Would an NO2 (other portable vapes) smell more than the MFLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

^^ Well, if taste isn't important to you, and the positive health aspects of vaping isn't important to you ("I'll literally fall off a cliff first"), why not just smoke?

lwien,

MLark

lwien said:
^^ Well, if taste isn't important to you, and the positive health aspects of vaping isn't important to you ("I'll literally fall off a cliff first"), why not just smoke?

What? The positive health aspects on vaping are obviously important. (Ill fall off climbing before any thing happens because of this plastic taste from the NO2..) Well to save all that smoke from lowering my lung capacity.

MLark,

lwien

MLark said:
lwien said:

The positive health aspects on vaping are important. (Ill fall off climbing before any thing happens because of this plastic taste from the NO2..) Well to save all that smoke from lowering my lung capacity.

You're not making any sense here. That plastic taste "could" be just as harmful and possibly more harmful than smoke? We don't know yet, so if you're concerned about the positive health aspects of vaping and it's important to you, than why take the chance? Is a digital temp controller that important to you that you would be willing to give up the great taste of bud along with the potential health concerns with this vape?

lwien,

MLark

lwien said:
MLark said:
lwien said:

The positive health aspects on vaping are important. (Ill fall off climbing before any thing happens because of this plastic taste from the NO2..) Well to save all that smoke from lowering my lung capacity.

You're not making any sense here. That plastic taste "could" be just as harmful and possibly more harmful than smoke? We don't know yet, so if you're concerned about the positive health aspects of vaping and it's important to you, than why take the chance? Is a digital temp controller that important to you that you would be willing to give up the great taste of bud along with the potential health concerns with this vape?

Im saying they target different things with the latter being on assumption on a smell of plastic. The rewards are there, even more so being able to pick out CBDs to vaporize. And that "could" is a very low chance which dosent bother me either way.

That's actually a great question, and when you put it like that...no.

The Vapir NO2 really is a top of the line product. If it wasn't for that flaw it would be the best portable vaporizer in the range. What a waste.

MLark,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hey MLark, if you want the NO2: get it at your risks!
I think you are right saying this NO2 could have been the best portable... Now remember it generally has a 3 months warranty compared to a life warranty on the MFLB!
I think FC warned you about the higher probability, on this vape vs. others, you might buy a defective model! It is clear the quality control from Vapir is poor to none!
A lot of persons here/worldwide had serious quality problems on their NO2 with real melting plastic gnarly stories...
On the other hand, me and 2 friends of mine, are lucky customers with non defective little buddies (all baught at the same french reseller with 2 years warranty).. did he get the only good batch done by a serious team of Chinese :D : might be... but still!)

Now this been said, if the NO2 has THE features U request for a portable (it was my case for vaping in the car), I suggest you go to your LHS and test your chosen NO2 through an empty 205c empty bowl open process: if you see fumes, just don't take it!!!!

Now on the smell side: I believe an NO2 (taken appart the possible plastic smell of a defective model) will "smell" a little more as if you let it on, the MJ will go on percolating in the bowl (you can still stop the heat process by pushing the red button though). With the MFLB, once you stop pushing the batt. the heating stops instantly... so probably less "second hand" smell...

FLskwat,

Nycdeisel

All vapes can release different cannabinoids.

:p

Just because a particular model may not have an actual temperature adjustment physically, does not mean that you can not vary the temperatures of your vapor!!

I guess you missed the part about draw speed playing a key role in temperature of vapor.

Nycdeisel,

MLark

Nycdeisel said:
All vapes can release different cannabinoids.

:p

Just because a particular model may not have an actual temperature adjustment physically, does not mean that you can not vary the temperatures of your vapor!!

I guess you missed the part about draw speed playing a key role in temperature of vapor.

No i caught that. There's no way your releasing a CBD that burns at 380 for example the entire time with a MFLB. As far as releasing cannabinoids go you wouldn't have a clue.

MLark,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
MLark said:
There's no way your releasing a CBD that burns at 380 for example the entire time with a MFLB. As far as releasing cannabinoids go you wouldn't have a clue.

This is nonsense, since (as has been explained to you numerous times by several people) you can heat to combustion with the LB.

pakalolo,

MLark

pakalolo said:
MLark said:
There's no way your releasing a CBD that burns at 380 for example the entire time with a MFLB. As far as releasing cannabinoids go you wouldn't have a clue.

This is nonsense, since (as has been explained to you numerous times by several people) you can heat to combustion with the LB.

You couldn't heat up and constantly drag off your MFLB at almost 380 degrees, or 390 degrees. There's literally no way to know what temperature your at. I would be happy if this wasn't true seeing as i ordered one.

MLark,

MLark

Well i think this thread ran its course. Can archive it or whatever.
Never got an answer to it (besides maxs). Simple question if other portable vaporizers would smell as little as the MFLB, with all of its claims, would be good to know for people considering buying it for that reason. To not buy into marketing claims. Guess no one could know though. Thank you all for your help and time, got a good site here, have a good one.

lwien said:
Everyone in the thread above as well as in this thread are suggesting that you get the LB, but regardless of the overwhelming opinions given, you seem dead set on getting the NO2 anyways.........so, I got a suggestion. Get it.

Lol, dont want your recommendation your a joke. You never seem to read the title of a thread, posting unreleated nonsense. You act like these are your only social interactions, its pathetic. I wont bother getting into it though.

mod note: I'm assuming by "your a joke" that you're using bad grammar to insult another member. The rest of your response supports that. You must be a newbie to forums as well, since no decent forum tolerates flaming. We'll require better behavior (I'd suggest reading the rules page) if you decide to return from your 3 day ban.

MLark,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
FLskwat said:
Now on the smell side: I believe an NO2 (taken appart the possible plastic smell of a defective model) will "smell" a little more as if you let it on, the MJ will go on percolating in the bowl (you can still stop the heat process by pushing the red button though). With the MFLB, once you stop pushing the batt. the heating stops instantly... so probably less "second hand" smell...

Isn't that an answer? ;)

FLskwat,

MLark

FLskwat said:
FLskwat said:

Isn't that an answer? ;)

Ah its actually the same thing with a Launch Box after you open the trench man. If you mean cooking the bud, did take that part into account, thanks.

MLark,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
MLark said:
FLskwat said:
FLskwat said:

Isn't that an answer? ;)

Ah its actually the same thing with a Launch Box after you open the trench man. If you mean cooking the bud, did take that part into account, thanks.

Yes I ment cooking! You're welcome, cheers!
So, at the end, you've made your mind on which model?

FLskwat,

arkadiy

MLark said:
max said:
At least you won't smell/taste plastic with the LB. That's the main knock against the N02. I think someone having the N02 in a 'less smell' contest is pretty strange.

Haha. Plastic aside though man. Do you think the NO2 would smell more than it

Are people that dumb these days that when they smell and taste plastic coming out of a device that heats up and is inhaled with........... Do you not realize there is a reason a smell is coming off like that? Or a taste?! Think about the fact that everytime you want to get smoke you also might be smoking plastic.

arkadiy,

MLark

FLskwat said:
MLark said:
FLskwat said:
Isn't that an answer? ;)

Yes I ment cooking! You're welcome, cheers!
So, at the end, you've made your mind on which model?

Yup the MFLB man. Lol. I train my stamina a lot and with heavy use i guess i shouldnt risk it.

MLark,

max

Out to lunch
arkadiy said:
MLark said:
max said:
At least you won't smell/taste plastic with the LB. That's the main knock against the N02. I think someone having the N02 in a 'less smell' contest is pretty strange.

Haha. Plastic aside though man. Do you think the NO2 would smell more than it

Are people that dumb these days that when they smell and taste plastic coming out of a device that heats up and is inhaled with........... Do you not realize there is a reason a smell is coming off like that? Or a taste?! Think about the fact that everytime you want to get smoke you also might be smoking plastic.
I'll let the dumb comment slide, since you're new. But judging from your posts, you're new to vaporizing as well. FYI- just because someone can taste/smell plastic, that doesn't mean you're inhaling toxic compounds. There are different kinds of plastics with different models, and even tubing can impart taste for some. Every part of a vape isn't exposed to vaping temperature. If I were you I'd get some experience and knowledge under your belt before lecturing people on a vapor forum.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom