Whatcha doin' while you're isolated? The Quarantine Thread

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Resort won't extend my stay. I decided to go home Saturday - 2 weeks early. Out of the frying pan; into the fire. I've got everything I need for travel (wipes, sanitizer) except a mask. Actually, I go home to Portland, OR, but I live in Vancouver right across the river.

ginolicious

Resort won't extend my stay. I decided to go home Saturday - 2 weeks early. Out of the frying pan; into the fire. I've got everything I need for travel (wipes, sanitizer) except a mask. Actually, I go home to Portland, OR, but I live in Vancouver right across the river.

stay safe brother. It’s all about clean the hands. Don’t touch nothing. You’ll be fine.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Safe travel my friend.

I am a firm believer in 3 drops of oregano oil under the tongue, twice a day.

Im tempted to pick up a Nintendo Switch to get MarioKart and Zelda...

My kids have playstation and xbox, but they are always using them. Especially now.

I think I have my old NES system. I might have the original Legend of Zelda. I know I have Mario bros, Blades of Steel and Contra (up down up down left right left right AA BB select start)

nonamekevin

My wife and I got out for a hike today. It was more than nice to be out.

I think tonight we are going to continue to color this poster of a seahorse we got from the craft store 4yrs ago. I filled in the water a couple of years ago, so there's a lot left to do. :lol:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I think I am finally going to watch the Jimmy Kimmel remakes of "All in the Family" and "Good Times" tonight... I cant imagine Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker but am ready to dive in!

2 Cycle

I got an arcade machine with 1500 roms on it that I haven't really played yet. Work tomorrow then there is a fair chance we will be told not to come in for a while. Probably have the fellas over and play the arcade and drink beer and smoke. Combattribes is a great stress reliever

2 Cycle,
Reactions: 510MOD

GetLeft

Been happily focused on vaping. But I found out today that I can't go back to the office after Monday which means much of my creative energy from here on out will be dedicated to finding out how to grind and vape my buds, keep my cells charged and my screens clean in a house with two teens and a wife bouncing off the walls.

hd_rider

Just dabbed some rosin that I squished from a very fresh harvest of Snowcap. I just harvested her four days ago and put a couple of grams aside to dry for a few days.

Even though the buds weren't properly dried and cured, the rosin provided a much smoother and more tasteful experience compared to other concentrates, such as those purchased at the dispensary.

Yummy in my tummy!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm just enjoying this "social isolation' thing for as long as it lasts.

Eventually I'll be forced to go back to interacting with people in meatspace...but not yet :tup:

Actually, it has been nice to get away from some fucking annoying people and relax a bit. It would be a lot more fun if not for all the shitty news in the world.

One piece of good news is how all these other industries and factories are re-tooling to help make protective gear and ventilators.

Today I tried my hand at these handpulled noodles. Came out pretty tasty with some homemade sauce. Couldn't get the noodles that thin. I don't understand how their dough stretches when mine tears. I went biang biang and everything. :hmm:

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
If anyone wants to learn or get into, or just make some music with, modular synthesis, Cherry Audio just released a free version of their virtual modular synth software package.

EDIT:

This is the software, just enter your email and then check your email for the link - https://cherryaudio.com/free

This guy is GREAT at tutorials for beginners and those with knowledge, well worth checking out. Plus he has a great accent. The videos are for use with VCV Rack (another free modular software set up), but apply to Cherry modular too - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiECaNQx239s0Z1WmH5jQAcEZf3mLLHnX

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just learned a friend of mine has the virus, along with his brother, his brothers wife, and BOTH of his parents.

He, his brother, and his brother's wife are all recovering in quarantine, his mom and dad remain on ventilators in the ICU in separate rooms. This shit is no fucking joke. Y'all isolate and be safe!

ginolicious

Just learned a friend of mine has the virus, along with his brother, his brothers wife, and BOTH of his parents.

He, his brother, and his brother's wife are all recovering in quarantine, his mom and dad remain on ventilators in the ICU in separate rooms. This shit is no fucking joke. Y'all isolate and be safe!

Jesus. I’m sorry to hear. Everyone needs to stay at home. This is a very stressful time. Ontario has just ruled non essential businesses to close. They want everyone at home. And everyone should be at home. I hope they all are okay. I really do. I am curious as to their symptoms and how hard they got hit bit requiring ICU. Everyone gets hit to a different degree.

ginolicious

Order your groceries online. Have them put it in your car. Clean all packaging before entering your house. This protects you and the front line workers who are in the stores. I go so far as to open my trunk and close my trunk. I don’t want people touching my car.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Delivery options are STARVING for business, but I am also going the online grocery route (freshly is a great option) and having them all delivered. I figure cooking will kill more viruses than takeout.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Order your groceries online. Have them put it in your car. Clean all packaging before entering your house. This protects you and the front line workers who are in the stores. I go so far as to open my trunk and close my trunk. I don’t want people touching my car.
Tried to order my groceries online, as our grocery chain is advertising enhanced services in regards to this right now, did all my groceries, went to check out, and the earliest pickup option was 6 days away!! Ie. they’ve essentially cancelled the order/pickup option for groceries! Typical of our horrible grocery store with a monopoly though ... doesn’t care at all about its employees and even less about its customers.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Its not like we werent all warned for decades about doing this to our food supply chain.

The world is not prepared for anything thats coming.

Back to patching synths before the power runs out! :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Planck

ginolicious

Tried to order my groceries online, as our grocery chain is advertising enhanced services in regards to this right now, did all my groceries, went to check out, and the earliest pickup option was 6 days away!! Ie. they’ve essentially cancelled the order/pickup option for groceries! Typical of our horrible grocery store with a monopoly though ... doesn’t care at all about its employees and even less about its customers.

I had to order 4 days in advance. Keeps me safe. It sucks. But you gotta buy enough to get ya settled and they restock.

Top Bottom