XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

seedy53

Thank you for your feedback, I'll transmit to the team.

It's nice you was able to use the Starry despite Asthma, yep, I agree the Starry works pretty well for unground flowers, enjoy it!

Thanks to @Petetbay who replied to you faster than me, yes the battery door issue is something from the past since the new Xmax Starry 4 get an improved lid eliminating the issue... Sadly I noticed you put the trigger on one of our concurrent's device. You said to get no replacement device when you reached our Support team, can I assume the device was out of warranty or do you mean they refused to honor warranty? Please let me know (I searched in my Conversations but didn't found one with you), sorry for the disappointment.

Interesting tip, I understand the concern with dosing caps "muting" the taste, although I think it's partially due to the previous sessions residues, cause taste is very good when they are pretty clean.

Thank you for the feedback and interesting tip, I never tried tried to remove the ceramic filter, I'll give it a try... Thank you for the tip!

Thank you for the feedbacks and for sharing the Starry 4 battery lid's improvements!

Please stay on topic, it's the Xmax Starry 4 thread, you can quote somebody's post.
i was answering doggy daddy post, i asked my post to be removed. I did not mean to step on anybodies toes.
it was removed so sorry, i forgot where i was posting. that damn evil weed, did it to me lol

Last edited:

Petetbay

Thanks, I assume the this “adapter”, is meant for the larger glass stems with balls etc., that they sell specifically for it.
The silicone adapter mount works with all the glass from the V3Pro adapters, straight glass, glass wpa’s, bubblers etc, as well as the glass made for it and V3Pro, 3D dimpled glass stem, pill stem and Rocket style pill stems. They all have a flange on the end of the glass tube to secure in the mount like the V3Pro glass.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The silicone adapter mount works with all the glass from the V3Pro adapters, straight glass, glass wpa’s, bubblers etc, as well as the glass made for it and V3Pro, 3D dimpled glass stem, pill stem and Rocket style pill stems. They all have a flange on the end of the glass tube to secure in the mount like the V3Pro glass.

Thanks for the follow up.
I was just hoping I could use one of my extra 11mm glass stems that came with my MadHeater orders. I have success doing this replacement with the XMax Roffu, with its silicone WPA adapter. Much easier to remove and clean the MH Spiral intercooler then the ceramic MP, and better cooling. Of course it makes the unit taller by 3”, but if traveling I could simply pop on the OG MP.

In the case of the Starry4, my biggest complaint, is the tiny ceramic cooling piece inside the OG MP. It gets clogged with resin after just a few bowls. Pain to remove, and since it’s so tiny, it has to be soaked in ISO or Simple Green Crystal.

Been finding that I get to use some of my spare Simrell and MH stems on other vapes, including Mighty, GH IO, TM2, by doing similar things. Better cooling, easier to clean, a modest goal that’s easy to do in most cases if you already own the parts.

Petetbay

In the case of the Starry4, my biggest complaint, is the tiny ceramic cooling piece inside the OG MP. It gets clogged with resin after just a few bowls. Pain to remove, and since it’s so tiny, it has to be soaked in ISO or Simple Green Crystal.
I hate swivel mp, after 2 uses I can hear the reclaim bubbling in the silicone behind the ceramic filter which is also very hard to clean. I bought another silicone/filter to change out when dirty, but now I just don’t use the swivel mp like all my other Starrys, just the ceramic wpa and now the silicone mount w/stems.

seedy53

I hate swivel mp, after 2 uses I can hear the reclaim bubbling in the silicone behind the ceramic filter which is also very hard to clean. I bought another silicone/filter to change out when dirty, but now I just don’t use the swivel mp like all my other Starrys, just the ceramic wpa and now the silicone mount w/stems.
show me what you use and what to get. please. pardon i'm ripped

Petetbay

As usual I need to play with stuff to try make improvements and the OG swivel mp needs improvement. I ended up using the accessory glass mp tube for the Mighty/Crafty in place of the zirconia tube and is a lot cooler easily handling up to 438*F, it surprised me because I found it getting too hot on the Mighty causing me not to use it, not as secure as the OG tube, but works the same in the Mighty. I also tried the Simrell Ti Mighty/DV stem adapter and again not as secure as the OG tube, but works really good to use DV glass stems no matter what temp. The Simrell adapter is mega expensive, but there is a SS alternative that is a lot cheaper from Recommended Vapes in the UK who also have Starry 4 zirconia wpa available.

I tried a bunch of stuff seen in these pics.

Last edited:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Hey starry folk, how does the v3 ceramic wpa fit? I read that it fits alright, any details? I can't find a v4 wpa anywhere in europe

budski

cantre member
just got one, fits fine, a tad lopsided but ceramic is variable. Hotter w/out additional cooling, might trap some beads in it I was ready to sell the starry 4 because the swivel mouthpiece is a piece of,,, that
i will never use again. Guess I'll keep it now just to round out the quiver with a conduction device.

Last edited:

seedy53

just got one, fits fine, a tad lopsided but ceramic is variable. Hotter w/out additional cooling, might trap some beads in it I was ready to sell the starry 4 because the swivel mouthpiece is a piece,,, that
i will never use again. Guess I'll keep it now just to round out the quiver with a conduction device.
they have a starry 4 wpa version too

budski

cantre member
just now packed the v3 wpa w/borobeads, silicone sleeve holding a ceramic mp off a cart, works awesome roasting a nugget through 420*,
will throw away the og mp if I decide not to sell it!

Last edited:

Petetbay

Hey starry folk, how does the v3 ceramic wpa fit? I read that it fits alright, any details? I can't find a v4 wpa anywhere in europe
Yes it works fine, doesn’t leak, fit isn’t as good the v4, but no problem using it and the ceramic filter is nicer than the screen in the v4. The ceramic filter and grommet from the v3 also fits and works in the v3 swivel mp allowing it to work on the Starry 4 and I find it better than the v4 swivel mp.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Same, can’t tell the difference, still strong.

FWIW:
As I was ordering from Vgoodiez, I added the UNOFFICIAL Starry 4 WPA to my order. It’s stated right on the site this aftermarket version has LESS STRONG magnets then the XMax version. While true, it held on when inserted on a 14mm female GROUND joint (frosted grit glass), and didn’t come loose after removing it from the rig. This version has a little screen on the bottom, but it doesn’t look like this WPA can come apart, so a replacement or cleaned screen would have to just be pushed in to the silicone.

Tellus

Thanks everyone
I couldn't find the v4 wpa in EU but the one from recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk is close enough .It's good to have a few options, a local shop also has a starry wpa but I think it is a v3.

@Petetbay thanks for the info. And is there a big difference in performance between the v3 swivel mp and v4?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Great to know your feedback about the stock swivel mouthpiece, although your weed is probably a lot more resinous than mine cause I can vape substantially more loads than you before to get that bubbling noise. I'll transmit every feedback to the team, thank you for sharing!
As usual I need to play with stuff to try make improvements and the OG swivel mp needs improvement. I ended up using the accessory glass mp tube for the Mighty/Crafty in place of the zirconia tube and is a lot cooler easily handling up to 438*F, it surprised me because I found it getting too hot on the Mighty causing me not to use it, not as secure as the OG tube, but works the same in the Mighty. I also tried the Simrell Ti Mighty/DV stem adapter and again not as secure as the OG tube, but works really good to use DV glass stems no matter what temp. The Simrell adapter is mega expensive, but there is a SS alternative that is a lot cheaper from Recommended Vapes in the UK who also have Starry 4 zirconia wpa available.

I tried a bunch of stuff seen in these pics.

Impressive! Is the "swivel-like" glass mouthpiece works as well as the glass mouthpiece you inserted in wpa? Which one is your favourite setup?

Personnaly I dig to use the WPA for dry use purpose but, unlike you, I simply use a glass stem/mouthpiece with 14 or 18mm female glass ground joints, although it's not designed for outdoors use! I have to test your modded wpa for dry stealth use.
I was surprised to see no Starry 4 wpa in EU stores when I gave a look yesterday after I noticed your request, I'm glad to see you found a UK option though. I think a few shipments to be in transit, I will ask if a fews EU retailers are waiting for the Starry 4 wpa to arrive.
just got one, fits fine, a tad lopsided but ceramic is variable. Hotter w/out additional cooling, might trap some beads in it I was ready to sell the starry 4 because the swivel mouthpiece is a piece of,,, that
I'm so glad you reconsidered the Xmax Starry 4! Thanks to the WPA to convince you to keep the Xmax Starry 4 in your arsenal. Nice trick to add cooling beads in the wpa, it may be possible to use it natively with that trick.
does the starry 4 version have stronger magnets than the 3?
Magnets are similar, do you mean you found the Starry 3.0 magnets to be weak? I was under the impression our magnets to be strong enough the mouthpiece can't come off... but I'm listening your opinion on that topic...

XMAXVAPORIZER,

budski

cantre member
the magnets are strong enough, better than my v3 I think, just curious if I should bother with the S4 wpa, apparently not because I hate the S4 filter.
ps the beads work great! it will eventually replace my One as a pocket stealth evn though I dislike the oval caps, only because batteries.

Last edited:

Tellus

I was surprised to see no Starry 4 wpa in EU stores when I gave a look yesterday after I noticed your request, I'm glad to see you found a UK option though. I think a few shipments to be in transit, I will ask if a fews EU retailers are waiting for the Starry 4 wpa to arrive.
I also think some retailers aren't differentiating between starry 3 & 4 wpas. Many places write for example "Starry 3/4 wpa". Maybe because the 3 wpa works just fine on the 4?

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I also think some retailers aren't differentiating between starry 3 & 4 wpas. Many places write for example "Starry 3/4 wpa". Maybe because the 3 wpa works just fine on the 4?
Yep, they are probably waiting to destock previous model kits&accessories, you can contact them in order to advise them you wish to see the Starry 4 WPA to be available, maybe they have already both WPA in stock explaining why they are listing WPA for both devices.

Terpentino

Quentin
What Materials are used within the airpath of the Starry 4. I understand that the mouthpiece is zirconium. But what about the rest of he airpath? And the regulator of the airflow?
Is there any plastic in the airpath like in the Mighty?

Terpentino

Quentin
Alright, did some research and found out that there is some kind of silicone gasket in the mouthpiece. Would you mind answering what kind of silicone that is?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
10 days in and still no reply from the company. Seems like xmax just want to wait out.
Have you put your question to the actual manufacturer? Like an email to support?
Writing your question in this thread is not the same.
The company's rep here, @XMAXVAPORIZER is very helpful, comes here and answers some questions, but often has to go ask, then come back here to answer.

Putting their name in a message (like I did here, using the "@" symbol) will send them a notice that we are speaking about them here. The other way would be to "Quote" them or "Reply", asking the question there.

They may not have skimmed this thread since you posted your question?

Pretty sure the answer will be something like 'food grade' or 'medical grade' and 'high temp'. Other XMax vapes also have silicone parts in their mp's.

Top Bottom