• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

1oz Abv (heavily Vaped)

Petunia Vanish

Running herbalaire h3 .2-.4 in crucible bag @ 375 (twice) then 400(convection)

Once I get enough of that abv to fill the entire unit without the crucible (Expresso mode)

I fill 1 nasty Smoky bag (conduction) THEN DUMP INTO A JAR.

I've tried recipes before but they just make my farts and poop smell like pot and turn green/black (not my favorite color: brown)

Any ideas on how to make this into something useful and relatively easily too?!

Thanks fellow vapers

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I use my Elev8r on a water piece to vape large bowls of avb and it's very effective and pure convection

Diggy Smalls,

blackstone

Lawn enrichment: Apply at a rate of one jar per lawn.

Angels wishes: Disperse liberally into the air outdoors, best effects are achieved in daylight on a breezy day.

Both of these have the added bonus of imagining the police on their hands and knees trying to recover it afterwards.

Neighbourhood suspicion arouser: Place ABV in an open fire and lol at the thought of people catching a smell of it miles away.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I consume my ABV and it is heavily vaped to dark brown. I call it CBD. Puts me right to sleep.

TommyDee,

CurryLeafTreehugger

WATER WASH FIRST. All that nasty greenish black guck that gets washed away takes the nasty flavors with it. What is left is about the color of hay, and about 1/3rd the original volume, which effectively concentrates the THC so its about as strong as normal weed (per volume).

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: TommyDee

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've twice tried making cannabutter and cannapalm oil with ABV, both times when I had like two ounces. So much gets absorbed that even with strong squeezing--which most recipes say not to do--I got surprisingly little finished product. And it wasn't all that good. Ever since I started getting legal weed--and concentrates and edibles--in Canada or in the next state, it just isn't worth it. Only good cannabutter I've had in a couple of years a buddy and I made from the trim and shake from his excellent homegrown. And that stuff rocked.

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Relaxed

CurryLeafTreehugger

OLD HIPPIE TO THE RESCUE!!!!

There are at least 3 recipes linked in that article for how to use ABV. ALL have you eating the ABV, hence my insistence on water-washing that stuff. You don't make cannaoil or butter with ABV (at least *I* don't), you put it in something oily/fatty and then eat it. I grind my (dry, post-wash) ABV to a fine powder in a cheap coffee grinder so I don't get weird fibery-stuff stuck in my teeth.

I keep meaning to add it to bacon grease when I'm making hash browns/country fries but I never manage to remember until afterwards LOL!

Right now I don't know where my last batch of water-washed ABV is, it's in a box somewhere, but I've got enough ABV now that it is high time (no pun intended) to water wash again. I think I'll be going for the ABV pizza soon ...

BTW I do not agree with Old Hippie that all the THC is gone out of ABV. If you were vaping it at a high enough temp for it to have all evaporated off, the ABV would be just ash. And if you water wash it, that concentrates the remaining THC (however much there is in there) so it's nearer to regular weed. Possibly weakish weed, but still.

C No Ego

OLD HIPPIE TO THE RESCUE!!!!

There are at least 3 recipes linked in that article for how to use ABV. ALL have you eating the ABV, hence my insistence on water-washing that stuff. You don't make cannaoil or butter with ABV (at least *I* don't), you put it in something oily/fatty and then eat it. I grind my (dry, post-wash) ABV to a fine powder in a cheap coffee grinder so I don't get weird fibery-stuff stuck in my teeth.

I keep meaning to add it to bacon grease when I'm making hash browns/country fries but I never manage to remember until afterwards LOL!

Right now I don't know where my last batch of water-washed ABV is, it's in a box somewhere, but I've got enough ABV now that it is high time (no pun intended) to water wash again. I think I'll be going for the ABV pizza soon ...

BTW I do not agree with Old Hippie that all the THC is gone out of ABV. If you were vaping it at a high enough temp for it to have all evaporated off, the ABV would be just ash. And if you water wash it, that concentrates the remaining THC (however much there is in there) so it's nearer to regular weed. Possibly weakish weed, but still.
I vape the max out of my ABV with a fury vape and Bubbler ... the ABV is dark and still has actives in ther... I started mixing CBD weed with my THC so my last edible a few days ago was 8.5 grams ... just added to peanut butter and added lecithin and fresh ground peppercorn and olive oil and butter and last some raw honey ... made a great breakfast ... I do not really care if it tastes like ABV, it is roasty tasting .
effect were quite good @ a few hours like maybe 5 hours... the trick is to let the ABV absorb into some fat

tokenknifeguy

ABV weed won't ever be as strong as making an edible with weed you haven't vaped yet (but only decarbed).

Also I would do the water wash as others have mentioned and then add some everclear or some vodka (highest % of alcohol you can get) and then extract out the goodies and filter it. THen let that liquid evaporate and scrap up the remaining powder and then add that back to some butter or food or whatever you gonna use to eat it. Personally I would just make sure I vaped my bud until it was very very dark brown and just dump it or save it for compost. If you want legit edibles, just use weed you haven't already vaped on and decarb it. It will turn out much better than abv edibles.

tokenknifeguy,

CurryLeafTreehugger

Of course ABV is weaker than fresh weed. However water washing concentrates the THC that is left by a considerable amount, I was left with 1/3 by weight of the starting material. I've never had my water washed ABV tested but its certainly potent enough.

If you want to compost that, feel free.

CurryLeafTreehugger,

Greenscreen

Do you find that all abv goes dark brown?

I find some refuses to go dark unless it's on super high temps, where the taste is to foul for me

I just put 20 grams of ABV into 250g of butter but with 14g of low quality trim.

The butter is so green and I just tried a small bit and I'm absolutely toasted already

I don't bother water curing. I just have a large pot when simmering and ensure there's a lot of water in there aswell as butter

Seems to work well. Butter doesn't taste to bad
Has anyone got a water cure recipe? I might try next time

My abv is not dark brown that regularly but even if it was, I would still never compost it!

Would love to know the levels of CBD in an abv edible compared to THC

I'm yet to have a disappointing experience from an AVB edible

But I do always make them on the stronger side for that reason....

My herbal valium I call my abv Eddie's!!

👽

Greenscreen,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

It actually work as fish food haha?
fish have an endocannabinoid system too !

@Greenscreen if the type cannabis is of the THC varietal then ther will be no CBD conversion in there ETC ...THC does not convert to THC ... CBD does require a higher heat point to release compared to THC however the particular varietal will determine if CBD is in there or not ... ABV will be converted THC that is to CBN and that is the relaxing compound that effects the person @ that point. I doubt there is a need to water cure, just add some flavoring to mask ABV flaovr if it bothers you ... nothing like those weed farts that are loaded with ABV gas

LesPlenty

Company Rep
2 to 3 tablespoons of finely ground ABV added to a chocolate thick shake is my friend's preferred method of consumption.
I have added finely ground abv flour (replace 1/3 of normal flour in any recipe) to a brownie recipe that used cannabutter as well...made the same friend trippy!

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've twice tried making cannabutter and cannapalm oil with ABV, both times when I had like two ounces. So much gets absorbed that even with strong squeezing--which most recipes say not to do--I got surprisingly little finished product. And it wasn't all that good. Ever since I started getting legal weed--and concentrates and edibles--in Canada or in the next state, it just isn't worth it. Only good cannabutter I've had in a couple of years a buddy and I made from the trim and shake from his excellent homegrown. And that stuff rocked.

I suggest you pick up a potato ricer which looks like a giant garlic press. I get a lot more oil squeezed out this way, without cheesecloth, it's a great little investment if you're into edibles.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Best way to use your abv and get best yield is an ethanol wash. Then evaporate your alcohol and you can add to any fat, or oil for cooking. Way easier to dose this way. :tup: :D

Could you detail the specifics on how this is done? thank you!

jeffp,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: jeffp

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Could you detail the specifics on how this is done? thank you!
Just make a basic tincture using ethanol or Everclear. Filter the Abv, I use a strainer first, then a coffee filter. Then just take your filtered alcohol mixture and place in a double boiler and evaporate the mix on low simmer. Alcohol boils off at 173.1 degrees, Thc boils at a higher temp ( lots of discussion on this temperature, it's higher than 315). Make sure there is plenty ventilation ! :lol: That shit is explosive ! It will boil down to a thick black goo. I then add my butter, or coconut oil, and Lecithin to the mix and stir over the double boiler for a couple minutes to incorporate. This is just a basic instruction. It's easy to figure out your dosage if you know your starting weight of your weed, and the Thc and Cbd test results (most dispensaries have that info on their product ). I always cool my butter/oil before baking to bring it back to a solid state. Especially cookies, otherwise you'll get a flatter cookie. :D If you want to save money on Everclear you can get a condensing unit and recycle your alcohol for further use. :clap: I use to mess around trying to strain my abv from the butter. I used a potato ricer but then I kept getting that real fine grit. If you do a tincture I've found way better taste in my baked goods, no abv burps or farts ! :tup:

Top Bottom