Would an NO2 (other portable vapes) smell more than the MFLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLark

Hey. Literally the only thing i need to know before buying a vaporizer!
Theres many stoires saying the mflb hardly smells. Would an NO2 smell more than a MFLB?

MLark,

djonkoman

if it burns off at a temp it doesn't vaporize;) (boilingpoint isn't the same as the temp at wich it combusts)
I think the release is much like water, how higher the temp gets how more vaporizes, with the peak at the boiling point, in the case of water it doesn't get hotter then the boiling temp(as long as it isn't all vaporized), but since in weed there's a mixture of a lot of chemicals with different boiling points it won't have one boilingpoint but a boilingtraject, if you keep the temp low the lower boilers will vaporize optimally but the higher boilers will vaporize much slower, so you get less of the higher boilers
too hot at once and the combustionpoint of the lower boilers is reached

djonkoman,

Nycdeisel

It would probably smell a lot less then other portables since lighter based vapes are part of that category. and lighter based vapes can make it easy to combust, which would smell.

It also reportedly smells less then the Iolite(which is always cooking the bud...and plastic) but assuming its for stealth then a MFLB is a better choice anyway.

Nycdeisel,

MLark

Nycdeisel said:
It would probably smell a lot less then other portables since lighter based vapes are part of that category. and lighter based vapes can make it easy to combust, which would smell.

It also reportedly smells less then the Iolite(which is always cooking the bud...and plastic) but assuming its for stealth then a MFLB is a better choice anyway.

Always cooking the bud...do you mean keeping the batteries in. If they were still in, would the MFLB be cooking the bud as well. (I tend to smoke a few trenches in one sitting)

Assuming there was no combustion would you still say the MFLB smells less? I plan to be using it for home use so the temperature readout and longer draw speed is a big plus. I don't need to use it outside, so its only the odor part of the MFLB.

MLark,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
It doesn't smell much when it's in use, but the trench packs a mighty odor wallop. Then there's the issue of your breath. Boiled plant matter tastes spicy on intake but smells funny to people who aren't partaking (even if they are a cannabis user) Bring mints, and wrap it in a fabric softener sheet when traveling with it in your bag or backpack. :cool:

Bluntcrush,

max

Out to lunch
Nycdeisel said:
It's not always cooking the bud. If it were, you'd be hearing non-stop hissing. It just reheats when the temp drops, as any vape with a thermostat does. As for the plastics used in the vape, they are high tech plastics, and don't really have the smell issues that the Vapir units do.

max,

lwien

max said:
It's not always cooking the bud. If it were, you'd be hearing non-stop hissing. It just reheats when the temp drops, as any vape with a thermostat does. As for the plastics used in the vape, they are high tech plastics, and don't really have the smell issues that the Vapir units do.

Max, the temp may drop a bit by a few degrees and the hissing occurs to bring it back up to vaping temps, but heat is still being applied to the bud between hits when it's not hissing, is it not? Look how long it takes to get from ambient room temp to operating temp when the unit is cold versus the time it takes for the hissing to begin or stop when in full operation.

lwien,

MG23

Relaxin'
MLark said:
You hear about how its so low on odor. Does it smell less than other portable vaporizers or is the same??
MLark said:
Assuming there was no combustion would you still say the MFLB smells less? I plan to be using it for home use so the temperature readout and longer draw speed is a big plus. I don't need to use it outside, so its only the odor part of the MFLB.

I use my LB in my room all the time, and it produces absolutely no smell to speak of when hitting it properly (i.e. not combusting :lol:) Seriously, you could probably use this thing with someone 1 foot away and they wouldn't smell a thing. The LB is the definition of stealth.

Also, I hear people talk about how the trench will begin to stink over time. I keep my trench clean when not in use, and make sure to blow it clean and get any particle build up off after every use. This has made sure that unless I put my nose right up against the box, I can't smell a damn thing. Just take care of your LB and she will take care of you.

MG23,

Nycdeisel

MattyGTwenty3 said:
MLark said:
You hear about how its so low on odor. Does it smell less than other portable vaporizers or is the same??
MLark said:

I use my LB in my room all the time, and it produces absolutely no smell to speak of when hitting it properly (i.e. not combusting :lol:) Seriously, you could probably use this thing with someone 1 foot away and they wouldn't smell a thing. The LB is the definition of stealth.

Also, I hear people talk about how the trench will begin to stink over time. I keep my trench clean when not in use, and make sure to blow it clean and get any particle build up off after every use. This has made sure that unless I put my nose right up against the box, I can't smell a damn thing. Just take care of your LB and she will take care of you.

Quoted for truth!!

You cant leave th batteries in though, it would combust for sure.

As soon as the battery makes contact, it instantly starts to heat up and you shouldnt wait more then about 5 seconds to start your hit. Towards the end of the hit, you remove the battery, thus stopping the heat, and then you clear the vapor and bam you just took a hit.

Hope that helps you understand it better!

Nycdeisel,

MLark

Nycdeisel said:
Quoted for truth!!

As soon as the battery makes contact, it instantly starts to heat up and you shouldnt wait more then about 5 seconds to start your hit. Towards the end of the hit, you remove the battery, thus stopping the heat, and then you clear the vapor and bam you just took a hit.

Hope that helps you understand it better!

Thats exactly what im talking about, people saying how extremely low it is on odor. Is this the same with all portable vaporizers or just the MFLB? (Thanks for the above tip)

MLark,

MG23

Relaxin'
Nycdeisel said:

If you purchase an LB now you get the battery ring, which makes this a complete non-issue.

MG23,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
max said:

Max, the temp may drop a bit by a few degrees and the hissing occurs to bring it back up to vaping temps, but heat is still being applied to the bud between hits when it's not hissing, is it not? Look how long it takes to get from ambient room temp to operating temp when the unit is cold versus the time it takes for the hissing to begin or stop when in full operation.
OK, certainly ambient heat is being applied. But I don't see that as making the vape have a stronger smell than the LB. In my experience, opening the LB can create more odor than an iolite that's been on and in use for a good while. The phrase "always cooking the bud", kind of implies more odor the longer it's on. But since the temp is limited with the iolite, I've never had an issue with it having a strong odor, even after it's been loaded and running for a half hour or so. Having the herb chamber closed, in place, seems to do a good job of limiting the smell. If I'm around others, I worry more about opening the LB for stirring the trench. With the iolite, you can just shake it, as long as you don't have it packed tight.

MLark said:
Thats exactly what im talking about, people saying how extremely low it is on odor. Is this the same with all portable vaporizers or just the MFLB?
The LB doesn't have any special 'low smell' technology. If you keep it clean, it won't smell excessively, but odor is more related to exposed bud and exhales than to vape design (unless the design avoids having to open the vape bowl up to exposure). In fact, the LB doesn't have a sealed design. When the unit is closed, ready to vape, there's still an air path down the right side, and out the back. If odor is a big deal for you, I'd concentrate more on keeping your vape clean (whichever model you choose), and taking small enough hits to avoid exhaling too much vapor.

max,

Nycdeisel

MattyGTwenty3 said:
If you purchase an LB now you get the battery ring, which makes this a complete non-issue.

Even so, not everyone uses the pushback ring. Though I do agree it s very handy feature.

max said:
If I'm around others, I worry more about opening the LB for stirring the trench

What? Why would you need to open it? Just tap it on the underside and shake a bit then settle it back along the trench.

Nycdeisel,

MLark

max said:
lwien said:
max said:

OK, certainly ambient heat is being applied. But I don't see that as making the vape have a stronger smell than the LB. In my experience, opening the LB can create more odor than an iolite that's been on and in use for a good while. The phrase "always cooking the bud", kind of implies more odor the longer it's on. But since the temp is limited with the iolite, I've never had an issue with it having a strong odor, even after it's been loaded and running for a half hour or so. Having the herb chamber closed, in place, seems to do a good job of limiting the smell. If I'm around others, I worry more about opening the LB for stirring the trench. With the iolite, you can just shake it, as long as you don't have it packed tight.

MLark said:
Thats exactly what im talking about, people saying how extremely low it is on odor. Is this the same with all portable vaporizers or just the MFLB?
The LB doesn't have any special 'low smell' technology. If you keep it clean, it won't smell excessively, but odor is more related to exposed bud and exhales than to vape design (unless the design avoids having to open the vape bowl up to exposure). In fact, the LB doesn't have a sealed design. When the unit is closed, ready to vape, there's still an air path down the right side, and out the back. If odor is a big deal for you, I'd concentrate more on keeping your vape clean (whichever model you choose), and taking small enough hits to avoid exhaling too much vapor.

Quality posts man, thanks.

Well it comes down to this then. Do you think an NO2 would smell any more than the MFLB?

MLark,

Nycdeisel

yes, it will probably smell and taste like burning plastic, not that that smell stands out :rolleyes:

Nycdeisel,

MLark

Nycdeisel said:
yes, it will probably smell and taste like burning plastic, not that that smell stands out :rolleyes:

Yeah, cute. Lol.

Im so anxious guys! All i need to know before buying my vape is would a NO2 smell more than the storied MFLB.

MLark,

wthanna

NO2 is crap. You are way over thinking this. Get a launch box. Smell is minimal to none if you don't burn your herb. You will master it in a day. I've used it many times in the same room with those who don't smoke / vape / or approve at all... No one has ever noticed. Spend a day with it by yourself and you will wonder why you ever made such a big deal about the smell. :cool:

wthanna,

MLark

wthanna said:
NO2 is crap. You are way over thinking this. Get a launch box. Smell is minimal to none if you don't burn your herb. You will master it in a day. I've used it many times in the same room with those who don't smoke / vape / or approve at all... No one has ever noticed. Spend a day with it by yourself and you will wonder why you ever made such a big deal about the smell. :cool:

Aw man im not worried about the MFLB smell at all. I just need to know if the Vapir smells as little as it.

Your right i am overthinking it but an answer would end it all for me haha. Want the Vapir but odor is number 1.

MLark,

MG23

Relaxin'
MLark said:
wthanna said:

Aw man im not worried about the MFLB smell at all. I just need to know if the Vapir smells as little as it.

Your right i am overthinking it but an answer would end it all for me haha. Want the Vapir but odor is number 1.

If you want the Vapir get it, but in my (and overwhelmingly popular) opinion the Launch Box is worlds better. I've tried both the NO2 and Launch Box and if I had went with the Vapir over Launch Box for my first vape purchase I would now have both and the Vapir would be collecting dust. Don't waste your money man, just get the LB from the get go and be glad you did.

MG23,

max

Out to lunch
At least you won't smell/taste plastic with the LB. That's the main knock against the N02. I think someone having the N02 in a 'less smell' contest is pretty strange.

max,

MLark

max said:
At least you won't smell/taste plastic with the LB. That's the main knock against the N02. I think someone having the N02 in a 'less smell' contest is pretty strange.

Haha. Plastic aside though man. Do you think the NO2 would smell more than it

MLark,

lwien

What I want to know is, why are you putting that plastic taste and smell aside? There could be some bad shit causing that smell and taste. If you can get a vape that doesn't have this issue, why get one that possibly does?

lwien,

MLark

lwien said:
What I want to know is, why are you putting that plastic taste and smell aside? There could be some bad shit causing that smell and taste. If you can get a vape that doesn't have this issue, why get the one that does?

Fair enough. Well its the temperature control and hard draws that set it apart. Being able to release specific CBDs too. Taste of plastic doesn't scare me at all, could be nothing, and anyways i really dont care about the tiny stuff as with the things i do ill literally fall off a cliff first lol.

MLark,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom