Who makes the best portable today?

marvel

Yeah, I know, we all have our own opinions, but I'd love to hear from folks who have tried a few. Which one is your favorite, what do you like about it and what don't you like about it?

I have an Extreme for home & a VaporGenie for on-the-go. I want a discrete portable with auto-temp control so friends can use it at parties as easily as I can. The VaporGenie is great for me, but people who only use with me infrequently have trouble with it. Either they don't get a good hit or they get way too much.

The Iolite looks nice, how are these holding up? I'm wanting something that will last me a long time. I take obsessively good care of everything I own. My possessions wear out from normal use or break due to manufacturing problems, as a result I try to pay more for higher quality. There's nothing more frustrating than a well pampered piece of equipment just breaking on it's own due to poor design. I'm worried about the butane system on the iolite failing... every fancy refillable lighter I've ever had has given me all sorts of grief in short order. Maybe this is different?

So, what would you buy for a good portable vape?

marvel,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
All of the top portables are good.

If you want something cordless you can hit one-handed and don't want to worry about regulating heat, the iolite is probably the closest match right now. Check out the iolite/iinhale threads for lots of info.

Another contender for one-handed use is the magic flight launch box. Haven't tried one myself but there are many happy owners in the launch box thread.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
You're not going to get quite the ease of use for newbies with the Launch Box that the iolite will give you. OTOH, the LB is going to be the winner as the 'less to go wrong' vape. You'll have to decide which aspect is more important to you.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
marvel said:
I want a discrete portable with auto-temp control so friends can use it at parties as easily as I can. The VaporGenie is great for me, but people who only use with me infrequently have trouble with it. Either they don't get a good hit or they get way too much.

The Iolite looks nice, how are these holding up?
The Iolite sounds like what I would recommend. When I am hanging out in the back yard with friends and want to share, I pull out the Iolite. The Launch Box is great, but you don't have to explain ANYTHING with the Iolite...just suck on this tube. The only thing you have to tell them is to not hold it by the stem or the bowl.

As far as holding up, there are very few portables that I would recommend that have been on the market long enough to tell.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
The VaporGenie is great for me, but people who only use with me infrequently have trouble with it. Either they don't get a good hit or they get way too much.
The LB has a learning curve too. The iolite is easy to use and has a good size bowl, so it's a nice group vape.

As for reliability, it's hard to beat the simple Genie, and the MF lifetime, unconditional warranty can't be beat either. The iolite is more of a risk, and some have had problems. If you decide on that one I'd make sure the dealer is willing to handle the warranty so you don't have to return it to Ireland.

max,

Beezleb

What aspects are important to you in a portable vaporizer?

For example some vapes are better at stealth than others, some such as lighter based vapes tend to draw attention during use due to the flame, some make noises some are silent, some use batteries other butane.

The main portable vaporizers have been listed but if you can be more specific to your needs we can recommend a portable vape that you are looking for.

Beezleb,

marvel

Primarily, I'm looking for something with a self-regulating thermostat for ease of use, something that's small and that warms up quickly. I want to push a button and vape without hassle.

The iolite looks perfect, to be honest, and I'll probably buy one, but I didn't know if there was anything similar/better out there. My primary concern on this is the butane - seems like a great idea, but every refillable butane lighter I've ever had was a piece of junk, even the expensive ones. I'd hate to drop that kind of cash on a vape and have it crap out on me in short order.

marvel,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I was worried about the butane because of similar experiences with failing refillable lighters, but I've become a believer myself over the past few months. The Iolite is the only portable vape I feel comfortable letting less experienced people use with little or no supervision.

Durden,

hedgewitch

My :2c: I have only had mine since early June: but I have used it everyday, sometimes several times a day, and it has always been great, works great, highly recomend :D:D

hedgewitch,

jawsh

I never used an iolite... but I would definitely recommend the vaporgenie. I love my vaporgenie! Really does the trick.. no warm up time. All you need is a lighter!

jawsh,
Top Bottom