What's better.. Volcano Digital or the Extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliensquale

Well I am currently using the Vaporwarez handsfree whip vaporizer and love it. But looking to upgrade to something with balloons and sometihng digital. I was about to order a Volcano digital but now see this new Extreme unit that looks awesome.

can anybody give some unbiased opinions on what unit they feel is better and why? forget about the price for the moment I Just want the best vaporizer in terms of performance, taste, potency, etc.

thanks

aliensquale,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
we only have a couple cano fans here, but afaik both of them have the standard

if digital is really what youre looking for, id go with the extreme, storz an bickel only have a 2 yr warranty on the digi as opposed to 3 year on regular, that kind of manufacturer confidence makes me think twice

have you read through the extreme threads yet?
the extreme seems to shine in the bag mode, and if you get it down erally right, you can get some bags of vapor so dense you cant see through it, since you already havee a whip vape that you enjoy, the extreme's minor shortcomngs as a direct-draw vape wont really concern you
you might be interested in the fan assisted whip hits that the extreme can do though

oh and have ou looked into the pd yet? fucking solid unit and will complement pretty much any combination of vapes

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have an Extreme and have tried a Volcano but not an Herbalaire. If you are happy with your whip vape and want the best bags and price is of no concern, then I would recommend a Volcano. The Extreme does a fine job with bags, but the Volcano's bag system can't be beat. I've heard complaints about the Extreme's reliability, but Arizer always does what's right by the customer, so it makes up for it. I've rarely heard complaints about the Volcano's durability, so it's safe there. While the Herbalaire seems to be pretty durable, most of the complaints about this unit have to do with design (bags too small, fan too slow, is teflon safe?), and that's a big problem. The one thing the Herbalaire reprotedly does very well is efficiency. It seems to be second only to the Purple Days industry-wide in terms of efficiency, and it doesn't require a grinder.

Disclaimer: My statements about the Herbalaire are not based on experience, just on lots of reading what others think about it.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
best vaporizer in terms of performance, taste, potency, etc.
There really is no big difference among the three leading bag vapes in those areas. A steady airflow and temp makes consistent vapor production a breeze. I have the herbalAire, which is not digital, and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. It does have a separate pump, which can be a big plus if it fails out of warranty (just buy a cheap aquarium pump). It also takes longer to fill a bag. But in return it's very efficient.

If you want digital it's the Extreme or Volcano. Both have a two year warranty. The Volcano may be more reliable long term. The Classic has certainly proven to be robust. Digital though-hard to say since both digital units are pretty new to the market. But bottom line, if you're looking for a performance difference in the 'cano that warrants a $400 higher price tag, forget it.

max,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I was thinking about digital before I got my vape but I don't think it's necessary. I ended up getting a herbalaire and it is very easy to set the exact temperature. I like being able to set precise temperatures and I find that the herbalaire is accurate and consistent.

As mentioned, the only disadvantage is that the herbalaire is a bit slow compared to other vapes, taking a few minutes to fill a bag, which for me isn't a problem. The tradeoff is that you get great efficiency. Also, you don't need to chop your herb before putting it in the herbalaire. You can pull a bud off the plant and put it straight into the herbalaire. You don't need to poke around with the herb half way through like with other vapes, and it will extract everything out of the bud every time.

hazy,

Volcano South

If anyone tells you waiting on a bag to fill is a disadvantage they're being a troll or lying because:

- Standard sized (.45m/1.5') S&B bags take about 20 seconds to fill. I have a 3' party bag that takes about 60 but I figure that's because the pump struggles to push the air so far up. (EDIT: I just forgot, I haven't used the party bag since I cleaned it and BOY WAS IT CLOGGED. I imagine 5 seconds or so has been cut off the 3')
- My friends enjoy it. The moment anyone complains about the bag time is the moment they don't hit the 'Cano anymore.
- Easy Valve comes with 5 valves, give a valve to each friend which means I'm not proverbially kissing and rubbing their saliva all over my lips.
- Easy Valve can change bags in less than 10 minutes. The next time I do it I WILL take pictures, maybe even a video but it would be a shitty cell phone video.
- Easy Valve cleans in less than 5 minutes. Soak in alcohol for 2-3 minutes and swab clean.

I can't comment on classic vs digital, had the digital had the same warranty I would've bought it. If I can spend $540 I can spend $640, you know? I'm just a fan of warranties as AoZ said above.

I also can't comment on ever using any other vaporizer, but I've let probably 30-40 of my friends/friends-of-friends experience it and NOT ONE has ever had ANYTHING BAD to say about it. I had a friend over last week who's used it a few times and he said "I just can't find a downside except the price."

I would like to try other vapes but most of my friends are cheapasses or don't fund their 'hobby' as extensively as I do. I actually don't have ONE smoking friend who has a vape of any sort, except two local guys -- both own a Volcano classic.

Volcano South,

Pitzpon

i guess i'm the second cano owner of the forum so i guess i'll share my :2c:...

not always expensive means better as the SSV BD and PD show us.
dont get me wrong, i love my volcano and i think it is one of the best out there, but also it is very expensive indeed.
for that price you could get the extreme and another vap and still keep some change.(i never used the extreme but its known as a great vaporizer)

if you have the money for it, the cano is awsome (i have non digi) and you know it will last forever, easy to use and accurate.

that said, if i had the to choose between a bag vap (cano/extreme) or waste my 550$ any way i wanted to, i would get the SSV and a PD, and with the change get one of those WFCM they are SWEET, maby a nice grinder, and after all that you still have some cash in your pocket.

i guess what im saying is, i would definetly get a volcano, but that would be only after i got the other first class vaps i mentiond.

Pitzpon,

vaporGene

I have a question what's the main difference between Volcano and The Extreme...

I have never heard about the cano , what kind of Vape is it?

vaporGene,

spikyvape

Ok i would vote for the Cano !!

Why ?

ok first of all where i am from Europe you get the cano in the drugstore ! The cano is the only vape
that is tested and examed by the universtity from Leiden (netherlands). Just google it ! Also i have
over 30 pages of documentery from Storz & Bickel with proof that it is a good product AND also a safe
vaporizer.

Most important the Cano gives a pretty whell constant temperature ! ok the vapor is a bit dry for some people but run it through a bong and you get superb nice concistant vapor.

The looks ok not that great but i have a volcano classic custom made *glossy black* buth the costs are pretty high ! but than you have something great !

The extreme ok it is a nice unit but it is not medical grade sorry you guys but it really isn't ! you have to
guess wich temperature you are @ because of the strange strange way of giving the temperature.

Also i find the Cano very good in usage best way to go is a nice very fine grinded layer of herb on
the screen and set in on 5 than you get a bag full of vapor with really nice flavour ! say 10 good hits a bag. next round stir the plant material and stay on 5 . You get another bag with 10 nice flavour hits say 30% less flavour as the first bag. Next go to 5,5 taste 60% less than to 6 70% less taste than 6,5 taste is than not that great but you still get vapor. In the end you get 40 / 50 hits from the cano.
BUT YOU STILL GET VAPOR !!!

If i put the same amount in a SSV i can get max really max 20 hits, after 5 hits the taste is nowhere.

So i vote for the Cano over : SSV, Aromed, Vaporbrothers, etc etc

In safety it's the safest in my opinion, i think whenn a vapebuilder is sure of his pruduct they would let their vape also tested, but no one does it, because they can't compare to the cano.

Trust me there is no better machine to drain your herbs as the cano !

And i have had many discusssions with Michael from S&B trust me they are legit and know what they are
doing.

Also it is a very serious company, ok you can't go from the looks but compare vape builders to this
company !

Ok i am not making friends here and this is no spamm, but the extreme can't winn from the cano
in safety and handeling not now and nowhere in the future.

But i still think glass is the way, so the vrip is coming my way but in safety and durability there is no better then the cano

Amen

Don't hate me ;)

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice pics, though if you love Storz @ Bickel so much you shouldn't hotlink images from their website. :)

I heard the girl in orange was fired after being caught with an Extreme.

So that's why they cost $800.

Just kidding. :D

:popcorn:

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Most important the Cano gives a pretty whell constant temperature
Nothing unique about that.

The extreme ok it is a nice unit but it is not medical grade sorry you guys but it really isn't ! you have to
guess wich temperature you are @ because of the strange strange way of giving the temperature.
Define medical grade please. And with the Extreme you don't have to guess the temp. You just have to know which version you have.

You get another bag with 10 nice flavour hits say 30% less flavour as the first bag. Next go to 5,5 taste 60% less than to 6 30% taste than 6,5 taste is than not that great but you still get vapor. In the end you get 40 / 50 hits from the cano.
Since you can't define the size of a hit, I could easily get that many from the SSV. Counting hits is a waste of time.

If i put the same amount in a SSV i can get max really max 20 hits, after 5 hits the taste is nowhere.
But the SSV, or any decent direct draw vape, can provide much tastier hits than any bag vape can deliver. With bag fill, you're just mixing the tasty vapor with the bad tasting vapor and the end result is a consistent blandness.

So i vote for the Cano over : SSV, Aromed, Vaporbrothers, etc etc
And I vote for the SSV, Aromed, Vaporbrothers, etc etc over the 'cano. I prefer getting some tasty vapor hits vs. total blandness. And really, you should be comparing bag vape to bag vape, and not bag to whip.

In safety it's the safest in my opinion, i think whenn a vapebuilder is sure of his pruduct they would let their vape also tested, but no one does it, because they can't compare to the cano.
If you're refering to UL Listing, the Extreme has that as well. Most vape makers don't go for UL listing because it costs about $15,000. As far as not comparing to the 'cano, that's your opinion.

Trust me there is no better machine to drain your herbs as the cano !
Actually, the herbalAire can take used herb from the Volcano and get more vapor from it. It's been proven multiple times.

Also it is a very serious company, ok you can't go from the looks but compare vape builders to this
company !
Yes, they're very high tech and professional. It also takes a lot of money to pay those salaries, overhead, etc. That's why the Classic and Digit sell for 2-4 times as much as other excellent vapes.

The Volcano is a great vaporizer, but it doesn't have any scientific advances that enable it to deliver more or better vapor than the Extreme. You can think that if you like but you won't convince very many members here. :2c:

max,

spikyvape

Thought this would happen haha.

aluminium heater beats ceramic in constant temperature Fact !

Medical grade whell just read the facts from the university from Leiden

Comparing an SSV with a cano is a waste of time indeed ;) SSV is by miles not as great as a Cano
A SSV is a heater from 8 dollars and a dimmer thats it. So who is overpriced ? Costs of a SSV to make
is 30 dollars max !! (they must have vaporbar also at SSV haha)

tasty vapor hits vs. total blandness ??? Have you really ever tried a cano ?

Herbalaire gets more out of the herb because the temp of air isn't accurate as a cano the temp is higher
and the chamber is smaller !

you won't convince very many members here, i know and not going to try it !

Just listen to the dopecast reports over the Volcano with Michael from S&B.

In the end the point is the Volcano is safer in my opinion and thats what i think is important
for me.

I just find it good to know that doctors give it on receipt that gives me trust

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thought this would happen haha.
We do strive to provide good, unbiased information on vaporizers. ;)

Clearly you've done a good job at convincing yourself. That's great you enjoy your Volcano, but no need to bash the SSV, many people here prefer it to the Volcano. Does it bother you that they have a different personal preference than you? Or are you actually saying they're mistaken in what they prefer? Even though I prefer the SSV, I can still appreciate the Volcano.

I should invite tokinGLX to this thread. :D

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
In the end the point is the Volcano is safer in my opinion and thats what i think is important
for me.
Yes but just remember this is your opinion and we have a fair amount of experience in the vape scene. And you are really sound like your coming across as a S&B delegate

Just listen to the dopecast reports over the Volcano with Michael from S&B.
They are hardly going to rubbish there own product in a dopecast are they :rolleyes:

As fot it being more medical grade than a SSV. Big call IMO. The inside of a 'Cano looks nothing like what I would consider medical grade.

I'm glad you enjoy your 'Cano and they are no doubt a top notch vape that was once head and shoulders above anything else on the Market. But that was 2004. Its now 2008 and the competition has caught up ... and are better priced.

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Spikyvape -- what is the production cost of a Volcano? I'll bet the labor alone to build an ssv is more than $30.

So the Herbalaire is inconsistent in its temperature and that creates more vapor?

No one here is going to say the Volcano sucks, but your one-sided, unsubstantiated, propaganda-like rants about the Volcano are the only things that suck about it. I can read posts like yours all over the web in many other forums. But here at fuckcombustion, we're pretty serious about more facts and less opinion, allowing others to form their own opinions.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
aluminium heater beats ceramic in constant temperature Fact !
If you're saying an aluminum heat EXCHANGER can retain more heat after a whip draw, I'd agree with you. The Purple-Days can beat that with its stainless steel exchanger. As for a bag vape, you have a constant airflow and that enables a constant temp. It's as simple as that. Maintaining a constant temp just isn't a problem when filling a bag.

Comparing an SSV with a cano is a waste of time indeed SSV is by miles not as great as a Cano
A SSV is a heater from 8 dollars and a dimmer thats it. So who is overpriced ? Costs of a SSV to make
is 30 dollars max !! (they must have vaporbar also at SSV haha)
You're right. The SSV certainly can't fill bags. Can the 'cano give you a rich vapor hit. Nope. And you don't know how much it costs to build any vape, including the Volcano. Steve (7th Floor) can only dream of being able to produce an SSV for $30. When you consider the production equipment for the 'cano, that's been depreciated through the years, lowering the build costs, and consider labor (which is necessary to do), I'd bet the production costs are higher on a PD than a Volcano. And why do you pick on the analog SSV, at $250, when the Digit sells for $669? At least compare to a $500+ digital unit like the Evolutions or Vaporfection. In your expert opinion, how much do they cost to produce?

tasty vapor hits vs. total blandness ??? Have you really ever tried a cano ?
I could fill bags from an Extreme, a herbalAire, and a Volcano, and assuming the same mouthpiece for all three bags, you couldn't tell which vapor came from which vape. Filling a bag, by design, results in diluted vapor. There's no way around it. No matter how much herb you load, a good direct draw vape will always outperform a bag unit in vapor to air ratio.

Herbalaire gets more out of the herb because the temp of air isn't accurate as a cano the temp is higher
and the chamber is smaller !
How do you know the herbalAire is less accurate? I'll even grant you that the Digit is more accurate than the herbalAire. So what? How does that make the temp higher. With that logic you'd have to say the Classic is inaccurate (and runs hot) because it can't keep the temp as steady as the Digit. You don't know what temp anyone uses on the herbalAire. And if the temp IS higher, why does the smaller bowl matter? And are you saying comparison isn't fair due to the herbalAire's smaller bowl? I could say comparison to the herbalAire isn't fair because the Digit uses a digital controller. Same logic.

for me.
Well at least that's stated as your opinion. But when you look at the vapor path of the 'cano, vs. the SSV, with its airflow only going through the top of the glass heater cover... And the Aromed- "in Europe some six medical insurance companies have, after thorough single evaluations, decided to refund the AroMed 100% when bought." Wouldn't that vape, which you also downgrade, be just as safe as the 'cano? And what about vapes that have an all glass vapor path? How do you get safer than that?

you won't convince very many members here, i know and not going to try it !
Then why are putting out your opinion, stated as fact, that the Volcano can't be beat, when you know that very few members here are in agreement with you? Give your reasons why you think it's better than the Extreme, without making claims you can't back up, and dragging direct draw vapes into the discussion, and nobody will mind. But as the fine print at the top of the forum says, "there is no best vaporizer", and anyone making that claim will get challenged here by one or more members. The vape field has been evened a lot through the years, and as vtac says, the best vape for any one person becomes personal preference.

max,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I'm sure the Volcano works fine, but for the money I can buy an excellent bag vape AND an excellent whip vape AND still have money for a bit of weed. That's an unbeatable combination in my opinion. Apart from the price, the Volcano is too big and ugly for my liking. My wife would kill me if I left that lying around.

hazy,

spikyvape

Ok fisrt of all i never said the volcano is the best vaporizer ! it's the safest i think. And compared
to the extreme ok say the bag mode the volcano also winns also for the valve modes !

I don'tthink the volcano is the best because of the little particles that it gives, ok most vapes do that
but still i hate that.

But that was 2004. Its now 2008 and the competition has caught up ... and are better priced.
\Your right and that worrys me because everytime more vape builders come across with only one
thing in mind money they don't look after your safety. Only people i have seen that do that lately
are tom and pam thats why i also getting a PD. Like i previous said i have had almost every vape
on the market and i know wich products are used in it and believe me it's a shock.

Yes but just remember this is your opinion and we have a fair amount of experience in the vape scene. And you are really sound like your coming across as a S&B delegate
Whell if that wass the case i whill be fired tomorrow because they never spammed anywhere and don't
allow that i think. But i have my doubts about some other people here that spamm :uhoh:

Clearly you've done a good job at convincing yourself. That's great you enjoy your Volcano, but no need to bash the SSV, many people here prefer it to the Volcano. Does it bother you that they have a different personal preference than you?
Who is bashing who here ? look at other topics where people mention the Volcano everyone gets over them. Just don't react that aggressive all the time. I sometimes get the feeling that some people are
aganits volcano users.

Well at least that's stated as your opinion. But when you look at the vapor path of the 'cano, vs. the SSV, with its airflow only going through the top of the glass heater cover... And the Aromed- "in Europe some six medical insurance companies have, after thorough single evaluations, decided to refund the AroMed 100% when bought." Wouldn't that vape, which you also downgrade, be just as safe as the 'cano? And what about vapes that have an all glass vapor path? How do you get safer than that?
Downgraded because of the effect of the aromed, the taste is great on the aromed !

I could fill bags from an Extreme, a herbalAire, and a Volcano, and assuming the same mouthpiece for all three bags, you couldn't tell which vapor came from which vape. Filling a bag, by design, results in diluted vapor. There's no way around it. No matter how much herb you load, a good direct draw vape will always outperform a bag unit in vapor to air ratio.
ok your right but in one bag (larger than the original one) i can taste my herb say 15 hits of flavour,
lately i had some very nice bubble gum and in the Volcano it wass really nice and tasty, in the SSV
it wass nice for 3 or 4 hits and than there wass mr. popcorn taste again. Nice to see that you mention
the vapor to air ratio. I think you like nice think vapors :lol: do you know how many % you are wasting
that way in potent vapor ? Everybody want big full vapor hits but you are wasting the herb, less is more !

With the SSV costst more as 30 dollars, ok you win say 39,99.......

With the PD costing more in labour etc. i believe this ! I even think they made the PD to cheap !! o wait
i must order first haha.

The costs of making a volcano i don't know, but i know it has more things in it special designed for the
unit. Other vapemakers seemed to go to the hardware store and just scrambled some pieces together.

In the end i hope everybody is happy with their unit, and i hope that i can sell my volcano whenn the
vrip is here, because i still think glass is the way to go, and also i think for evryday use water filtration
is a big must !!!

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Who is bashing who here ? look at other topics where people mention the Volcano everyone gets over them. Just don't react that aggressive all the time. I sometimes get the feeling that some people are
aganits volcano users.
You were bashing the SSV. See post #13.

To be quite honest, the main reason for 'resentment' against the Volcano is because of people who claim (and make a point of telling everyone) it has some mystical properties that no other vape can ever posses, and that all other vapes are garbage-- which couldn't be farther from the truth-- people here are well informed about vaporizers so it's insulting. Some of the logic in your posts here is pretty shaky and it almost looks like you're just trolling. Please don't.

The Volcano is a great vape. Volcano fanboys suck.

vtac,

spikyvape

i am a fanboy ?? haha you must be joking in terms of bagvape the volcano is the best IMO but i also
tell it's not the best of all vapes, de verdamper is way better and smoother. Vrip tool is going to be the best for sure.

After being in the vapescene from the beginning I think your reaction Vtac is very immature.

Maybe it's because i can't express the words right (european) but i don't going to let me called things
like you say.

With the SSV yes i said that and think it's very legit. The heating rod from solomon that it uses is just
not capable of maintaning the heat right.

For me this is end of dicussion for this topic :peace:

spikyvape,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Hey Spiky, maybe you're not a fanboy but it's kind of strange posting those photos and raving about the company. However I kind of like the look of that bookish chick in orange and the brunette standing behind her. So thanks anyway ;)

hazy,

spikyvape

ok with the pics true and they are away, but i just wanted to come up for the Cano and to let see
they are serious. You guys think to bad about the cano hahaha.

I am a paranoid vaporizer user so some things give me some trust in a company.

spikyvape,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Removing those pics just made me click on vtac's links, and the pictures are larger, so I'll take back what I said about the brunette.

No need to be paranoid. I've found some great products by reading about them in forums like this one. You don't need big/fancy companies, just read about people's experiences over time. Even big companies can disappear overnight, as we have recently seen (and there will be more!).

hazy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom