Z----Zombie
E----Eagerly
P----Punches
H----Horny
Y-----Yak
R----Repeatedly

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

My idea, which I posted in another area was to design or create a logo that could be used for the Zephyr Ion, or a slogan or quote of some sort :).

Konrad_Zuse,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
lo said:
I like the tag line idea A LOT :)
Yeah, Photo(shop) and video contests are fun but not everyone can participate.

Anyone can come up with a catchy tagline, and it doesn't appear that you have one. Zephyr Ion - Get your high on. :brow:

vtac,

lwien

vtac said:
lo said:
I like the tag line idea A LOT :)
Yeah, Photo(shop) and video contests are fun but not everyone can participate.

Anyone can come up with a catchy tagline, and it doesn't appear that you have one. Zephyr Ion - Get your high on. :brow:
CHEATER. It's not even a contest yet. :lol: ;)
Great tag line though.

lwien,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
An airdometer would be fun, then the person with the most "miles" through their machine wins. Or how about bring a new vendor and order to the Zephyr Ion company, a guest sales rep.

Clever User name,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist

you dress up like zephyr the greek god of the west wind and make a promotion video or picture for the zephyr vaporizer. in this video or picture you try to convince other gods and the common people to give up smoking and switch to vaporizing :D

Heisenberg,

Raf007

Retailer
Zephir ion, the fire is on !!

and i want a patent for that one :D

Raf007,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Raf007 said:

You want a copyright not a patent but that is ok, the sentiment was understood.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Raf007

Retailer
Yes, a copyright lol, xcuse the bad english (again).

And may i add, I would like... a copyright.... to put it in a more polite (but still joking) way :)

PS: Do you accept out of the USA participants.... from France for example ?

Raf007,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
If someone were to enter and win (or not) and we used that persons entry for promotions or ads, we would make certain that person gave us permission and received recognition for their talent.

Anyone can enter from anywhere. Off the continent I may ask for a little help on the shipping charges. The Zephyr Ion is a $360 tool as it is and we are giving away 2 of them.

We have indeed been working on tag lines so far I am leaning for something like that and honestly I like the "retro ad" concept. I do want the contest to be something anyone has a chance at winning, would hate for someone to miss out because they don't have the resources for photo editing or video. Even so, it is all still up in the air.

I had the tag line "Got my Eye On the ION" but was overruled in committee haha

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Raf007 said:

oh yea,.. you spelled Zephyr wrong,.. lost points for that one and of course fire is out of the question.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
The Zephyr Ion - Silly name, Serious Vape.

:D

EDIT: Upon looking it up its cool that Zephyr refers fo the greek god of the wind, which i imagine is the idea behind the name.

Still sounds funny though :D

Survivalism,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
another idea... write a short essay on why you think the future of vaporizing will be.

or.. tell your greatest Stoner "McGuyver" incident. Tell how you cobbled random bits of junk together too make a quick on the spot vaporizer, or something equally genius too make your vaporizer session work better.

or... Have contestants guess, too the second, how long it will take too blow up a 7 foot bag on the Zephyr, closest too the answer wins. Film it before the contest, and show it after too show the winner.

or... best pickup line involving vaporizing.

DevoTheStrange,

Raf007

Retailer
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Bruce@Zephyr said:
Raf007 said:

oh yea,.. you spelled Zephyr wrong,.. lost points for that one and of course fire is out of the question.
thanks for your kind answer :D

I kind of saw it coming lol

it's cool that anyone can play also ! And helping in the shipping makes sense when worldwide.

Raf007,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
:2c: on the marketing slogan:

"Zephyr, the Greek god of wind, is now vying for the title of Vapor King too. Check it out at http://..."

You could even have a fictional story that references all of the strengths of the Zephyr with links to factual/promotional information imbedded in all of the performance references of the story (I already have a fictional vaporizer story published on the website of another vaporizer manufacturer and would be glad to write this one if my idea should be chosen as a contest winner). :brow:

On another note, if you do decide to use my idea (a contest that asks people to share what they like about the Zephyr and why they should get one one) you may want to have people post their entries in a FC Lounge, Zephyr-contest thread designated solely for contest entries (this could make it easier to track entries, would likely entice contestants to feed off of each other's entries, would act as ongoing contest advertising, and it can't hurt to have a thread full of flattery on the best website for vaporizer information--not to mention that the forum may appreciate you enticing others to join FC to participate in the contest :tup: ).

Bruce, these contests are great IMO. Thanks for making the effort to organize, orchestrate, and facilitate this contest. Best wishes (may you bring the Zephyr from Ion to icon!) :D

Progress,

MileHigh

I know the video idea was mine, and I'll shamelessly promote it now.

First, yeah not everybody could participate, but think about it this way; I would love to compete in the world cup this summer, but do I get to? Nope, I don't have the necessary skillset. That doesn't diminish the quality or legitimacy of the contest.

Second, think about the real purpose of the contest. It's not to win the prize really, it's to entertain our community. And would you rather have a ton of mediocre entries, or fewer entries that took more time and polish?

Third, collaborating with your smoking buddies to win a new vape by making a video would be lots of fun. My friends and I were bored the summer between junior and senior year in high school, and we ended up getting the idea to make a movie. It was a blast, and the project grew so much that eventually it involved probably 25-30 people from our graduating class and had to be completed over the following winter break.

MileHigh,

lwien

MileHigh said:
Second, think about the real purpose of the contest. It's not to win the prize really, it's to entertain our community.
:lol: No it's not.

The purpose of the contest is to sell more Zephyrs. Nothing wrong with that. It's just...........is what it is, a marketing contest to generate interest in a new product line.

lwien,

MileHigh

By the way I'll expand my idea to any kind of viral-video submission contest. Maybe Potheads Funniest Home Videos? Or Vap'd? FuckCombustion Idol?

MileHigh,

Derf

I agree that the purpose of the contest is to generate product interest in the Zephyr Ion, and to that end, we are providing the entertainment to generate the product interest. Our reward is the product, and while winning the contest is our goal, that is not the purpose of the contest for Zephyr, which is to create some noise about their company and their product.

Although this is a forum, usually limited to posting text, I don't believe we need to confine the contest to words and text. For this reason I believe that the context should escape from simple things such as catchy phrases, taglines, poems, essays, and stories.

I think the video idea would be neat if it looked professional, unfortunately I have my doubts about that, and am imagining a whole bunch of youtube-esque antics from a bunch of stoners. Further, I agree that many of us don't have the tools necessary (hardware, software, or skills) to effectively compete in this arena, and I think the purpose is to generate as much activity among as many members as possible.

I like the ideas of creating marketing campaigns for the product ala retro-themed ads, etc, but on the other hand I feel that should be left up to the advertising department at Zephyr. For this reason, I feel that we shouldn't feel burdened to only create ads for the Zephyr, but vaporizing in general. Product placement of Zephyrs should NOT be the focus, although I concede this is a company-sponsored contest to generate awareness of their market presence vis-a-vis interest in a product. I would hope that the contest could/would also be useful for generating general interest in vaporizing, as that is in line with the interests of ALL the members of this board.

Personally, of all the ideas so far, I have to admit I'm partial to taking famous images and combining them with vaporizing (product images and/or slogans), such as looking at Rosie the Riveter with a vaporizer in her hand telling you 'get vaped', Uncle Sam saying he wants you to put down that bong and vaporize, or Smokey the Bear saying he wants you to stop burning and start vaping.
wecan.jpg

uncle-sam.jpg

d834smokey-bear-only-you-posters.jpg

What I do think is that the contest should be graphical in nature. Somehow it should involve pictures. We are a visual society, and we love to look! I haven't yet wrapped my mind around what the theme of the contest might be, but I feel that either taking a picture, modifying a picture, or creating some sort of artistic image should be the direction we move this contest in.

As for what the image-themed contest would be, I think any would be successful.

edit: sorry the images are so big

Derf,

MileHigh

Derf said:
I think the video idea would be neat if it looked professional, unfortunately I have my doubts about that, and am imagining a whole bunch of youtube-esque antics from a bunch of stoners...
Exactly.

Who wouldn't want to see FC Idol? Clear dome could cover his fellow french-canadien Celine Dion, or Tom and Rick could write diss raps about each other's products.

MileHigh,

lwien

MileHigh said:
Clear dome could cover his fellow french-canadien Celine Dion, or Tom and Rick could write diss raps about each other's products.
LOL !! :lol::lol:

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
heres another one. If MJ were Legalized, describe your vision of what a MJ store should be.... Where would you like to go shopping for your herb and toys. How would you make that store different than Dispenseries are today.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

DevoTheStrange said:
heres another one. If MJ were Legalized, describe your vision of what a MJ store should be.... Where would you like to go shopping for your herb and toys. How would you make that store different than Dispenseries are today.
Yea, that is a good one DevoTheStrange,

I would like to expand on that even more make legal weed visions of life, how can you imagine weed fitting into todays society. This way it covers the entire issue or one can focus on smaller aspects such as the stores to looking at other aspects. Very interesting. I like the Essay ideas the best.

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
or write about why you think Marijuana is such a part of pop culture despite the fact it is illegal.

either that or you could hold a contest of Who Can write the best letter to local congressman or who ever they need to write... and despite who wins, send all letters off to who they are supposed to go to.
That way it's a win win situation.
You have a contest winner and all kinds of letters to send off to legislators

Or another, Come up with ideas of what you think should be included in the Vaporizer Gathering/Party that Bruce Mentioned

DevoTheStrange,

MileHigh

Would be lots of reading similar stuff over and over again, although I have to say that seemed like a really good idea when I first read it.

MileHigh,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom