• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

"Addicted" because you vape every day?

Mr.Sifter

Good for you.

But is the time without weed the same compared to the time with?
Can you relax just as good?
Do you wish you could consume then ?

I dont believe any daily toker that the enjoy some time without herb.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
That being said, one complaint over regular use of cannabis used to be called the anti-motivational syndrome. Some say long-term use of cannabis might cause some disassociation from the reality of having to move forward in life. Some also have a reduced affect which makes it hard to emotionally engage with others. Finally, there may be executive function issues where, like in addiction, there seems no path forward. All these things look like they might be a part of what you're going through. With the additional stressor of a break-up, your coping mechanisms might not be healthy enough to overcome the problem.

I think, and there are some studies implying this too, that these problems you're speaking about are not cannabis caused, but vice versa. These problems are mental related, due to one or more not treated illnesses like depression, ADHD, schizophrenia, ... and/or a complex interaction of them. And the use of cannabis is some kind of self medication.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Good for you.

You can be a daily toker without being an all day toker though.

Like everything, some will embrace moderation and others will take it too far.

For some people it's easier to quit entirely than cut back, the "all or nothing" group.

I vape all day myself so I can relate though.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter

this a one theory.
it disables the theory of the a-motivational syndrome.
what comes first.
the chicken or the egg ?

does weed end personal development or do be people with peronality devolopment proplems use cannabis ?

no one knows.

this does not claim to be true for everyone.
there seems to be a vulnerability trait in some people.

I really would like cannabis to be my cure.
maybe I have to accept that it is my poison.

hoohoobooboo

Do you think many of us are cannabis addicts in denial? I guess that could be true from a certain perspective but to me that seems like an exaggeration.
I wouldn't consider the drinkers I mentioned alcoholics because they seem reasonably healthy and happy and "functional". I'm not an expert so I can't really judge.

I'd argue yes...

I got to a point where i was vaping every eveing but was sure I was addicted.

After a few months, i was low on my stash and was anxious about running out. This was a bit of a wake up call to me so I decided to try and not vape that evening...

COULD NOT SLEEP lol - so what did i do..... vaped!

I now practice tolerance breaks and suggest you do the same. You'll weed will last longer, you'll get higher quicker and if you're caught out low on stash you won't panic :-)

Mr.Sifter

stash is not the proplem here.

its the use.
some people feel like a "more whole person" when they use.

are they "defect" because they use or do they use because they treat their illness.

and whats the cure ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: uncanni

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
this a one theory.
it disables the theory of the a-motivational syndrome.
what comes first.
the chicken or the egg ?

does weed end personal development or do be people with peronality devolopment proplems use cannabis ?

no one knows.

this does not claim to be true for everyone.
there seems to be a vulnerability trait in some people.

I really would like cannabis to be my cure.
maybe I have to accept that it is my poison.

You're absolutely right.

I had to stop doing cannabis after 24 years of a daily use. After 3 clean months, for me I can say it is my cure.

Diddy

Good for you.

The same in what sense .....? If im an honest life can be just as good without herb . And yes I can relax just as good . With a clear head . Is it different than a herb smoker of course . But that doesn't make herb better .. do I wish I can consume when I'm not consuming no absolutely not I don't .... if I did I wouldn't be not consuming . I don't have a problem going off of herb and having a clear mind .... even though I'm someone that smokes every day and have been known to smoke all day I have no problem going clean and never coming back ...I actually enjoy a long breaks where I break free for a little while I come back because I choose to not because I miss it

Diddy,

EverythingsHazy

Do you think many of us are cannabis addicts in denial? I guess that could be true from a certain perspective but to me that seems like an exaggeration.
I wouldn't consider the drinkers I mentioned alcoholics because they seem reasonably healthy and happy and "functional". I'm not an expert so I can't really judge.
Yea, I think a lot of people here are addicted to Cannabis, especially those who use it all day.

I'm a daily user but I don't consider myself an addict ... why ....simply put .... because unlike the government would like everyone to believe I can quit weed whenever I feel like it ..... should've been around when I tried quitting smoking and drinking now that's another story
If im an honest life can be just as good without herb . And yes I can relax just as good ...do I wish I can consume when I'm not consuming no absolutely not I don't ... I don't have a problem going off of herb and having a clear mind .... even though I'm someone that smokes every day and have been known to smoke all day I have no problem going clean and never coming back ...I actually enjoy a long breaks where I break free for a little while I come back because I choose to not because I miss it

Would you be willing to not consume any form of Cannabis (and not replace it with something else) for the next two weeks, starting now, as an experiment?

You say that you enjoy life just as much, relax just as well, and don't have a problem with stopping, so it shouldn't be something you'd oppose.

Last edited:
EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Diddy

howie105

It's all about the individual and their quality of life. If one can't manage their use of something they have a problem if not rock on. My problem is being objective about myself in spite of the fact I am totally objective in judging others. Umm never mind.

howie105,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Diddy

Yea, I think a lot of people here are addicted to Cannabis, especially those who use it all day.

Would you be willing to not consume any form of Cannabis (and not replace it with something else) for the next two weeks, starting now, as an experiment?

You say that you enjoy life just as much, relax just as well, and don't have a problem with stopping, so it shouldn't be something you'd oppose.
Actually I can do that no problem I guess it's hard for some people to understand that not every cannabis smoker is the same .... and I'm sure I'm not the only one ... I can tell you my son smokes cannabis to and we are two opposite peoples when it comes to consuming and how we treat and how we act about cannibis ..and in my opinion this is merely an opinion you're truly not living if you think you need cannabis to live...and believe me I'm not against cannabis in anyway shape or form I use it and I've left it many a times out of choice ...there are plenty of ways in this world to live and relax and enjoy life without vaping a plant ...obviously you feel that that is a good challenge for me because it must be a difficult thing for you but just because it's a difficult thing for you doesn't mean it's difficult for other people

EverythingsHazy

Actually I can do that no problem I guess it's hard for some people to understand that not every cannabis smoker is the same .... and I'm sure I'm not the only one ... I can tell you my son smokes cannabis to and we are two opposite peoples when it comes to consuming and how we treat and how we act about cannibis ..and in my opinion this is merely an opinion you're truly not living if you think you need cannabis to live...and believe me I'm not against cannabis in anyway shape or form I use it and I've left it many a times out of choice ...there are plenty of ways in this world to live and relax and enjoy life without vaping a plant ...obviously you feel that that is a good challenge for me because it must be a difficult thing for you but just because it's a difficult thing for you doesn't mean it's difficult for other people
I agree that not all people are the same. I took a voluntary 199 day break in 2017, after years of daily use, so I know it's doable.

I think it's a good challenge, because I know a lot of people here refuse to take a break to even see if there is a possibility that it might be holding them back. When I mentioned that it could take several days to get back any energy that daily cannabis users might be lacking (skipping a day isn't enough to notice much of a difference at all), people replied with "if it takes a week I guess I'll never know". To me, that's foolish. If you can't take a week off to see if it improves your life in any way, that's an issue.

little maggie

Sorry I've just read the last page. So I'm wondering what you all are using for your definition of "addicted" Not to sound absurd but am I addicted to yoghurt because I have it every day for breakfast and am unhappy if I don't have it for some reason.

As for vaping- I generally do vape every day. Not all day but before bed. However I'm finally getting over pneumonia and while sick had no interest in vaping. I'm ready to start again but it's been since Christmas I've been on a vape holiday because of this. For me I usually feel better when I vape but I don't vape when I'm going to end up feeling worse.

uncanni

A friend told me of a recent article, among the list of yahoo news articles, that discussed marijuana addiction. The author implied that those who use cannabis each day would be considered addicted to marijuana.

Can you really judge addiction by frequency of use alone? If so then I would be addicted because I vape about .1 of a gram each evening (Maybe a bit more on weekends ;)) .

However, I'm able to maintain my life and job very well. In fact, I believe that my daily use contributes to my overall mental health by reducing stress and other bullshit in life.

I've had to travel and "go without" for weeks at a time, and while I'd rather have a session before bed, I wasn't twitching in the corner.

Am I addicted to marijuana?

An ignoramus wrote that article, probably someone who thinks the world is just fine as it is right now (except for those dangerous pot addicts).

And I agree with you: ALL CANNABIS IS MEDICINE.

Mr.Sifter

You're absolutely right.

I had to stop doing cannabis after 24 years of a daily use. After 3 clean months, for me I can say it is my cure.

can You explain this?
You took 3 month off (hehe, thats an "underworld" tune)
And now You say "it" is your cure.

what do you mean?
the 3 month are your cure or cannabis is your cure ?

Mr.Sifter,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Cannabis is my cure. That I can say after 3 month without it. Ok, I vaped once, on new year's eve.

I can't see any positive effects, like more energies to do things, or something like a clearer head.
Instead I can't sleep more than 5 hours, if I'm able to sleep. I have nightmares. Although I'm trying to compensate this with some exercise. I'm not able to concentrate on one thing longer than 5 minutes, not able to relaxe and watch a movie eg. I'm nervous and even some kind of coleric. And I'm doing things without thinking about first, some wired stuff I can't speak about here, or not as worse, ordering vapes I can't afford and even use right now. Like some kind of impulse control disease.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: uncanni

Mr.Sifter

Thank you for these honest words.
So you say you treat some kind of mental dysbalance with daily consumption?

How does your family and friends react to that?
Do you live in a legal state?

Have you found other cures to your symptoms?
Did these symptoms accur before you started consuming?
Or did weed made you a person who has to consume in order to feel okay?

Mr.Sifter,

howie105

I'm doing things without thinking about first, some wired stuff I can't speak about here,

As long as home isn't surrounded by angry people with pitchforks and torches it isn't as bad it could be.
iLSs3H4.png

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
It's illegal here and that's why I had to quit.

I've been a child with displaying behavioural problems. ADHD was diagnosed once, but at this time on this place, much people disclaimed even the existence of ADHD. Including my parents. As long as I can remember I had huge problems to fall asleep. So nearly from the day I tried cannabis for the first time, I did it on a daily base. At least before going to bed.

Another cure for some of my symptoms are amphetamines. Without I hadn't been able to pass my B.Sc.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I have various debilitating psychological issues ... borderline ADD, diagnosed bipolar type II rapid cycling, definite issues with depression and anxiety, etc., etc.

What is the solution? Likely long term psychotherapy, and even then (which I am doing, but my company will only pay for this out of pocket so long as it's not covered under any health care plans or insurance)

I spent years (about 5?) rarely using cannabis, sometimes going 3-4 weeks in between, my consumption was down to an oz or so a year. My drinking during this time got seriously out of control in an attempt to self-medicate my problems away since I wasn't using cannabis (due to stigma around it, and alcohol being more acceptable and easier). I've tried pharmaceuticals of various sorts, with much worse outcomes than cannabis, and almost as bad outcomes as alcohol at times (complete loss of motivation and desire to do anything and really just going through the motions but not caring about anything ... this was worse than drinking my problems away in a lot of ways where at least then I still felt things ...)

Cannabis, although I do use daily, and if I don't have it, I suffer withdrawal (psychological and some minor physical for a few days), I can stop (and do occasionally if I have to for travel), but it is unpleasant and my other symptoms come back with a vengeance. My desire to go back to alcohol gets much worse, which is not a good option. My cannabis usage interferes with my international travel, which isn't great, but apart from the lack of hot vacations, there's not any consequence to this; pharmaceuticals interfere with my everyday life and relationships, and so does alcohol, although they do not affect my international travel :hmm:

So am I addicted, definitely, or maybe more accurately I am dependent (not addicted, there is a difference). Will I one day not use all day every day? I hope so, that is the goal of my personal work and psychotherapy; if I do mange this, I will get a lot more benefit recreationally and socially from cannabis which I do miss. Should I stop using cannabis because I am dependent on it in the meantime even though it is the most effective thing I've found to-date to treat my debilitating symptoms (that interfere and can ruin my job, family and relationships, everything, ...)?

Anyways ... I've been coming back and reading this thread fairly often, and thought I should throw in my 2 cents; I definitely don't agree with a lot of what is said, and I definitely don't agree with feeling guilty about one's cannabis usage because of others' perceptions ... There seems to be a pretty big hang-up on whether it's an addiction or not ... I think the larger question is, is that addiction, dependence, usage, whatever, a larger net positive or net negative to your life?

little maggie

If a medication provides treatment for something would we call that dependence? I don't think of myself as dependent on insulin even though I take it every day or have negative symptoms. I think that's true for cannabis.
Jcat- I know how important and effective long term therapy can be. I spent years in therapy and I am grateful for it. If they had used the lavel when I was young I would have been diagnosed asperger's and I no longer fit that. I know it is acceptable now to be an aspie but I like who i am better.
But, I've never heard of rapid cycling bipolar disorder being treatable by therapy. I know of many cases where people are given that diagnosis who have a history of childhood trauma and that's entirely different and is treatable. But typical bipolar disorder is more physiological.

little maggie,

Mr.Sifter

Mr Sifter was so clever to tell his psychotherapist that he uses cannabis daily.
BOOM, sifter will loose his therapy place because "we cant work on your problems when you keep numbing yourself down with this stuff".......

sifter: but it helps me to get along with myself...

door closes....

sifter: would it be okay if I vape a bowl?

girlfriend: "do want you want (angry). You should be content to be with me but you need you stupid drug to hide your problems. You should be able to relax and focus without cannabis"

Last edited:

Tranquility

Mr Sifter was so clever to tell his psychotherapist that he uses cannabis daily.
BOOM, sifter will loose his therapy place because "we cant work on your problems when you keep numbing yourself down with this stuff".......

door closes....
Is there anyone (other than yourself), that knows of your cannabis usage and does not think it a negative in your life? If they are positive contributors in your life you need to talk with them and find out why.

Otherwise:
https://www.theravive.com/therapedia/cannabis-use-disorder-dsm--5,-305.20,-304.30

Symptoms of Cannabis Use Disorder
According to the DSM-5, (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition) the criteria for Cannabis Use Disorder is as follows:

1. Use of cannabis for at least a one year period, with the presence of at least two of the following symptoms, accompanied by significant impairment of functioning and distress:
  2. Difficulty containing use of cannabis- the drug is used in larger amounts and over a longer period than intended.
  3. Repeated failed efforts to discontinue or reduce the amount of cannabis that is used
  4. An inordinate amount of time is occupied acquiring, using, or recovering from the effects of cannabis.
  5. Cravings or desires to use cannabis. This can include intrusive thoughts and images, and dreams about cannabis, or olfactory perceptions of the smell of cannabis, due to preoccupation with cannabis.
  6. Continued use of cannabis despite adverse consequences from its use, such as criminal charges, ultimatums of abandonment from spouse/partner/friends, and poor productivity.
  7. Other important activities in life, such as work, school, hygiene, and responsibility to family and friends are superseded by the desire to use cannabis.
  8. Cannabis is used in contexts that are potentially dangerous, such as operating a motor vehicle.
  9. Use of cannabis continues despite awareness of physical or psychological problems attributed to use- e.g., anergia, amotivation, chronic cough.
  10. Tolerance to Cannabis, as defined by progressively larger amounts of cannabis are needed to obtain the psychoactive effect experienced when use first commenced, or, noticeably reduced effect of use of the same amount of cannabis
  11. Withdrawal, defined as the typical withdrawal syndrome associate with cannabis, or cannabis or a similar substance is used to prevent withdrawal symptoms.

Tranquility,
Reactions: asdf420

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

door closes....

Have heard this from several friends. "Your depression is drug related." "But I have depressions as long as I can remember, tried to commit suicide with 14, had not drunk even a beer at this age." "Your depression is drug related."

Me for myself went to a therapist about 20 years ago. "Are you doing drugs?" "For my relations I drink quite some beer this times, about 3-5 liters a day." "No, I'm talking about drugs." Ended up with a prescription for Venlafaxin. What a filth. Took one pill, never a second and never went to a therapist again.

Dirtrider

Symptoms of Cannabis Use Disorder
According to the DSM-5, (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition) the criteria for Cannabis Use Disorder is as follows:

1. Use of cannabis for at least a one year period, with the presence of at least two of the following symptoms, accompanied by significant impairment of functioning and distress:
  2. Difficulty containing use of cannabis- the drug is used in larger amounts and over a longer period than intended.
  3. Repeated failed efforts to discontinue or reduce the amount of cannabis that is used
  4. An inordinate amount of time is occupied acquiring, using, or recovering from the effects of cannabis.
  5. Cravings or desires to use cannabis. This can include intrusive thoughts and images, and dreams about cannabis, or olfactory perceptions of the smell of cannabis, due to preoccupation with cannabis.
  6. Continued use of cannabis despite adverse consequences from its use, such as criminal charges, ultimatums of abandonment from spouse/partner/friends, and poor productivity.
  7. Other important activities in life, such as work, school, hygiene, and responsibility to family and friends are superseded by the desire to use cannabis.
  8. Cannabis is used in contexts that are potentially dangerous, such as operating a motor vehicle.
  9. Use of cannabis continues despite awareness of physical or psychological problems attributed to use- e.g., anergia, amotivation, chronic cough.
  10. Tolerance to Cannabis, as defined by progressively larger amounts of cannabis are needed to obtain the psychoactive effect experienced when use first commenced, or, noticeably reduced effect of use of the same amount of cannabis
  11. Withdrawal, defined as the typical withdrawal syndrome associate with cannabis, or cannabis or a similar substance is used to prevent withdrawal symptoms.

Replace the term cannabis with the term exercise or video games or rich(fatty/spicy) foods or social media.
With this list seems like anything could be considered a disorder - or nothing depending on how you define impairment of function and distress. I know someone who is probably addicted to cannabis but I assure you he is not in distress or even 'significant impairment'.

Top Bottom