Zephyr Ion

lwien

Bruce@Zephyr said:
lwien said:
Bruce, I'll just wait to hear what your inquiry comes up with. I mean, the vape still works, but it just doesn't seem to want to fill up the bag as full as it did before and it takes a bit longer. If it doesn't get any worse, that's cool, but I guess the question is, if one experiences this, will it continue to get worse over time.
True that,.. and the problem with trying to answer that question is, I have no data to back it up. The Zephyr has only been out since August so I don't know what the long term fail rate is. It has me a bit concerned but if the ION is still working for you, that is a good thing. If it does diminish more I would like to know. I just tested my bag and it took 48 seconds to fill. It took less than 30 when it was new but this unit is over a year old.

**Edit** Over a year old and used about 4 sessions a day.
Yeah, I guess it's a bit more of a concern with mine being that it has only filled up about 10 bags since new. Started noticing this issue about 3 bags ago. Only use it when I have company over.

lwien,

Derf

lwien said:
Bruce, I'll just wait to hear what your inquiry comes up with. I mean, the vape still works, but it just doesn't seem to want to fill up the bag as full as it did before and it takes a bit longer. If it doesn't get any worse, that's cool, but I guess the question is, if one experiences this, will it continue to get worse over time.
I'd go with.... YES. My Ion didn't one day go form 30 seconds new to almost 2 minutes... it must have gotten there slowly. ANd I just am now going past annoyed and headed into frustrated.

Bruce, I was right there with you thinking its a pump not a fan, so maybe the diaphram inside broke... and the fact that this thing get so hot could have any number of effects on any rubber or vinyl components with expansion and contraction.

I'll wait to hear what you turn up, and I'll keep you posted about the time if it increases any more. I use my Ion every day so what would the turn around time be for something like a send-in? Any chance you can get your hands on an individual pump and see if it is sealed or serviceable? Or can you get a look at the internals of the Ion and see if there is anything that strikes you as a rubber tube between the pump and the heat chamber that could have fallen off?

Derf,

Beezleb

I also have the slow down I think, I will time a bag. I thought it was just me. I timed filling one regular size bag, no leaks at 395. It took 2:36 seconds according to online stopwatch.

I really do not recall how fast it originally blew the bag new but I do believe it is taking longer.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beez, do you also notice that it is not filling it up as full as when it was new? Kinda like the sense that there is either a leak in the bag, or the pump isn't strong enough to fully fill the bag?

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Seems there is in fact a problem with some of the elbow connections inside the ION. I am not pleased with it but I am happy that it seems to be an easy fix. If the elbow connecting the hose at either end has a flaw, the heat and vibration will eventually cause a fail. We have seen a problem with the elbow connection before and the fix is quite simple. If you think you are affected by this problem please contact me via email and we can work out a solution.

I would like to point out how grateful I am to the members on here for speaking up and bringing issues forward. We are not too proud to try and fix flaws. The idea is to keep improving and that is a constant process. Thank you all.

might as well keep going,..........

Beta Software Release,.... well,.. I did get a copy of the software to try. I couldn't get it to work properly and since I had an issue, no reason to send it out to be torn apart yet. Fix a couple things and then let it get torn apart hehe. ummm reviewed. Then again,.. if you write this type of software,.. I may just like to hear from you,....

Whip,..... sorry,.. no new news other than the same promises I have been getting. It will come and all will rejoice,.. or at least be content.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

My problem has been identified. Solutions are being worked out directly through Bruce. Thanks Bruce - and let me :thumbsup: the great online presence of Zephyr Vaporizers.

If you experience this problem, I suggest you post here to bring attention to the matter and/or email Bruce directly. I think this is a problem they have seen before so they are aware of the issue already.

What is the program written in? I'm learning the Cocoa framework for writing iphone apps.

This is the sound of me NOT holding my breath for the whip, but I do have my ear out for updates. Personally I've grown fond of using bags.

In the mean time, the Iolite has become my daily work horse.

Derf,

Beezleb

lwien said:
Beez, do you also notice that it is not filling it up as full as when it was new? Kinda like the sense that there is either a leak in the bag, or the pump isn't strong enough to fully fill the bag?
Yea, reminds me like a kid trying to blow up a large balloon. Looking forward to this being corrected. I thought it was just me.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
I thought it was just me.
Yeah. Me too.

Thank you Derf for bringing this up and thak you Bruce for jumping on this as quick as you did..........but most of all, I got to thank FC for making this a place where manufacturers and users of their product have a place where things like this can have a resolution.

I'd also like to thank my Mom, my agent............oh..........and God !! ;)

lwien,

Derf

lwien said:
Thank you Derf for bringing this up and thank you Bruce for jumping on this as quick as you did..........but most of all, I got to thank FC for making this a place where manufacturers and users of their product have a place where things like this can have a resolution.
Couldn't agree more.

Here's some humor to keep this thread alive, and lets not let this issue tarnish Zephyr's vaporizer; hopefully people will see the strong support that they have behind their product and for the customer.

projectx.jpg

Derf,
Derf said:
lwien said:
Thank you Derf for bringing this up and thank you Bruce for jumping on this as quick as you did..........but most of all, I got to thank FC for making this a place where manufacturers and users of their product have a place where things like this can have a resolution.
Couldn't agree more.

Here's some humor to keep this thread alive, and lets not let this issue tarnish Zephyr's vaporizer; hopefully people will see the strong support that they have behind their product and for the customer.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1265/projectx.jpg
ROFL!!

I hope mine is all good for awhile. I have nothing else I like!!! Combustion does not do anything for me anymore!

Rottweiler1080z,

Venti

Bruce@Zephyr said:
"The whip should be out in the summer, we just have to make 100% there is no cadmium in them"
WTF!!!

I can just imagine the furious Chinese factory owner now, "The cadmium was supposed to go in the kiddie's toys, not the Zephyr Ion whip!"

Venti,

vapingnewbie

I bought one earlier this week and noticed my bags don't seem to have thick vapor in them. Even on the first green bag. Is vaporizers not made for mids(like is their not enough THC to vape off)? I feel like I don't even get high at all. And if I do its not noticeable. Im using it at 380(after thinking 360 wasn't doing anything). And I usually fill the basket just under half way. And the material comes out brown and the vapor tastes like good so clearly something must be happening. Maybe im immune?

Tolerance: Smoke like 4-8 joints a day

vapingnewbie,

max

Out to lunch
Venti said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
"The whip should be out in the summer, we just have to make 100% there is no cadmium in them"
WTF!!!

I can just imagine the furious Chinese factory owner now, "The cadmium was supposed to go in the kiddie's toys, not the Zephyr Ion whip!"
And if zero cadmium is achieved, you'll only have to worry about exposure from "air pollution, batteries, ceramic glazes/enamels, cigarette smoke (both first and second hand), tap and well water, food (if grown in cadmium-contaminated soil), fungicides, mines, paints, power and smelting plants, seafood, etc.

Exposure to cadmium can occur through inhalation or ingestion in places or situations where cadmium products are used, manufactured, or ingested. Cigarette smoke is the biggest source of cadmium toxicity, which seems to primarily affect the lungs, kidneys, bones, and immune system. It may lead to lung cancer, prostate cancer and heart disease, and also causes yellow teeth and anemia. Cadmium also seems to contribute to autoimmune thyroid disease." http://www.bioperfection.com/health/toxicity.htm

As with all discussions of possible toxins from vaporizer use, we have to consider the amount involved, in context with the exposure we do get, or could get, in everyday life. Every cigarette contains about 1 mcg of cadmium; approximately 30 percent of which goes into your lungs and is absorbed. The other 70% is exhaled and could be inhaled by others as second hand smoke.

Just a reminder on everyday exposure to toxins. Any further discussion on materials safety should be moved to General Vaporization.

max,

Derf

max said:
Just a reminder on everyday exposure to toxins. Any further discussion on materials safety should be moved to General Vaporization.
Agreed. I love seeing this thread move along, but lets keep it focused on the Zephyr Ion, not on Cadmium.

@vapingnewbie

Vaporizers are designed to be as efficient as possible, meaning they are better for mid/low grade herb than smoking because they waste less THC than smoking, so you can still get high off low-grade herb. Things that effect the amount of vapor you see:
- the quality of your herb. If you are smoking something with seeds in it, THC production from the plant was not as maximal as it could be. If the strain was not very potent, or was grown by an inexperienced grower, the THC content may not be optimal. The less THC in the plant, the less THC in the bag.
- How much of the herb has already been vaped. Under normal circumstances you'll notice the first bag to be the thickest with vapor, while the secondary and following bags will be thinner in vapor. However you said your first bag was already thin in vapor, so...
- The temperature you are vaping at. As you turn the heat up, you'll get more out of your herb. Not just THC, but cannabinoids that augment the THC-induced high. 365 should completely vaporizer THC, while higher temps will release different cannabinoids to alter the high. At 385 you should really be getting some good vapor though.

Questions:
- How long does a bag take to fill? Some internal connectors on mine were leaking and a bag took almost 2 minutes to fill. Because the air wasn't being forcefully directed through my herb, it had trouble being pushed up into the bag, and so my bags were decidedly thinner in vapor.
- Did you make sure the O-ring is in place above the metal basket?

Derf,

JeffK1893

Its been a while since ive posted so i figured id give an update on the Ion i won.

Once i got home with the box on my doorstep i knew it was it. After opening the nicely designed packaging, etc, I got to the unit. Overall the design of the unit is really sleek. The Metal faceplate looks great on the black finish, while the green/red screen is very nice also. It is also very simple to use. Although the bags do fill fatt, i tried placing the tubing off my Vapor Bro's whip around the top male nozzle, and once i turned it on i loved it. I actually use it with the whip more often than the bags. I couldn't asked for a better prize, thanks again! :D

Im excited for the software and whip :D

Thanks again,

Jeff

JeffK1893,

Derf

I think it is possible some of the elbows popped off the connectors because of back pressure from over-filling the balloon. I would usually fill it as full as possible (without bursting) and that may have put some back pressure on the elbows to blow off their connectors. Just a thought.

Derf,

Beezleb

Outstanding service and backing of their product. I was bummed thinking I had to wait longer for the fix as I was unable to fix mine myself and Zephyr decided to replace with a new one. I am thrilled and why I love my MLFB its just not what I want at home.

Beezleb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Pump / Elbow issue resolved. New units should not have that problem anymore. We changed out a procedure and some materials, I think this one is fixed.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Anthony

Anthony
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Pump / Elbow issue resolved. New units should not have that problem anymore. We changed out a procedure and some materials, I think this one is fixed.
Hey bruce, anything I should change over on my unit to prevent this issue from occurring on my unit? Also those new bags are a lot quieter and fill much better, Thanks!

Anthony,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Anthony said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Hey bruce, anything I should change over on my unit to prevent this issue from occurring on my unit? Also those new bags are a lot quieter and fill much better, Thanks!
Anthony, I think you are already covered. let me know if you have any problems.

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom