Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Zipford

Hi, can anyone help me please? I recently got the v3 pro and it all seems fine and does what it's meant to do. However, from the 2nd draw onwards its tasting like burnt popcorn and spent. The top of the ground herb is still green but the bottom and half way up the oven is brown.

I have several other vapes, both convection and conduction and I never experience it with them.

I always do multiple burn offs with new vapes, so I'm confident it's not that.

I vape a medium grind at no higher than 175°. I'm getting clouds and it's certainly doing what I want from it, but after the first pull it tastes bad.

My herb is kept in miron glass and only ground for that weeks usage. It's of good quality too.

Am I over filling the oven (most of the way up)?

Many thanks in advance.

Al
I find this to be similar to my experience with all of my vapes: the first two hits are tasty, and after that taste drops off but you can get some more effects for a few more hits. Because this happens with all my vapes (Fury Edge, Linx Eden, Tiny Might and V3), I have always assumed this is just a function of the goodness being extracted.

Frankly, this is something I prefer about my wax pen: it also loses the full Terpy flavor after a while, but the vapor becomes really almost tasteless but NOT bad tasting after that. Unless you cook it close to empty instead of topping it off.

davap84

I find this to be similar to my experience with all of my vapes: the first two hits are tasty, and after that taste drops off but you can get some more effects for a few more hits. Because this happens with all my vapes (Fury Edge, Linx Eden, Tiny Might and V3), I have always assumed this is just a function of the goodness being extracted.

Frankly, this is something I prefer about my wax pen: it also loses the full Terpy flavor after a while, but the vapor becomes really almost tasteless but NOT bad tasting after that. Unless you cook it close to empty instead of topping it off.
I agree with you. Flavors are not eternal.
But with the defunct Lotus, they last longer. Really.
Even with a pinch.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I find this to be similar to my experience with all of my vapes

I agree with you. Flavors are not eternal.
Micro-dosing users always get a yummy toke as they huff on a fresh bowl every hit or so, I could never understand micro-dosing until I worked this out. It can be done with the V3 without bowl spacers etc as just a pinch of material in the bowl will pull up against the mouthpiece filter and get vaped evenly in 1 or 2 puffs...no time for flavour to drop off but I am too lazy to load that many times a day. :tup:

rozroz

hi guys.
i currently use the Vleaf Go for micro dosing and occasional bowl, on demand.
really interested in the V3 pro,
but i also read here on some problems etc..
can someone who has both devices,
please tell me if the V3pro is a clear winner or not?
tnx.

cliffhanger1

hi guys.
tnx.
Yes the V3 is a clear winner and in its own league against the Go.
It is very much better in all categories. Taste, clouds, Battery and so on..

sirin

hi guys.
tnx.
The main trade-off is that the V3 is quite a bit bigger, so you may miss the friendly pocketability of the Go.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
blew into the air intake
Not with your breath I hope as it adds moisture where you do not want
Keep iso clear of the plastic part of the mouthpiece, I do use iso in the oven and other parts but not the plastic part of the OG mouthpiece. :myday:
Also a good idea to install an extra mesh filter in the bottom of the oven to keep things cleaner below @Martin456

JamesTiberiousKirk

hi guys.
tnx.
V3 Pro is definitely the winner. Main thing I wish the V3 has that the GO has, is a removable bottom screen. Worry about buildup beneath that screen.

GO is still a fine device, but the V3 has more pros than cons vs the GO.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
V3 Pro is definitely the winner. Main thing I wish the V3 has that the GO has, is a removable bottom screen. Worry about buildup beneath that screen.

GO is still a fine device, but the V3 has more pros than cons vs the GO.

All the airflow is from below the screen. There should be little to no buildup anywhere at the bottom of the chamber, and that has been my experience.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It is that 'little' that is the problem...a dry load jiggling in a pocket before use etc that is why I recommend an extra mesh in the bottom to start..
But is it a problem? Has anyone noticed restricted draw over time, or device failure attributable to debris below the screen?
Have you been inclined to put a double screen in your other vapes?
Anyone been in there to see buildup?

Sorry if too many ???'s!
I can understand wanting to be able to clean inside a device, etc., but if mine seems dirty or clogged in a year or two I may just spring for a new one; part of the beauty of a low price point, I guess.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is that 'little' that is the problem...a dry load jiggling in a pocket before use etc that is why I recommend an extra mesh in the bottom to start..
I agree about what you said but @pakalolo spoken of "build-up" and it's not the same issue. I agree with him, there is no build-up at the bottom of the chamber and I agree with you also cause jiggling in the pocket or stirs can make fines particles to pass through the bottom screen, you are not speaking of the same problem ;)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone noticed restricted draw over time, or device failure attributable to debris below the screen?
Some have said restriction has built up with time...cheap insurance with zero drawbacks
Have you been inclined to put a double screen in your other vapes?
Fuck yeah! Especially when the one in the unit is not removable like here...the extra screen in my OG Arizer Air actually improves airflow as my old unit does not have the scalloped oven vents.

MoltenTiger

I am definitely seeing build up on the bottom screen, it's discoloured with a film of resin forming on both devices chamber's. There is residual particulate on and under the screens too, which I try and prevent.
I do think that over time this could be problematic, as it was with the Hopper, which is a similar convection set up.
I use the Fury2 WPA so am filling a glass chamber to use with the V3 most often, which keeps things a lot cleaner.
I find I need to clean the vape after each chamber otherwise, as not everything ejects from it like it might from a hotter device.
I have to clean the glass chamber quite a bit too. Easy to wipe down when hot either way, but if left it gets noticeably clogged.
I haven't bothered with an extra screen as I use a pipecleaner and S&B brush to keep on top of things.
I definitely like the WPA mod as it makes it quicker and easier to refill and allows for way less cleaning, and it is more efficient with herb

floribud

Finally got a change to do some hardcore cold vape testing on the Xmax V3 Pro. Around Thanksgiving I took it up to Michigan and thanks to the nice people at the "Nirvana Center" I got some nice Gin Cake and Terpwin Station. It was about 20º at night and I took my dog out for a 10 minute walk and the Xmax V3 performed just fine.

This time I went up to Marquette, and took the XMax v3 out skiing 2 days in a row. The first day it was 30-35 degrees outside. Filled up my V3 in the morning and then filled up 4 Fury 2 dosing capsules for recharging at the summit. Had a great time, refilled the V3 3 times. Was doing on-demand about 380º. Capsules worked like a dream. Yeah you have to turn the heat up a little more to get the same vapor production, but when your on the summit, I doubt you'll notice the difference. This time loaded up with Motorbreath (thanks Cannabis Lupus), this was an outstanding sativa dominant hybrid for skiing, apparently fuel and skiiing go together very well.

But then the next day:

temp dropped it was 15º F. The V3 shut down several time when I tried to use it at the summit and my coat pocket wasn't keeping it warm enough. I till managed to use it, but I just had to restart it several times. Still made it through the first bowl and two more capsules, but the cold eventually got to me and I had to retire a little early. The XMax still did it's job, I thoroughly lifted for every run, but it probably shut down a total of four times over the day.

btw: as for cleaning, maybe once a month I've sprayed 99% ISO up into the screen. Then I'll crank of the heat cover one of the air intakes and blow through the other air intake. Seems to working pretty well for me 3 1/2 months into ownership with pretty frequent use.

Top Bottom