Discontinued Zion vaporizer

ZC

Edge of the seat stuff here :popcorn:
I want to get a single battery Zion, and get carving, I have some ideas for decoration waiting for a 'canvas', and can't wait to get started!
Patience is elusive, but I'm hopeful that the wait will be worth it :cheers:

I love the idea of using the Zion as a carving canvas! The possibilities are endless. A great idea for other wood vapes too, but for whatever reason it seems perfectly suited for the Zion.

Edit: You're not even limited to hand-carving (though there is something special to it) You could carve a design into the Zion with a CNC if you wanted to.

Changes that will be made is no Paypal penalty for any refunds, a weekly update, and an update to the plan moving forward. If you are at all concerned with timing, please submit for a refund rather than stress over it.

That all sounds fair and those changes are all great steps. I'll be patiently watching and waiting for the right time for me to pick one up.

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I think this is his website: http://infinityvm.com/

I think it would be no problem for this guy to tattoo a Zion. It would look amazing.

Yeah, come take a look @M0J0!

I know Vapman is your thing, and your tattooed Vapman really are in a league of their own . . . . but maybe you could put your mark upon the Zion?

That I would like to see! :nod:

So many possibilities.

:peace:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I was really disappointed by the attitudes on that linked reddit discussion... I think RBT can't be more open and everything has been crystal clear from the very start.

They know it's mostly a one-man operation for now but sill manage to complain he can't fulfill the cumulated jobs of an entire team? Come on guys! I read on the reddit page people complaining they were treated like whining little brats but to me that exactly what they are! You ask for a refund and get it over 10 days later and that's enough of a reason to insult the company, the forum and its moderators? F*** off!

Now I'm pissed and I'll grab my Zion to calm me down, because it's the most effective and straightforward mean I have available to me.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The whole crowd funding & pre order thing is still fairly new, and people are used to the 'see it-buy it-receive it next day' paradigm (me included here!).
I guess that the very folk who are most likely to be aware of bleeding edge products are the very same folk who are most impatient for the future to GET HERE NOW! (you have no idea how long I've been waiting for my jet-pack).

Crowdfunding has evolved a new marketplace, but we've yet to evolve the patience to match the wait involved.

Maybe we could think of it as being similar to commissioning a work of fine art, but with the added hurdle of designing for consistent mass production (small production runs make almost the same demands of designers BTW).

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao
Thanks for your updates! Good to see you back here as it shows me you seem to be fine - despite all the work and stress you got. Hopefully still some spare time to relax and enjoy life.
I'd gonna wait forever and in a good mood. Reddit almost made me puke, don't wanna comment further.

Hang in there RBT - You're doing a hell of a job and I will support you where I can; even if it's only my money so far..
We're here for the fun, doing the Cult thing-- chooo chooooo :D
Keep up the spirit everyone (to the rest: emergency exits to the left and right.) :) :peace:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
So I looked into the refund issue. It was pretty easy as I can count refunds on one hand. I distinctly remember attempting to issue it but for some reason it didn't transact. I even mentioned it to the Beta team in the PM as we were discussing the static happening on some shipping thread somewhere and I let them know that I had issued a refund that I expected would help quite things down. So, refund happily issued in full this AM :)

Just a simple oversight no worries. @pakalolo was taught me to have thick skin here, an actually I like stark criticism. It forces you to think about things and keeps you aware of the extremes. In this case I decided to revoke the PayPal fee penalty as it is my fault that I am late. So, as of this morning I should be fully caught up on all correspondence. If I missed you somehow please submit the appropriate form on the WWW and I will be sure to answer all relevant inquires.

Just to answer a few quick forum inquires... I will stick to my guns and not take any more orders until I complete the batch of units to the lifetime customers but it is nice to know that there is a building demand :)

I have decided to implement a solution to the fifth root cause and I am currently testing an @phattpiggie inspired design... Phatts thanks for all the inspiring pictures and suggestions as they have brought me many smiles in these stressful times... Keep em coming.

More to come this weekend so stay tuned folks

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Yeah, come take a look @M0J0!

I know Vapman is your thing, and your tattooed Vapman really are in a league of their own . . . . but maybe you could put your mark upon the Zion?

That I would like to see! :nod:

So many possibilities.

Oh yeah. It's harder to engrave a vapman because of the curves on the body.

The Zion and the Firewood are awesome candidates to engrave. Very nice flat surfaces to work on.

:)

peaceonearth

high since 1968
Just wanted to share that my own experience with RBT’s customer service has been excellent - he got back to me within just a few hours on a question I had asked via the contact form with a detailed and very satisfactory reply.

I’m glad he’s taking the time to perfect this vape as it’s gonna RULE. After seeing what @pakalolo was able to produce with just .03 I tried and tried to see if my MFLB could get anywhere close with that small amount (without combusting) and my bubbler just laughed at it - all it gave me was a bad case of ZAS!

Awesome about the progress, rock on RBT :tup:

Last edited:

Likes2vape

So I looked into the refund issue. It was pretty easy as I can count refunds on one hand. I distinctly remember attempting to issue it but for some reason it didn't transact. I even mentioned it to the Beta team in the PM as we were discussing the static happening on some shipping thread somewhere and I let them know that I had issued a refund that I expected would help quite things down. So, refund happily issued in full this AM :)

Just a simple oversight no worries. @pakalolo was taught me to have thick skin here, an actually I like stark criticism. It forces you to think about things and keeps you aware of the extremes. In this case I decided to revoke the PayPal fee penalty as it is my fault that I am late. So, as of this morning I should be fully caught up on all correspondence. If I missed you somehow please submit the appropriate form on the WWW and I will be sure to answer all relevant inquires.

Just to answer a few quick forum inquires... I will stick to my guns and not take any more orders until I complete the batch of units to the lifetime customers but it is nice to know that there is a building demand :)

I have decided to implement a solution to the fifth root cause and I am currently testing an @phattpiggie inspired design... Phatts thanks for all the inspiring pictures and suggestions as they have brought me many smiles in these stressful times... Keep em coming.

More to come this weekend so stay tuned folks
Still no refund here!:shrug:

Likes2vape,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I'm definitely not trying to imply anything,

But one thing I was once confused about with refunds: my first experience with a paypal refund was strange (to me anyways.) Where I was able to buy things through PayPal and have that money withdraw directly from me... when refunded, the funds would just sit in the paypal account, and not automatically back to my bank. I hadn't realized this, and thought I hadn't been refunded. After an embarrassing e-mail, I went and realized my foolishness. This is maybe just my own stupidity though. I don't know.

Not saying this happened with you. But... did it?

Likes2vape

I'm definitely not trying to imply anything,

But one thing I was once confused about with refunds: my first experience with a paypal refund was strange (to me anyways.) Where I was able to buy things through PayPal and have that money withdraw directly from me... when refunded, the funds would just sit in the paypal account, and not automatically back to my bank. I hadn't realized this, and thought I hadn't been refunded. After an embarrassing e-mail, I went and realized my foolishness. This is maybe just my own stupidity though. I don't know.

Not saying this happened with you. But... did it?
Nope

Likes2vape,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Alright peepz! :)

Not the best of shots I know, but I thought some of y'all might like to see these snaps I just quickly took regardless of the quality . . . (details for the propellerheads: 85-90% power on the dial; 10 second preheat; full load; medium grind; basket style screen; first pull on a fresh load :)) . . .

Zion Beta#5/10 (Johnny)

Mmmmm creamy Zion goodness :drool:

This DHgate recycler tube is doing the business with Johnny! It's a shame the glass feels so cheap & thin, but I guess you get what you pay for. I know my LHS would be charging waaaaaaay more dosh for it than I've paid, if they were to stock it.

Anyway, I hope y'all are having a great day :) No rest for the wicked - it's back to the dairy parlour for me . . .

:D

MuchLove.

Fission

Really looking forward to hearing more updates this weekend. It would be great to hear how close the implementation of these fixes and the shipping of the next two beta units is. Even though projecting shipping of production units isn't necessarily on the table, any estimates we may be able to hear about the next steps would be great.

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
I do not know what RBT has planned about production and shipping times. I am going to recuse myself from that discussion and let RBT handle that. I will say I spent 5 hours torture testing tonight with RBT in his lab. The aftermath was a pile of ABV that most heavy users produce in a week. RBT handed me units, I tested and handed them back with a nod, yup that is Zion quality vapor. I can not wait to hear what his roll out plans are. I got the new heater today in another body (Evangeline was sacrificed to science). I believe this will be the production version or damn close. Have yet to give the vape a name. I am thinking Althea or Cherise. Getting really super flavorful terp hits on low power. 10-20% getting some really nice visible and flavorful vapor. Stepping up the temp to 80% gives massive clouds with the Zion signature vapor. So far I have noticed no difference in battery life but it is early. I will know more after a day or two. I am very happy for RBT and those early adopters that have given such a good vibe to get this thing so far so fast.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Really looking forward to hearing more updates this weekend. It would be great to hear how close the implementation of these fixes and the shipping of the next two beta units is. Even though projecting shipping of production units isn't necessarily on the table, any estimates we may be able to hear about the next steps would be great.
I am really looking forward to bring everyone up to speed. @MrPeanut just left the lab after another grueling night of testing. Time will tell but I feel like it was a breakthrough night leading into the weekend. Multiple units where assembled, disassembled, and all passed the test. Now we wait and see if Mr.P can break it. These parts are handmade prototypes so if an issue where to arise it might be the related to part quality. Units will be fabricated this weekend with more accurate parts to begin to validate production intent parts. @MrPeanut having the earliest unit with prototype parts puts the new heater design into testing ASAP. If his unit continues to deliver Zion Quality Vapor and the units constructed this weekend continue to work flawlessly we can better detail to the project plan and next steps with estimated timing and risks. Prayers to Jah all.

Top Bottom