WTF Is Wrong With America And Gun Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

European Countries, Canada, New Zealand, Australia all consume the same mass media as Americans. Those countries all face the same mental health challenges.

Ya they do, be we're just more fucking crazy. :mental:

You can also google knife attacks. Tons in other countrys which inforces what I said about them finding a tool of destruction if guns were banned.

Yeah, but compare how many more people you can kill with an AR in a few minutes versus using a knife. It's not about totally eliminating multiple murders but rather lessening the carnage when it does take place.

Last edited:

florduh

2014 Russia had their first school shooting. It happens every where. Guess what.....mental illness is the link....not the type of weapon. You can also google knife attacks. Tons in other countrys which inforces what I said about them finding a tool of destruction if guns were banned.

You're being intellectually dishonest. We are the only civilized nation where mass casualty shootings happen EVERY MONTH. They are RARE EVENTS in other nations. I'm sick of this bullshit talking point that since we can't prevent every mass murder, we shouldn't prevent ANY.

Do you really not accept that there are WAY more mass shootings in America than in countries with stricter gun laws? No one thinks we can prevent every mass shooting. We can bring the rate down to what the rest of the world experiences.

Does anyone think that anyone who vapes sould be able to carry?
The Feds don't... Why?
Just saying

You'd think that is something the NRA would help us with. But they don't give a shit about us.

florduh

They dont happen every month! We do not have 18 this year either.

For fucks sake. It depends on what you consider a "mass shooting", but by ANY MEASURE we experience far more mass shootings than any other civilized country. If you deny that you are living in Fantasyland.

There have been at least two shootings with victims in the double digits this year.

This site tracks every shooting with three or more victims. There were over 300 of these shootings in the US last year. No other big boy country experiences this rate of gun violence.

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/mass-shooting

Still
Are they correct to deny people civil rights for "using"

In my opinion marijuana use shouldn't disqualify anyone from owning a gun. And the NRA does nothing to stand up for cannabis using gun owners.

Newcastle

Stoned!
Florduh calm down before the man gives you a ban...lol....why arent you this upset about all the shootings in inner citties. I think this makes you a racist!.....just kidding but?

Newcastle,

florduh

Florduh calm down before the man gives you a ban...lol....why arent you this upset about all the shootings in inner citties. I think this makes you a racist!.....just kidding but?

Sorry, but you aren't honestly arguing here and I don't appreciate it. You bring up a school shooting in Russia from 2014 as "evidence" that America doesn't have a mass shooting problem that's unique in the civilized world. That's ridiculous.

And who said I'm not upset about shootings in the inner city? This is another dishonest argument. The list I posted here includes ALL shootings with multiple victims, regardless of where they live.

But yes, I am upset that American children are routinely mowed down while in school. Especially when no other country has this problem every year. I find it embarrassing, honestly.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
European Countries, Canada, New Zealand, Australia all consume the same mass media as Americans. Those countries all face the same mental health challenges. The only variable at play here is America's lax gun laws.

Sorry. It's the guns.
I guess we should ban assault vehicles too. Then maybe forks. After that we go after plastic knives. Can't be too careful now.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...owds-shows-disturbing-deadly-trend/819485001/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vehicle-attacks-rise-globe/story?id=50848727

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Azor_attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_Hepnarová

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

Crazy people who wish to kill others will find a way. Guns or no guns.

oZHIB37.jpg

After this Florida shooting anyone for gun control is crazy in my book. 4 deputies literally stood outside of the school while the shooting took place and did nothing. Liberals entire argument is that police will take care of you and you don't need a gun for any reason ever. Sure worked out for the dead kids at that school huh?

If YOU want to put your life in the hands of incompetent law enforcement that's on you, but COUNT ME OUT.

Last edited:

Dustydurban

In my opinion marijuana use shouldn't disqualify anyone from owning a gun. And the NRA does nothing to stand up for cannabis using gun owners.

I am with you there my Brother
But we are talkin Class 1 "narcotics" being used according to our wonderful GoVmint
See how silly that is... but they don't think it is
But we are talking laws here and what should be done and such
They are so screwey with the ones they have, how is another one gonna help much
I understand what you are saying
I hope You get my drift also

Last edited:

florduh

I guess we should ban assault vehicles too. Then maybe forks. After that we go after plastic knives. Can't be too careful now.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

oZHIB37.jpg

After this Florida shooting anyone for gun control is crazy in my book. 4 deputies literally stood outside of the school while the shooting took place and did Nothing. Liberals entire argument is that police will take care of you and you don't need a gun for any reason ever. Sure worked out for the dead kids at that school huh?

If YOU want to put your life in the hands of incompetent law enforcement that's on you, but COUNT ME OUT.

The best part about the Parkland Shooting is seeing every loony NRA talking point debunked. I've wrote this 5+ times, will you please read it this time: Saying that since we can't prevent every mass murder, we shouldn't prevent any... is stupid.

Do you really think as many people are killed in "truck attacks" in Europe as are reliably killed EVERY YEAR in American mass shootings? They aren't. I won't even get into the difference between a vehicle, which is used to transport, and an Assault Rifle which is used to hit as many targets as possible... as fast as possible.

You really think if armed, trained officers couldn't stop this shooting, Betty the History teacher who went to the range a few times will? Ridiculous.

I'm just not seeing any compelling arguments from the Anti-Gun-Control crowd. Just a lot of non-sequiturs and logical failures.

I am with you there my Brother
But we are talkin Class 1 "narcotics" being used according to our wonderful GoVmint
See how silly that is... but they don't think it is
But we are talking laws here and what should be done and such
They are so screwey with the ones they have, how is another one gonna help much
I understand what you are saying
I hope You get my drift also

I get your drift. I don't even say Assault Weapons should be banned. I just think only qualified people should wield them. Just like I don't want unqualified people flying helicopters over my city.

florduh

When the hunter becomes the hunted.

zgbPX7u.jpg

THANK YOU! This whole "good guy with a gun" trope is ridiculous. You really want an arriving SWAT Team to distinguish between armed teachers, and the shooter? You really want to put an armed female 22 year old teacher in class with larger male 15 year olds who could easily overpower her and take her gun?

This is madness.

Newcastle

Stoned!
The best part?.....WOW that statement shocks me to the bones!
@CarolKing that is just garbage. Life is not a video game and you have to identify your target before you aim and shoot. If I was braver than those POS that stayed outside Parkland. I would have muzzle up and move forward as fast as possible Identifying myself to students. It's not like I would come in with a full assault guns blazing shoot everything that moves!
NO BODY WANTS BETTY THE LIBRARIAN TO CARRY A GUN!.....NO ONE! Unless she wants to and takes some training! We only want the ones that can.....PERIOD! Y'all like to talk about other countries......Israel has guns in their schools....just saying.

Edit for floriduh: this is for you as well.......and also want to say we aint fixin nothing here but I appreciate the intilect......what ever that means.....lol

Newcastle,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The best part?.....WOW that statement shocks me to the bones!
@CarolKing that is just garbage. Life is not a video game and you have to identify your target before you aim and shoot. If I was braver than those POS that stayed outside Parkland. I would have muzzle up and move forward as fast as possible Identifying myself to students. It's not like I would come in with a full assault guns blazing shoot everything that moves!
NO BODY WANTS BETTY THE LIBRARIAN TO CARRY A GUN!.....NO ONE! Unless she wants to and takes some training! We only want the ones that can.....PERIOD! Y'all like to talk about other countries......Israel has guns in their schools....just saying.

Edit for floriduh: this is for you as well.......and also want to say we aint fixin nothing here but I appreciate the intilect......what ever that means.....lol
Not sure why you are referring to a video game? It’s a statement regarding teachers and others with guns. Who knows who’s who in a mass shooting nightmare.

Unbelievable that teachers with guns was even suggested. I knew we were in for it a year ago with this admistration. It’s worse than I thought. Sorry no politics.

lwien

Liberals entire argument is that police will take care of you and you don't need a gun for any reason ever.

Huh? Wow..........I just find it amazing what people THINK they hear. So let me get this straight. You actually believe that liberals in general feel that no one should have a gun? Thats kinda funny, 'cause just about every liberal I know has a gun. Hell, I have two myself.

Stereotypes seem to be taking center stage these days, both from the right and from the left. One wonders if this shit is ever gonna stop or God forbid, it gets worse.

Newcastle

Stoned!
Wow again with the Trump hate.....this is not his idea and many schools are on board with arming teachers. Again I will say no one wants little misses English teacher to pack heat! Just those capable and wanting to. The cop that knew these kids went in. The ones that didn't waited for help....SAD!

Newcastle,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don’t think that many school are interested in arming teachers. There are some schools in a few areas is all. Maybe up in Alaska they might need a gun to shoot a bear.

lwien

The cop that knew these kids went in. The ones that didn't waited for help....SAD!

Kinda makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how many kids that one cop could have saved but chose not to. In a way, he's almost as guilty as the shooter himself. And the other cops that didn't go in after the shooter left while those kids were bleeding out? WTF ?!? I'm getting pissed all over again.

Krazy

We have had Psychiatric medicine for over a century. I'm pretty confident no psychiatrist would've signed off on the Parkland shooter as being of sound enough mind to own an AR-15 responsibly.
Both true statements. Neither of which answer my questions, lol.

Just to be clear: I'm not in thrilled with someone being a sock puppet to their crazyness owing guns.

Should all veterans Dx'd with PTSD be banned from gun ownership? Do we give shrinks the right to ban people form owning guns? Do we allow religious kooks a pass on being crazy because of their religion?

If any further gun ownership restrictions are viewed as "slippery slope" why isn't state sponsored sanity viewed the same way?

Krazy,

Newcastle

Stoned!
Carolking your wrong. The Midwest has teachers ready to do this. Ohio has teachers lined up. Texas has been pushing this for a while. The church shooter her was stopped with an AR.

Newcastle,

florduh

Both true statements. Neither of which answer my questions, lol.

Just to be clear: I'm not in thrilled with someone being a sock puppet to their crazyness owing guns.

Should all veterans Dx'd with PTSD be banned from gun ownership? Do we give shrinks the right to ban people form owning guns? Do we allow religious kooks a pass on being crazy because of their religion?

If any further gun ownership restrictions are viewed as "slippery slope" why isn't state sponsored sanity viewed the same way?

My point is, I'm confident psychiatric medicine can tell us which individuals should definitely not own weapons of war. I'm not a psychiatrist, so I can't tell you if every individual with PTSD would be considered a risk. But I doubt it.

Look, I'm trying to keep weapons legal here. Because the free-for-all system we have now, where a nut like the Parkland shooter can easily purchase an AR-15, is over. We can either increase the qualifications for owning weapons of war, or ban them outright. My position is: there should be the same "level" of qualification for owning an AR-15 as we do for helicopter pilots. Only people who know how to safely use them, should own them. That's a "well regulated" militia. No more free-for-all.

Carolking your wrong. The Midwest has teachers ready to do this. Ohio has teachers lined up. Texas has been pushing this for a while. The church shooter her was stopped with an AR.

Sad that we have to turn our schools into prisons with armed guards. Adding multiple civilians wielding guns into an already difficult tactical situation (like a school shooting) would be a nightmare. This is a fantasyland solution.

lwien

Should all veterans Dx'd with PTSD be banned from gun ownership?

Yes, and I'm a vet.

"People with PTSD are more likely to have a personality disorder. They also are more likely to have depression and to abuse substances."
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/post-traumatic-stress-disorder

"Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental illness."
https://cmha.ca/documents/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd

So do I want someone who many would classify as having a mental illness, who has a personality disorder, is depressed and gets high all the time, and all of these things are present at the same time, do I want this person to have a gun? Nope, I don't. Not only because of the harm that they may do to someone else, but also the harm that they would do to themselves. Suicide rates among vets is just outta control and the primary tool that is used to do themselves in is a gun.

Luckily, I never experienced PTSD, but if I did, I would hope that I would have the wherewithal to turn my firearms in until I got better and if I didn't have that wherewithal, I would hope that someone who cared enough about me would take them away from me, regardless how much I may resist.

Last edited:

Krazy

Does anyone think that anyone who vapes sould be able to carry?
The Feds don't... Why?
Just saying
Using the devils weed = dangerous criminal with cannabis dependency disorder = so they are insane as well, lol.

Wow again with the Trump hate.....this is not his idea
I don't understand why you would give someone a pass on an idea that they subscribe to simply because it didn't originate with them.

Yes, and I'm a vet.

"People with PTSD are more likely to have a personality disorder. They also are more likely to have depression and to abuse substances."
https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/post-traumatic-stress-disorder

"Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental illness."
https://cmha.ca/documents/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd

So do I want someone who many would classify as having a mental illness, who has a personality disorder, is depressed and gets high all the time, and all of these things are present at the same time?...
You have just equated a bunch of "more likely"s to OMGs. Statistically the mentally ill are less likely to commit violent crimes that the "sane"....

Krazy,

lwien

You have just equated a bunch of "more likely"s to OMGs. Statistically the mentally ill are less likely to commit violent crimes that the "sane"....

But more likely to commit suicide than the sane.

So are you saying that those who are diagnosed as being mentally ill should be able possess firearms? One of the classic symptoms of mental illness is impaired judgement. Why would a person with impaired judgment be deemed ok to have a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom