Discontinued Zion vaporizer

hippogriff

Cool, thanks to those taking care of themselves w/ refunds. I think our little niche is gonna be feeling the negativity from the crappy perception management of the Grasshopper team for awhile, they changed the game (and my hopper, when working, changes the game, too). Zion is my transparent, lean-manufacturing sanctuary. I have loads of patience when I know why I'm waiting, the details are fascinating, I pre-orderd the single-bat and I'm here for the whole ride. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mr. Me2

Cool, thanks to those taking care of themselves w/ refunds. I think our little niche is gonna be feeling the negativity from the crappy perception management of the Grasshopper team for awhile, they changed the game (and my hopper, when working, changes the game, too). Zion is my transparent, lean-manufacturing sanctuary. I have loads of patience when I know why I'm waiting, the details are fascinating, I pre-orderd the single-bat and I'm here for the whole ride. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I'm guessing no single battery units are still available for preorder?

Mr. Me2,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Nice to see some positive vibes again. Even nicer to see folk are going to pimp their Zions. RBT did mention it a while ago and his only worry was that no one compromised the internals. I am sure he will advise anyone on just how far you could go.
@mvapes 'Scratchin Glass' may also be able to do some custom blasting. His glass work is fantastic and his new set up means he can get some great detail. In theory you should be able to send him an idea and he then adorn your Zion with it. It's the way I would go about turning the single battery or TOD into a morel.
uJdVRVO.jpg

upriver

combustion-free
Glad to see some updates... patiently holding out here! I was certainly hoping that the original date was accurate, but I knew what I was getting into. At this point I just want the thing to launch, no matter how long it takes. I do appreciate the updates, even bad news is important to deliver in timely manner.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@cybrguy I knew you would like that.
A more 3d effect can be had from blasting when the 'stencil' is removed in layers allowing areas to be gone over a couple of times adding more depth and texture. Wood lends itself to this technique very well as does glass or stone.
I would recommend RBT be consulted before anyone undertakes this or any work which involved removing timber.
The last thing anyone wants is to compromise the integrity of the internals.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Design changes and testing on the new heater design is complete. I personally couldn't be happier with the levels of vapor quality as well as the repeatability and reproducibility obtained. Special thanks to @MrPeanut for all of his hard work.

Production has resumed and 30 bodies have made their way to the final step of fine sanding and 200 mouthpieces have been cut and await flame polishing with the recently installed glass polishing torch.

Thanks for everyone's patients while waiting on perfection. What a great feeling knowing the time was taken to get it right. Now we can ramp production with confidence.

I will provide a more detailed update tonight

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Design changes and testing on the new heater design is complete. I personally couldn't be happier with the levels of vapor quality as well as the repeatability and reproducibility obtained. Special thanks to @MrPeanut for all of his hard work.

Production has resumed and 30 bodies with only fine sanding remaining and 200 mouthpieces have been cut and await flame polishing with the recently installed glass polishing torch.

Thanks for everyone's patients while waiting on perfection. What a great feeling knowing the time was taken to get it right. Now we can ramp production with confidence.

I will provide a more detailed update tonight

Hells to the yeah!

Fission

Just wondering why 30 units were made?
I thought the next step was (a smaller than that) round of beta testing :hmm:

Not that I'm complaining,
this zion train is bound for glory and is picking up steam!
:cheers:
Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. It's definitely a pleasant surprise that production units might start shipping out earlier than we thought. Perhaps the testing with Mr. Peanut was thorough enough that he feels confident moving directly to final production. We should know more later, I suppose.

grokit

well-worn member
From the FAQ:

The initial units will be shipped to the 3 Alpha testers followed by the Twelve Beta Testers (initial customers) along with the first dozen customers. This will allow the Beta testers the time to evaluate the changes as well as provide the support to the first dozen customers.

:shrug:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
To me it sounds like he is just getting back to the 200 he was originally going for in his first production run(see quote below). I'm not sure that RBT's statements above have anything to do with shipping or the run down of Beta testing. I do agree tho, it sure would be awesome to see some more Zion's out there soon!

Things are really coming together with the first production Zion coming to life today and the supply chain filling the pipeline. The parts for the initial 50 are in hand and 200 units are working their way through the CNC to finish sanding next week.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thirty wooden bodies completed, not units. These will supply the 24 units to Beta testers and the first customers. We have continued to work the production parts that where not related to the heater issue like the wooden boxes and wire harnesses. Plan is still as published on the www... 3 units then 6/6 then 6/6. New heaters will start to be manufactured over the next couple days by hand to feed the initial units while the heater component manufacture makes the changes to the production tooling and processes. Progress will pick up now that we are passed the heater R&D but there is still some work left before we are in full production mode.

Top Bottom