Which vaporizer should I buy? (Beginning vaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
A friend of mine got his a week ago, actually (without all the extra stuff, he ordered it off ebay), so I've been using it consistently. I never really mentioned anywhere that I haven't used one yet, because I have.
I can see how someone would assume that you hadn't tried one though.
You said you had ordered it but it hadn't arrived.

Frederick McGuire,

VapeVoice

Which is exactly what happened Frederick, thanks. Fell free to stand by your opinion JeeSee. As I stand by mine. I personally wouldn't want a recommendation for any product from someone who hasn't used said product. Others may not have a problem with it. Anyway, this person is trying to find a vaporizer not read thru pages of arguments. Let's just agree to disagree.

VapeVoice,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
VapeVoice, i understand and i think you are right. BUT, i don't think you should dismiss the opinion of someone who hasn't tried it.

I might take into higher consideration an opinion of an experienced user who has tried loads of different vaporizer than a new user just treading his first steps into vapour world.. but to outright dismiss him is IMO, almost as bad as dismissing the experienced user.

I, for one, don't think a log would cut it for Dragonness because it is not that portable and it has to be constantly on, which is also something that does not seem that good to her but i might be wrong.

It is also stated in the OP a budget up to 70USD.. a heat gun is like 6x that price..

I like different opinions, and conflicting ones.. that way, you can extract the pros and cons of each and see which one will suit you the most.

vorrange,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vorrange,

It is also stated in the OP a budget up to 70USD.. a heat gun is like 6x that price..

Fair enough, i like that and the rest of what was writen as well!

The Steinel is out of question and i wouldn't want to breath through a budget tool acquired at Walmart!!!

But... ;)

1) Who knows, maybe the IP does own a suitable heat-gun already
2) It doesn't matter how cheap the heat-gun is if used to heat only

Should it turn out that Dragonnes (and/or the other person involved, for instance!) actually happens to own some heat-gun, any heat-gun provided it has a proper nozzle, then my point is there may be affordable related solutions to consider indeed...

Yet, i've made it clear previously: i haven't tried this but i'm confident simple judgment can help to make an "educated guess" in this matter!

:peace:

Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
:) A little too many maybes, but yes. hehehe.

The only problem is Dragoness is MIA.

Gentlemen, i guess we'll reconvene when she returns. :D

vorrange,

Egzoset

Banned
A little too many maybes...

You don't need to tell me, i still have some vivid memories of those numerous "maybes"!...

:rolleyes:

My hope is that Dragoness and friend will get a sense of what to gamble on, with reasonable expectations of success.

I mean, yes, gamble!! Because from the looks of it it isn't rare to see people coming to FC who made a bet and lost even if that only was a 1st attempt... Shit happens, it's a good thing to grasp some idea of what's ahead, to decide if it is an acceptable risk or not (e.g. contaminants in the airpath, etc. Name it)!

But the thing is Dragoness appears to be thinking hard at the moment and my crystall ball is getting foggy relatively to the underlying motivations...

So, good luck Dragoness!

Egzoset,
Reactions: vorrange

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I would recommend the supreme vaporizer! If there are any left, I think you can pick one up for less than a hundred bucks. The sv is a butane powered, variable temp, powerhouse that works with small and large loads, can hook up to almost any water pipe, and is very durable.

notmyrealUSERname,

VapeVoice

I just picked up a SV off of ebay for $80. He does have another one listed. I'll let you know what I think of it once it gets here.

VapeVoice,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
This is the least expensive heavy hitter that I am aware of. It's actually quite good with a lifetime warranty - very similar to the Vapor Brothers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VaporBox-Va...858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519a3d4602

I see that the price has been increased by about $30 but there's a "make an offer" which suggests that it could still be had for the original $139.00, which is what I had paid for it. It's a little higher than what you want to spend but the quality and performance is definitely there, plus if it breaks the company will fix it indefinitely, no questions asked, which has been my experience.

My friends say that my VaporBox "hits like a motherfucker," it's hands free, there's very little learning curve involved. The only thing I would say regarding this or any other "box vape" is that you might like to raise the back end up slightly to even out the angle (you'll know what I mean if you pick this vape). A paperback book is fine. I have a mousepad with wrist support, and that works perfectly - the wrist support raises it up and the mousepad allows the vaporizer to retain it's stability on the table.

Regardless of what vape you pick, you should get a grinder - this is very important.
A cheap two piece is ideal. My favorite is the small Space Case which is about $20 or so with a coupon code but good ones can be found on Ebay for less.

Best results with a vaporizer: First dry out a bud by leaving it in the open air overnight. Then grind it. When you're ready to use it, do not pack it - just put a little in. Stir the bud particles between hits with a "pokey stick" or a toothpick or a bamboo skewer. I've used a stretched out paper clip - works fine too.

Let us know what you decide on and how you like it.. good luck.

jeffp,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This is the least expensive heavy hitter that I am aware of. It's actually quite good with a lifetime warranty - very similar to the Vapor Brothers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VaporBox-Va...858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519a3d4602

I see that the price has been increased by about $30 but there's a "make an offer" which suggests that it could still be had for the original $139.00, which is what I had paid for it. It's a little higher than what you want to spend but the quality and performance is definitely there, plus if it breaks the company will fix it indefinitely, no questions asked, which has been my experience.

My friends say that my VaporBox "hits like a motherfucker," it's hands free, there's very little learning curve involved. The only thing I would say regarding this or any other "box vape" is that you might like to raise the back end up slightly to even out the angle (you'll know what I mean if you pick this vape). A paperback book is fine. I have a mousepad with wrist support, and that works perfectly - the wrist support raises it up and the mousepad allows the vaporizer to retain it's stability on the table.

Regardless of what vape you pick, you should get a grinder - this is very important.
A cheap two piece is ideal. My favorite is the small Space Case which is about $20 or so with a coupon code but good ones can be found on Ebay for less.

Best results with a vaporizer: First dry out a bud by leaving it in the open air overnight. Then grind it. When you're ready to use it, do not pack it - just put a little in. Stir the bud particles between hits with a "pokey stick" or a toothpick or a bamboo skewer. I've used a stretched out paper clip - works fine too.

Let us know what you decide on and how you like it.. good luck.

It has been quite a while since Dragoness (the OP) posted here.. my guess is the heavy hitter did its job. :D

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom