Discontinued Zion vaporizer

thekarmawhore

This recent post from another thread would suggest that you don't think the Zion hits hard enough, or at least as hard as some plugins. Is that a fair assessment?

I'm no expert but I'll be quite surprised if the Zion is ever accused of being underpowered. Thing kicks like a grumpy mule, if anything there's too much top end in some of these early units.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This recent post from another thread would suggest that you don't think the Zion hits hard enough, or at least as hard as some plugins. Is that a fair assessment?

Absolutely not! If she does one thing extremely well, it's hit me hard! I'm uploading a video of my session last night right now. I suck at videos, and the exhales were huge but didn't show up on camera, but the bubbler shows off the milk. It's a pretty boring 13 minute video of the whole session and my comments throughout. I am going to post it for @RastaBuddhaTao and @thekarmawhore to look at in private. If they want me to post it here, I will.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Absolutely not! If she does one thing extremely well, it's hit me hard! I'm uploading a video of my session last night right now. I suck at videos, and the exhales were huge but didn't show up on camera, but the bubbler shows off the milk. It's a pretty boring 13 minute video of the whole session and my comments throughout. I am going to post it for @RastaBuddhaTao and @thekarmawhore to look at in private. If they want me to post it here, I will.

Good man @stickstones!

I'm sure we will appreciate whatever you put out.

It's a dirty job . . . . ;)

Cheers!

:peace:

HD Springer

So RBT if I read your earlier post about the open loop is increasing the temp the longer you press the button. For myself in the later part of my "session" the increased temp is a HUGE plus. I like to experience the whole spectrum that my bud has to offer.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Some notes from last night's session...

- I did the whole session between noon and one on the dial with a whole nug and got everything from early, wispy, tasty hits to end of session taste with dark abv.
- I did the whole session on a bubbler, and I needed it as I could feel it near the end of the session. But I expect this. The tweaks being made for temp control and taste improvement are on future units, not this one, so look for the other testers for their reports on updated versions.
- After the crumble the hits were massive. At one point I commented that these were top of the line desktop clouds I was getting off a portable. And they just kept coming.

So while this early build isn't going to win awards for taste or control, it absolutely clouds the room and knocks me upside the head! I was an absolute idiot afterward and could barely muster a three sentence post. High points for clouds and effects!

I hope this quenches some of your needs, and I'll have a video at some point if the makers want it!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Some notes from last night's session...

- I did the whole session between noon and one on the dial with a whole nug and got everything from early, wispy, tasty hits to end of session taste with dark abv.
- I did the whole session on a bubbler, and I needed it as I could feel it near the end of the session. But I expect this. The tweaks being made for temp control and taste improvement are on future units, not this one, so look for the other testers for their reports on updated versions.
- After the crumble the hits were massive. At one point I commented that these were top of the line desktop clouds I was getting off a portable. And they just kept coming.

So while this early build isn't going to win awards for taste or control, it absolutely clouds the room and knocks me upside the head! I was an absolute idiot afterward and could barely muster a three sentence post. High points for clouds and effects!

I hope this quenches some of your needs, and I'll have a video at some point if the makers want it!

Sounds more or less exactly what I was looking for from this guy, and the temp/taste tweaks will make me fall in love, and help it do better in group sessions (which is a big part of how ive been justifying this vas purchase...)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Absolutely not! If she does one thing extremely well, it's hit me hard! I'm uploading a video of my session last night right now.
Thanks, Sticks, sorry if I misconstrued your post. I'm trying to read tea leaves...

Now THAT's what I'm talkin about. If I had known I needed to throw a little "yo momma" out there I would have tried it earlier. :)
So, I think trying to tame the beast is a MUCH better place to be in than trying to coax it. I can manage a bit of a learning curve as long as the final experience is a good one.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
KP33pyq.jpg

NUjbWxu.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So here's the vid from last night's session. If you make it all the way through you are a champ or desperate!

Here's a pic of what the session started with.

KRviMxo.jpg

And here's the the video. The first five minutes is me hitting it with a full nug. At about 4:30 I crumble and the hits get good. But you won't see much due to the light colored wall. Focus on the bubbler and how it milks up there. I'll try to do another one with a black background. Also, I shot it in portrait because landscape would have just been more wall.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
She's a hot one. Jessica is a little more tame but might be still running a little hot as I didn't have the exact resistor that I needed to put it exactly where I wanted it. I personally think it's good to have more power than you need so if contact resistance changes or cold ambient conditions call for it. Let us see what the Pak man thinks.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So here's the vid from last night's session. If you make it all the way through you are a champ or desperate!
I'm not sure which I am, but... ;) I DID do a little fast forwarding.

So, I'm thinking that thing must be really light weight, until you said it was the 187v2 which is VERY heavy. Still, it allowed you to leave it off center with no hands, so it can't be TOO heavy. Can one of you guys approximate the weight?

Good video, thanks @stickstones

HD Springer

Both of my "on demand" vaporizers that I have left me wishing I could turn the heat up.
@stickstones thanks for the video.Looks like a sweet set up and a good presentation of what to expect.
I like what I've seen so far.A lot.
Now we wait for the "Pak-Man's" findings and report.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep

Here's a pic of what the session started with.

KRviMxo.jpg

And here's the the video. The first five minutes is me hitting it with a full nug. At about 4:30 I crumble and the hits get good. But you won't see much due to the light colored wall. Focus on the bubbler and how it milks up there. I'll try to do another one with a black background. Also, I shot it in portrait because landscape would have just been more wall.

"I'm trying to hit it hard and it's working"

I like it :tup:

Watched all 13mins 4secs in real time and no, it didn't suck.

Time well spent I'd say.

Very encouraging indeed.

We've all got our eye on (lion) Zion ;)

:peace:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can one of you guys approximate the weight?

Jessica, including batteries and stem, weighs 313.3 g (11.05 oz), but Jessica isn't a production model.

Now we wait for the "Pak-Man's" findings and report.

I'll ask you all for patience. I want some time alone with Jessica before I'll share with anyone, including the beta team.

Top Bottom