signaling you to start your draw. You can keep the power button pushed for 1 minute, then the unit will automatically shut off. The temp is NOT going to continue to rise beyond the value you set with the arrows.

1973PortlandToker

On demand mode you set your temp using arrows
Hold power button until it reaches temp
Continue to hold power button whilst inhaling - let go of button just before you finish inhaling
When you are ready for another hit - repeat

Full temp on demand with strong draws is best for great hits and flavours

Enjoy

That's it. I just got the procedure wrong.

Set the desired temp with the arrow buttons, when reached press the power button. When unit heats to your set temp, it will buzz, signaling you to start your draw. You can keep the power button pushed for 1 minute, then the unit will automatically shut off. The temp is NOT going to continue to rise beyond the value you set with the arrows.

Yup.

StringTheorista

Another reason I can’t wait for capsules is: this vape when loaded does not contain smell at all. If I leave it ready to take a hit here or there during the day, it gradually emits odor. If I have capsules I will just tip the cap out and put it in a little container, then the ALP can ride in my pocket

Okla68

Until Apollo releases Dosing Caps for the ALP are there any other brands that may fit during the interim...POV 1 etc. ?

Okla68,

StringTheorista

According to earlier posts, S&B caps do not work. POTV caps are the wrong shape for the oven, which is wide and flat like the mighty’s oven. But not close enough to the mighty’s oven to use those caps

StringTheorista,
Reactions: Okla68

Finessseee

Hi,

I'm on holiday; allow me a few days to respond. Dosing capsules are coming, currently, we are waiting for shipment from the manufacturer (out of my hand right now) BF deal is slightly better, but not much.
So BF deal is basically the same $100~ off WC promo code deal with maybe an extra gift / accessory or extra $20~ off I’m assuming? Might just be worth buying it now then hmm

Finessseee

yes, something like that. not defined yet, but that is the best price range, we won't go further.
Fair enough! Thanks for keeping us connected! Stoked to try it. Will pull the trigger soon

Are the only real recommended accessories for the AirVape Legacy Pro -

1 extra glass tube,
1 extra battery,
1 extra mouthpiece,
1 wpa?

Does this cover everything or do I not need to bother with a backup glass tube, backup mp, backup battery?

JustAnotherCritic

1 extra glass tube,
1 extra battery,
1 extra mouthpiece,
1 wpa?

Does this cover everything or do I not need to bother with a backup glass tube, backup mp, backup battery?

WPA is a good one to get. Extra battery might be a good idea since they say the warranty only applies if you use their batteries, although it is expensive for what it is. For the extra mouthpiece I would get the one from Gary or mention it in your order notes that you want the snug mouthpiece from the original legacy, don't buy a second legacy pro mp.

Extra glass tube will come down to how clumsy you are, I guess. If you have a habit of breaking things, then maybe it's worth the extra few bucks. The glass is pretty thick and it's pretty safe when closed inside the device.

The only ones I would consider essential would be the OG mouthpiece from Gary, and the wpa. And when the dosing caps arrive, I'll also consider them essential.

Pukka

1 extra glass tube,
1 extra battery,
1 extra mouthpiece,
1 wpa?

There are 2 seperate listings of screens and stuff at the end of the accessory list, basically the accessory baggie. I always try to get spares of things that either get lost or wear out like seals.

felvapes

WPA is a good one to get. Extra battery might be a good idea since they say the warranty only applies if you use their batteries, although it is expensive for what it is. For the extra mouthpiece I would get the one from Gary or mention it in your order notes that you want the snug mouthpiece from the original legacy, don't buy a second legacy pro mp.

Extra glass tube will come down to how clumsy you are, I guess. If you have a habit of breaking things, then maybe it's worth the extra few bucks. The glass is pretty thick and it's pretty safe when closed inside the device.

The only ones I would consider essential would be the OG mouthpiece from Gary, and the wpa. And when the dosing caps arrive, I'll also consider them essential.
Not true
They said via email that you CAN use any battery that meets the specs
The specs that they gave via email are that it is a 10a draw battery

You will absolutely keep your warranty if you use a matching spec battery
This was confirmed via email

The CS via email is outstanding
Overnight replies and no secret squirrel business - very open and communicative

If you want to confirm this email yourself so you then have written confirmation for the future

Apollo email CS is amazing

Okla68

Not true

If you want to confirm this email yourself so you then have written confirmation for the future

Been touting the amazing CS of Apollo for several years now. My 1st vape was a AirVape X. I messed up the USB connection using passthru....called CS on Friday, mailed my broken one on Saturday....to my Amazement....Monday there was a New unit in my mailbox....there is NO CHANCE they had even received my broken one yet !!(actually, this was my 2nd one, 1st one wouldn't hold a charge, so was sorta on a 1st name basis with CS, lol.
I Still have and Use that unit at least every other day or so. Got a OG Legacy before the Pro !)
Obviously, a Apollo AirVape fan !

bobothevaper

Not true

So will a Sony VTC6 work? I have like Six of them alredy in the drawer but afraid to use em.

yes, something like that. not defined yet, but that is the best price range, we won't go further.
Brother. Love the vape so far. Can I ask? Can you ship dosing caps to the EU store too? Or will that take another months time or so?

felvapes

So will a Sony VTC6 work? I have like Six of them alredy in the drawer but afraid to use em.
If a battery has a higher draw rating than the factory specs it would be safe to use
As the factory battery is 10a and a vt6 is rated between 15 -30a I would say it is perfectly safe to use

If you are concerned, email CS and they will confirm so that you have it in writing
But yes, a Sony vt6 meets the specs/needs of the ALP battery

You can't use a battery that has less than 10a draw
You can use one that has 10a or more

Top Bottom