XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
What Materials are used within the airpath of the Starry 4. I understand that the mouthpiece is zirconium. But what about the rest of he airpath? And the regulator of the airflow?
Is there any plastic in the airpath like in the Mighty?

Alright, did some research and found out that there is some kind of silicone gasket in the mouthpiece. Would you mind answering what kind of silicone that is?

@XMAXVAPORIZER would you mind to help clarify that case please.
It also seems that there has been a problem with the glue melting in previous starry versions.
Did you change anything in version 4?

Thx to @vapviking

Have you put your question to the actual manufacturer? Like an email to support?
Writing your question in this thread is not the same.
The company's rep here, @XMAXVAPORIZER is very helpful, comes here and answers some questions, but often has to go ask, then come back here to answer.

Putting their name in a message (like I did here, using the "@" symbol) will send them a notice that we are speaking about them here. The other way would be to "Quote" them or "Reply", asking the question there.

They may not have skimmed this thread since you posted your question?

Pretty sure the answer will be something like 'food grade' or 'medical grade' and 'high temp'. Other XMax vapes also have silicone parts in their mp's.
Sorry, I wasn't present this days, but I'm back now, I replied to the @Terpentino request by pm.

No plastic in the vaporpath, only ceramic (chamber), zirconium and marginal contact with the silicon holder/gasket. It's high quality black silicon designed to stand with heat, contact with vapor is minimal.

I don't remind there was magnets issues with Starry's previous versions (there was some with V3Pro but it was mainly user error due to iso cleaning, we don't recommend to clean the V3Pro plastic mouthpiece with iso but prefer to use hot water and soap), Starry 4 magnets are held in place by the mouthpiece structure and device structure, they can be removed, they are built-in. We experienced battery lid issues with the Starry previous version but it's now fixed with Starry 4 since we now use a proven sturdy new design (already tested with sucess with the Ace, one of our previous devices released).

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Has anyone sourced a dosing capsule loading tray they like? I bought one of these and it's ok, but clealry meant for loading the unit directly not capsules.

You can try:

If there isn’t a loading tray for your device model, you can request a custom one be made.

You can PM @Delta3DStudios as he is an active member here on FC. I’ve commissioned 2 loading trays for other devices I have, and was very satisfied with product and price.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: seedy53

Petetbay

olysh pops

Reading the forum on conduction devices led me to the Starry thread.
Following the thread's tips (thanks to those who wrote them), I acquired a Starry (72$/67€), a glass wpa, the silicone sleeve, few cups.

I've been using it daily for 15 days
I place classic Moroccan hash in a cup, T° set between 392F/200C and 464F/240C, and wait 20-25 seconds before each aspiration.
Conduction, high temperatures and beautiful clouds are there !
At the end of extraction and without any stirring, the material is dark and crumbly

Padding the bottom and top of the cup with vape wool makes cleaning easier.
I ordered a wpa with a ceramic filter, out of curiosity.

Here, the starry works with a j-hook or a glass stem, on the wpa

Xmax Starry 4 and TRWW stem

Xmax Starry 4 and 420eng j-hook

Xmax Starry glass wpa

Filled Xmax Starry cup

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Following the thread's tips (thanks to those who wrote them), I acquired a Starry (72$/67€), a glass wpa, the silicone sleeve, few cups.

I place classic Moroccan hash in a cup, T° set between 392F/200C and 464F/240C, and wait 20-25 seconds before each aspiration.
At the end of extraction and without any stirring, the material is dark and crumbly

Xmax Starry glass wpa

Filled Xmax Starry cup
AMAZING! Really, the Starry was and is THE contender for Traditionnal Hasch vaping, thank you very much for sharing your insightful way to use your Starry 4 (or 3.0 maybe). Miam, looks yummy, enjoy!

seedy53

Xmax Starry glass wpa

Filled Xmax Starry cup
is that a paper cup? a wrapped dose cap? can you explain what we are looking at, plse?

seedy53,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
is that a paper cup? a wrapped dose cap? can you explain what we are looking at, plse?

Hehe, if i'm not mistaken you are mistakingly seeing the shadow of a standing dosing cup instead of one laying down?
So what you think is the paper around it is actually the texture of the surface it is on?

It's a bit confusing, especially with the dose cup having the oval shape: the opening seems to be a round shape laying down while it's actually with the opening facing upward.

Nice trick of the eye i must admit! I can make myself see (and somehow even accept ;)) both posibilities even tho i'm very sure it's not laying down
:D:tup:
Edit: just posted this almost simultaneous with vapviking! LoL

kokolokokolokon

I understand that the last photo with shadow can be confusing
The photo shows a cup full of hash, seen from above, at sunset.
This one shows better
XS4 cup full of hash
The starry 4 is great for hash. Maybe would be good xmax makes a specific capsule for hash. One with a little different form factor maybe…and holes on the side instead on the botton

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Starry 4 is 20 bucks off, or $79 at POTV 4/20 sale.
Cool! $6 less than what I posted that's available rn (but also has free shipping and no tax)... That is, unless you live in MA, one of the states that ridiculous company won't ship vape products to...even STILL, many years later, when they haven't had to stop in almost the same time... Jeez, you'd think they're all stupid old potheads there, or something...

Enjoy! :peace:

Last edited:

olysh pops

The starry 4 is great for hash. Maybe would be good xmax makes a specific capsule for hash. One with a little different form factor maybe…and holes on the side instead on the botton

Sometimes I make holes in the hash with the stainless steel tool, to allow air to pass more easily between the top and bottom of the capsule. I also add some vape wool to avoid clogging the capsule holes.

Making holes in the side of the capsule seems like a good idea to improve airflow through the hash !

kokolokokolokon

To avoid the oil go through the bottom holes i use a cotton strip. One in particular: there are kits to repair caliburn/xros coils and the strips they use you can use just a little of cotton and reduce (by a lot) the flavor of the cotton (i can taste it if i use normal cotton)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sorry folks! But I thought about it long and hard and definitely decided I wouldn't be delving back in the "conduction only" realm with my low budget portable e-device selection and will be going with a very different, but same cost solution that I feel may better serve my needs if and when that day comes (hopefully very very soon)... Thanks anyway, and enjoy the Starry 4, it really looks like an amazing little high value product! :tup::peace:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Thank you for the suggestion, I think the idea of side located holes is nice but will need engineering in order the air can pass between the ceramic wall and the caps to enter in WITHOUT to bypass the load by going straight to the mouthpiece between the wall and the caps... To avoid it we would get the bottom wide slightly recessed. I will inform the R&D Team though...
Sometimes I make holes in the hash with the stainless steel tool, to allow air to pass more easily between the top and bottom of the capsule. I also add some vape wool to avoid clogging the capsule holes.

Making holes in the side of the capsule seems like a good idea to improve airflow through the hash !
Good idea, personnaly I usually open the lid after a couple of hits in order to break the pancake in (although I'm using mostly low quality bubble hasch or traditional moroccan hasch.
To avoid the oil go through the bottom holes i use a cotton strip. One in particular: there are kits to repair caliburn/xros coils and the strips they use you can use just a little of cotton and reduce (by a lot) the flavor of the cotton (i can taste it if i use normal cotton)
By the past our good friend at Vapefiend in UK asked for a Resin capsule for their own version of the Starry, the Spirit. The caps is still available here: https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/storm-vaporizers/products/spirit-resin-capsule or here: https://www.vaporisateur.net/access...orisation-des-resines-spirit-et-starry-2.html
Like you can see the caps get a recessed bottom, and I used the one I have like you did but using hemp fibers (like you I found natural coton to get a faint taste), if I took care not to load too much I could have to replace it every 3 or 4 sessions. And by being below the caps bottom, this is kept me away to get the hasch glued onto the coton/hem fibers.
Sorry folks! But I thought about it long and hard and definitely decided I wouldn't be delving back in the "conduction only" realm with my low budget portable e-device selection and will be going with a very different, but same cost solution that I feel may better serve my needs if and when that day comes (hopefully very very soon)... Thanks anyway, and enjoy the Starry 4, it really looks like an amazing little high value product! :tup::peace:
Sad to know, thank you to keep us informed though... but peoples usually post when they decide to buy a device... Not an issue though ;)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just picked one up from vgoodiez for only $70. It's a smart looking device. I got it to take on trips, particularly where old school hashish is available.

I gave it a good cleaning, but haven't used it yet. How long does it take for the robot fart taste to go away? I've been puffing on it every now and then, but don't want to load it till that taste goes away.

seedy53

Just picked one up from vgoodiez for only $70. It's a smart looking device. I got it to take on trips, particularly where old school hashish is available.

I gave it a good cleaning, but haven't used it yet. How long does it take for the robot fart taste to go away? I've been puffing on it every now and then, but don't want to load it till that taste goes away.
no puffing needed- do 3sessions - 5min burn-out at max temp at 464f using empty bowl/ back to back sessions . if still there try then 1/4 of weed bowl at 360f , then full bowl at 380f.
farts should be gone.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
no puffing needed- do 3sessions - 5min burn-out at max temp at 464f using empty bow/ back to back sessions . if still there try then 1/4 of weed bowl at 360f , then full bowl at 380f.
farts should be gone.
Thanks! It worked pretty well. After the first bowl I didn't notice it anymore. I have faith in the airpath from what I've read too. I'm assuming the air that enters those side vents doesn't pass through electronics or anything.

It gives a good hit and is pretty convenient to use. Gonna take it to Canada to vape some hashish. I really like the ability to swap out 18650's.

seedy53

Thanks! It worked pretty well. After the first bowl I didn't notice it anymore. I have faith in the airpath from what I've read too. I'm assuming the air that enters those side vents doesn't pass through electronics or anything.

It gives a good hit and is pretty convenient to use. Gonna take it to Canada to vape some hashish. I really like the ability to swap out 18650's.
if you do hash, use some vap cotton and make cotton/hash/cotton sandwich to soak up the resin that can clog those oven holes. clean it soon afterwards while still warm with an iso-soaked q-tip, holding the unit upside down position to prevent dirty sticky iso from going into the machine's oven holes. it's the conservative way to add life to your machine by keeping it clean.

Top Bottom