Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I saw on RBT's website in the 2017 plans that the Zion pre-orders are intended to be fulfilled and then Zion is to be retired? I also saw the Zion is sold out in the store.

I've been considering pre-ordering the Zion and am wondering if I lost my chance. Does this mean that once the Zion orders are fulfilled it won't be available on an ongoing basis?

He did just post that after pre orders are filled he hopes to be build around 50 more to fill any other FC demand. I know that's what I am counting on so I can get a new one with all the finalized production trimmings for best of the best fit finish and performance (though I do have two fine betas) We will be the privileged few to know the wonder of Zion!
Cult is back on track :tup:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
He did just post that after pre orders are filled he hopes to be build around 50 more to fill any other FC demand. I know that's what I am counting on so I can get a new one with all the finalized production trimmings for best of the best fit finish and performance (though I do have two fine betas) We will be the privileged few to know the wonder of Zion!
Cult is back on track :tup:
Thanks for reexplaining loll ;) oh how I'd like to beta one of your beta's so I can fully understand to Power of Zion!

Ryan of RBT mentions in post right above yours that 50 or so Zion will be built to supply forums members . I think you will be able to get one . Sounds like you have not lost but rather this is your chance to get one ;)

P.A.M.,

jimdee

Thanks my friend. Once all the existing orders are complete a handful of Zion's will be built (~50) to supply folks here on FC. You will be on that short list ...

I'd like to get on that list as well. Can you please let me know if/how that might happen?

FWIW, I tried to message you, RBT, but the system says I cannot start a conversation with you.

Thanks!
jimdee

jimdee,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for reexplaining loll ;) oh how I'd like to beta one of your beta's so I can fully understand to Power of Zion!

Haha yeah I typed that up before the other posts, and saw them after I posted. Oh well :lol:

I do think I covered their performance in pretty extensive detail throughout this thread though at least, and/or let me know if you're in LA ;)

And re wait list, just wait patiently people, there isn't a high demand here, let him build the pre orders and then he'll build some extra stock that you can buy. Putting a wait list together will likely slow him down and serve little purpose other than unnecessary peace of mind imo :2c::peace:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@Shit Snacks you will be happy to learn that the Zion Waiting list is now on the www. Thanks so much for the wanting to support RBT with the purchase of your third Zion. I still have yet to get the first production Zion (ya know, your second unit ;) to some of the members of the Z-Team as we have discussed in private. So please keep your multiple Zion gloating to a minimum as I don't want to cause any more undo stress to any of my beloved Zion pre-order customers that are patiently waiting a taste of Zion.

So, I had such a great day working on finalizing the potential design improvements to the Zion voltage knob. I have ordered both felt and UHMW coated foam to provide a bearing surface for the voltage knob. This will allow a slight compression of the material to create a pre-load that will support the knob and prevent any "wiggling" that has caused some knobs to come loose. To further improve the smooth operation of the knob several sleeve bearings in graphite and bronze will be tested between the knob shaft and the wood. This might prove to be overkill but I am really going OCD on the knob as i feel that it is one of attributes of an electronics device that determines that hi-fidelity feel ya know? So looking forward to spending the weekend working on ramping up Zion... such a great feeling!

All materials will arrive early next week and will not take long to test. Once a solution is determined a handful of Zions will be completed and supplied to the remaining Z-Team members and the a few customers namely the three units that are in for warranty repair +. While these few beta units are being put to the test, work will continue making wooden bodies and electrical assemblies for the remaining Zion units. Given the inefficiencies of building piecemeal the remaining units will be build as a batch which will create a lull in supply but will ensure a more consistent product and in the end all users will get their Zion faster.

Please know that that I am unable to predict when your Zion will be complete other than to tell you it will be in 2017 possibly by summer if all goes right to plan but we all know how that goes lol.

I hope all can be patient and enjoy the ride and if not please allow yourself to get a full refund because Zion in no way should cause anyone stress... It's all about Jah love folks.

For all the latest Zion pictures and updates please see us on Instagram :) I am planning on starting to do some live feeds for Q&A, Milaana unboxing, and just chillin' and sheshin' so come help me educate the world so that we all can Fuck Combustion!

On that note, brand ambassador application form is also on the www now.

If you have any questions at all email me at rbtvape.service@gmail.com or give me a call or shoot me a text at 518-3900034. I have had a chance to talk to several customers as of late and it is nice to go old school and have a conversation. Seems like things get lost in translation through these so called "Smart" Phones. Ya know, you can actually use them as a phone ;)

Jah Peace all!

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks you will be happy to learn that the Zion Waiting list is now on the www. Thanks so much for the wanting to support RBT with the purchase of your third Zion. I still have yet to get the first production Zion (ya know, your second unit ;) to some of the members of the Z-Team as we have discussed in private. So please keep your multiple Zion gloating to a minimum as I don't want to cause any more undo stress to any of my beloved Zion pre-order customers that are patiently waiting a taste of Zion.

So, I had such a great day working on finalizing the potential design improvements to the Zion voltage knob. I have ordered both felt and UHMW coated foam to provide a bearing surface for the voltage knob. This will allow a slight compression of the material to create a pre-load that will support the knob and prevent any "wiggling" that has caused some knobs to come loose. To further improve the smooth operation of the knob several sleeve bearings in graphite and bronze will be tested between the knob shaft and the wood. This might prove to be overkill but I am really going OCD on the knob as i feel that it is one of attributes of an electronics device that determines that hi-fidelity feel ya know? So looking forward to spending the weekend working on ramping up Zion... such a great feeling!

All materials will arrive early next week and will not take long to test. Once a solution is determined a handful of Zions will be completed and supplied to the remaining Z-Team members and the a few customers namely the three units that are in for warranty repair +. While these few beta units are being put to the test, work will continue making wooden bodies and electrical assemblies for the remaining Zion units. Given the inefficiencies of building piecemeal the remaining units will be build as a batch which will create a lull in supply but will ensure a more consistent product and in the end all users will get their Zion faster.

Please know that that I am unable to predict when your Zion will be complete other than to tell you it will be in 2017 possibly by summer if all goes right to plan but we all know how that goes lol.

I hope all can be patient and enjoy the ride and if not please allow yourself to get a full refund because Zion in no way should cause anyone stress... It's all about Jah love folks.

For all the latest Zion pictures and updates please see us on Instagram :) I am planning on starting to do some live feeds for Q&A, Milaana unboxing, and just chillin' and sheshin' so come help me educate the world so that we all can Fuck Combustion!

If you have any questions at all email me at rbtvape.service@gmail.com or give me a call or shoot me a text at 518-3900034. I have had a chance to talk to several customers as of late and it is nice to go old school and have a conversation. Seems like things get lost in translation through these so called "Smart" Phones. Ya know, you can actually use them as a phone ;)

Jah Peace all!

Oh I'd never gloat :lol: always grateful! Just making my intentions known, I could try to send Zen in for the improvements (since she's specially tuned cold, with some other now-pre-production roughness) but it's worth shelling out however much for a new hotness fresh off the final production run. The personal value on this unit is through the roof, so gotta get em while theyre hot, the fact I feel I must have three should say something huge imo, but see what do I know, there you got waitlist people, I guess I should get on it too since it is there after all...

Can't wait to see this through and hear what users of the new units will say, my Zteam brethren as well as the fresh virgins, excitement is full force. Love that plan, and the IG photos are amazing, the videos with the vapor clouds and your scribbled logo are so awesome! Great teasing the wonder as we gear up to close the door on this chapter so we can watch you move onto bigger and better things to come :tup:

b0

Cloudy...

Jah Peace all!

It's gonna be a wait, but I'm sure it's gonna be worth it. Shame not having found about this earlier but happy to be on the 50

TeeJay1952

Are pre orders different than pre paid? I have this vision of Zion. I am becoming afraid as the train approaches.
Once it arrives it isn't a concept or hope but an object to care for. (and hope it cares for me):love:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey guys just wanted to clarify, anyone who has a pre-order in is all set. The waiting list will be used to determine how many Zion's to build beyond the pre-order before switching to the 510. This will allow us to build enough Zion's to take care of anyone from FC that wants one and a few extra before moving on. The number 50 is just a guess as to how many will ordered in the next year as FC demand is extremely low. Milaana demand is only a couple units a month and Zion will be less. "50" units is predicted to be several years supply and RBT will have a new and improved voltage regulated design by then ;)

upriver

combustion-free
Glad to hear some headway is being made, and deeply appreciate the updates and attempts at transparency.

I've been patiently waiting since August of '15.

At this rate, I am just hoping it arrives before the collapse of civilization (or at least a re-criminalization of herbal equipment), which seems like it may not bee too much longer. I need this thing to help me relax!

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
deeply appreciate the updates and attempts at transparency.

Were pre-orders paid for ? then I'd understand everyone worries .. it does sound like Ryan is on top of his game these days and that people will be getting Zions shortly.

Gah! Now I really need to actually make an instagram.

:doh::cuss::bang:

Hear ya man, I joined instagram for this and not really digging it or finding it advantageous .. the pics could easily be shared here , a fb page or other. I have no use for instagram and avoided it for years until now.. I'll admit I'm cheap (well and not very wealthy $ rather ) so I joined for the milaana draw but even then I couldn't figure out how to share rhe damn contest photos to participate and so that all my friends and family can see my love for green (sarcastic)... not très cool...

Last edited:

namasteIII

How does the Zion avoid the whole Turing on in ones pocket thing that the Milliana went through?

namasteIII,

Shit Snacks

How does the Zion avoid the whole Turing on in ones pocket thing that the Milliana went through?

Also voltage set low means it can actually have the trigger on much longer and be fine (still not ideal) but the triggers location is also recessed and unlikely to see any accidental pressure even in a pocket (if you can even fit it in one!) Alternatively you can swap batteries' position to prevent electrical connection or remove em

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Glad to hear some headway is being made, and deeply appreciate the updates and attempts at transparency.

At this rate, I am just hoping it arrives before the collapse of civilization (or at least a re-criminalization of herbal equipment), which seems like it may not bee too much longer. I need this thing to help me relax!

I hear ya! June of '15 for me. Dying to see this thing come to fruition, and then come to my mailbox!

In response to @P.A.M. ... Yes, those of us with pre-orders paid when we ordered. Wouldn't exactly say I'm happy about it, but happier now with all of the new info.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Also voltage set low means it can actually have the trigger on much longer and be fine (still not ideal) but the triggers location is also recessed and unlikely to see any accidental pressure even in a pocket (if you can even fit it in one!) Alternatively you can swap batteries' position to prevent electrical connection or remove em

No, remember the trigger was un-recessed for the the production run because some lady had troubles with her long nails...

And when was a reverse polarity protection implemented? I don't recall. But I do recall some tester unit being blown due to a reverse insertion.

Oh well, why do I care anyways? :shrug:

Top Bottom