XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Could someone swing a link for a mesh screen?
DDave has Ti or stainless steel (8.5mm diameter), any Dynavap screen will fit.
I also use an 8 or 9mm leather hole punch to make my own from cheap pipe filters.
I got a kit so I can make filters for any occasion, similar to this,

LesPlenty,

kiddvudu2

I ended up getting rid of the rubber gasket altogether and just forming a mesh screen into the correct sized dome (more like a small hump) so I could just push it up into the cavity where it belongs and just let friction keep it in place. It helps with odor not having that rubber gasket in there. Only downfall is you have to be careful inserting/removing so as to not scratch up the plastic cavity walls.

And just today I got around to trying the Revolve trick mentioned by @LesPlenty & @RustyOldNail, works great! Thanks for the tip fellas!

Peese!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ive just got one of these as an upgrade to the V3 pro any accessories I should get?

I'm planning on getting the WPA adapter
The wpa is the main thing, I use it for both wpa and glass mp, I never use the stock mp.
If you want to really put it through paces (and glass!) you could consider a Joda Glass wpa; it replaces the whole top of Roffu including the chamber with a very direct all glass arrangement. Search in this thread to learn more.

StoneCold

Thank you both I've got a silicone skin.

I'll have a look for that WPA is it available in the UK?

Also has anyone got a link to the screens it uses?

StoneCold,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
any accessories I should get?
For a couple of dollars, I would add the scoop and funnel as they are just handy. Another accessory I would not go without is some dosing capsules and a steel chamber as using these adds conduction for a nice change from what is mainly a convection-orientated device and they make life on the go so much easier.
If you didn’t get full version get the funnel and glass bowl.
The glass bowl comes in the Lite kit so the metal bowl would need to be purchased separately.:tup:
If the shipping is too high for a custom WPA here is a simple hack that I still use myself,

2tiki

Could someone swing a link for a mesh screen? Or somewhere I could maybe get it from a brick and mortar in Canada?
I don't know the answer to your question, but you could bring the bowl into a shop and ask if you could hold up different sized ones to it to figure it out. I ended up taking some screens I already had, and cut it with some scissors. Works great, and can be cleaned in iso and used over and over again.

kiddvudu2

Just a quick progress report: I purchased the Roffu to replace another similar shaped/sized device for a very specific use case. Although it's not as simple to use as the old device, once I put enough time in with it and it became 2nd nature I've really come to appreciate it. It is a very versatile device that allows me to use it in more applications than I originally planned on. Once you get it dialed in, it can really get the job(s) done!

Peese!

billyfitz

I'm a low-doser, and sometimes put a few crumbs in a capsule and roast it hard at max temperature for a 3 min session and have been amazed at how much I got out of it - sometimes more than I wanted. I reduced and reduced the amount but continued to be amazed the level of effect I was getting to the point I was suspicious. So, I ran it with an empty chamber — not even a capsule — and got visible vapor and significantly medicated!

It turns out if you're overdue for cleaning then blasting at high power heats up the sticky crud in the mouthpiece will give you a significant dose, if you have low tolerance! So PSA: if you want precision dosing, you have to stay on top of cleaning!

[V. Happy with the Roffu overall, 12 months in, used most evenings. Irritated by the UI, magnetic top, initial odor, but overall it works great. All detectable heater odor disappeared after a while.]

I am only getting visible white vapor about 50% of the time with the Roffus (bought 2 to reduce carrying it back and forth). Typically I'm using On Demand between 398F and 405F and taking long slow draws, but get little to no visible vapor. Customer Support said to go to max and session mode which I've tried a couple times for only a small difference. I'm getting something since I feel the effects, but the lack of visible vapor always makes me unsure. Then, other times, it seems to work fine (though nothing like the IQ2.). I am also a low doser so don't want to continue to try and try only to discover I've taken in too much.

Anyone else run into this trouble? Advice?

I really like the Roffu's on demand mode, and it produces and retains much less odor than the IQ2, but this lack of visibility is very irritating. Any help would be appreciated.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I am only getting visible white vapor about 50% of the time with the Roffus (bought 2 to reduce carrying it back and forth). Typically I'm using On Demand between 398F and 405F and taking long slow draws, but get little to no visible vapor. Customer Support said to go to max and session mode which I've tried a couple times for only a small difference. I'm getting something since I feel the effects, but the lack of visible vapor always makes me unsure. Then, other times, it seems to work fine (though nothing like the IQ2.). I am also a low doser so don't want to continue to try and try only to discover I've taken in too much.

I really like the Roffu's on demand mode, and it produces and retains much less odor than the IQ2, but this lack of visibility is very irritating. Any help would be appreciated.
I think it is possible that your mouthpiece/top has some air leakage, letting some amount of 'fresh' air into the equation. This reduces drastically the amount of air drawn through the chamber, and dilutes the vapor actually produced.
After cleaning, re-assemble and double check that all is 'seated' well, back in place.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

I had the same problem. My issue was the oven not being fully engaged or pushed down, and just like @vapviking said, my mouthpiece was leaking air. I took it apart and reassembled it according to spec, watching all the seals . Sure enough that little silicone screen thing wasn't sitting flush. I just took it out and put a screen instead. It sits flush , and now it rips like a champ. I found just like other convection forward vapes I don't pack the oven or my capsules. This thing rips in on demand. It's like a new vape now .

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am only getting visible white vapor about 50% of the time with the Roffus (bought 2 to reduce carrying it back and forth). Typically I'm using On Demand between 398F and 405F and taking long slow draws, but get little to no visible vapor.
You can try loading less in the oven, overloading can cause lower cloudage...less is better with convection vapes compared to your IQ2. Try to 'sprinkle' fill the oven without tamping the load at all and see how you go.

I think it is possible that your mouthpiece/top has some air leakage, letting some amount of 'fresh' air into the equation. This reduces drastically the amount of air drawn through the chamber, and dilutes the vapor actually produced.
After cleaning, re-assemble and double check that all is 'seated' well, back in place.
Thanks! There's nothing obvious that doesn't seem to be fitting correctly, but I'll give it a good re-assemble and see if that corrects it. I thought today that I should get some ultra low % fuel to problem-solve without fear of going beyond my comfort level. I agree something isn't fitting correctly, but not sure what yet.

I had the same problem. My issue was the oven not being fully engaged or pushed down, and just like @vapviking said, my mouthpiece was leaking air. I took it apart and reassembled it according to spec, watching all the seals . Sure enough that little silicone screen thing wasn't sitting flush. I just took it out and put a screen instead. It sits flush , and now it rips like a champ. I found just like other convection forward vapes I don't pack the oven or my capsules. This thing rips in on demand. It's like a new vape now .
Cool. Your post is very encouraging. II've been using the glass oven. was it the silicone screen in the top that you replaced - the one right above the oven?

TheCarAcrobaticTeam,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Thanks! There's nothing obvious that doesn't seem to be fitting correctly, but I'll give it a good re-assemble and see if that corrects it. I thought today that I should get some ultra low % fuel to problem-solve without fear of going beyond my comfort level. I agree something isn't fitting correctly, but not sure what yet.

Cool. Your post is very encouraging. II've been using the glass oven. was it the silicone screen in the top that you replaced - the one right above the oven?
That's the one. Here's a pic, I found some old screen baskets I had and just crammed one down . No restrictions :clap:.
medI took my filters out and ran capsules only . Then I saw your post and went looking for a different screen. I found this basket screen that sits flush in the filter area, and it sits on top of the oven. It makes a big difference ! there's less flower clogs ;). Thanks for all your tips and suggestions . Love my Roffu and V3.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just to clarify, I think @bulllee was saying that the leak had to do with the little silicone housing piece, the one that holds said screen. Using a different screen (or no screen and a capsule) are tweaks, any one and you should still get good vapor. So, mind the seals!
I happen to use the WPA and glass mp all the time, and I'm aware that it can often be source of leakage.

Take a look at @LesPlenty's post #1984 above, there's a video showing methods that do not use the stock "top end" at all.
You may see some way to at least approximate this, and see if you can get good hits, when that top is out of the equation.

Sorry, I don't recall if you tried a different battery....? Maybe you got a dud?

Last edited:

arexiga

Hello everyone!

I've been using my Roffu for almost a year (incredible device, really) but for the last month I hadn't cleaned it. Yesterday when cleaning it, I noticed a lot of resin had built up on the interior of the CU. Since I couldn't remove it with only hot water I soaked all the zirconia and silicon pieces in iso for aprox. 15 min. which did the job. After that I soaked some q-tips in iso and cleaned the plastic interior (airpaths) of the CU. However, after this I noticed a white-ish stain in one of the air vents and now I'm worried I damaged it and nervous to vape with it.

Do you think I should buy a replacement? I bought a spare CU a couple months ago but it has a crack in the bottom where the magnet is so I'm nervous about using that one as well.

Here's some pictures:

The stain:

The spare unit's crack:

arexiga,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I noticed a white-ish stain in one of the air vents and now I'm worried I damaged it and nervous to vape with it.
If your iso was not 100% the white stain left behind could be the reason as I have cleaned my plastic parts in a similar manner to what you described without any problems...on a few different units.
I bought a spare CU a couple months ago but it has a crack in the bottom where the magnet is so I'm nervous about using that one as well.
From guessing, that crack may/can occur from letting the 2 parts snap together constantly without manually slowing down the 'snap shut'. I say guessing as I have never had the fault myself but it has been reported a few times by others. The crack will not cause harm but it will get worse over time to the point of complete failure.
So, that said, if I were you I would grab another spare.

LesPlenty,

CapitalFlower

Hi all, had my Roffu for a few weeks since my Grasshopper broke. I'm enjoying it but do have a couple of concerns/questions:

1)
Is there a mod to stop my mustache catching in the top mouthpeace, besides fitting the silicone jacket?

2)
Is there a finer mesh that I can put in the middle section, to prevent material accumilating in the top section? I am sure I have inhaled some plant matter. I also bought the glass mouthpiece, but can't use it as it has nothing at all to stop the material entering it from the sides (the stock mouthpiece was a spiral that had only one intake hole at the very bottom).

3)
This vape is marketed primarily as on-demand convection, right? But how can it be when the little glass chamber is sitting directly on top of the heating element, and gets super hot? Surely that makes it a mix of both convection and conduction? I am wondering if this is contributing to my material turning black at the top despite the temperature being only 180c. I have stopped using the on-demand mode as I found it to be inefficient and a battery drain, since the material chamber remained hot regardless.

CapitalFlower,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
1)
Is there a mod to stop my mustache catching in the top mouthpeace, besides fitting the silicone jacket?

2)
Is there a finer mesh that I can put in the middle section, to prevent material accumilating in the top section? I am sure I have inhaled some plant matter. I also bought the glass mouthpiece, but can't use it as it has nothing at all to stop the material entering it from the sides (the stock mouthpiece was a spiral that had only one intake hole at the very bottom).

3)
This vape is marketed primarily as on-demand convection, right? But how can it be when the little glass chamber is sitting directly on top of the heating element, and gets super hot? Surely that makes it a mix of both convection and conduction? I am wondering if this is contributing to my material turning black at the top despite the temperature being only 180c. I have stopped using the on-demand mode as I found it to be inefficient and a battery drain, since the material chamber remained hot regardless.
1...The wpa/glass mouthpiece fixes that as you know.
2...Any Dynavap mesh will fit, I use DDave Ti and have also simply used the disc plate filter as a template to cut out any sized mesh filter. A few people also mount the glass mouthpiece directly above the bowl for less silicone in the airpath.
1668397796102-jpg.42065

3...The Roffu is convection orientated but you do get conduction later in a sesh (especially with capsules and the metal oven for a nice change).
When using on-demand mode I like to let off the power while still inhaling to cool the load ready for the next puff. I have started a sesh at 160c more than a few times as the Roffu has a wide power spectrum to cover most people's needs (not quite hot enough for hash IME though).

CapitalFlower

1...The wpa/glass mouthpiece fixes that as you know.
2...Any Dynavap mesh will fit, I use DDave Ti and have also simply used the disc plate filter as a template to cut out any sized mesh filter. A few people also mount the glass mouthpiece directly above the bowl for less silicone in the airpath.
1668397796102-jpg.42065

3...The Roffu is convection orientated but you do get conduction later in a sesh (especially with capsules and the metal oven for a nice change).
When using on-demand mode I like to let off the power while still inhaling to cool the load ready for the next puff. I have started a sesh at 160c more than a few times as the Roffu has a wide power spectrum to cover most people's needs (not quite hot enough for hash IME though).

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Unfortunately the glass mouthpiece comes with its own issues in the form of detaching very easily whilst in a pocket, unless using the silicone jacket.

Interesting about the Dynavap mesh - would this replace the existing Roffu mesh or in addition to?

CapitalFlower,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
would this replace the existing Roffu mesh
Yes, it does, the OG stamped plate filter is also a resin trap, Ti or stainless steel mesh works a treat.
I use these,

Top Bottom