Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Likes2vape

I am aware this is a different model but it's the first and only result if I search 'zion vaporizer' on youtube.

[PM content removed]

I appreciate all u r lengthy response on the accuracy of precise temperature controls available on various vaporizers and indeed the fluctuation BP of the compounds in weed. Rest assured I know how to extract the goodness from my herb without charring it.

Don't make me point out the various other 'suspect' vids iv seen of testers using the latest model of this device. Only know that it's not good advertisement.

Modnote: Edited to remove private conversation
Hahaha pure comedy thanks for the laughs. :dog::popcorn:

DopeShow

Yup that is my video. As I keep saying, i know what combustion is. There is NO combustion in the video.

No combustion is impossible as i hoped we'd have now come to understand. Unless u r vaporizer didn't reach temps of >200C. I believe u have a fundamental misunderstanding of how combustion works.
I'd say u hit nearly 10% combustion there in that video.
Please do the manufacturer a favour and stop misrepresenting their product. Having seen it in proper use it is a quality machine.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
It's really a pity that this great thread feels totally derailed... And the Zion train is coming ;)

Please let's not play this troll game. I think we don't need to answer every post. There's little sense to it... Read this now for a while from distance. In the beginning it was kinda entertaining (but also annoying).. Now it's clearly trolling IMO.
I might hit the report button to actually do something and correctly.

Peace out to all Zionistas!! :peace:
@VegNVape If you got the chance of snapping some more Johnny Goode pics - I think it will bring back the spirit in here :) :tup:

Have a great day everyone

Kevea

No combustion is impossible as i hoped we'd have now come to understand. Unless u r vaporizer didn't reach temps of >200C. I believe u have a fundamental misunderstanding of how combustion works.
Please do the manufacturer a favour and stop misrepresenting their product. Having seen it in proper use it is a quality machine.
I'm sorry but if this isn't the definition of trolling then I must have clearly misinterpreted it's meaning.

Everyone has repeated themselves over and over for this user. Can we please just avoid this ignorance and move on.

I want my ZION :rockon:

DopeShow

:zzz: I will file all those posts under the heading "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON COMBUSTING". Sorry its the last il say on the matter.

Would be happy to discuss with u the intricacies of how best to reach BP temp of the active chemicals without reaching unsafe vapor levels. Perhaps I will speak with u all on another forum regarding this matter as I am aware all devices have different ways of regulating this.

On a note to the manufacturer - a demonstration video on YouTube of the release model would be nice. It's the first port of call when checking for vaporizer reviews for most customers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smouldering

NOTE I HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM POSTING HERE. IT IS VITAL U UNDERSTAND THIS INFORMATION ON COMBUSTION

Note: Although some of the following cannabinoids require temperatures above 200 degrees Celsius to evaporate, setting a vaporizer to that temperature runs the risk of causing combustion, which should be avoided.

Last edited:
DopeShow,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You cannot have 10% combustion. It's a binary state.

:zzz: I will file all those posts under the heading "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON COMBUSTING". Sorry its the last il say on the matter.

Would be happy to discuss with u the intricacies of how best to reach BP temp of the active chemicals without reaching unsafe vapor levels. Perhaps I will speak with u all on another forum regarding this matter as I am aware all devices have different ways of regulating this.

On a note to the manufacturer - a demonstration video on YouTube of the release model would be nice. It's the first port of call when checking for vaporizer reviews for most customers.

You continue to tell people that they are reaching combustion when they are not. You have been told to stop this and educate yourself. You claim that you have read the thread but you show no sign that you understood it. You have provoked other members into breaking our rules. Since you are a disruption to the thread, you are banned from posting in it until you can convince Staff that you should be given back the privilege.

Please let's not play this troll game. I think we don't need to answer every post. There's little sense to it... Read this now for a while from distance. In the beginning it was kinda entertaining (but also annoying).. Now it's clearly trolling IMO.

I'm sorry but if this isn't the definition of trolling then I must have clearly misinterpreted it's meaning.

Can we please stop derailing this thread and just ignore the obvious troll? Hasn't even seen the Zion in person and is talking like he can tell how much combustion occurred by watching a bad quality video.....

Please leave moderating to the Staff. Calling another member a troll is a violation of our Be Nice rule and only serves to provoke. If someone is breaking the rules, report it and do not respond to the thread. If you feel you must respond, use a PM. If someone annoys you but is not breaking the rules, either ignore it or use a PM. I will not hand out warning points this time, but you only get one free pass.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Sorry for the late update. @MrPeanut stopped over tonight with an issue that turned out to be a failed diode. This was actually good news as it has already been replaced with a more robust higher wattage part. @pakalolo unit is still running like a champ after replacing a failed potentiometer. Also good news as the recess knob removes the stress that was in large part responsible for the failure.

The heater demons seemed to have been overtaken by the Zion positive vibes and @MrPeanut and I continue to get high quality vapor out of the new heater design. In fact, @MrPeanut may report even better results after a small tweak made tonight;)

So @pakalolo Jessica is ready to go home. @stickstones unit is entering the second day of test with three units right behind it.

After months of dedicated work I sat a cross from @MrPeanut tonight with five Zion's on the table and he said... "Ship every one". Sounds like a stamp of approval to me.. Let's get this train rolling.

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Back to late night testing in RBT labs this evening from 7:30pm - 1:30am. Althea was returned with a bad diode which was an issue that was already documented and rectified in the production setup with a more robust part. Evangeline had her guts completely rebuilt including new wiring, the new diode and the precision insulators. Evangeline's innards are all production quality. This was a cool night. At least 5 Zions were on the bench tonight and I am happy to say they were all consistent in producing Zion quality vapor from low to high power. Some of the units are other beta units that will be returned to original testers after being updated internally. I held in my hand on what I consider to be the finest vape RBT has produced at production quality. RBT even has a vape of his own for the first time in many months! I am so excited to see this beast released to the wild as I do not get a production unit with all of the beautiful cnc work until all of you paying customers start receiving your vapes. I know some are jealous of me now but trust me it will be the opposite when he is comfortable and confident you are getting what you paid for.

P.S. I have no idea when he will release the units. I did not ask. As his friend I want to see him succeed and the time he is putting in to get this done right the first time is inspiring and has paid off.

P.P.S. In all 5 units with 3-4 sessions each and there were zero incidents of smoldering, ignition or combustion. There was plenty of dense white vapor.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Without feeding the troll, I recall he said he was coming from the Ascent. I too was coming from conduction vapes (apart from my brief Firewood excursion that was so-so, and having tested the Volcano and Herbalaire) The Ascent was my first own vape in fact. So in a way I can understand...

The first sessions I did with Ashton, the vapor was so big and dense I had to remove the stem and carefully watch the load for any sign of combustion! But none, nada, zilch, niet, rien! It was still green to golden in color, not even a single speck of blackness like I could get in my Firewood. I had non uniform load cooking at first, but this is because I'm braindead and put the screen backwards (in my defense, RBT put it this way in the stems I received so I didn't think twice)

After putting the screen correctly it's been flawless. I don't need to stir and the load is uniform enough in color to me (okay the deep end of the bowl is slightly lighter, there's a color gradient if you look closely but it goes from brown to ever lighter brow, not from black to green) In fact I need to work very hard and continue the session longer than I enjoy if I want to output a dark brown ABV. I never had it black. Never found any hint of ash, greyness, whiteness you call it, spare a single incident where I was completely distracted and held the button for way too long*. I'm sure my fellow iron lungs testers take their load way further than me but they don't combust either.

The other day I combusted with my newly acquired VapCap by Dynavap. It lasted a fraction of a second but hell you can't miss that! It's gross, it's filthy, it's disgusting. I had to throw the load in the bin and ISO + soap wash the entire device thoroughly and even then, there was some remaining smell on the mouthpiece. I can't combust anymore, I don't combust anymore, I fuck combustion and I know it's not happening in the Zion when you use it as it's intended.

My Zion ABV is always lighter in the end than in my Ascent and other conduction vapes.

(* even during that incident I'm not 100% sure there was combustion, maybe a speck or two ignited at most, but it didn't cherry/smoulder)

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
"The characteristic temperature and heat released during smouldering are low compared to those in the flaming combustion (i.e., ~600 °C vs. ~1500 °C)."

This phenomena is what explains why a solid will continue to combust through being attacked by the oxygen in the air, despite the lack of open flame.

This phenomena does not occur from a solid which is not already combusting, and occurs at a temperature range far exceeding anything occuring within these Vaporizers.

Hope that makes sense @DopeShow assuming you truly are worried about this occuring.

virtualpurple

In a lot of ways @KeroZen and I sit on the same perch. We both were ascent users that also have both owned a multitude of flowermate vapes (i believe we both were early owners of the FM 5.0 pro and found it nearly the ascents equal in many regards).

I have been really happy with all the feedback we have gotten from the entire beta crew as well as @MrPeanut and @thekarmawhore.

Zion can't come soon enough for me, but I trust implicitly in the process and the flow.

I dunno about everyone else, but every time I read @RastaBuddhaTao's posts I get a little surge of my inner child saying "fuck yeah! Any day now!" And although I have to remind myself that the beta crew must be taken care of and I'm not sure how many people are ahead of me in line, I know all the waiting will be worth it.

I applaud @pakalolo for taking the necessary steps to point this thread back in the right direction, all is well. The dude abides.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Back to late night testing in RBT labs this evening from 7:30pm - 1:30am. Althea was returned with a bad diode which was an issue that was already documented and rectified in the production setup with a more robust part. Evangeline had her guts completely rebuilt including new wiring, the new diode and the precision insulators. Evangeline's innards are all production quality. This was a cool night. At least 5 Zions were on the bench tonight and I am happy to say they were all consistent in producing Zion quality vapor from low to high power. Some of the units are other beta units that will be returned to original testers after being updated internally. I held in my hand on what I consider to be the finest vape RBT has produced at production quality. RBT even has a vape of his own for the first time in many months! I am so excited to see this beast released to the wild as I do not get a production unit with all of the beautiful cnc work until all of you paying customers start receiving your vapes. I know some are jealous of me now but trust me it will be the opposite when he is comfortable and confident you are getting what you paid for.

P.S. I have no idea when he will release the units. I did not ask. As his friend I want to see him succeed and the time he is putting in to get this done right the first time is inspiring and has paid off.

P.P.S. In all 5 units with 3-4 sessions each and there were zero incidents of smoldering, ignition or combustion. There was plenty of dense white vapor.

Oh MrP, be still my heart!:luv:
Did Ziggy get to see any action perchance? I'm sure he was begging for it it'd been so long...

Great update from you and @RastaBuddhaTao, love how the delay really seems to have brought about a better product out the gate, better than shipping out beta units to everyone!

And @KeroZen that "backwards" screens is actually the new default standard though with the new stems, as it is RBT's preffered style. Pak's been able to use basket style in his old stems still though, but it may be tough with the newer stems to do so... We'll see

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
And @KeroZen that "backwards" screens is actually the new default standard though with the new stems, as it is RBT's preffered style. Pak's been able to use basket style in his old stems still though, but it may be tough with the newer stems to do so... We'll see

It's not just tough to put a basket screen into the new stems, I don't see how it's possible using Zion screens. The Arizer elbow screen is completely out, and I am pretty sure so are LEBs although I don't have one to prove that.

The two stems that came with Pauahi have Zion screens installed dome-style. With a lot of force, I have been able to push them down past the constriction at the top of the joint so that the volume is reduced to approximately the same as a basket-style screen in my old stems. I did this so that a full unpacked load is about .07 g, which is my preferred size.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's not just tough to put a basket screen into the new stems, I don't see how it's possible using Zion screens. The Arizer elbow screen is completely out, and I am pretty sure so are LEBs although I don't have one to prove that.

The two stems that came with Pauahi have Zion screens installed dome-style. With a lot of force, I have been able to push them down past the constriction at the top of the joint so that the volume is reduced to approximately the same as a basket-style screen in my old stems. I did this so that a full unpacked load is about .07 g, which is my preferred size.

Ah yes, don't care for EQ screens myself, and though I never got to try ELB in Zion, even now that I have Evo and can I don't think I have any desire to do so when i can regardless...

I think RBT said he tweaked it even a bit more, but it will be interesting to try. I do still have my original stems from Ziggy for basket style use with old RBT screens. My only really concern is area between the screen and glass, if it is dome style, it would be better if they are now the mesh is a fully flat surface in the stem, so nothing can fall to the sides (like E-Nano adjust a bowl style screens, reverse UD baskets)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Its looking like working out the proper use of screens in stems or M2Ms may be the most challenging part of this project from the user prospective. Everything else looks to be pretty automatic and logical. Anticipation rises with each RBT post... :)

Top Bottom