Zephyr Ion

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
tophfisher said:
Bruce - Quick question for ya.

My friends and I swear the Zephyr seems to warm up faster if the blower is turned on for a little bit. Also we've noticed if we turn the temp up quite a bit, and run the blower, the temp seems to reach the higher settings much faster than if we had just turned it up and not ran the blower.

Granted - we're not saying it takes a long time in general.. But just noticed the differences.

We wondered, is that the read out wrong, or does the heater go into over drive with the blower is running?
-Chris
Chris,
I know that the heat sync does turn on when the air pump is on. This keeps the heating element at a consistent temperature while cool air is being blown across it. I would however advise that on initial heat up to let the the ION do it's thing. 3-5 minutes isn't terrible.

**edit** I heard the beta software will be released soon, if you haven't already signed up on the ION site for notification, now would be a good time.

http://zephyrvaporizers.com/store/page.html?id=6&zenid=49282117de0a41f5b1b39e4c7a1dc32c

Bruce@Zephyr,

Derf

Bruce@Zephyr said:
The whip will come, it isn't a myth... Right now it is looking like late May.
What does it look like now?

On another note, glad to hear that the new bags will be coming in July, and the beta software is coming out soon.

Derf,

Derf

geez.jpg

Well as long as this doesn't turn into a case of vaporware, lol. (and I guess the pun works)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Also, how should be get in touch with you, Bruce, for the tickets to hemp con in July? Can we just show up and call your cell and you meet us at the gate, or will you be mailing them in advance?

Lastly, will there be any feedback mechanism for the softare? You said "beta" release, which usually implies we report back on bugs. Will there be any way to request features, etc.? I assume you've got a crack team of monkeys working on this stuff, lol.

Derf,

nvlystd

Steve
Been trying to play catch up on the forum in order to find out the new estimated date for receiving the aforementioned whip! I've been enjoying my Zepher for about 6 weeks now with the only complaint is the lack of a choice for vaping, between a whip & the bags. Anyway hope we get a new date soon as I'm tired of sucking baloons!

nvlystd,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Broke this thing out again on Friday as I was taking the day off and had no kids around. This vape makes the lower temp highs more distinguishable than any other vape I own. My confidence in the temp control is sky high!

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
The Whip The Whip.... it isn't vaporware,... well it is vapor ware but not vaporware,.... The main problem has been keeping up with production of the actual ION which keeps pushing the whip further back. It is coming, it will be free to folks who own an ION already but I can't give a date other than what I have been told,.... "The whip should be out in the summer, we just have to make 100% there is no cadmium in them"

Treating Yourself Expo in Toronto in July,...
We are taking care of the final paperwork now and I will make a post here soon to get a list of attendees. The tickets will be available at Will-call in Toronto at the show.

Beta Software - we will most certainly be looking for feedback and looking for features that you all would like to see built in.

Bruce@Zephyr,

max

Out to lunch
The main problem has been keeping up with production of the actual ION which keeps pushing the whip further back.
That's the kind of problem a manufacturer doesn't mind too much. ;)

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Beta Software - we will most certainly be looking for feedback and looking for features that you all would like to see built in.
I haven't seen this asked before (doen't mean anything I can be unobservant at times :) ), so is the software going to be Windows only, Mac only, Mac/Win or Mac/Win/*ix?

thanks

Tom

tdavie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Ion is tough, imo. I knocked it off my fridge about three feet onto the dryer and it still works fine.

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
:brow:
stickstones said:
The Ion is tough, imo. I knocked it off my fridge about three feet onto the dryer and it still works fine.
We don't advise testing the ion in this manner. Glad it is safe and good to hear it still works.

The beta software is going to be pc at first.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
here you go. i use a power converter myself and it works fine so far.

Bruce@Zephyr said:
Ok,.. here is what I have found out

Wattage consumption
350 watts when its heating up, then goes to 2 watts (power consumption to keep the lights on) once the unit is hot and you will get 10-15 watt intermittent spurts to keep the unit at the temp you set.

17-19 watts when the pump is on

Heisenberg,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Heisenberg said:
here you go. i use a power converter myself and it works fine so far.

Bruce@Zephyr said:
Ok,.. here is what I have found out

Wattage consumption
350 watts when its heating up, then goes to 2 watts (power consumption to keep the lights on) once the unit is hot and you will get 10-15 watt intermittent spurts to keep the unit at the temp you set.

17-19 watts when the pump is on
Thanks for your post, you are quicker in the draw than I am today. Hahha. I have been wondering how your Ion has been working out. I am pretty certain you have the only Zephyr in Europe.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Thanks for your post, you are quicker in the draw than I am today. Hahha. I have been wondering how your Ion has been working out. I am pretty certain you have the only Zephyr in Europe.
it has been working out really great. the ION is very reliable so far. all my friends love it and always want me to bring it with me. especially filling a 3 feet balloon is really fun! for a nice evening with some friends around the ION is perfect.

when i am alone i use it rarely. but this might change with the whip coming out. i rather reach for my Iolite because of its short warm-up-time and its stealth. besides i need less herb with it.

overall i am really satisfied with your product and somehow proud that i have the only ION in europe :D
this might change quickly if you offered an european model. the use of a power converter makes it more complicated to transport.

Heisenberg,

Anthony

Anthony
I bought a Zephyr Ion yesterday from puffitup.com and looking forward to it showing up :) It will go great with my MFLB!

Anthony,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Anthony said:
I bought a Zephyr Ion yesterday from puffitup.com and looking forward to it showing up :) It will go great with my MFLB!
Anthony, I hope you enjoy your new ION. I look forward to a review. Is this the same Anthony that I have been emailing?

Bruce@Zephyr,

Anthony

Anthony
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Anthony said:
Anthony, I hope you enjoy your new ION. I look forward to a review. Is this the same Anthony that I have been emailing?
Yea! Thanks for your excellent e-mail Bruce!

Anthony,

Anthony

Anthony
**Update**

I have been using the Zephyr this entire weekend and I am VERY VERY happy with my purchase. My only regret is that I did not purchase this sooner!. It heats up very quickly and makes my bud last even longer then in my MFLB.

I give it a A+

-Anthony

Anthony,

Derf

Would any of you good sirs be kind enough to help me with a survey? I seem to remember my Ion filling bags a lot faster when it was new. I've since replaced my original bag with a slightly smaller replacement - it is tied off at the top. I used no herb in the chamber (to obstruct flow) and I timed how long it took to fill the bag. It took a minute and 45 seconds. In addition, I remember the warning that if you leave the pump going it could burst your bag, however the pump seems so anemic now that even when leaving the pump running there seems to be little possibility that the bag will burst. I've checked the foam filter on the bottom, and it is clean. Airflow seems unrestricted, and the location of the unit hasn't varied from the time I began using it to now. I've cleaned out the teflon nipple on top so there is no buildup there, however I've only had the unit a couple of months now.

Can you tell me how long it takes you to fill a bag? And if my pump is actually failing, what should I do (Bruce)? Is there something I should check/clean/replace?

Derf,

lwien

Derf said:
Would any of you good sirs be kind enough to help me with a survey? I seem to remember my Ion filling bags a lot faster when it was new. I've since replaced my original bag with a slightly smaller replacement - it is tied off at the top. I used no herb in the chamber (to obstruct flow) and I timed how long it took to fill the bag. It took a minute and 45 seconds. In addition, I remember the warning that if you leave the pump going it could burst your bag, however the pump seems so anemic now that even when leaving the pump running there seems to be little possibility that the bag will burst. I've checked the foam filter on the bottom, and it is clean. Airflow seems unrestricted, and the location of the unit hasn't varied from the time I began using it to now. I've cleaned out the teflon nipple on top so there is no buildup there, however I've only had the unit a couple of months now.
Experiencing the EXACT same thing. When new, it would blow up the bag quicker, and fuller. Now it fills the bag slower and seems to never fill it up to the point that it did before. I thought there may be a leak in the bag, so I put on the other one that came with the vape. Same thing. It seems the pump just isn't working as strong as it did when new. I too cleaned the screens and the filters.

Thoughts on this Bruce?

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Derf said:
Experiencing the EXACT same thing. When new, it would blow up the bag quicker, and fuller. Now it fills the bag slower and seems to never fill it up to the point that it did before. I thought there may be a leak in the bag, so I put on the other one that came with the vape. Same thing. It seems the pump just isn't working as strong as it did when new. I too cleaned the screens and the filters.

Thoughts on this Bruce?
I have heard of this a couple times but have yet to experience it myself. Since the air source is a pump and not a fan I am not real certain what the issue is. I don't doubt that some units have diminished airflow over time and if it gets to be unpleasant we will switch the units out but I am not 100% on the problem or a cure. The best I can come up with off the top of my head is perhaps a distended diaphragm in the air pump itself or perhaps the hose on the inside has gotten kinked or partially collapsed (heat + time + zero adhesives). I will start looking into this and let you know what I come up with. If you would like to send in your ION for us to evaluate, email me and we will get it taken care of ASAP.

Bruce@Zephyr,

lwien

Bruce, I'll just wait to hear what your inquiry comes up with. I mean, the vape still works, but it just doesn't seem to want to fill up the bag as full as it did before and it takes a bit longer. If it doesn't get any worse, that's cool, but I guess the question is, if one experiences this, will it continue to get worse over time.

lwien,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Bruce, I'll just wait to hear what your inquiry comes up with. I mean, the vape still works, but it just doesn't seem to want to fill up the bag as full as it did before and it takes a bit longer. If it doesn't get any worse, that's cool, but I guess the question is, if one experiences this, will it continue to get worse over time.
True that,.. and the problem with trying to answer that question is, I have no data to back it up. The Zephyr has only been out since August so I don't know what the long term fail rate is. It has me a bit concerned but if the ION is still working for you, that is a good thing. If it does diminish more I would like to know. I just tested my bag and it took 48 seconds to fill. It took less than 30 when it was new but this unit is over a year old.

**Edit** Over a year old and used about 4 sessions a day.

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom