Which Vapes Broke Ground for others to follow:

lwien

Here's my take, in no particular order:

The Eterra
The Volcano
The MFLB
The VaporBros

The EVO and the Sub are groundbreaking designs as well, but imho, are still in their infancy.

The SSV may come into consideration but one has to wonder if the VB didn't exist, would the SSV have seen the light of day. The PD may come into consideration as well but if it wasn't for the Eterra, would the PD have existed.

Thoughts?

lwien,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I think that all vaporizers can all trace their roots back to the Eterra / Bob at FlasheVap. It's patent was drawn up in the 70's, and it seems to me that it is the first device to implement the concept of tobacco vaporization (which had been used in Hookah for centuries) to marijuana. I'm sure individuals in the past had been doing it, but this is the first documented cannabis vaporizer I've been able to find.

Things moved slowly up until Eagle Bill was introduced to vaporizing in 1993 when he was introduced to it by an unnamed Californian grower. He popularized the heat gun to oven bag set up, which is what I think ultimately inspired the Volcano.

The vaporgenie should also be considered, I don't think I have found any examples of a lighter based vaporizer that predate it.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Were there any all-glass-path plugin vaporizers before vapolution?

syrupy,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
@CentiZen IIRC the Supreme vaporizer beat vaporgenie to market by almost a year? But I can't be 100% as that was 12 or 13 years ago. :tup:

Edit; Ha ha. I had a Eagle Bill's shake n vape pipe in the late 90's early 00's ah the memories lol.

Last edited:
1_gr8_underdog,

Wizsteve

guy around here made a heat gun vape with bags and jar long before the volcano come out they was a hard sale at 199-299

high times had one advertized in the ads in the late 70's using a heated glass plate and glass dome with a whip

Wizsteve,
Top Bottom