Zephyr Ion Contest /Promotion/something free

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHigh

I have amuch better idea. I am very high right now so maybe this is fuckin stupid, but CNN is on in the background and I got this idea:

Who can raise the most money for Haiti relief/reconstruction?

I'll expand on this idea when I have a clearer head.

MileHigh,

lwien

Nothing like being in a brainstorming meeting with a bunch of stoners. :lol:

lwien,

MileHigh

lwien said:
Nothing like being in a brainstorming meeting with a bunch of stoners. :lol:
Haha yeah. It goes slow but the end result can actually be more creative IMO. Best to have one sober person there to keep shit on track and reject ridiculous nonsense.

I've got lots of ideas on how the charity thing could work swirling around in my head, we'll see how it shakes out.

MileHigh,

JeffK1893

MY IDEA :D

A creative picture or video(Any kind having anything to do with the zephyr ion)-Contest. It can be a creative picture justifying why they NEED the zephyr ion, or announcing the best traits about the Ion. Basically anything. Maybe create a story with the zephyr ion on the plot? as a character? Something halarous that will be enjoyed viewing. I say its a contest based purely on the creativity and quality of the piece of work, while incorperating the Ion into it in some unique and artistic, possibly unexpected way. Maybe Create advertisements like i suggested in my first reply? Anyone can do something creative and post a picture or video on the web, and i personally think it will yield the coolest and most entertaining entries possible. Letting the creativity of your fellow members come out through media like this over the web can lead to some pretty awesome things.

So this and the points listed in my first post, are some of my ideas for the contest. I think this is an awesome way to get the word (and unit) of this vape around, along with enjoying ourselves.

Jeff

JeffK1893,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
1. who can take the most zephyr balloons
2. who can make the coolest edible vapor attachment
3. craziest spot to hit a vape at
4. best story about when you were vaped
5. best picture w/ vaporizer in it
6. who can vape the most herb

thats all i can think of at the moment.
:peace:

Portability,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the basic problem with this contest (if it requires the use of an Ion) is that the prize is something that the winner already has. If it doesn't require the used of an Ion, then several of these ideas will need to be thrown out so all can participate.

How about a contest where the entrants submit why they need one so badly. Submit it in any form you want...video, essay, audio, whatever. I won't give away any of my ideas for submission, but it would get pretty funny.

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
13 hours till the first part of this contest is over. Get your thoughts collected and ideas in order....
I see some good thoughts out there.
I will also take into consideration your ideas on which contest you like best.
I am pretty excited!

Bruce@Zephyr,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I like the idea of allowing video, written submissions, photos, comic strips, etc, etc, etc (and agree that limiting contestants to those who already own an Ion would drastically decrease the number of participants).

However, the contest idea of "why one needs one so badly" is very similar to mine from the original thread about "why they feel they should get one".

Another addendum to the idea tho, you may want to leave an undetermined/TBA final submission date, so you don't have to pick an apple from a tree without any ripe ones ;) . You could also provide a disclaimer that all entries/winners may be presented/linked on FC and possibly used for promotional materials at some point (you may be amazed at what some people come up with :brow: ).

links to all of my ramblings (for your convenience):
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=50873#p50873
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=50967#p50967
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=51625#p51625

edit: Electrician, you definitely win! It is fun! Everyone wins! Some just win stickers :p (and a good time playing ;) ).

Progress,

lwien

Progress said:
However, the contest idea of "why one needs one so badly" is very similar to mine from the original thread about "why they feel they should get one".
Yeah, there's been a lot of ideas repeated here, some of them just reworded from the original ones. I have no doubt that Bruce will sift through all these and pick the original one that he likes best.

There's a lot of good ideas here, and it looks like whichever one he pics, it'll be a fun exercise.

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

Another contest I decided to come up with could be used for "promotion." My friend told me about a contest similar to this where the company asked them to promote for them. In the end they used twitter to promote the product and it went very well. Person who generates the most exposure wins. Why it works is everyone who didn't win still generated a ton of exposure. Methods would be via hashtags and I think it would work very well for promotion.

Or it could be something like share your best story, what got you into smoking/vaping, most people starting smoking first, then went to vaping, so each is it's own story.

I also had the logo design/slogan, from my other post, I decided to put everything together.

Konrad_Zuse,

JeffK1893

stickstones said:
the basic problem with this contest (if it requires the use of an Ion) is that the prize is something that the winner already has. If it doesn't require the used of an Ion, then several of these ideas will need to be thrown out so all can participate.

How about a contest where the entrants submit why they need one so badly. Submit it in any form you want...video, essay, audio, whatever. I won't give away any of my ideas for submission, but it would get pretty funny.
Although i see your concern, it doesnt mean these ideas need to be thrown out. Thats where the creativity shows- you dont necessarily need to have one. You can make a cardboard cutout of one, insert a pic of one using editing software even- such as paint on windows, or something similar on Mac. You dont need the actual ion necessarily, bc not too many people here can say they do. Be creative! Use different ways to represent the ion if the real thing isnt available. Hell, you can even make a "model" of one using playdough! With cameras being extremely common, it wouldnt take too much effort for anybody to find one, i'd imagine.

Here is a list of all my ideas, in order to make it easier to read.

1) Most creative use of the Ion. Can be shown in picture and/or video.
2) Create a zephyr ion and/or vaporizer accessory. Winner is based on creativity, and/or usefulness.
3) Create a brochure or advertisement for the Zephyr Ion
4) The nicest or largest vapor hit. Can be submitted by pics/vids
5) Best Vapo Setup
6) Best "Stealth Vaping" Picture- Use of vapo in stealth (Such as in public, risky places)- submit by pic/vid
7) FuckCombustion Compare/Contrast- Create a pic/vid comparing and contrasting the negatives of combusting with the benefits of vaporizing.

8)A creative picture or video(Any kind having anything to do with the zephyr ion)-Contest. It can be a creative picture justifying why they NEED the zephyr ion, or announcing the best traits about the Ion. Basically anything. Maybe create a story with the zephyr ion on the plot? as a character? Something hilarous that will be enjoyed viewing. I say its a contest based purely on the creativity and quality of the piece of work, while incorperating the Ion into it in some unique and artistic, possibly unexpected way. Maybe Create advertisements (Like #3)? Anyone can do something creative and post a picture or video on the web, and i personally think it will yield the coolest and most entertaining entries possible. Letting the creativity of your fellow members come out through media like this over the web can lead to some pretty awesome things.

9)A Model Contest? Have people create a model of the Zephyr Ion- Leave the creativity and materials used to the people who submit them. It will be based on creativity and quality of the model, with the fact known that not everybody is a natural born artist. It would be submitted via pic or video, which can be modified on posted with a camera and a drawing program such as Paint on Windows.

10) The best cover lyrics with details of the Zephyr Ion on a song. Recreate lyrics for a well known, hilarious, or just plain good song. Needs to have the original song suppllied, along with the typed lyrics submitted via post or PM, with a voice over preferable and optional, but not necessary?

11) Best Zephyr Ion Improvement suggestion/example? As in, the contest doesnt end until you guys are impressed with the ideas of some one, with examples of their improvements by picture demonstration and/or guide, etc.

12)Best Acronym for the word Zephyr Ion

13)Mascot Decision- Draw a character who should be used as a slogan/advertisement sample for the Zephyr Ion. Can be submitted via scanned drawings, and/or drawings done on the computer.

14) Irony Contest- Show an ironic phrase, idea, etc by using any creative medium, such as poem, picture, art piece, etc. The irony has to be based with Vaporizing, the Zephyr Ion, or Hitting a vape in general

----Or if there is a concern about the limiting of contestants, how about the pest drawn picture? It can be hand drawn/scanned, or use Paint, or a similar program that draws. It will be based on creativity also, but not necessarily in quality, since not everybody is a great artist. It can be humerous, creative, or just plain funny. Anyone who has a computer has either the program Paint on Windows, or something similar on the Mac. You can even edit photos in Paint. So either a created drawing,

Jeff K

JeffK1893,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Bruce,

Do you have an idea of when the winner from the first round of the promotional Zephyr Ion contest will be announced? (as I am sure some of us are anxiously awaiting that announcement :brow: ).

I know that I can not wait to find out what round two of the contest will be.

Thanks again for putting this fun contest together for all of us here at fuckcombustion.com :tup:

Progress,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
JeffK1893 said:
MY IDEA :D

A creative picture or video(Any kind having anything to do with the zephyr ion)-Contest. It can be a creative picture justifying why they NEED the zephyr ion, or announcing the best traits about the Ion. Basically anything. Maybe create a story with the zephyr ion on the plot? as a character? Something halarous that will be enjoyed viewing. I say its a contest based purely on the creativity and quality of the piece of work, while incorperating the Ion into it in some unique and artistic, possibly unexpected way. Maybe Create advertisements like i suggested in my first reply? Anyone can do something creative and post a picture or video on the web, and i personally think it will yield the coolest and most entertaining entries possible. Letting the creativity of your fellow members come out through media like this over the web can lead to some pretty awesome things.

So this and the points listed in my first post, are some of my ideas for the contest. I think this is an awesome way to get the word (and unit) of this vape around, along with enjoying ourselves.

Jeff
We Have A WINNER!
Congratulations JeffK1893
Jeff, send me a PM with your address or email it to bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com please.
I will post the details of the second part of this contest in a new thread.

There were some great ideas and picking just one was not all that easy. I admit, I was leaning toward the retro-ad idea but I think the idea above gives more opportunity for promotions and marketing, which is of course why we run these types of contests.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Progress said:
Bruce,

Do you have an idea of when the winner from the first round of the promotional Zephyr Ion contest will be announced? (as I am sure some of us are anxiously awaiting that announcement :brow: ).

I know that I can not wait to find out what round two of the contest will be.

Thanks again for putting this fun contest together for all of us here at fuckcombustion.com :tup:
Yes, announced as you were writing this question.
Round two has been posted in it's own thread
thank you everyone who entered.

If you put in an entry and want us to ship your "secondary" prize please email me bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com with your name, mailing address, and DOB,... please put Zephyr Ion Contest Part 1 as the email subject.

thanks again to everyone who entered.
Bruce

Bruce@Zephyr,

JeffK1893

I am still in shock i got picked lol i am so excited!
Thanks for the contest in general, Bruce. And thanks for the congrats!

I'll be posting a thurough review video within the next month or so :D

Jeff

JeffK1893,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bruce@Zephyr wrote:
If you have entered either of the 2 contests, I will need an email with your name, address, FC screeename and age. Please include in the subject line "Fuck Combustion contest"
Thank you.
I will be announcing winners this week and mailing prizes as well.
bruce@zephyrvaporizers.com

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom