Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Mulehead

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
I have not had a chance to hold a Zion yet but I can testify to the strength of the magnets. My 2x4's rear compartment is sealed with said magnets. I stuff it in my cargo pocket all the time. I have dropped it repeatedly and the back cover has never come off unless I wanted to swap the batteries. Also I have only broken one glass stem and that was the first or second night at my desk highly medicated. I would really only see the need for the cover to keep the thing clean in my pocket.

EveryDayAmnesiac

All you guys saying you're excited are right to feel that way! I was in a local shop yesterday that my friend owns when in walks the creator of this awesome device. Long story short, he invited me for a "beta test" , and let me tell you, this thing is effective. The draw on it is really nice, and you can get a hit from it that really knocks your socks off. I wasn't really in the market for any more devices right now, but this thing is definitely on one of my wish lists now. Hopefully I see more of this thing in the near future!

That's a really, really, really, really fortunate turn of events for you - and that works out really well for FC too. Nice to hear the results of your beta testing - though I must admit, I'm not at all surprised to hear you say it was a positive experience.

Thanks for starting to post again at this time.

natural farmer

Hmm... well, maybe... but... wouldn't it break exactly the same if there was no cover at all? :huh:
For sure, but the whole point of the cover is not to break anything... :)

I am just pointing out that te magnets (if there are magnets holding the cover of the stem) should be strong enough so when it hits the floor with the corner somehow, it wouldn't just dislocate and break the stem underneath.... Do I make more sense now? :p

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@natural farmer you may find this post from @thekarmawhore reassuring - the lid is indeed magnetic & he uses the words 'rock solid' in his description of the Zion's overall feel . . .
Smoke1ForMe said:
I had one question I didn't see answered. Is the lid magnetic like the battery compartment? I hope it is :)

Yes it is. We're still dialing in the tactile feel of door and lid arrangements so magnet location, size, strength and/or count will likely change from the current form, but not by much. The lid feels pretty good as is and probably won't change. The battery door needs some massaging, we'll nail it though, we're striving for a rock-solid "feel" for every aspect of the Zion, looks-wise, ergonomics-wise and performance-wise.

kindly,
thekarmawhore

Add to that @MrPeanut's comments regarding his dropping of the unit several times yet the magnetic battery cover staying in place - & it looks like they've got ya'll butter fingers covered ;)

Wood units will be complete in 2 or three days to ship to @stickstones and @pakalolo

^^^That was posted on Monday so . . .

@stickstones & @pakalolo have you recieved said units yet?! They must be close by!

. . . . It's all so quiet. Shhhhhhh. Shhhhhhhh. Shhhhhhhhh . . . . :brow:

:peace:

** POST EDITED FOR GENDER CORRECTION (see @Shit Snacks post below. D'Oh! ⬇) :peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@thekarmawhore reassuring - the lid is indeed magnetic & she uses the words 'rock solid' in her description of the Zion's overall feel . . .

(pretty sure tkw is male, at least according to my memory and his profile... Guys can be whores too Veg, dare to dream!)

I think we would have heard if they were sent on time though wouldn't we? @RastaBuddhaTao? Bueller?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Guys can be whores too Veg, dare to dream!
Er, I'd rather not!!! :o

But yes, you are totally right. My bad. Sorry @thekarmawhore, I shall reallign my interpretation of you accordingly!

& yep @Shit Snacks, I'm guessing we would have heard something if they had been sent but there's no harm in giving 'em a prod eh?

I'm not gonna just quietly wait this one out on the sideline . . . .

WE WANT ZION ! ! ! :razz:

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
"Sorry for the delay. Ran into some manufacturing issues with the wood body and some part shortages. Should have your unit in the mail next week."

This is what I got recently, but I think Pak and Sticks will receive their units before mine. It's getting closer! But let's not pressure them too much... :)

Audio

Noticed some new eye-candy on their site this morning. The rapid prototype looks like everything came together beautifully. I can not wait to get my hands on a finished Zion. The cap adds so much value for me!
http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/zion-rapid-prototype

I'm 99% sure this is the exact unit I got to test, and its so sweet. It really feels sturdy to answer you guys, we didn't drop it but it definitely didn't feel like it would blow apart if you look at it wrong

Audio,
Reactions: VegNVape

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Good day all... sorry for being scarce the past week. I was on a mission from Jah to complete the Zion builds.

Slight change of plan in that the rapid prototype unit was determined fit to build so that was added to the plan. The unit build went well with much learning with the fit of the magnets an the routing of the electronics. That unit is now with @thekarmawhore. I am sure he will be posting in it soon as he is out shopping for a charger today. The first wood unit was completed for @stickstones and some quick videos are on the YouTube channel. I will read back and answer older post today

Peace
RBT

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Nice. Love the bandaid... ;)
Ha ha thanks... Wood chisel got me... Sorry @pakalolo I bled on your unit.

@Audio it was a pleasure to meet such a vape enthusiast. I appreciate you and your crew taking the time to test and give feedback on the rapid prototype Zion. I am always tickled when users have that surprised look on there face "wow, that thing is like a portable desktop unit"

I am sorry to say That the initial 100 units will all be maple. We have access to the largest selection of hardwood in the northeastern US so don't be surprised if you see a unit in an exotic purple wood in the near future. Given the complicated logistics, set-up and scrap risk we will not be accepting customer wood but will eventually offer wood and glass choices as well as making limited runs in exotic woods. The team will eventually discuss selling a DIY kit to support a MFLB like culture. Our electronics, your DIY woodworking project.

As @KeroZen was nice enough to point out, we ran into some manufacturing "learning opportunities" with the new proprietary machining process that caused some delay. Please understand that @stickstones and the other Beta units are model shop "first builds" and are somewhat of a Frankenstein and is far from what the FC100 units will be.

Issues like the cap not fitting perfectly, using oversized magnets in the door caused the magnet holes to break through the outside surface, the red heater wire broke through between the glass joint and the electronics compartment wall, over sanding, undersanding, etc. With all that said it is the best performing unit to date.

We have done limited testing... Over voltage, over temperature and some limited drop testing. We are recessing the magnets into the body to improve sheer resistance. The glass on the mouthpiece is over 1/8" thick and very strong. I literally stood on the prototype and we plan to run it over with a car... Our stress analysis shows we should be able to run it over with a half ton truck but might not survive the full ton ;). With the Zion100 we will be sacrificing units to a host of testing to aid in the final optimization of the Zion for production launch.

The magnets are super Dope! Both the cover and the door snap quickly into place and can be held onto and shaken up and down and the don't let do. It's super trick. Can't wait to see production quality parts.... Drool!

A few pictures are now up on the web site as well... Enjoy.

http://www.rastabuddhatao.net/zion-beta-unit-1

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
:bowdown: @RastaBuddhaTao

The new Beta Unit 1 pictures are looking serious. Like some sort of test equipment in my mind, but still with a completely natural finish. I like.

Then there is some seriously heavy duty 'clunk-click' going on in those new videos of yours . . . lovin' those magnets . . . .

YEAH!!! :ko:

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
LMAO!

You will note that with @thekarmawhore unit has all four magnets in the body but just 2 diagonally in the door. It was noted that at assembly the magnets where so strong that 4 was way too much force... plus with only two you can twirl the door and do figure eights back and forth from the top magnets to the bottom magnets. In @stickstones unit has just two magnets in the body and the cover and they are positioned in the center... the package said .250" but my calipers said .310 but we shoe horned em in anyway... thus the break-out of the wood. We will hold off on any more builds until we have the right magnets and a few other goodies we have in store ;) Builds will resume late next week with @pakalolo unit just waiting on magnets and final finishing so that should be in the mail in about a week. Until then @stickstones and @thekarmawhore should start to brief the team on their initial thoughts and experiences next week. I will be on vacation next week but will check in on the beta team as I will be excited to hear the experts first thoughts on the Zion100 Beta unit!

Please excuse the red electrical tape... not on my finger but on the unit lol. It is covering the electronics for pictures but will be left open for the Beta users to see Everything. The beta team members have signed non-disclosure agreements that entitles them to the full show :) In the production units this will be covered by a panel of.... wood.... or mica... or glass... or brass... or copper.... or... anyone have any preferences?

Peace
RBT

Last edited:
Top Bottom