Wow, I am starting a "what should I get" thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Never thought I would do this, but here goes. I have an EQ down in my workshop/growroom and use it during the day. Love it. I also vape later on at night in my bedroom. I used to use a PD, but it just didn't medicate me the way I needed for night time sleep and pain relief.

I now use an LB in the bedroom with better results- probably due to the higher temp the LB achieves. I use a whip and pull through a small bong with water. Since I use it a lot now, the LB is taking a beating. It's gunked up and I noticed I have a small hole from where I accidently combusted a while ago. I am getting a replacement, but I think the LB is just not made to withstand so much use. I need something else for the bedroom.

Now, keeping in mind that it is a bedroom and I have a wife- I'd like some suggestions for a new unit. It can't look "bad" sitting on the dresser (reason I thought the beautiful PD would be the perfect bedroom vape), it can't have a long whip and accessories all about. The EQ would be a good example of a vape my wife would NOT want in the bedroom. As for performance- I need something that will give me quick, big clouds at medium to high temps.

So that's my story. I want the Cloud, but it looks like that will be a ways off at this time- and I kind of need something now. I am also thinking of the Arizer Solo, but I would love to hear what others would suggest.

Thanks for playing!

Tstat,

lwien

Two suggestions but first a question. What wood was used in your PD? If it was a wood that runs in the upper temp ranges and you still weren't satisfied, you may want to check out the Toasty Top being that I heard that it can run much warmer, but man, my PD runs as warm as I would possibly want it. My ABV comes out a very, very dark chocolate brown. Any higher and I'd be into combustion.

If you still have the PD, have you tried running it with a koosie?

lwien,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, man- I ran it with a koozie and a wool sock. Look, I loved it- it was beautiful dark walnut and worked perfectly. I just could not get a great nighttime hit from it after a while. I started going back downstairs at night to use the EQ- since it hit so much better. I think it was just not for me in the end- as a bedroom vape. I need something that hits bigger and hotter- like the Cloud is supposed to.

I don't have the PD anymore, but when I did, the ABV was certainly browned up the way it should be. I am also not into conservation, so it's small bowl and efficiency was not the reason I bought it. I miss it sometimes, but I just need a bigger, hotter hitter at night.

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I would consider the solo. It's not as pretty as a PD, but since it's cordless, you could maybe keep it in a bedside table drawer or something. It hits very hard and medicates fast. :o

:2c:

Stu,

jackmormon

With this criteria in mind:

"As for performance- I need something that will give me quick, big clouds at medium to high temps."

I would seriously consider a Lotus. 2-3 seconds from ignition to clouds and you can control the temp fairly easily. For an electronic vape, I currently prefer an Herbalaire+Glass. I use the same amount in the Lotus and the HA (2 scoops). This equates to about 10-15 hits off of the HA and 4-6 hits off the Lotus. I get a stronger/stonier effect with the Lotus. Haven't figured this out yet.

The Lotus does look like a pipe but it is small enough to easily fit in a drawer. The only accessories you need are the included scoop for loading, a torch lighter, and something to stir the bowl between hits if desired.

jackmormon,

nr-cole

^ On that note, I've heard the glass VG hits pretty hard. I was going to ask how your wife likes the look of the SSV. It isn't inconspicuous, but it has a certain artistic quality to it and you could keep the whip and wand in the drawer so it doesn't look cluttered...

nr-cole,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"you're screwed! I can't think of anything."

Lol! Damn.

Tstat,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think you are on the right track with the solo.

if you like concentrates then i would suggest the eclipse. I just made a batch of bho and it is so tasty :p Concentrates hit hard and that sounds like what your after for bedtime.

weedemon,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I would give a LB a second chance. Is IS designed for that much use. It must have been faulty or used badly, because LB is a very durable vape and can last forever (only vape more durable i can remember is a PD). Just don't use concentrates and DO dry and grind your herb for the LB. It will not be gunked up then. I've combusted twice and on the same spot on the screen. Didn't make a hole and the screen didn't get any more fragile. It still works as a champ. And as you havesaid, you were happy with it.

Seek,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm kinda reluctant to recommend the Solo if the PD doesn't cut it for you to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, but the clouds aren't as think or dense as with the SSV which could mean it'll leave you unsatisfied as well. Unfortunately those two are the only vapes I know well enough to compare them, perhaps someone that owns a PD and a Solo could be more helpful than me.

Right now I'm thinking SSV/DBV if either one appeals to you.

OhTheAgony,

Nycdeisel

I was in the SAME boat Tstat, I know how frustrating it can be when you want a nice hot hit that the PD is just not meant for(or at least cant satisfy ME in that way, everyone has preference as other posts show, and other factors of the PD alone, like wood type as mentioned by Lwien).
I was torn between the Supreme and the LSV and got the SV. I know that you are sort of limited in this area, wanting it to be your little night stand buddy, but sometimes theres a trade off for a certain kind of experience.

Im not sure how you view the vapes I mentioned, but the SV being powered by a large open jet flame and having an exposed heating block does not bother me(but it DID before I got it! haha).

take this all with a grain of salt, since I know you are looking for something very specific that eventually will be up to you alone, I am trying to contribute as I tried to do when you were deciding on your EQ and PD :)

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I love my PD and it has become my daily driver. It's really all I need at home, but I have been getting to know the solo over the last several nights and I can say that the solo gives much thicker hits than the PD for quick medication. I still prefer my PD for home use, but if you need a bigger bang (at the cost of some efficiency of course) then the solo might be a good choice. My abv from #4 setting on the solo is much darker than my PD abv, so I have a feeling that it liberates more high-temp cannabanoids.

If you hadn't specifically stated that the PD is a non-starter for you, I would've recommended it over the solo for a great bedside table vape. I think something like the Toasty Top might look nice enough to display in a bedroom and it runs hotter than the PD, so you may want to consider that as well.

Good luck!
:peace:

Stu,

Sour Deez

I only used a SSV and MFLB so I can help with other vapes, but have you considered the power adapter for the LB?

You would have alot more control of the temp than with just the batteries. It can definetly supply the heavier cannabinoids if thats what your after. But it might not be able to give you those big cloudy hits that it seems your after.

Sour Deez,

StickyShisha2

make a concentrate from the vape waste from your EQ, for use at night in the bedroom. this helps me much.

StickyShisha2,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! See, it's a tough decision! I recently see some threads about the Solo having a smell/taste. I don't think I would like that. I don't love my son's HA just for that reason. I like really clean, pure vape- through glass. I want something that hits as well as my EQ- I think that is the problem.

I loved my PD and wrote a glowing review of it at OSC, but I found myself standing at the dresser sucking down 3 stems at a time, and wasting a lot of time. My wife was actually getting annoyed at the whole precess.

My intention is to buy the Cloud when it comes out, but I was hoping to pick something else up in the meantime. I don't think the Cloud is going to be shipping any time soon. I thought the Solo might be the ticket, as I could actually sit in bed and use it- or whatever. But the smell issues, and the uncertainty as to how it hooks up to glass makes me re-think.

Tstat,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Tstat said:
I loved my PD and wrote a glowing review of it at OSC, but I found myself standing at the dresser sucking down 3 stems at a time, and wasting a lot of time. My wife was actually getting annoyed at the whole precess.

This is me exactly! I was having to sneak away for 20 to 30 minutes to get high...not good! I ended up setting up my ssv for a good while for quick hits that punch, but that can't be left out, even in the bedroom. I recently got the PD set up again just because I needed to lower my tolerance, but not my daily use! The Cloud is probably the closest thing to what you want in fuctionality, but I don't see how you cuold leave it out.

You've pretty much developed quite the vapor conundrum...big hits, fast, inconspicuous...you're screwed! It's like the sign in my Mom's office...'You want it fast, good, or cheap? Pick two!'

stickstones,

Nycdeisel

Sounds like that sign really lays out your options for you :cool: :D

I would say the Supreme since its small and discreet(when its not being heated up :p) and produces great big hits with an amazing pure flavor.

the only other thing I can think of would be the PA for the MFLB which I hear works wonders! Still I am not sure how you feel about any of these options. goodluck with your decision!

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I am just gonna hold pat for a while. I just got my new LB and I am hoping that the bong adapter is released soon. Maybe that, along with the PA, will be cool in the bedroom until the Cloud comes out. I am going to really try to be careful with it.

closedho.jpg

openmc.jpg

Tstat,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom