Induction Heater YLL IH by YLL vape

Cannabiker

have you tried with an Anvil? I’ve been looking for an IH and if this one fits and heats with enough power, this will be the one I will get
The Anvil fits, and the YLL will heat it. But it took 50 seconds at full power, and the roast was very light. I'm sure I could get a darker roast with a longer heating, or maybe a deeper insertion (though it's already close to max depth), but I wouldn't want to subject the YLL to that much heat. When I pulled the Anvil, there was a trail of vapor coming off both devices, and it kept coming off of the YLL in a way that suggested it didn't originate from the Anvil. I didn't catch a whiff of burning plastic, but I'm a little stuffed up. I believe it was too much heat for the YLL, and I don't want to try it again to find out. For now the Inductor is the only IH I've seen with true Anvil capacity, but it's certainly not portable.

Cannabiker

have you tried with an Anvil? I’ve been looking for an IH and if this one fits and heats with enough power, this will be the one I will get
Oops--I forgot one. I haven't tried it, but the VapHotBox is designed for the Anvil (some models, anyway), and I've seen very positive reports on Discord.

Cannabiker,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Oops--I forgot one. I haven't tried it, but the VapHotBox is designed for the Anvil (some models, anyway), and I've seen very positive reports on Discord.
I also have heard good things about VHB IHs and have read that the desktop VHB will fit and heat an Anvil in a shorter time than the Wand. I'm more interested in their portable version, the VHB 3D 3S which uses 3x18650s.

However, I've read the internal coil diameter of the portable VHB is 14mm while the desktop is 15mm. Sucks for me because I wanted the heater to fit my Stunner which is 14mm 😪. Apparently the Anvil should work with the desktop version. Not sure about the portable one since I don't own an Anvil.

TigoleBitties,

Nina

Sorry to interrupt all this technical talk but I wanted to share that I have finally used my new YLL heater.
I know it's taken me a while but I'm a mostly edibles person AND I only got the batteries today (thanks again to @kokolokokolokon for showing me which ones to get 🙏)
I love it😍it's fabulous😍 it so enhances the Dynavap experience💖🤩💖
And the BOOST🥳👍

kokolokokolokon

I love the Yll ih 2.0, what are ure process to get the best 1he with it?

I usually do 3-4 hits from a single bowl with it but would be nice to have a good setting/technique for those 1he

It depends on the tip/cap, the time, the watts and the height.

With a normal cap + ti tip or m21 tip + captive i can get a one heat extraction with 55/60W deep height and ~20-22sec

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: Nina
Ill have to try that when i come home from work :) sounds like combustion numbers for me but I like a little trial and error

Is the cap pretty low in the device i guess on this heatup? (Deep height, this is what u mean right?)

Need to get a small ruler so i can measure the height for the cap

The way i have it setup now i can go for 1he in the half bowl setting but have a hard time getting more high from a 1he for a full bowl, but it still looks pretty spent but almost the same high, so i thought going for a slower heat up for a bigger 1he would be better, but maybe thats not the case? Ive only owned a dynavap since mid august, and i now have m21 tip(bb3/hula stem) M+ ss and Hydra OmniVong in lightwood with the 5fin ti tip and i love these things :D

bLars OkWriter8900,

kokolokokolokon

Ill have to try that when i come home from work :) sounds like combustion numbers for me but I like a little trial and error

Is the cap pretty low in the device i guess on this heatup? (Deep height, this is what u mean right?)

Need to get a small ruler so i can measure the height for the cap
You can start trying with 16-18 sec, good depth and, if you like to cook it slowly you can try 45W

Some people like a slow heat up.

And yes i mean a pretty low cap position
The best point on this device is you can get the config you want, but you need to find it.

I did read a guy who loves to use the device at 40W, getting a better battery life and slow heating to make one hit extraction. But i prefer something faster

I know my config for convector, pipe X, M21, ti +normal, armored and an artisan butane vape from a friend. But maybe my configs don’t work for you :D

kokolokokolokon,

kokolokokolokon

This are som configs I use with the Yllvape and some devices.
I show how deep i put the cap on the coil in every case, the seconds and power.

All this videos and configs are done for a non super oily hashish. For herbs it can be good to detract 2-3 seconds.

[This configs are for my preference, maybe you like to heat some devices slower with less power]

1- ObsidiuM (M21) by Dynavap

The Dynavap M is one device able to use a lot of configs on the yllih, but overall it is easy to use with it

2- Ptglass DV glass tip+ normal cap by @phanthuong0305 (PTglass)

This tip is a monster. With a lower power, a little more of depth and more time you can get several great hits, but i prefer it in this way.

3- Pipe X by @thehippie

In this one i see necessary to start the puff while it is being heated (since it is designed for this use with torch). You can just preheat it but you dont get that number of great clouds.

4- SS Convector by @Camouflet

This is not the best results i get with the convector + Yllih but they are consistent. For the convector i use the larger screw to adjust the depth to be as shallow as possible. With the Yllih the convector become super consistent.

5- 5fin Ti tip + armored (i will share it today)

6- m18 tip + normal cap (i will share it today)

Last edited:

warren0728

just ordered a yll ih 2.0 from @VGOODIEZ to use with my dynavaps and camouflet (i have a couple of pipes ih's and the switch on one of them is acting up)

can't wait to give it a try! with as fast as vgoodiez ships i'll probably have it yesterday lol!

Last edited:

Wylie

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
I have had my YLL 2.0 for a little while now. I am using a Revolve gen2 with a 5 fin ti tip and regular cap. I really rate the YLL once you find the sweet spot that works for you.
It feels well built, I get a decent battery life and with fast charging fully recharged in just over an hour (Molicel P28A batteries)
My one big disappointment with the Ylll is that it is not compatible with The Tempest so very soon will be gathering dust. It's a great IH but had I kown I would not have bought it tbh. I also think the shorter coil base should have been included in the box.
Bearing all that in mind I am overall impressed with this IH and would recommend it to others who are using a compatible stem/tip.

Bizkat

Spoke to VGOODIEZ. They’re sold out and do not plan on supporting YLL in the future. (Don’t know why)
Can anybody recommend other sources for YLL IH 2,0 in the States?

Dustin McKief

Stash Shack, currently on sale with free shipping. I have found that the included 11.5mm insert is good for the Convector. I had to order the 8.5mm insert from them direct, but I much prefer it with Dynavaps.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
Stash Shack, currently on sale with free shipping. I have found that the included 11.5mm insert is good for the Convector. I had to order the 8.5mm insert from them direct, but I much prefer it with Dynavaps.
Hi there. I can’t figure out why they sell 8.5mm insert. What is this use for? For Armoured cap?
I have an only plan dynavap.

akit4so,

Dustin McKief

Hi there. I can’t figure out why they sell 8.5mm insert. What is this use for? For Armoured cap?
I have an only plan dynavap.

The depth of the chamber and cap affects where the induction field is focused. The 8.5 allows you to focus the field lower on the Dynavap cap, producing thicker vapor, while still allowing adjustment higher on the cap.

Dustin McKief

Gotta write up a review after a couple of weeks. I'm really glad I went with this IH, because it's designed for maximum flexibility. That flexibility allows you to dial in for repeatable results with different devices and configurations. My usage is predominantly microdosing at low temperatures through dry glass. I'm happy with light AVB to save my throat. Using glass is very helpful as you will have a visual indicator to figure out your preferences.

I feel like the smaller insert should be the default, as most are running Dynavaps and the only way to get good results is to remove the battery cover in order to lower the insert enough. However, I happen to have a Ti Convector which works great with the larger insert.

Vaphit silver collar does fit, although I prefer using those with a torch for a mini session style of 3-5 puffs on weekends and evenings.

Props to @kokolokokolokon for adding so much useful information regarding wattage, depth and timing! I also watched a couple of TableTop Bong videos. My contribution:

Dynavap: smaller insert to get the base of the cap in the zone, half bowl/low temp cap, 45W until second click. Take a tasty light hit. Use magnet until second click, reheat to first click (lower wattage and depth really spaces clicks apart) for the money hit. Cool down, and go to second click for a less tasty but satisfying puff.

Ti Convector: screen moved to a smaller chamber size, larger insert as high as it will go, 60W for 10 seconds. Then, reduce the time by 2-3 seconds for each subsequent puff.

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
The depth of the chamber and cap affects where the induction field is focused. The 8.5 allows you to focus the field lower on the Dynavap cap, producing thicker vapor, while still allowing adjustment higher on the cap.
Thank you for a reply.
I placed an order with 8.5mm insert.
Triggered your previous review. :tup:

I hope yll IH will be alternative option of Fluxker Deluxe. ;)

thehippie

Company Rep
Hi, for those looking for a FMJ, we have silver collar available now and it's 20% for black friday :) Other accessories are on sale as well like grinders.
Use code at checkout: ACCBF

AndyO

Do people recommend the inserts?

I'm having a bummer of a time with my YLL2.0, I just can't get it dialed in exactly where I want it without overdoing it and combusting.

Are either of the inserts likely to help? (I think it was meant to come with the 11.5mm, but I don't remember ever seeing it, and it's not in my box of vape gear.)

AndyO,

Wylie

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Do people recommend the inserts?

I'm having a bummer of a time with my YLL2.0, I just can't get it dialed in exactly where I want it without overdoing it and combusting.

Are either of the inserts likely to help? (I think it was meant to come with the 11.5mm, but I don't remember ever seeing it, and it's not in my box of vape gear.)
The insert should be in the hole where the coil is to stop your stem going straight through. Take the back off and you will see it with a screw groove. There is a small metal 'screwdriver' held magnetically near the batteries to adjust the height of the insert.

Dustin McKief

8.5mm insert for Dynavaps, 11.5mm for Convector. Mine came with the larger one, but it seems like it should come with the smaller one given the prevalence of Vapcaps? I ordered the smaller one direct from YLL, but I saw that Stash Shack had them.

AndyO

The insert should be in the hole where the coil is to stop your stem going straight through. Take the back off and you will see it with a screw groove. There is a small metal 'screwdriver' held magnetically near the batteries to adjust the height of the insert.

Thanks for that mate, I feel like such a dunce for not realising that's what it was!

AndyO,
Reactions: Wylie
Top Bottom