Advanced E-cig users and oil/wax, how-to "one-hitter-quitter"

Deleted Member 1643

you mentioned your wires are premade... where are you getting it from if i may ask...?
Getting most pre-built wire from Advanced Vape Supply. Best variety - tri-braid, vertibraid, quad-core clapton, etc. - spools and shots available. The alien wire shots are from Lightning Vapes - only source found for pre-built all-SS316L alien wire.

Well, tried a mesh dab. The flavor is mind-blowing. No idea this shatter tasted so good. That said, not really very high at all. Only thin vapor snaked through the glass tip, not the dense, white clot produced by the same-sized dab on the inception coil. Also, more reclaim in the tip - could be part of the problem.

Still, the flavor. Might need to play with this some more.

Update: made a pad with three mesh strips (0.11 Ohms) and tried TC on the Drone (DNA200). No good. Freaked out actually - not only did it kick into power mode, it maxed out the power setting! Maybe stay away from the DNA chips pending further study. On the other hand, the EHPro seemed to have no problem with it.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
Getting most pre-built wire from Advanced Vape Supply. Best variety - tri-braid, vertibraid, quad-core clapton, etc. - spools and shots available. The alien wire shots are from Lightning Vapes - only source found for pre-built all-SS316L alien wire.

Well, tried a mesh dab. The flavor is mind-blowing. No idea this shatter tasted so good. That said, not really very high at all. Only thin vapor snaked through the glass tip, not the dense, white clot produced by the same-sized dab on the inception coil. Also, more reclaim in the tip - could be part of the problem.

Still, the flavor. Might need to play with this some more.

Update: made a pad with three mesh strips (0.11 Ohms) and tried TC on the Drone (DNA200). No good. Freaked out actually - not only did it kick into power mode, it maxed out the power setting! Maybe stay away from the DNA chips pending further study. On the other hand, the EHPro seemed to have no problem with it.

nice. great stuff!

with that mesh rip... the thin vapor production and super flavor profile sure sound like the temp needs to go up. id load a fresh one and go up another 10deg. keep doing that until you get that balance of great flavor and the cloud production youre after. i swear when my joyetech was working ok with the mesh it was phenomenal. but the bad was nasty and when i saw the pulse glowing... i could see where the heat was applied to the mesh... i knew something wasnt right. it looked like it was breathing in a way. the fluctuations were far too dramatic to be accurately staying near 400F. these portions of the mesh were well above that. it shouldnt have been glowing at all in TC at that temp. i havent used the VVM since. im gonna figure this mesh shit out one way or another. worst case just go back to wire builds, but until then ill take the physical challenge.

oh and what EHpro device are you referring to? its a damn shame the DNA boards have a hard time with a “dry coil” with mesh. im sure these would all work fine if the mesh was submerged in juice. ive always wanted a yihi chip, but that damn dry hit protection!!! ugh

Deleted Member 1643

the thin vapor production and super flavor profile sure sound like the temp needs to go up. id load a fresh one and go up another 10deg. keep doing that until you get that balance of great flavor and the cloud production youre after. i swear when my joyetech was working ok with the mesh it was phenomenal.

Too frustrating with the inception coil next to it, ready to go. Have you tried mesh without TC? TC seems more like a ceramic donut. Very flavorful, but only some of the cannabinoids vape. A dab on a nail or coil without TC isn't as flavorful, IME, but almost everything vapes.

i could see where the heat was applied to the mesh... i knew something wasnt right. it looked like it was breathing in a way. the fluctuations were far too dramatic to be accurately staying near 400F. these portions of the mesh were well above that. it shouldnt have been glowing at all in TC at that temp.

Seen this, good description.

oh and what EHpro device are you referring to? its a damn shame the DNA boards have a hard time with a “dry coil” with mesh. im sure these would all work fine if the mesh was submerged in juice. ive always wanted a yihi chip, but that damn dry hit protection!!! ugh

It's the EHPro fusion kit a few pages back. @Filhote recommended. It separately controls two concentric contacts on its matching dual-chambered RDTA. Can't get both chambers to function after disassembling the RDTA for cleaning. (Supposedly, a replacement is making its way by sea.) But love the mod, gets the most use, cheap enough even without the novel RDTA. It's also small and light. Two 18650s, but smaller than the SXmini would be if it had two cells.

The line-up.

Lea71Bf.jpg

On the left, the Fusion sporting very first inception coil in the Rafale. Have to fire that up and report back. Next, the SXmini with it's unfortunate dry-coil shutdown. Still, very pocket-able in power mode. The alienception (in need of cleaning) in the Tokugawa tops it. The Athena, an unfortunate choice of 26650 DNA75 mod to compensate for the SXmini's shortcomings, and a standard (level 2) inception coil mounted vertically in Vandy's Govad. (Both of these are made from AVS quad-core clapton wire.) This has bottom and side airflow similar to the Tokugawa, but the bulky clamps take up valuable space. Finally, the Lost Vape Drone squonker with the Vandy Pulse. There's an inception coil in its future - maybe a cold-loading design with those pipes directing air down and in. :sherlock:

Update: First hit with standard inception coil in Rafale produced spatter. Also tried painting dab on outside of coil rather than letting it soak in. It really needs to soak in. Easily recovered blob from deck with dab tool for second try. Throttled airflow all the way down. This worked better. Like the airflow through the mandatory tip but miss being able to see the dab for comparison.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
Too frustrating with the inception coil next to it, ready to go. Have you tried mesh without TC? TC seems more like a ceramic donut. Very flavorful, but only some of the cannabinoids vape. A dab on a nail or coil without TC isn't as flavorful, IME, but almost everything vapes.

Seen this, good description.

It's the EHPro fusion kit a few pages back. @Filhote recommended. It separately controls two concentric contacts on its matching dual-chambered RDTA. Can't get both chambers to function after disassembling the RDTA for cleaning. (Supposedly, a replacement is making its way by sea.) But love the mod, gets the most use, cheap enough even without the novel RDTA. It's also small and light. Two 18650s, but smaller than the SXmini would be if it had two cells.

The line-up.

Lea71Bf.jpg

On the left, the Fusion sporting very first inception coil in the Rafale. Have to fire that up and report back. Next, the SXmini with it's unfortunate dry-coil shutdown. Still, very pocket-able in power mode. The alienception (in need of cleaning) in the Tokugawa tops it. The Athena, an unfortunate choice of 26650 DNA75 mod to compensate for the SXmini's shortcomings, and a standard (level 2) inception coil mounted vertically in Vandy's Govad. (Both of these are made from AVS quad-core clapton wire.) This has bottom and side airflow similar to the Tokugawa, but the bulky clamps take up valuable space. Finally, the Lost Vape Drone squonker with the Vandy Pulse. There's an inception coil in its future - maybe a cold-loading design with those pipes directing air down and in. :sherlock:

Update: First hit with standard inception coil in Rafale produced spatter. Also tried painting dab on outside of coil rather than letting it soak in. It really needs to soak in. Easily recovered blob from deck with dab tool for second try. Throttled airflow all the way down. This worked better. Like the airflow through the mandatory tip but miss being able to see the dab for comparison.

hmmm you should be able to vape damn near all of a dab in TC. again kee increasing the temp. it shouldnt take more than 420F to get a full dab to vape. there may be something left left behind, but its such a little amount i dont care. i get that back when i clean and reclaim and it makes for a nice night cap.

ill give power mode a shot tonight, but i remember when i first tried TC. i couldnt believe what my dabs tasted like before and i was ok with it. i vowed to never again do that shit. and i honestly did not experience any drop off in effects after going to TC. same high to me.

regarding a cold load and getting it to soak in... maybe try a bit slower of a ramp up...? that will give the oil just enough time to heat, soak in, and vape all pretty quickly. it wont be in a flash, but maybe a 3-5 secs? should taste very good.

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

hmmm you should be able to vape damn near all of a dab in TC. again kee increasing the temp.

Not IME. Even after taking it up to 600F, quite a lot still comes off when dry-burning the mesh or wire afterward (before it starts to glow). How meaningful are the temp control numbers anyway, especially with mesh or exotic builds?

Everybody's after something a little different. Flavor's nice, but with a whole plant's worth of identical concentrate, barely notice it after a while. If an endless variety is available, it makes sense that you'd want great flavor every time.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
Not IME. Even after taking it up to 600F, quite a lot still comes off when dry-burning the mesh or wire afterward (before it starts to glow). How meaningful are the temp control numbers anyway, especially with mesh or an exotic builds?

Everybody's after something a little different. Flavor's nice, but with a whole plant's worth of identical concentrate, barely notice it after a while. If an endless variety is available, it makes sense that you'd want great flavor every time.

i agree that some leftovers come off when cleaning a coil, but thats after like 2-3 grams through it IME. and i usually swap coils before it really builds up. thats worth it for me. plus you can vape the leftovers later. im not rich and live in a non friendly state so i dont have have access to tons of concentrates. so when i do buy them i want everything out of them i can get. effects come first and flavor is a close second.

but yeah everyones prefs are dif.

well i suppose while the mesh verdict is still out i need to get some wire in. ive got some 26g ss316l at home, but thats the only size. wished i had some 28 or 30. got a few ideas for wicking coils. ill be watching quite a bit of hockey tonight, but will build while watching. ill be sure to get pics and take them for a test drive to report back.

probably going to order that modefined sirius mod also. fingers crossed i dont get one with a wonky fire button.

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

im not rich and live in a non friendly state so i dont have have access to tons of concentrates. so when i do buy them i want everything out of them i can get.

It's the same when you grow. (Unless you grow a lot! :D)

2tOSfaa.jpg

Sometimes, one plant is all you need.:bowdown:

wished i had some 28 or 30.

Do you build your own wire? Would love to try some Mohawk alien or clapception wire, but it seems difficult to set up and learn. Can't find these pre-built, intrigued by 3D aspect. Supposedly, Mohawk alien is easier than regular alien. (Think three cores are triangular instead of flat.) Clapception might be easier still. (Don't know if this is using clapton wire just as the wrap in a final clapton - or using claptons as cores, too. :nod:)

ill be sure to get pics and take them for a test drive to report back.
Looking forward to it! :popcorn:

Tonight's very promising experiment is temp control with a new alienception. :science:

With SS316L preset selected, 600F, just begin to detect flavor. So, doubled TCR value to 176. Seems like a good range. Again set to 600F, the glow from the core is just visible in a dark room. This hits a little too hot for flavor, a solid hit. Loaded a tiny crumb more. Good flavor at 450F. Not as good as mesh, but not bad for a first try with a much smaller dab. There are only so many tests one can run each evening. :ko:

At this point switched to power - and delivered the rest of the hit, which was substantial.

There's a fine coating of reclaim on the deck. Also noticed this with mesh. Haven't noticed with just power blasts. Didn't notice any more in the pipe or below deck than elsewhere.

You're back only a few days and already learned that these coils are more versatile than expected. :whoa:

:zzz:

2clicker

Observer
It's the same when you grow. (Unless you grow a lot! :D)

2tOSfaa.jpg

Sometimes, one plant is all you need.:bowdown:

Do you build your own wire? Would love to try some Mohawk alien or clapception wire, but it seems difficult to set up and learn. Can't find these pre-built, intrigued by 3D aspect. Supposedly, Mohawk alien is easier than regular alien. (Think three cores are triangular instead of flat.) Clapception might be easier still. (Don't know if this is using clapton wire just as the wrap in a final clapton - or using claptons as cores, too. :nod:)

Looking forward to it! :popcorn:

Tonight's very promising experiment is temp control with a new alienception. :science:

With SS316L preset selected, 600F, just begin to detect flavor. So, doubled TCR value to 176. Seems like a good range. Again set to 600F, the glow from the core is just visible in a dark room. This hits a little too hot for flavor, a solid hit. Loaded a tiny crumb more. Good flavor at 450F. Not as good as mesh, but not bad for a first try with a much smaller dab. There are only so many tests one can run each evening. :ko:

At this point switched to power - and delivered the rest of the hit, which was substantial.

There's a fine coating of reclaim on the deck. Also noticed this with mesh. Haven't noticed with just power blasts. Didn't notice any more in the pipe or below deck than elsewhere.

You're back only a few days and already learned that these coils are more versatile than expected. :whoa:

:zzz:

well im a disappointment. my lil dudes dominated my time last night and i didnt really get any building in.

yes i have always built my own wire for coils. i have never purchased or even used prebuilt exotic wire. ive only bought reg round wire for building. and ive got kanthal, ni, Ti, and 316L. all in different gauges except for the SS. ive only got 26g. ive got an idea for a new kind of wire, but will need a more rigid sturdy core wire and a more soft or pliable wire for the outter wrap. thinking 24g for the cores and 32g for the wrap. im going to attempt to weave the two cores together with a figure eight looking wrap where the outter wire goes in between the two (or three) core wires on each wrap. if that makes any sense...?

yeah this coil will probably take a long time to build, but the way im going to mount it in the VVM i wont need very much. basically building my own mesh of 316L wire. but itll be clean like a good clean fused clapton. idk we will see.

should look similar to this spaced and staggered fused Clapton wire i made a while back. except probably going to be 3 cores. hell maybe even 4 if its goin in the VVM. this wire is 26g all around.
uzXdl3L.jpg

another idea ive been meaning to try... have you tried a stovetop coil built from exotic wire? it should work like my old diamond back coils where i would slide the wire into ReadyXWick and then build a stovetop from that. it reminded me of a coiled snake hence the diamondback (or DBC) name. anyway... the RXW would wick and the wire would vape it. they worked very well, but i always worried a bit about the ceramic fibers. thats why the SCI coil came about. but now im wondering if that stovetop shape can be used, but get the benefits of a wicking wire. think that wire in my pic above in a nice tight stovetop build. idk just spitballin here.

Last edited:
2clicker,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Deleted Member 1643

im going to attempt to weave the two cores together with a figure eight looking wrap where the outter wire goes in between the two (or three) core wires on each wrap. if that makes any sense...?

Makes sense - don't know how you'll do it. Like braided wire because there's space for airflow in the wire itself. Claptons seem pretty straightforward, but no idea how to braid. In the DIY thread, posted a coil wars video with some stunning braided wire. One day...

have you tried a stovetop coil built from exotic wire

Don't recall, but this was basically the idea behind the higher level inception coils. They're like stove-tops with the added dimension of height. Each level is only two or three raps, so it's a thickened disk shape. You can see the similarity pretty clearly in the pic on the previous page. Find stove-tops difficult (and no fun) to wrap. Do you have a method? Got a jig from a jewelry-making hobby shop, but it's not that helpful for only a few wraps.

i would slide the wire into ReadyXWick and then build a stovetop from that. it reminded me of a coiled snake hence the diamondback (or DBC) name. anyway... the RXW would wick and the wire would vape it. they worked very well, but i always worried a bit about the ceramic fibers.

Is this what @Vape Donkey 650 uses in RTA builds? Seem to recall this issue was discussed in this context.

the SCI coil

Remember the diamondback, but what's the SCI coil?

Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: 2clicker

2clicker

Observer
Makes sense - don't know how you'll do it. Like braided wire because there's space for airflow in the wire itself. Claptons seem pretty straightforward, but no idea how to braid. In the DIY thread, posted a coil wars video with some stunning braided wire. One day...

Don't recall, but this was basically the idea behind the higher level inception coils. They're like stove-tops with the added dimension of height. Each level is only two or three raps, so it's a thickened disk shape. You can see the similarity pretty clearly in the pic on the previous page. Find stove-tops difficult (and no fun) to wrap. Do you have a method? Got a jig from a jewelry-making hobby shop, but it's not that helpful for only a few wraps.

Is this what @Vape Donkey 650 uses in RTA builds? Seem to recall this issue was discussed in this context.

Remember the diamondback, but what's the SCI coil?

my plan on weaving the wire into mesh strips... is to take oh idk 4 or 5 6” long core wires. ill get two small hobby vices, secure the 24g core wires side by side, and pull the vices apart so the core wires are in place and tight. then ill take the 32g wrap wire and ill feed it through each core wire like a needle and thread, in and out, until i get to to the end. yeah its going to be a pain in the ass, but my mind is set on trying it. just placed an order for some Sandvik 316L on kindey puncher. they also offer some really nice exotic prebuilds in the same sandvik wire. reasonably priced.

the “SCI” coil is the one you posted a pic of. my spaced clapton inception coil.

just watched a build video for a quad core staggered fused clapton wire. this will probably get the same results as the weave mentioned above and likely much easier to make. got some legit sandvik wire, nylon pliers, and a spool tamer on the way. hopefully ill be geeking out on a build on monday.

for now i gotta use the subpar lightning vapes wire.

Last edited:
2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

Getting better results in TC - delicious hits (new batch of shatter) on the first inception coil in the Rafale at 450F, TCR=176. Like the airflow. Less left over, but a little spatter.

Edit: Very low temp TC is ideal for loading. Proper loading eliminates spatter. Could definitely hand this off proudly without fear of scaring the crap out of somebody. :tup:

Gotta fire up the vertical in the Govad next. :p

my plan on weaving the wire into mesh strips... is to take oh idk 4 or 5 6” long core wires. ill get two small hobby vices, secure the 24g core wires side by side, and pull the vices apart so the core wires are in place and tight. then ill take the 32g wrap wire and ill feed it through each core wire like a needle and thread, in and out, until i get to to the end.

So, essentially by hand? And then fire it up? Make sure you take a pic of the pretty colors!

Got a pair of aliens coils from KP. Very nice. How would you use them for concentrate? Just load-and-go? Or thread a micro coil through and twist the leads? Tried one a few pages back - first try for a one-hitter. Appears to be a pre-made parallel vertibraid/clapton coil. Probably tried the micro coil idea with little success.

Don't mind wrapping coils. Kind of like it. It's the wire that's intimidating. Currently using some Wismec notch coils for nic juice. Work very well, but too fragile.

For obvious reasons, it's difficult to find pre-built exotic wire in lengths longer than 5", which is limiting. Could probably find an eBay seller to custom build it.

the “SCI” coil is the one you posted a pic of. my spaced clapton inception coil.

Did not know you called it that. Could be wrong. Had more than a few inspirations only to rediscover them later in a post on this thread.

Not that anyone cares, but pretty sure "inception coil" refers to multiple coils on the same wire. So, a "clapton inception coil" would be wrapped from the same length of clapton wire. Don't know if anyone else is wrapping more than two - came up with the "level" idea.

Isn't yours more of a parallel coil like the premade above? Seen others in an inner-outer configuration instead of side-by-side, but never found what they're called.

No, with the lead wrapping, it's more like a second outer wire that's pulled off to become the inner coil.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
Getting better results in TC - delicious hits (new batch of shatter) on the first inception coil in the Rafale at 450F, TCR=176. Like the airflow. Less left over, but a little spatter.

Edit: Very low temp TC is ideal for loading. Proper loading eliminates spatter. Could definitely hand this off proudly without fear of scaring the crap out of somebody. :tup:

Gotta fire up the vertical in the Govad next. :p

So, essentially by hand? And then fire it up? Make sure you take a pic of the pretty colors!

Got a pair of aliens coils from KP. Very nice. How would you use them for concentrate? Just load-and-go? Or thread a micro coil through and twist the leads? Tried one a few pages back - first try for a one-hitter. Appears to be a pre-made parallel vertibraid/clapton coil. Probably tried the micro coil idea with little success.

Don't mind wrapping coils. Kind of like it. It's the wire that's intimidating. Currently using some Wismec notch coils for nic juice. Work very well, but too fragile.

For obvious reasons, it's difficult to find pre-built exotic wire in lengths longer than 5", which is limiting. Could probably find an eBay seller to custom build it.

Did not know you called it that. Could be wrong. Had more than a few inspirations only to rediscover them later in a post on this thread.

Not that anyone cares, but pretty sure "inception coil" refers to multiple coils on the same wire. So, a "clapton inception coil" would be wrapped from the same length of clapton wire. Don't know if anyone else is wrapping more than two - came up with the "level" idea.

Isn't yours more of a parallel coil like the premade above? Seen others in an inner-outer configuration instead of side-by-side, but never found what they're called.

No, with the lead wrapping, it's more like a second outer wire that's pulled off to become the inner coil.

glad to hear youre getting more flavor. love handing my device to a friend and them being blown away by the flavor and cloud.

regarding spatter... warm loading can def help eliminate it, but IME some spatter is inevitable. also warm loading will defrade flavor a bit so that is a small trade off. i will say that with mesh, when it was working, that i noticed zero spatter. only condensed oil. which is one reason why i like the mesh so much. it just seems to distribute the power more evenly to more of the dab at once than traditional wire builds. but even with wire builds i dont find the spatter to be much of an issue. i reclaim it anyway. i think spatter is just part of this pocket dab that we are after.

yeah by hand. again this wire wont be coiled. im going to make 3 or 4 one inch lengths of this woven wire. then im going to mount them side by side in my VV Mesh rda. essentially creating a strip of mesh, but from multiple strips of this exotic wire. i will probably shape them like a square so the leads go into the clamps at a 90 deg angle and the top surface of the “coil” together is flat. make sense? i guess heater is a more accurate name for these as they are not actually going to be coiled.

i would use an alien wire or any other exotic wire this same way in the VVM rda. just cut a few strips of the wire in the same length, bend them uniformly, and mount them side by side. or as a traditional coil in a standard type of rda. just a standard coil. wouldn’t necessarily need the inner coil also considering this wire already wicks quite well. ive used staggered fused clapton wire by itself before. with no inner “inception” coil and have gotten pretty damn nice results. also i would id like to try to use some exotic wire wrapped into a stovetop shape. i did used to have a syringe luer lock tip that i would use to make the stovetops, but because it was just round wire inside of RXW the coil stayed together making it easy to create. i have a feeling that stovetopping with wider exotic wire is going to be a challenge, but im gonna try it. it doesnt have to be super tight. a little space between the wind should be ok. and i can always use a little heat to help keep it in place as i wind it.

when i say “inception” i simply mean a coil inside of a coil. i didnt realize that technically to be an inception coil that both coils were twisted from one piece of wire. so from now on a coil within a coil will be “2 levels” and not an inception. for the sake of this thread at least. unless there is already a name for the coil within a coil...? i supposed my coil could be a “staggered clapton with standard 2nd level”. doesnt really roll off the tongue, but its explanatory. parallel coil refers to two separate coils where the actual coils are in between each others wraps. the wraps being winded to the same diameter. sitting side by side and not inner/outter. and honestly i just started calling it the “sci” coil. so you didnt miss that originally. i dont remember if i named it originally or not.

something id like to add for everyone reading... my intention is to build a atomizer to be able to vape concentrates efficiently while having the capability of ripping your face off also. my device is almost never set to a face ripping setting though. since finding out that holding cannabis hits in longer does absolutely nothing and that taking large hits also doesnt get you more medicated... i have not been chasing the face melting rips anymore like in the past. its such a waste. so the goal is to build an atty that can produce the flavor and effects of a properly heated nail dab. dabs do not have to be lung busters to be a solid dab. i have since gone from craving that “one hitter quitter” rip to wanting that “load multiple smaller dabs and get everything from them” usage. these types of rips still fill my lungs plenty and taste better. id rather take two smaller dabs than one larger one because i know im getting more bang than just the larger single rip. having said that... i still want to be able to dial up the temp or wattage for face melting if a buddy asks for it. i do feel this has already been accomplished with traditional wire builds. at this point its just trying to dial it in even more.

when my sandvik wire gets here im going to attempt what i believe is smething that is framed... errr stapled... errr fused... lol. basically im going to have two 24/32g staggered clapton wires on the outside and two reg 24g wires in between them. then i am going to fuse all four cores together. hoping this creates a resivior inside the wire where the non clapton core wires are. they wont have outter wraps and will have the fused wire over them which should creat that resivoir. i watched some build videos and this looks like a winner of a build. ill be sure to get pics.

oh and there is a video showing how to stagger a clatpon wire using a shirt button. this gives you a perfect stagger. the spaces will be uniform no matter how fast you fire the drill when claptoning. makes it hard to not get perfect results. just google “staggered clapton button trick”.

oh and i found the best fucking thing for anyone who hates dealing with wire and their fucking spools! do yourself a favor and cop a “spool tamer”!!! mine is on the way. goodbye to wire getting away from you and unspooling all over the place. you dont even have to secure the wire after cutting some off. you just let the tamer hold it in place. cannot wait for this thing.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

Used last length of AVS quad-core clapton to wrap a massive level 3 coil for temp control. Each level has five wraps, 0.6 Ohms. Loading more concentrate is possible and on TC, multiple hits with breaks in between. Also swapped Tokugawa RDA top for top-airflow Sapor - now bottom, side, and top airflow.

No pic. It's not very photogenic. Lools like a jelly roll.

Thought there was nothing left to do with these coils, but this opens up a whole new range of experience!

basically im going to have two 24/32g staggered clapton wires on the outside and two reg 24g wires in between them. then i am going to fuse all four cores together. hoping this creates a resivior inside the wire where the non clapton core wires are. they wont have outter wraps and will have the fused wire over them which should creat that resivoir. i watched some build videos and this looks like a winner of a build. ill be sure to get pics.

Please link, like to view them.

oh and i found the best fucking thing for anyone who hates dealing with wire and their fucking spools! do yourself a favor and cop a “spool tamer”!!! mine is on the way. goodbye to wire getting away from you and unspooling all over the place.

Spool tamers work well - though not for exotic wire, IME. Beadalon has other tools and jigs that you might find interesting. That's where the stove-top jig comes from.

Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
Used last length of AVS quad-core clapton to wrap a massive level 3 coil for temp control. Each level has five wraps, 0.6 Ohms. Loading more concentrate is possible and on TC, multiple hits with breaks in between. Also swapped Tokugawa RDA top for top-airflow Sapor - now bottom, side, and top airflow.

No pic. It's not very photogenic. Lools like a jelly roll.

Thought there was nothing left to do with these coils, but this opens up a whole new range of experience!

Please link, like to view them.

Spool tamers work well - though not for exotic wire, IME. Beadalon has other tools and jigs that you might find interesting. That's where the stove-top jig comes from.

please post pic of your level 3 quad core clapton. do you find, with that much more metal, that you detect any metal flavor? i always try to use as little wire as possible to get the coil im dreaming up.

i will def share pics when i get some shit built.

i wasnt planning on usig the spool tamer for spools of prebuilt wire. but now im wondering why it doesnt work...? the exotic wire too stiff for it? could the tamer be tightened even more to hold a more robust wire in place? and they make a stovetop jig? whats it called? is it “stovetop jig”? lol

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

please post pic of your level 3 quad core clapton. do you find, with that much more metal, that you detect any metal flavor? i always try to use as little wire as possible to get the coil im dreaming up.

i will def share pics when i get some shit built.

i wasnt planning on usig the spool tamer for spools of prebuilt wire. but now im wondering why it doesnt work...? the exotic wire too stiff for it? could the tamer be tightened even more to hold a more robust wire in place? and they make a stovetop jig? whats it called? is it “stovetop jig”? lol

7yRlJtd.jpg

CObKXfH.jpg

In all its glory. Even when they're not pretty, getting these to fire is an interesting challenge. The concentric coils can't touch each other at any point. The point of this one was to make a tight, full-length third level. Cut new tubes from telescoping rod. Wanted a lot of wire to wick up a larger amount of concentrate - just a proof of concept.

Hard time finding pre-built wire in stock. Might have to take the plunge into DIY. That particular rabbit hole is getting more difficult to resist.

With the spool tamer, it's probably just the stiffness. These were designed for thin, artistic wire. The jig is called a spiral maker.

2clicker

Observer
still waiting on my sandvik wire from kidney puncher. apparently they take a min to get orders out.

anyway all ive got is LV 316L in 26g so i got a hair up my ass to build and for some reason i went with another of my staggered clapton w/reg level 2 inner. then mounted it in the VVM and its been pretty anazing so far.

BNWDwAv.jpg

V1BCJoH.jpg

TATArPY.jpg

i was really able to dial this one in. cant wait to try my builds with a DNA device. about DNA devices... i just ordered one! lol

i have been mulling over which DNA device to get to start my DNA journey, but finding the right combo of features in a device proved difficult. firstly it must be DNA75 or better. second requirement was for it to be similar/not muchbigger than the Evic minis im used to. and i preferred a single cell device. so after taking all of this into consideration it came down to about 5 dif mods. i ended up copping a Volcano Lava Box DNA75 from VapeNW for $52 shipped!

its easily the cheapest DNA75 device available. it def fits my size requirements and cell capacity. also the reviews go on about how well made the mod is. it looks nice too. i got the black on. the idea for getting an older mod is that im not yet happy with the expensive DNA offerings currently available for whatever reason. and im being told there are tons of new DNA mods coming in 2018 and to wait. so basically i got the Lava Box mini to get my feet wet with DNA until i find the really nice device im after. the chip alone in the Lava Box is $50 directly from Evolv. so i got the mod body for $1.90! worst case is i hate the mod and can put the chip into another body if needed.

so now i can give DNA a shot. i can set the TC to vape at 30watts, but program a 50watt warmup for the first second of the hit. cant wait to try TC done right.

LINK TO LAVA BOX MINI 75

from what i understand this is a HELLUVA deal on a really solid DNA device.

Deleted Member 1643

That's a nice one, very colorful! Bet it would vape nic juice well, too.

Sometimes, you just want to build something new, even if you don't need it. So, have you ever considered making the inner coil a staggered clapton as well (that is, an inception coil)?

That was the thought process. Couldn't get the outer coil to heat significantly, so "discovered" inception coils. (Had seen Rip Tripper's tutorial earlier, but thought it was hopelessly complicated. It's really just challenging enough to be fun. Especially clearing up the inevitable shorts and seeing it light up for the first time.) Then thought, this coil would be even better if both inner and outer wicked.

Should do a tutorial, but no idea how to shoot video. (Interest in technology is very selective.) All you need is a telescoping rod - an antenna, pointer or roach clip - and a cheap, little tube cutter from the local hardware shop. Or a hacksaw. (Dying for someone else to try this.)

Good luck with the Lava Box! Almost picked up a larger version at one point. AVS was selling them, oddly enough. Don't usually sell mods - must've liked them. Haven't looked into making profiles on the DNA chip.

Should try to unload this Athena mod. The stab wood is real pretty, but it's temperamental and stupid big - and heavy, and poorly-balanced. An impulse purchase. The 26650 appears to have little added value over the 18650.

So, wrapped another tight alienception. Level 1 = 3 wraps, L2 = 3 wraps, and L3 = 2 wraps (all on last 5" wire shot). Best yet, but one of the leads is too short and fraying. Can it be saved?

Deleted Member 1643,

Deleted Member 1643

Gif of a new level 4.

m4klE0k.gif

Nearly out of wire. This is AVS twisted fused clapton, whatever that means. It's round, thin and springy. Lots of wraps, too - 4,5,3, and 3. Weighs in at 1.6 Ohms, 150W above. This is more of a 4-5 second hit. Reasonably flavorful. Little left over. Like the hit spread out, but would prefer to power down the alienceptions. Don't like the springiness.

Might have to take the plunge into wire-building.

Would love to see an action shot of your coil.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
Gif of a new level 4.

m4klE0k.gif

Nearly out of wire. This is AVS twisted fused clapton, whatever that means. It's round, thin and springy. Lots of wraps, too - 4,5,3, and 3. Weighs in at 1.6 Ohms, 150W above. This is more of a 4-5 second hit. Reasonably flavorful. Little left over. Like the hit spread out, but would prefer to power down the alienceptions. Don't like the springiness.

Might have to take the plunge into wire-building.

Would love to see an action shot of your coil.

well my coil wont glow at all when in temp mode so not much to watch really. and when i dry burn a 316L coil its a faint glow. never red/white hot. thats oxidation temps there partner. you dont want you SS glowing bright at all.

i could post a video of the coil vaping a dab, but then id waste a dab... ugh

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

thats oxidation temps there partner. you dont want you SS glowing bright at all.

Yeah - blasted the oxidation off ultrasonically before use. You'd never be able to see or fix the shorts without letting the coil glow. The process stiffens the coil nicely so that new shorts are less likely.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
Yeah - blasted the oxidation off ultrasonically before use. You'd never be able to see or fix the shorts without letting the coil glow. The process stiffens the coil nicely so that new shorts are less likely.

ahhh ok i see. not a bad idea!

you can see hot spots with a faint glow and without it getting into oxide territory, but i do like the idea of just giving it hell and using an ultrasonic cleaner on them. how long does it take to get the oxidation off? and wouldnt torching them bright red hot do the same thing? may be quicker yo build it, torch it, and install it last.

im very interested in how well the ultrasonic cleaner works for this!

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

how long does it take to get the oxidation off? and wouldnt torching them bright red hot do the same thing? may be quicker yo build it, torch it, and install it last.

im very interested in how well the ultrasonic cleaner works for this!

Seems to work great, and small ultrasonic cleaners are relatively inexpensive. There's an FC resource on it. Been using Dark Crystal Clear as a cleaning solution for 15 minutes and cleaning frequently.

It can be difficult to see the shorts on these coils. Sometimes they're buried in an inner layer. But eventually, always seem able to fix them.

Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
Seems to work great, and small ultrasonic cleaners are relatively inexpensive. There's an FC resource on it. Been using Dark Crystal Clear as a cleaning solution for 15 minutes and cleaning frequently.

It can be difficult to see the shorts on these coils. Sometimes they're buried in an inner layer. But eventually, always seem able to fix them.

ive got a small ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning coils after they gunk up, but it never really worked like i thought or wanted it to. also i think mine has a max time of 5 mins. so id have to keep restarting it. maybe i need to get one with a longer timer...?

and what is this dark crystal clear?

i wonder if hot water and PBW would work.

2clicker,

Deleted Member 1643

The take-away from @t-dub's post was that you need a cleaner that operates at 40,000Hz. Dark Crystal Clear is a natural detergent popular for cleaning concentrate residue. An acidic oxidation remover would probably be a better cleaning solution. Don't know anything about PBW.

Deleted Member 1643,

2clicker

Observer
The take-away from @t-dub's post was that you need a cleaner that operates at 40,000Hz. Dark Crystal Clear is a natural detergent popular for cleaning concentrate residue. An acidic oxidation remover would probably be a better cleaning solution. Don't know anything about PBW.

PBW is the best solution for your dirty glass. there is a very lengthy thread here about it. its the stuff that brewers use to sanitize their vessels. it will clean nasty glass in minutes. its amazing shit. but requires very hot water to be that effective.

i like the idea of this stuff youre talking about tho. ill probably give it a shot.

2clicker,
Top Bottom