Whatcha doin' while you're isolated? The Quarantine Thread

GetLeft

I want some of these businesses to be there in a couple of months so I'll do my share of take out, taking all precautions of course. I had to go out today and every place I went (cvs, beer store, wine store... don't be judging : ) everyone's covering themselves up 'cause they want to instill a sense of safeness. And I noticed a drop in shopping stress when I was out. A local grocery store parking lot was at regular levels as I drove by. What fucked things up where I live is people over reacted. Not that I didn't overreact a little while ago when I got myself good and couch locked. No worries I'm back up ;)

Krazy

My sister is a nurse and I'm X military with disaster experience. We stocked up for 6 months at my parents back before the start and haven't gone down the mountain since. Filled the fridge and both freezers with dry and canned goods in the barn. Rows of Jerry cans and a pallet of paper goods and medical supplies as well.

My parents are both >80 and dad has compromised health. He catches it he is dead.

Amazon has no shipping options even for their CS reps. We live where USPS doesn't deliver to the house AND have a "don't go out" order in place. Fuck Amazon.

VA is refusing early prescription refills. You can call it in early but they won't refill it until just before the last one runs out. Fuck their management.

Baron23

I'm just passing the time posting crap like this and.....hahah

taking-matters-in-hand.jpg

Baron23,

ginolicious

I’m still working. It’s okay. Office is closed. I work with 2 other. Sit in my individual office. Answer phones. And then I go home. Take care my son and daughter and then log an hour on animal crossing. Really hard to get anything worthwhile done in that game in an hour.

ginolicious,
Reactions: muunch

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Staying in Mexico would be short sighted IMO. Once it spreads there (and it will) it will be far worse than here. Mexico is very poorly prepared for something like this, and their medical facilities will be overwhelmed very quickly. Coming down with this virus in a third world country is not something I would want to experience.

To stay on topic, I'm working on home projects, exercising and keeping my Evo busy :D
I am currently in Ecuador and have to say I am better off here than in Canada. Lots of food growing on trees, stocked shelves at the grocery store and everyone helping one another. Life here is what it used to be like years ago in North America. Yup, there are a few cases of COVID-19 for sure but they are handling everything very well. We have restrictions in place too, of course.

I go into the jungle with my metal detector and a gold pan daily. Been finding tiny amounts of gold. Just hope the monkeys don't catch this virus as i am surrounded by them every time I go out!

And I stocked up on (relatively) decent herb last week; my Solo II stays busy. :)

Peace, health and happiness to all. We will get through this.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
staying at home with spouse, but we work at home anyway. (started that in 1989, how's that for planning ahead)

i have received my new chinese cnc 3axis 3040z-dq router, bits, software and finally found a computer that is compatible (after 4 tries - time to empty the attic of old dead pcs since i have proven to myself (finally) that they are totally and completely worthless, sigh … but i'll keep the Apple ][ forever, man, so many memories) so i am studying manuals and configuring software controllers and learning g-code to start making Bud Toasters in volume. maybe. the cnc router is just the next step in the feasibility study, but so far, i'm stoked.

my real world business is internet/mail-order, but retail is in the toilet since the last year, so a little less is hardly noticeable. more time to study.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Wow.. what fucking greedy pigs!!!! $16 for a mask that 2 months ago cost $1.30.

FUCK THAT LINK !!!!!

FUCK THE OWNERS OF THIS COMPANY FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FEARFUL PUBLIC !!!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: C No Ego

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. The moment they say "100% Organic", I'm out.

Ramahs,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Post useful links rather than hammering the fucking keyboard as hard as you can.

You know what, fuck this shit. I cant leave the house at the moment because of lockdown. I've got 12 weeks of this shit, being told I'm at risk, and very few people around to help me out. My lungs are shot and I have an autoimmune system thats fucked. If I get this, I die.

If I need to go out and get food, I NEED a fucking mask, so I bought two of those because they ship overnight. I can afford it. Its not a huge amount of money.

I posted for other people in NEED, not people looking for a fucking bargain and to have a little hissy fit about price this or organic that.

You really think now is the fucking time for this shit?

Post links to offer alternatives without the all caps and abuse and actually offer help to other people. In what thread do you think these posts would be appropriate?

On a site thats all about air path purity? :D

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FUCK THAT LINK !!!!!
You know what, fuck this shit.
We are all a bit on edge these days, but let's dial it down a notch please.

FC is my safe space in this current whirlwind of shit that has befallen all of us, and I'm probably not the only one who is looking for ways to escape the real-life stresses that we are all experiencing.

Thank you for your consideration.

:peace:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Post useful links rather than hammering the fucking keyboard as hard as you can.

You know what, fuck this shit. I cant leave the house at the moment because of lockdown. I've got 12 weeks of this shit, being told I'm at risk, and very few people around to help me out. My lungs are shot and I have an autoimmune system thats fucked. If I get this, I die.

If I need to go out and get food, I NEED a fucking mask, so I bought two of those because they ship overnight. I can afford it. Its not a huge amount of money.

I posted for other people in NEED, not people looking for a fucking bargain and to have a little hissy fit about price this or organic that.

You really think now is the fucking time for this shit?

Post links to offer alternatives without the all caps and abuse and actually offer help to other people. In what thread do you think these posts would be appropriate?

On a site thats all about air path purity? :D

LOL I am not taking it out on you!

I am in the medical industry and it is painful that at our 7 hospital buildings, we cannot get masks anymore... more aggravating is that when we find them, the prices are sooooo out of budget that we cannot afford the new price structure. My buildings in the north and midwest are accepting donations for people that bought and hoarded, but the whole situation is FUCKED.

Again, not mad at ya for buying these, I am PISSED at the GREEDY FAT FUCKING PIGS that sold it to you.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
LOL I am not taking it out on you!

I am in the medical industry and it is painful that at our 7 hospital buildings, we cannot get masks anymore... more aggravating is that when we find them, the prices are sooooo out of budget that we cannot afford the new price structure. My buildings in the north and midwest are accepting donations for people that bought and hoarded, but the whole situation is FUCKED.

Again, not mad at ya for buying these, I am PISSED at the GREEDY FAT FUCKING PIGS that sold it to you.

They've always sold them at that price. Its a fashion brand, not a medical supply store, and they stitch them to order, by hand. They arent anything to do with supplying 7 hospital buildings. Obviously, what your saying is absolutely awful, but... They didnt sell it too me, I willingly bought it.

Here is another link instead of carrying on a pointless argument.

This woman is fantastic. We share the same autoimmune disease and she kindly donated me a mask. Fuck knows when it will get here, as we are on different continents, but at this point, I'LL TAKE IT! She is offering her work for small donations, those in need are most welcome. They are boilable for disinfecting (no elastic), and can fit replaceable filters.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-PTDQqBEn6/?igshid=1h26zjwqo38hc

TommyDee

Vaporitor
"They who honor the honor system shall be honored." Shining example right there.

"The Great Worx is the only reason anyone has for being here. Everything else is an excuse."

TommyDee,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Krazy

WTF people. If you are going to attack a poster and a site that is selling something to help out? Do 5 minutes of research first. Please. I know people are freaked but still.

Versions of this were selling on Amazon for </> $20 back at the beginning of the year when I started stocking up on supplies. You know, back when you could get them on Amazon.

Wawwa should be a bit clearer on construction and function but if you haven't read up on masks by now that is on you. That style of mask is primarily to prevent YOU from passing it on to others.
If it has a tissue pouch on the inner side (better protection) they might want to clarify.

Any mask that does not seal isn't fully filtering, no matter to R rating. Even the standard R95 medical masks are compromised by loose fit, making a face, having an oddly shaped face, not having a close shave, etc..

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Company closed down a week ago, medical field...
So far this has been my project!

Installed this and still have a bit of the railing to do! Have to keep busy although the trim has to wait now...

20200327-160417.jpg

And had a bit of fun in the corner!
20200327-180040.jpg

Next up is the carpet on the stairs and then some thinking.

We have enough herb and as luck would have it, I just hung up my harvest 5 days ago. So more than enough!
The stores are getting emptier every time I venture out, shit's getting real and it has not really hit our city yet. At the rate people were out in droves today doing their regular chores, shoulder to shoulder, it can only get bad!

Stay safe and sane everyone!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Picked up a couple dozen eggs from a small local farmer. It felt good to give them my business, the eggs are better than supermarket, and it was on the honor system. Take eggs, leave money. So social-distance friendly.

I'll probably not go back to supermarket eggs now.

This is the first time in my life that I've worried about the food supply. I also look at everything and either think, should I save it? or do I need to use that much? Like this morning when I thought, do I really need a napkin for this egg sandwich? Or folding up and saving used aluminum foil instead of throwing it away.

It is kind of like the mentality my grandparents had after going through the depression, minus the extreme poverty.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Out for our once daily allowed exercise excursion which today was a cycle ride combined with dropping food supplies off to the inlaws, at a distance of course.

While stopping outside my Mother-in-law's house we moved out of the way to give some space to what looked to be a young couple heading our way walking along the path - as they passed the dude forcibly and loudly coughed several times into the air and then laughed.

:goon:

Top Bottom