Why is wasting vapor on YouTube reviews so popular?

Every time I watch a video review the reviewers seem to have a thing about exhaling a cloud of unabsorbed vapor.

To me this makes no sense. You payed for that herb, you want it to be as effective as possible.

Hold that hit in and let it absorb.

Also taking hits so massive they exhale a huge cloud of waisted vapor then proceed to harsh out and start coughing. What is this... amateur hour? Stop abusing yourself.

Then, when they are clearly high as a kite, they pack another bowl, then another.

:mental:

There is an old adage “You arent getting any higher just lower on weed” and it’s true.

One last thing. If you are a reviewer please stop mentioning clearly dodgy activity like vaping in a car or in public. If someone wants to use a device to break the law let them figure that out by themself.
Also, referring to your ADV (all day vape) as a “daily driver” :uhh: just no. Metrics matter and our opponents are watching.

Seriously... why is this so common?
Every time I watch a video review the reviewers seem to have a thing about exhaling a cloud of unabsorbed vapor.

To me this makes no sense. You payed for that herb, you want it to be as effective as possible.

Hold that hit in and let it absorb.

Also taking hits so massive they exhale a huge cloud of waisted vapor then proceed to harsh out and start coughing. What is this... amateur hour? Stop abusing yourself.

Then, when they are clearly high as a kite, they pack another bowl, then another.

:mental:

There is an old adage “You arent getting any higher just lower on weed” and it’s true.

One last thing. If you are a reviewer please stop mentioning clearly dodgy activity like vaping in a car or in public. If someone wants to use a device to break the law let them figure that out by themself.
Also, referring to your ADV (all day vape) as a “daily driver” :uhh: just no. Metrics matter and our opponents are watching.

Seriously... why is this so common?
:clap::clap: World class first world rant.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Gray Area

Alexis

Imagine you are in one of those booths that you attempt to snatch money floating in the air. Is it easier with 3 bills or 300? That is you and vapor. The density of the vapor allows you to maximise absorption and monitor for when to re up.
But you also lose more bills with 300. More escape, whereas you might get all 3, or at least two thirds. Im not disagreeing with your logic here about saturation peak etc, but there is a line to be drawn in what percentage of bills are not caught as the amount increases.
Just from a wasteful concept, as a pose to introducing less bills at a time and taking your time to catch them all.

It's just the inevitable trade off for very large, dense hits IMO. You get the effect you desire but a larger proportion of vapor will have less effect on you than sessioning the same amount of material over more time, more spread out (diluted).

But you will get less cained that way, or a very different effect at least. So I will never knock the guys that take monster vape hits, however soon they choose to exhale. The bigger the hit usually, the harder it is to hold. Bring on the day of free ganja then the financial apsect to this debate (which is pretty huge), is tossed out.
Then it is more a question of health, ecology, personal freedom and choice and anything else of relevance.

Sorry folks, Im very high (Elev8d), and sugar level down from lack of food, must remedy asap. :)

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

It is people like this as well as the people who light massive joints at rallies that gives all of us users a negative shadow...

I imagine that pro-prohibition people also take the time to observe that if people can afford to waste so much cannabis the prices of cannabis should go up.

sickmanfraud,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I have to say that a giant tasty hit from my Vapcap or my Mighty is very enjoyable. The act of vaping is pleasurable beyond the effects that come after. This could also be a reason why you see people vaping more than they should and blowing clouds. It’s just so tasty and fun?

I find that I sometimes want more, not for the effects but just the experience itself. Which I find very interesting because combustion never made me want to smoke another bowl or roll another joint.

Godspeed

chris 71

what ever the reasons are , try and not let it bother you OP .

you tube vids aside , people smoke expensive cigars , or puff on pipe tobacco with out inhaling just for the pleasure and taste . i have many times vaped with my vape cap without inhaling just for my own enjoyment in doing so . i might tend to do this with some of my cheaper strains but i like it .

Boden

Aspie polymath
In the same vein, I asked about Cannabis Youtubers in a previous thread. I think it may be a fine line between simulated vaping/smoking buddies and shear entertainment. As @Diggy Smalls mentioned, he (like me) occasionally have no one to vape with and Cannabis Youtubers assist us in not feeling so isolated.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/is-your-vaping-buddy-live-or-digitized.25954/

what ever the reasons are , try and not let it bother you OP .

you tube vids aside , people smoke expensive cigars , or puff on pipe tobacco with out inhaling just for the pleasure and taste . i have many times vaped with my vape cap without inhaling just for my own enjoyment in doing so . i might tend to do this with some of my cheaper strains but i like it .

I have no issue with what others do as long as it doesn’t harm.

I get the fun of exhaled vapor. Heck I’m one of the inventors of the modern e-cig, I really understand the value in quitting combustion.

Yes, I’m that Boden

I just think the top weedtubers might want to dial back the excess in order to show pot vapers in a more positive light.

Wether they know it or not their audience is not just chavvy potheads.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you're not using your vaporizer exclusively at max temperature you're wasting as much cannabinoids as exhaling early.

Although personally I don't believe holding in hits increases effectiveness. I do think it causes more vapor to condense into sticky residue which accumulates on the lungs though...

I definitely don't find multiple small hits to equal a big one, anyones welcome to come rip my Showerhead at 777 if you truly feel that way.

Morty

Showing off that with this device you too can be “that guy” that blows clouds and annoys everyone.
:lol:
Or is this a weed version of the Jackass show.
:rofl:
What i think is wasteful is when i video of a dude trying to dab 14 grams of shatter at once or another dude doing like 30 grams at once. That is wasteful and nearly pointless.
Agreed. It's hilarious when you see their eyes go "wonky" in the middle of the hit. I would think videos like this are 100% worse for MJ's image than someone blowin a fat vapor cloud or sparking a huge doober at a rally. JMO.
I personally think waste of huge vapor clouds is a good thing in videos. Sometimes it gives me a sense of the vape's possible vapor production
:nod: I'm not watching a ShowerHead video (or a Supreme, Evo, Sub, GS XLR, etc.) to see how well it pumps out the blue vapor. :tup:
It's kind of funny to me that it upsets you so much
Maybe not upset, but a you seem a little agitated. Let the cloud chasers chase I say. But, that's just like, my opinion & stuff man. :ko: :spliff:

:haw:
:razz:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I think it is because so many of us come from combustion and love "big clouds" from the "good" (rather bad) old times. It took me nearly a year (and a Vapman) to give a fuck about visible vapor while exhaling and to realize that it is not the "big cloud" that gets me baked, but the efficiency of my vaporizer when it comes to extraction. In fact, I only stopped caring one week ago.

So: Fuck combustion! Fuck big clouds! One Love! Get high with wispy hits - Your lung will sing "Hallelujah" out of gratitude and you save LOTS of your precious material while still getting high like a stoned weasel.

On a sidenote: I just had tremendous fun blowing out giant clouds after first using my Vapcap through a water tool and then reaching out to my OG Sticky Brick. Yes, I probably wasted lots of material like this, but it was hell of a fun to do so. Back to my Vapman. But still. It's great from time to time, I must admit it.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
If you're not using your vaporizer exclusively at max temperature you're wasting as much cannabinoids as exhaling early.

Although personally I don't believe holding in hits increases effectiveness. I do think it causes more vapor to condense into sticky residue which accumulates on the lungs though...

I definitely don't find multiple small hits to equal a big one, anyones welcome to come rip my Showerhead at 777 if you truly feel that way.
...and I'm booking the airline tickets now! so it's gonna be like 16-18 hours...
Whoooo-hooooo!!! Party at Inverted's! You're such a cool dude, it is on! Hell yeah!!!
If I try 777, can I also try 666? :evil:

That's why we call him Money-Shot @Morty the Cloud-Blower! :razz: You so crazy! Show-off!

@Dynavaper Yes! Decadence FTW! I keep track of my daily intake (and all the shit I never did in 30 years of combustion) and sometimes I think it's good to remember it's supposed to be fun! I mean moderation and all that day-to-day is fine but I like and want to have fun with it. I've always enjoyed it and even if it's medical now doesn't mean I can't have fun with the euphoria, does it?
God I hope not. I'll have to repent and confess, ohno! :ugh:

Last edited:

Boden

Aspie polymath

Unless you are extracting the leftover duff for nighttime edibles.

The vapor has condensed to aerosol before it gets anywhere near your lungs. Plus you want that aerosol to stick to your lungs, that’s how it works.

Easy experiment:
Measure out two equal portions of the same bud.

Separate one pile into four smaller piles. Then vape those four loads at 777 and hold each hit for ten seconds before you exhale.

Four hours later take the other half and vape in one load with no hold.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Boden The temperature reference is simply the temp of the coil, not a temp measurement of the load or the air passing through the load. Having no experience with enails, I wondered the same thing: mainly, how are they not combusting? Also the speed of inhalation one uses is the key. I'm finding my favourite vapes let the driver control, I think I would like the NVFP+SH (whew!) experience because of the infinite control given to the user through precise, repeatable temperature control and the speed of inhalation.
So many variables to take into consideration! :science: So much space to explore! This is Major Tom...

One last thought before this thread suffers the fate we all must one day face:
I'm willing to bet anything that if I had really knocked on the door of the crib of @invertedisdead the other day after posting, the interchange would have gone something like this:
Inverted: (puzzled) Uh, hi. Can I help you?
pj: Hey man, I'm pxl_jockey. You said I could pop by...
Inverted: Oh right, sure man! Come on in, I'm telling you- 777's gonna blow your mind. You're going to qualify for special services* when the Showerhead is done with you. Prepare yourself, old man!
*cue laugh track and play the theme song*

* Obviously, inverted didn't say this. This is my mental teleplay script. And I don't censor myself subconsciously for crassness. Please don't PM me to tell me how upset I've made you. Keep it to yourself. Lighten up, Francis.

Boden

Aspie polymath
@Boden Lighten up, Francis.

ra%2Cunisex_tshirt%2Cx1850%2C101010%3A01c5ca27c6%2Cfront-c%2C435%2C380%2C420%2C460-bg%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Boden,
Reactions: Jill NYC

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dude, only the first part of first paragraph was for you. Anything not about temperature was not directed at you. Geez, I hope you don't think that because I am pretty stream of consciousness most days. But I am tickled pink that anyone at all got the "Stripes" reference. Genius. Any of youse touch my stuff and I'll kill ya. That film has so many classic lines. @Boden you seem light enough, sorry for any miscommunications.
I deny any malicious intent and blame the FC mods as well as the interwebs at large.

Love, p_j

Boden

Aspie polymath
Dude, only the first part of first paragraph was for you. Anything not about temperature was not directed at you. Geez, I hope you don't think that because I am pretty stream of consciousness most days. But I am tickled pink that anyone at all got the "Stripes" reference. Genius. Any of youse touch my stuff and I'll kill ya. That film has so many classic lines. @Boden you seem light enough, sorry for any miscommunications.
I deny any malicious intent and blame the FC mods as well as the interwebs at large.

Love, p_j
LOL :tup:

I just liked the Stripes reference

Boden,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That’s the opposite of what is happening in this case. We are not absorbing a gas but an aerosol. The aerosol needs time to settle on the surface of your lungs.

Still not convinced that holding in is better than the re-breathing technique, but I find the latter much more natural and comfortable, especially when doing it through the nose, makes for really tasty/smelly exhales when covering the receptors inside there.

We had that discussion extensively in another thread in the past, including IIRC some answers by guys working in the biology field. And I mostly recall the oxygen deprivation argument, the saturation and absorption rate which was time-bound and required fresh air supply and that re-breathing could be preferable.

But as always, whatever floats your boat!

Tranquility

Still not convinced that holding in is better than the re-breathing technique, but I find the latter much more natural and comfortable, especially when doing it through the nose, makes for really tasty/smelly exhales when covering the receptors inside there.

We had that discussion extensively in another thread in the past, including IIRC some answers by guys working in the biology field. And I mostly recall the oxygen deprivation argument, the saturation and absorption rate which was time-bound and required fresh air supply and that re-breathing could be preferable.

But as always, whatever floats your boat!

Any study that addresses the issue mentions an old 1994 study that started the short hold theory of inhalation.
http://brainimaging.waisman.wisc.edu/~perlman/papers/azorlosa_marijuana_1995.pdf

I bet a search that uses that study's cite will find most modern studies on THC absorption though the lungs.

Top Bottom