Induction Heater YLL IH by YLL vape

zatonic

8.5mm insert for Dynavaps, 11.5mm for Convector. Mine came with the larger one, but it seems like it should come with the smaller one given the prevalence of Vapcaps? I ordered the smaller one direct from YLL, but I saw that Stash Shack had them.
Feels like a money grab to me! I ended up using a box cutter with a new blade. Sliced in-between the second and third thread on the heater side. with a bit of force, sliced through smooth. Cleaned it up a little bit for continuity, screwed right back in! If you ever need the length again, cut some discs from a wine cork.

LJEND

Hey guys, I need help. What is the difference between the original black insert ( smth like plastic ) and the ceramic insert? Originally, I received 11.5 mm black plastic ones with the heater. I also bought 11.5 ceramic and 8.5 mm ceramic. I don't like them, they scratch colored dynavap caps and they hold the temperature for a long time, which makes it easier to combust if i dont make 1hit exctraction.

Apparently, the manufacturer currently provides 11.5 inserts for new heaters, but ceramic ones, why they changed material? For armored cap? I heard that the plastic insert melts with armored cap.

anyway, I wrote to Yllvape asking if they would make and sell me an 8.5mm insert BUT black "plastic" one because I want to insert the Dynavap deeper, but I don't like the ceramic ones. They agreed and i will order today.

What is your opinion about the plastic and ceramic insert? When u bought the heater which insert was included in the set? black material or ceramic? Greetings and all the best in the new year, sorry for my bad english.

IMG_4590.jpg

LJEND,
Reactions: Octavia

Dustin McKief

Greetings and Happy New Year. Mine came with the large plastic one (from a retailer), and I ordered the small plastic one from YLL directly.

I find the company to be very responsive, so I'd recommend asking these questions to them directly. Let us know if you find out why they changed the material.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: LJEND

LJEND

what i found cermic need more time to heat, and cap clicking later too. it hold a lot longer heat. Buy yeah i go with 8.5mm plastic, dont like ceramic

LJEND,

HaggisHunter

Hey guys, I need help. What is the difference between the original black insert ( smth like plastic ) and the ceramic insert? Originally, I received 11.5 mm black plastic ones with the heater. I also bought 11.5 ceramic and 8.5 mm ceramic. I don't like them, they scratch colored dynavap caps and they hold the temperature for a long time, which makes it easier to combust if i dont make 1hit exctraction.

Apparently, the manufacturer currently provides 11.5 inserts for new heaters, but ceramic ones, why they changed material? For armored cap? I heard that the plastic insert melts with armored cap.

anyway, I wrote to Yllvape asking if they would make and sell me an 8.5mm insert BUT black "plastic" one because I want to insert the Dynavap deeper, but I don't like the ceramic ones. They agreed and i will order today.

What is your opinion about the plastic and ceramic insert? When u bought the heater which insert was included in the set? black material or ceramic? Greetings and all the best in the new year, sorry for my bad english.

IMG_4590.jpg
They released the ceramic ones after people like me enquired about the vapor/smoke, whatever it was coming from the unit after using it. I was trying to use it with the armoured cap, but I didn't like the smell coming from it.

Spoke to Mike, he was really pleasant and said that they hadn't had any other reports of it, but that they were already working on an alternative insert.... Fair enough.
He also offered to send me the new inserts once they were ready. They ended up taking too long for me and I sent it back to my shop (which I hate doing) for a refund.

I did send a video of what was happening every time I used it.
I thought it might be burn offs which would be fine a handful of times. But still doing it days after buying it put me off using it.

They're bringing out a bigger one for BFG called the 'flare' this year.

HaggisHunter,

LJEND

strange, I mainly use plastic inserts because I definitely prefer them (I like the 8.5mm plastic one and the 1HE one the most).
In my IH 2.0 i never had problem like u wrote about vapor, and when I smell something, it's only the smell of herbs and nothing else.

What I don't like about ceramic inserts is that they can easily scratch the colored caps.

i have 8.5mm and 11.5mm both in plastic and ceramic ones. In set when i bought it i had only 11.5mm plastic. I need to test the ceramic inserts more, but the 8.5mm plastic heats up the entire filling at once, so does further testing make sense?

Have a nice day guys

LJEND,
Reactions: Tji89

HaggisHunter

strange, I mainly use plastic inserts because I definitely prefer them (I like the 8.5mm plastic one and the 1HE one the most).
In my IH 2.0 i never had problem like u wrote about vapor, and when I smell something, it's only the smell of herbs and nothing else.

What I don't like about ceramic inserts is that they can easily scratch the colored caps.

i have 8.5mm and 11.5mm both in plastic and ceramic ones. In set when i bought it i had only 11.5mm plastic. I need to test the ceramic inserts more, but the 8.5mm plastic heats up the entire filling at once, so does further testing make sense?

Have a nice day guys
Yeah, a bit weird if others aren't getting anything like my issue.

I'm not trying to crap on them or anything. But seems a bit odd that there was a replacement already in production if there wasn't a problem in the first place.
Otherwise, what else is the ceramic insert offering and why would they go to the effort of making them?

It's a shame as I really liked the form over the wand and I really wanted to use it.

I have a video of what I'm talking about if anyone wants to see it.
I'll probably still give the flare a go when that's released.

HaggisHunter,

LJEND

With Wand i have the same i see vapor but its tasty not stinky weed vapor.

Ceramics take much longer to heat up, but they also retain their temperature longer.

It is much easier to perform extractions on one heating.

LJEND,

Dustin McKief

If you have both inserts and a Convector, try the small one flush with the bottom and the bigger dropped in above it. :tup:

Dustin McKief,

Axel_420

How does the performance with the Dynavap compare to when you heat it with a torch?
Comparing this IH with others how does it rank and why? I wonder if the upcoming new IH, the Flare, might be even better.

Axel_420,

AndyO

How does the performance with the Dynavap compare to when you heat it with a torch?
Comparing this IH with others how does it rank and why? I wonder if the upcoming new IH, the Flare, might be even better.

It's funny, blowtorchs intimidated me so much that I ignored Dynvaps for years.

When I was at my vape store one day they were telling me about induction heaters, and after doing the research here I ended up with the Yll2.0.

I know it's a good induction heater, I know it's highly rated and really popular... but my journey to ultimately owning 7 Dynvaps (+ an Anvil) was because I much preferred the control and the ritual of using a blowtorch. I couldn't even tell you the last time I used my IH, I just don't enjoy the experience as much, and I was never really satisfied that I had it dialled in regardless of how many adjustments I made.

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I'm getting my yll2.0 next week, and im wondering which batteries to get. Preferably (one of) the best. I'm a total noob on the subject. Protected, unprotected? Button, flat? Capacity, voltage and discharge current

Molicel INR18650-P28A Flat Top Unprotected 2800mAh 35A have been suggested to me. Are they any good? And would an XTAR VC4SL charger work with those?

Also .. does anyone have the yllvape carry case, and does the IH fit (with ideally also a reload, 2 extra batteries and 2 xl dyna's)?

Thanks in advance!

@kokolokokolokon (I hope you don't mind me tagging you on this question, you seem very knowledgeable on the yll2.0)
@YLLVAPE OFFICAL

Last edited:
OGablogian,

UhuM

Those Molicel are totally fine for the YLL and will work with your charger.
I have the Cuboo Heater (relabeled YLL 2.0) and this carrying case from FIREDOG: https://a.co/d/1gNUCJY
It fits the heater, two dynavaps and some small parts. I don't know if it'll fit a reload and two spare batteries, but as my heater with my omni has a long battery life, I don't need the spare batteries.

jbm

Anyone found a good sale on the 2.0? I have the OG and don’t want to pay full freight for the new one.

jbm,

UhuM

LacentraleVapeur has a preorder with an Dynavap M7 for 99€. Verdampftnochmal has a 15% Code (420sale) on his rebranded version Cubooheater 2.0, so its down to ~84€.

corvo

LacentraleVapeur has a preorder with an Dynavap M7 for 99€. Verdampftnochmal has a 15% Code (420sale) on his rebranded version Cubooheater 2.0, so its down to ~84€.
dont buy in lacentrale if you want your vape soon ...

corvo,

kokolokokolokon

I'm getting my yll2.0 next week, and im wondering which batteries to get. Preferably (one of) the best. I'm a total noob on the subject. Protected, unprotected? Button, flat? Capacity, voltage and discharge current

Molicel INR18650-P28A Flat Top Unprotected 2800mAh 35A have been suggested to me. Are they any good? And would an XTAR VC4SL charger work with those?
The molicel p28, sony murata vtc6, or golisi s30 are good options for the yllih :D dont think about it a lot. You need, at least 25A, but if the more A the less mAh, so you need a good option in both ways. The three i told you are great, maybe the best are the molicel p28 for power, and the golisi for number of heat ups.

Also .. does anyone have the yllvape carry case, and does the IH fit (with ideally also a reload, 2 extra batteries and 2 xl dyna's)?
do you mean the angus carry case? I think there is no problem with the angus carry case…and if it us the angus enhanced carry case you have space for the ih, the extra batteries, the vape, a reload and maybe a medium grinder :D:lol: or more 🤣

kokolokokolokon,
Top Bottom