XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That plate filter is a resin trap that will cause restriction when the puffs pile up, the mesh works much better at staying unrestricted.:tup:
Even better is the following, the resin is better stuck in me than a CU,
1668397796102-jpg.42065

Edit to say a quick brush-out of any crumbs on the mesh after each sesh while warm will help spread out cleaning interval times.

Last edited:

Sativapo

Yes that last thing. I just clean it visualy with the stirring tool and it lasts longuer between cleanings. Also the wpa is very easy to clean. The nice thing is it has some margin to be fully clogged. I also like it a bit clogged, when it's fully clean I tamp the airport a bit for restriction to finish it dark brown. It also works very well with my v3 pro capsules without the screen ( didn't like them with my weakish early v3 pro) stays cleaner and adds some conduction and a bit of restriction

Sativapo,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
That plate filter is a resin trap that will cause restriction when the puffs pile up, the mesh works much better at staying unrestricted.:tup:
Even better is the following, the resin is better stuck in me than a CU,
1668397796102-jpg.42065

Edit to say a quick brush-out of any crumbs on the mesh after each sesh while warm will help spread out cleaning intervaltimes.
I took my filters out and ran capsules only . Then I saw your post and went looking for a different screen. I found this basket screen that sits flush in the filter area, and it sits on top of the oven. It makes a big difference ! there's less flower clogs ;). Thanks for all your tips and suggestions . Love my Roffu and V3.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
I've done similar with a rimmed basket screen (I'm guessing these came with Milaana), smooshed to fit and pushed up into the cooling unit from the bottom. My goal was mainly just to get the silicone grommet out of there, but this also provides better particulate filtration and airflow. The only downside is that it tends to fall out when I remove the CU from the Roffu body.

I swapped my stamped plate filter for Ti mesh (a @DDave DV screen fits nicely). I have also used the plate as a template and cut out a filter from any mesh.
Not specifically about the roffu but been watching this thread as I might get one eventually.

Anyways, I cut my own screens (have some leftover SS mesh from a home project) but am not very efficient or good at it with scissors. What do you use to cut your screens with? I was thinking about trying a hole punch, but didn't want to buy one if it doesn't work.

Petetbay

I swapped my stamped plate filter for Ti mesh (a @DDave DV screen fits nicely). I have also used the plate as a template and cut out a filter from any mesh.
I do not bother with any filter in the grommet when using capsules, the lid of the capsule filters enough for me but the CU does clog more quickly.
Mainly resin seems to get past.
1668738564935-jpg.42198

1657084083053-jpg.44977
Good thing about having a mp looking like this is there is no possibility of particulates exiting the mp. :lol:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I was thinking about trying a hole punch, but didn't want to buy one if it doesn't work.
I use HD scissors if one of the punches in my leather hole punch set does not match the size I want.
I got a set the same as here that covers most needs,

kiddvudu2

I've done similar with a rimmed basket screen (I'm guessing these came with Milaana), smooshed to fit and pushed up into the cooling unit from the bottom. My goal was mainly just to get the silicone grommet out of there, but this also provides better particulate filtration and airflow. The only downside is that it tends to fall out when I remove the CU from the Roffu body.

This is borderline genius! Any chance U can get a measurement across the bottom of the screen before smooshing it? Or, if you're sure it's from Milaana, maybe they still sell rimmed basket screens for it?

I just removed the gasket and rough-cut screen that I installed yesterday and pushed a rimless basket screen in there from the bottom for now, but I think I like your way better.

Thanks!

kiddvudu2,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
This is borderline genius! Any chance U can get a measurement across the bottom of the screen before smooshing it? Or, if you're sure it's from Milaana, maybe they still sell rimmed basket screens for it?

I just removed the gasket and rough-cut screen that I installed yesterday and pushed a rimless basket screen in there from the bottom for now, but I think I like your way better.

Thanks!

The screen portion looks to be 1/2 inch in diameter, and the rim about 5/8.

tashian

Worst limitation of the Roffu to me is the fact that I am getting tired of having my moustache nicked after drawing, seems is the space between the mouth piece and the metal frame...damn! Never had this limitation in any vape :(

BH491

IMG-20240208-104343-419.jpg

Rip diy wpa 🥲
Sorry

This same thing happened to me
Thank God mine still works as the top half is unbroken , so broken part goes down,

but its also possible to put the unbroken part down and the upper broken part covered with the silicone.
this can work both without the original cap/top metal mouthpiece
but also with and if the silicone is too long you can cut it a drop

psa I didnt realize till after

But you can get the exact diy wpa without placing it on the glass,
Just remove the mouth piece,cooling unit and rubber gromit with screen from the metal top part

Then put the silicone in the hole,
Just pushed in a drop like the gromit was,
I often will add some diy screen to the silicone too.

Works great for me and no to need leave the glass exposed or bound/connected to the silicone

nn

vapefritz

But you can get the exact diy wpa without placing it on the glass,
Just remove the mouth piece,cooling unit and rubber gromit with screen from the metal top part

Then put the silicone in the hole,
Just pushed in a drop like the gromit was,
I often will add some diy screen to the silicone too.

Works great for me and no to need leave the glass exposed or bound/connected to the silicone
Sad part is I don't really need a wpa urgently anymore since I got a ball vape. This basically happened when I wanted to clear one last honorary bowl before going back to using the glass chamber on the go as intended again. Dropped from a really low height and it just shattered. Probably because that silicone sleeve sits really, really tight in my case, causing additional strain on the glass. So everyone who went down the diy wpa road, keep an eye out for that!

Now I guess I'll just buy a new glass chamber and probably official wpa, we'll see! Just wish there was better availability in europe.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Now I guess I'll just buy a new glass chamber and probably official wpa
The glass mouthpiece of the OEM WPA is also nice to use and the silicon accepts DV stems and similar so well worth getting. The @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd WPA are also very nice but I am not sure about shipping and import duty costs to EU.
Also,

LesPlenty,
Reactions: vapefritz

vapefritz

The glass mouthpiece of the OEM WPA is also nice to use and the silicon accepts DV stems and similar so well worth getting. The @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd WPA are also very nice but I am not sure about shipping and import duty costs to EU.
Also,
Asked @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for a quote once without thinking much. Price for hand made glass wpa seemed more than fair but adding shipping and customs it quickly became way too much for me to justify. Never got back at him now that I think about it, just forgot, if you read this sorry mate! 😅 For anyone located in the US I would say get a wpa from this guy!

Thanks for the links!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Asked @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for a quote once without thinking much. Price for hand made glass wpa seemed more than fair but adding shipping and customs it quickly became way too much for me to justify. Never got back at him now that I think about it, just forgot, if you read this sorry mate! 😅 For anyone located in the US I would say get a wpa from this guy!

Thanks for the links!
Yes unfortunately the international shipping fees are ridiculous. I charge 30$ for a simple clear wpa (totally fair price right?) yeah up until it’s time to ship. Simple 4x4x6 boxes are costing me anywhere between 20-30$ to ship international. It’s insanity!

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yes unfortunately the international shipping fees are ridiculous. I charge 30$ for a simple clear wpa (totally fair price right?) yeah up until it’s time to ship. Simple 4x4x6 boxes are costing me anywhere between 20-30$ to ship international. It’s insanity!
Yeah, that's crazy. Are those prices any better for shipping to Canada? Labeling Canada as "international" shipping from the US has always seemed like a cash grab in my eyes. We share the longest land border in the world with the US and are a massive trading partner. I think it's ridiculous.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah, that's crazy. Are those prices any better for shipping to Canada? Labeling Canada as "international" shipping from the US has always seemed like a cash grab in my eyes. We share the longest land border in the world with the US and are a massive trading partner. I think it's ridiculous.
Sadly not by much. I have one going out today. I’ll report back what it costs me.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

kiddvudu2

The glass mouthpiece of the OEM WPA is also nice to use and the silicon accepts DV stems and similar so well worth getting.
Hey Les, I'm trying to figure out how this works. I have 2 Revolves (a gen1 and a gen 2), do those also work? Do you remove the tip? I haven't tried to put them together yet, but I did put them side-by-side, and can't really "see" how it works. I figured I'd ask you before attempting to avoid any wasted time or energy! Thanks in advance!

kiddvudu2,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
As simple as poking it in where the glass stem goes,
1670217624361-png.42616

(Reason I use FC bookmarks)

Yeah, did this December 2020, more details at link below:

Top Bottom