About NewFC: how we got here and where we hope to go

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo, would you consider extending the Edit time for Conversations to 20 (at minimum) or 30 min.? Quite often, I'll send a pm, then think about it & have an after- thought I want to include & have just missed the Edit timeframe by up to 3 min.

Is there a way to get feedback if a pm was seen or not like on IG?

I don't know of any way to check whether a PM has been read. I'll extend the PM edit time to 20 minutes.

I think I've fixed the scrollbar issue for Firefox and for Webkit browsers. If anyone still has issues let me know, but be sure to tell me what style and browser you're using.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@pakalolo, thank you for the increased edit time.

Is there a way to have an edited post have a re-alert triggered if a member is tagged after the fact and/or if a phrase like "edited to add:" is added? My guess is this is too sophisticated for the software.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo, thank you for increased on edit time.

Is there a way to have an edited post have a re-alert triggered if a member is tagged after the fact and/or if a phrase like "edited to add:" is added? My guess is this is too sophisticated for the software.

No, there's no setting for that. It's always been like that and I find it frustrating too.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I moderate a forum where post-merge is automatic. Do we have that option in the new feature set @Stu?

I don't see that option, but...

giphy.gif

Did you forget? :leaf::brow:

Summer,

unsorted

Well here's another one for the "yeah, but what about this other thing" pile. On old FC, one could merely point at the alerts/notification icon and a flyout box would appear with the clickable info. Now I have to click the notification (how awful) to get the alerts. Is the flyout available in the new software?

unsorted,

Summer

Long Island, NY
^^ I'm using a phone so I've always had to click twice. :D

Last edited:
Summer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well here's another one for the "yeah, but what about this other thing" pile. On old FC, one could merely point at the alerts/notification icon and a flyout box would appear with the clickable info. Now I have to click the notification (how awful) to get the alerts. Is the flyout available in the new software?

This is a design change that is not implemented as an option. There was some debate about this and you can see the outcome. I don't like it either. There is an add-on that might help but I'm waiting on the developer to clarify that for me.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Anyone accidentally clicking this link like I keep doing?
20033112-AEB4-4530-967E-86367503EF45.jpeg
And then the flyout comes out, and I try to I click the check mark to undo it, but it just marks everything as already read. Luckily most threads are only 1-2 pages right now so it isn’t too hard to figure out the last post I read. But I can see this being a pain for me in the future.

Jill NYC,

Mr. Me2

@pakalolo and @Stu , can a New Threads link be added?

That way I don’t have to keep scrolling through each forum to see if I missed any adds...

Mr. Me2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo and @Stu , can a New Threads link be added?

That way I don’t have to keep scrolling through each forum to see if I missed any adds...

Click on What's New. If you're interested in a specific forum then you can watch it and that will pick up new threads.

Another thing you can do is click on What's New, select New Posts, and on that page in the upper right of the list is a filter. Select that and choose the options that suit you.

And then the flyout comes out, and I try to I click the check mark to undo it, but it just marks everything as already read. Luckily most threads are only 1-2 pages right now so it isn’t too hard to figure out the last post I read. But I can see this being a pain for me in the future.

That's poorly designed in my opinion. Don't try to uncheck the box. Close it with the X in the upper right. I've modified the text to warn people.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thanks @Stu. The only forum I didn't search. Seems odd/counter-intuitive that it's in the Vaporizer forum & not in it's own forum like on legacy FC, especially since the asked questions don't only pertain to vapes. :thinker:

And, I'd like to port the thread over

my question is, is there a need to &, if so, would it go in Community since there no longer is a Lobby forum?

BWT, I request that, at your earliest convenience, of course, you move your thread

over. I want to post in it.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks @Stu. The only forum I didn't search. Seems odd/counter-intuitive that it's in the Vaporizer forum & not in it's own forum like on legacy FC, especially since the asked questions don't only pertain to vapes. :thinker:

And, I'd like to port the thread over

my question is, is there a need to &, if so, would it go in Community since there no longer is a Lobby forum?

BWT, I request that, at your earliest convenience, of course, you move your thread

over. I want to post in it.

Ask NewFC is in the same place that Ask FC was. I'll let @Stu speak to why.

A sandbox thread is useful and I'll make one in Community. The Lobby probably won't be recreated.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@pakalolo - i am noticing that the user name is no longer at the bottom of the post again. Is that intentional or accidental?

Jill NYC,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So one thing I noticed, in the notifications list, the preview drop-down not clicking through to the full alerts page, it takes longer for it to reset than old FC... Like last night I was up to date on my alerts, then this morning I have 10, but scrolling down I see more than 10 still... Like it had three for the same thread, but two of them are old that had already clicked on... So old FC would have just shown me the 10 new alerts (the only time it wouldn't, as if it was super recent) I saw a setting that maybe I should try though... TBD

Top Bottom