Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
^Wait until you get punched in the head by a Zion, if you have not already. The legend is real.....
That's what has kept me on this train.
Every time I'm @DieHard s hpuse if were using flower it's the zion.
In fact next time I see him I'm gonna pry that beast from him for a bit.
So I can get some training in for when mine arrives.
Wooooo Hoooooo zions are coming
Come on @RastaBuddhaTao Lets get this train Rollin

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Come on @RastaBuddhaTao Lets get this train Rollin

Great post man. Brings up an idea that I had in 2015 when waiting for the Zi originally... :

Okay, ladies & gents....
consciouskings_mousepad_MPAD01_larger_1409825623_3d43cdf0-ec93-4eb8-8677-7db59bfc7da1_large.png

- so let's do the official
unofficial
"Music buildz our road to ZION- Spread jah love" waiting game!

Search for something music and ZION and share your fave with us. It's just about fun and dem good Zi spirit we enjoyed back in the days. Reviving it, connecting to each other and synchronizing with the Zi and share the rhythm. Good vibes ahead!!! :peace:

I encourage anyone to post something he/she wanted to post anyway to NOT derail this thread but to contribute - AAAAAND to add your finding at the bottom.. Hope this is ok and not against the rules.

One love.

EDIT: I like waiting for my Zi. That's a fact. This is on-topic :D ;)

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks for hanging in there @meltingpot and thanks for the good vibes all! I need to Get @diehards back-up repaired and sent back among others as a first order of business. It's a great feeling to be finishing up the last of the Milaana orders and repairs.... So, let's get down to business.

After prototyping a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) to mount the DC/DC and MOSFET to it proved more trouble than it was worth. It actually adds connection points (additional points of failure) as well as added cost with minimal savings at low volumes. Future designs will revisit the possibility so it was a good exercise to understand where the break points are.

The design changes to address the magnet retention have been completed. The fix was simple changes such as magnet / wood cleanliness (wood dust), adjusting the tolerances / hole depths and metal specific epoxy.

Two materials are in to prototype the design changes on the voltage knob. Shout out to @stickstones for his help in uncovering this failure mode(s). The design intent is to have the knob feel like a volume knob of an early 90's high end receiver :)

Many of the fit finish issues have been resolved complements of Milaana. Looking forward to building the last few spalted maple Mi and getting PV restocked early next week to clear the way for Zion.

Thanks to every one of you Zionites that had faith, patience and continued support and love for Zion. It is now my pleasure to build a bad ass vape for everyone of you. Let's go blow up the beast!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Ah, Loki... I still have the first Zion (post 2x4) in the box after @stickstones did the first non-RBT crew test. So appreciative for him and @pakalolo for being the first FC victims. Had to dig out all the iterations for some nostalgic pics...

https://instagram.com/p/BPwPJBeASyG/

@turk I have only owned a Milaana for the past 9 months so I am looking forward to the first sub-par Zion to call my own... I usually adopt the misfit vapes lol.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ah, Loki... I still have the first Zion (post 2x4) in the box after @stickstones did the first non-RBT crew test. So appreciative for him and @pakalolo for being the first FC victims. Had to dig out all the iterations for some nostalgic pics...

https://instagram.com/p/BPwPJBeASyG/

@turk I have only owned a Milaana for the past 9 months so I am looking forward to the first sub-par Zion to call my own... I usually adopt the misfit vapes lol.
I'll take the green one! Take my money!
Awesome pics man!!

jazzyvapeman

I saw on RBT's website in the 2017 plans that the Zion pre-orders are intended to be fulfilled and then Zion is to be retired? I also saw the Zion is sold out in the store.

I've been considering pre-ordering the Zion and am wondering if I lost my chance. Does this mean that once the Zion orders are fulfilled it won't be available on an ongoing basis?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I saw on RBT's website in the 2017 plans that the Zion pre-orders are intended to be fulfilled and then Zion is to be retired? I also saw the Zion is sold out in the store.

I've been considering pre-ordering the Zion and am wondering if I lost my chance. Does this mean that once the Zion orders are fulfilled it won't be available on an ongoing basis?

Ryan of RBT mentions in post right above yours that 50 or so Zion will be built to supply forums members . I think you will be able to get one . Sounds like you have not lost but rather this is your chance to get one ;)

Joining the Zion thread myself, keep up the great work Ryan! happy to read your updates, sounds like you are on top of your game and rockin 2017 like a freight train.

Top Bottom