2ZM by Herbaltherm

PossumMD

Just don't twist it in the device.

I got what I paid for (a little later than expected but whatever), so I can't really complain. Hopefully it doesn't break but it seems fairly diyable, as long as he follows through on repair video/explanations I'm happy.

edit: And now they're limited edition!
I don't see how having to change a technique so engrained it has a term named after the brand is a good thing. I sure as shit would do it given how long I've used my rbt devices this way.

PossumMD,
Reactions: stonedBBer

PossumMD

This is the type of stance that allows for the shoddy work and poor behavior to continue. These devices are not being sold as beta units...
Especially given the forum post, from what I'm reading the coil and the metal plate on top are the only things that don't need refinement. That doesn't sound complete at all. I'd be a lot more understanding if it was made clear they were beta products, but that is very much not the case here.

PossumMD,
Reactions: stonedBBer

popitup

This thread has veered from objective criticism of the 2ZM to speculation muddled with drama.

Does anyone that is talking negative about the fit and finish actually have one of these in-hand? Or are these claims from snooping instagram?

Here are some close up picture of my device if anyone wants to point out the flaws. Reiterating: this is higher quality finishing than most of the wooden vapes I own.

I received one of the earlier units, and by Ryan's own account, he's not a skilled woodworker, but I think these pictures speak for themselves. Multiple different wood species butted up with very small tolerances.

Anyway... addressing some of the drama, I'm keeping my preorder. It's a long and bumpy road, with some delays and changes, but it's like buying a lotto ticket, and you might get something exciting at the end. Ryan has never straight-up taken my money and provided nothing in return. He has sat on my money for months, and he has under-delivered on occasion, but as someone else in these forums said, "I knew who Ryan was when I put my money in."

There is a reason he hasn't maintained many good relationships with vendors and makers. There is a reason RBT doesn't exist, and he's banned from these forums. There is a reason bringing in Yoosh to help with CS built confidence in the general community.

Keep this in mind if buying a lotto ticket.

The epoxy thing is concerning. Why didn't the design consider a notch/grove or something that doesn't require additional materials?

PossumMD

Does anyone that is talking negative about the fit and finish actually have one of these in-hand? Or are these claims from snooping instagram?

One page back, @Zillacon has reported issues with theirs. Also, Ryan himself has said this:

2. Insufficient capital / time available to make "factory made" appearance / technology

And for what it's worth, there are some flaws on yours, but nothing I would be particularly concerned about myself. It's why I asked for photos, most I've seen have looked fine, so I'm interested see how it can go wrong cos there were definitely a number of poorly made rbt devices back in the day.

popitup

One page back, @Zillacon has reported issues with theirs. Also, Ryan himself has said this:

2. Insufficient capital / time available to make "factory made" appearance / technology
Good points.

I'm interested see how it can go wrong cos there were definitely a number of poorly made rbt devices back in the day.
It started to feel like general criticism was ramping up the past few pages, but this is a valid concern.

popitup,
Reactions: Octavia

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't see how having to change a technique so engrained it has a term named after the brand is a good thing. I sure as shit would do it given how long I've used my rbt devices this way.

I believe in the past it actually had come up that this could be a potential issue, in a few ways, but it was said that ideal practice would be to remove the stem a bit when you are doing the old rotate during a bowl, instead of trying to turn it completely inserted up against the ground glass etc. so this is not exactly a new situation here imo

The epoxy thing is concerning. Why didn't the design consider a notch/grove or something that doesn't require additional materials?

I don't know how concerning exactly per se, but I will say it is a bit disappointing, to see that the epoxy was still necessary in his builds here... Just from looking at it, I thought the top plate screwing down, was there to hold the glass in, yeah that there was some sort of notch design in place to prevent it from turning or twisting freely, that the benefit now would be easy replacement of glass parts as needed... Seems like it is primarily to protect top of the glass though?

PossumMD

I would recommend everyone to read the continuous improvement thread on the 2ZM.

I would be interested to hear what people think.
Already commented on this. The unfinished state that those posts seem to indicate the units are in should've been made known from the start. I don't mind being a beta tester, but I'd like to know I'm doing it before I put down any cash.

coolbreeze

I would recommend everyone to read the continuous improvement thread on the 2ZM.

I would be interested to hear what people think.
Mine is in the current batch so it should have the right buttons, more epoxy, and the fuse--I'm hopeful that it will be solid.

Top Bottom